Amount

Writer's Block - "Mad Lib Superheroine Story" - Experiment

30 Apr 2020 01:14 #67852 by Silhouette
I've been having writer's block lately. And it's frustrating. A lot of my ideas get to the synopsis stage and an outline is written. I get 15-20 pages into a story and then the story just... fizzles.

They're not BAD stories or BAD outlines; I don't know what exactly is going on. However, I have an idea: I have no deadline. I have no constraints. Creativity works best when there's at least a little bit of pressure applied, when there's a hint of limitation involved.

And maybe that's what I need.

I'm going to let the people here "create" my next story. So, here's the deal: You give me some of the details and I'm going to do my best to make a story out of those ideas.

I don't know if it's going to work but it's better than nothing at this point.

Give me one superheroine power; Not comedic (such as "she can bounce plastic forks off of her head!"), a genuine "with this power, an ordinary woman is now a superheroine."
Is the main villain superhuman or an ordinary human? Yes/No.
If the main villain is superhuman, what is their superpower? If the main villain is an ordinary human, what is their primary physical trait (ex. very tall, smells bad, large nose, dresses nicely, talks with an accent, etc.)?
Give me the setting for a major action sequence (ex. An abandoned factory, on the top of an aircraft hangar, etc. so forth).
The goal of the main villain is...?

First entry that passes the proverbial "smell test" gets written into as much story as I can write for a month. It's not going to be straight horror & it's not going to be set in the far future. No guarantees that it gets finished but I am going to try to build a complete story around the answers to those responses. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Silhouette
  • Silhouette's Avatar Topic Author
More
30 Apr 2020 02:22 #67853 by stmercy2020
Give me one superheroine power; Not comedic (such as "she can bounce plastic forks off of her head!"), a genuine "with this power, an ordinary woman is now a superheroine."

Psychometry- the heroine can psychically experience the history of an object she touches

Yes

If the main villain is superhuman, what is their superpower? If the main villain is an ordinary human, what is their primary physical trait (ex. very tall, smells bad, large nose, dresses nicely, talks with an accent, etc.)?

Pattern manipulation

Give me the setting for a major action sequence (ex. An abandoned factory, on the top of an aircraft hangar, etc. so forth).

A global peace conference

End all wars
The following user(s) said Thank You: Silhouette

More
30 Apr 2020 02:58 #67854 by blacknight
Give me one superheroine power; Not comedic (such as "she can bounce plastic forks off of her head!"), a genuine "with this power, an
ordinary woman is now a superheroine."

Telekinesis that she can use for manipulating objects and for emulating other powers such as invulnerability, strength and flight. Has no powers at the start of story, power grows over time as does number of uses and/or proficiency in using them. In this world a very small subset of women between 18 and 25 gain powers.

Ordinary human.

If the main villain is superhuman, what is their superpower? If the main
villain is an ordinary human, what is their primary physical trait (ex.
very tall, smells bad, large nose, dresses nicely, talks with an
accent, etc.)?

Dresses in a chic manner. CEO of a tech company dabbling in defense contracts. Has a sister with powers which he uses for dirty work.

Tech company main campus and R&D facility.

Simple. Rule the world through the use of captured and brainwashed or otherwise controlled superwomen.

More
30 Apr 2020 15:27 - 30 Apr 2020 15:28 #67858 by Rjjt456
Either  Irreversible Destruction  OR  Equilibrium_Manipulation 
One will entail that the heroin always need to be careful with their power (In a world made of paper).
The second will have some very powerful applications (might be overpowered) but also has very high potential in the right hands.

For the first, I imagine a normal human politician that has somehow been affected by the heroin and her use of her power. Maybe she killed one she dear to the villian? Destroyed a city while fighting of aliens? No matter her backstory, she will fight to try and control the heroin, trying to convince people that she is a danger to their very way of living (or something)
For the second, she would need a mighty foe that can either match or surpass her. A powerful being bend on chaos? An alien curios about what her power can do on a greater scale than crimefighting on earth?

The first (Normal) would likely have some kind of scare they got from thier backstory. They will be charming and convincing. They will likely be smart but not anything like Lex Luthor smart. 
The second one will likely be some kind of superhuman/alien. They might look human but they have power to match the heroine or are just flat-out immune. 

For the first: 
It is evening at one of the cities largest parks. People have gathered here and there to celebrate the new legeslation that have just been passed, banning superhumans, unless they will work under the goverment (Strict rules, no solo work and locked into a chain of command coupled with harsher punishment).
A group of villians begins to sow chaos in the park and the heroin steps in to help. She is nearly done with them when the goverment shows up with the millitary and weapons to counter the heroin. 
They nearly come to an agreement when an error happens in a system and the heroin is forced to fight while the the innocent is still looking, thinking that the heroin started the conflict.

The second
We are on the moon.
The heroine has been asked to be here by the villian where they will explain why they should, and can help eachother, 
"Think about it? Changing the worlds around us? Creating utopias everwhere you go? You could be like a goddess to the people you meet! Haven't you always wanted there to be balance? You and I? We aren't that different..."

The first:
A world without superhumans, or heavy regulations on them. Making people hate the superhumans, making it impossible for them to be part of society.

The second
Balance through force. Peace by war. Some noble goal reached by means the heroine don't like but can sympathise with.
Last edit: 30 Apr 2020 15:28 by Rjjt456.

More
30 Apr 2020 18:03 #67861 by Woodclaw

Silhouette wrote: Give me one superheroine power; Not comedic (such as "she can bounce plastic forks off of her head!"), a genuine "with this power, an ordinary woman is now a superheroine."

Well, I'm going to go with one of my favorite combinations: full super-senses battery and photographic memory. Yes, I know these are two different elements, but they're also pretty secondary for most characters.

Silhouette wrote: Is the main villain superhuman or an ordinary human? Yes/No.

Human, yes. Ordinary, no.
The main villain is the leader of a criminal syndicate. She has tons of resources and henchmen at her disposal, so he's not a direct opponent, but something more of chessmaster.

Silhouette wrote: If the main villain is superhuman, what is their superpower? If the main villain is an ordinary human, what is their primary physical trait (ex. very tall, smells bad, large nose, dresses nicely, talks with an accent, etc.)?

Our main villain ages very slowly, roughly one-fifth of a normal human and has been around quite a lot.

Silhouette wrote: Give me the setting for a major action sequence (ex. An abandoned factory, on the top of an aircraft hangar, etc. so forth).

A seaside town on the Mediterranean.

Silhouette wrote: The goal of the main villain is...?

Using the hero to get rid of a "problematic" henchman, without tipping of his associates.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Silhouette, Rjjt456

More
30 Apr 2020 20:59 #67865 by Silhouette
Thanks for all of the suggestions! They were all great suggestions... and it was really tough to pick just one...

...So I won't! I'm going to take an element from ALL of these replies to create the story! In hindsight, I shouldn't have put a "yes/no" after "Is the main villain a regular person or a superhuman?" Yeah... that was dumb of me. However, it seems as though you guys figured out what I had meant.

Thanks again and now I have some work to do...

• Silhouette
  • Silhouette's Avatar Topic Author
More
01 May 2020 06:01 #67874 by stmercy2020
To be fair, I figured you wanted to know if the bad guy was a meta or an unpowered individual... but I was being a bit of a smart ass. Feel free to smack me.

More
01 May 2020 08:22 #67876 by Rjjt456
Hopefully I didn’t go to far...
I just felt inspired!

More
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds