Amount

What do you look for in a story on this site?

21 Oct 2020 05:47 #69534 by Woody
Sorry if this grounds been covered and no I'm not using this as cover for a rant. I'm putting this out to help myself and others better hit you as a target audience. 

Why are you reading the stories on this site? Is it the author, subject matter,  something to read with one hand????

From what i can see personally a have a pretty nieche mob i seem to hit,  im not going to get to hiker or ceres levels of fame here and in mostly cool with this. And i know my bugglegum pop stories aren't for everyone. But in general.  What do you want to read here?

How as writers can we appeal to you?

Woody
The following user(s) said Thank You: HikerAngel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Woody
  • Woody's Avatar Topic Author
More
21 Oct 2020 07:02 #69535 by Avalian
Replied by Avalian on topic What do you look for in a story on this site?
First - a woman who is stronger than humanly possible and very willing to use that.
Second - a good core concept that I can get behind
Third - it avoid my personal distastes. This means no peril, bodily function domination (toilet, scat) - misogyny is acceptable from the characters, but not from the narrative
Fourth - my strong preferences - beautification, transformation, power transfer
Fifth - my secondary preferences - super strength without necessarily super size, the corruption of power or the already corrupt becoming more powerful

Basically, I come here to find entertainment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, Sarge395, Raa, slim36, d_k_c, Wotan45, SCOTT R, MatrixSimon1, static2097, Woody, HikerAngel

More
21 Oct 2020 13:38 #69537 by HikerAngel
Replied by HikerAngel on topic What do you look for in a story on this site?
Great idea for a thread, Woody! And thanks for the insight, Avalian. I’m really looking forward to seeing what people share here...

(Fame, Woody? Sheesh! :) )
The following user(s) said Thank You: Woody, Rjjt456

More
21 Oct 2020 14:48 #69538 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic What do you look for in a story on this site?
Partial to bad girls but a sexy bratty good girl also works.  Attitude.  

Showing off abilities, flight, strength, superbreath (sheer wind force, targeted, freezing, suction), visual powers (heat, laser, other), mind control, telekinesis, etc.

A slow build that is planet involving.  At the local level for a long time.  Then maybe city wide.  A world of supers.  Each making a dent or positive.  Not planet destroying antics.  

A fitness model body.  Not a bulging body builder style.  

Some peril is ok.  But not a PERIL story.  This is not the place for women in peril.  It is the opposite.  

Dark Supergirl.  One of the best ever.  
The following user(s) said Thank You: d_k_c, SCOTT R, MatrixSimon1, Woody, wf711022, HikerAngel

• Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
21 Oct 2020 17:49 #69540 by hbwh08
Personally I love to read about massive gaps in power and specifically invulnerability. Give me a confident girl showing off, enjoying her superiority, and I am hooked. It doesn't matter if it is a short story of some cute girl teaching some thugs a lesson or a really long ongoing story story like The LaPorte Caves.
The following user(s) said Thank You: d_k_c, SCOTT R, Woody, HikerAngel

More
21 Oct 2020 22:56 - 21 Oct 2020 23:10 #69543 by ChaozCloud
Replied by ChaozCloud on topic What do you look for in a story on this site?
For me I like big power gaps. A girl so immensly powerful she can hold the weight of an entire galaxy on top of her fingertip is great to me. The character should be willing to use the power and show it off as she pleases. Which is why I tend to like evil girls more, as they have less qualms on when and where to use their powers. Though I do enjoy good girls too.

For powers, I like the standard kryptonian set, but more powers are always welcomed.

I will agree with Sarge395 that an escelation is the best. Maybe starting off a bit weaker (compared to what she will become) and increasing as the story goes on.
And I'll also agree on ftiness body over bodybuilder.

Not a fan of peril, as I like to watch the girls be dominant. Unless it's a second girl putting them in peril, though more through power rather than kryptonite and such.

Just my two cents.
Last edit: 21 Oct 2020 23:10 by ChaozCloud.
The following user(s) said Thank You: d_k_c, SCOTT R, MatrixSimon1, Woody, wf711022, HikerAngel

More
22 Oct 2020 14:20 #69547 by Pepper
Like most of the posters here, I like the stories that give a sense of transformation and liberation, of a woman gaining the strength and freedom to do what she wants and improve her life, and to enjoy it.

Where a lot of the stories lose me is when the heroine can't think of anything better to do with her powers than to lord them over people or tear battleships in half. I can't relate to a character who takes joy in destruction or in the pain and suffering of others.

I also don't care for those stories that tend to portray intimate relationships as a zero-sum game; that as the main character's power and happiness grow that her partner's happiness must diminish. Being flirtatious, even somewhat assertive is okay; demanding obedience is not. It seems to me that if someone really did have super or magical powers, she could find a way to better her life and those of the people she cares about. Power doesn't give someone the right to be abusive. That goes both ways; I don't really enjoy the stories where the lead character is abused or mistreated before her transformation, either.

I know that probably puts me in the minority on this site. It's clearly a trope here for super-strong women to gleefully show off their strength. I just prefer the stories that find a clever way to avoid the trope. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, shadar, Woodclaw, Woody, HikerAngel

More
22 Oct 2020 18:44 - 22 Oct 2020 18:47 #69548 by shadar

Pepper wrote: Like most of the posters here, I like the stories that give a sense of transformation and liberation, of a woman gaining the strength and freedom to do what she wants and improve her life, and to enjoy it.

Where a lot of the stories lose me is when the heroine can't think of anything better to do with her powers than to lord them over people or tear battleships in half. I can't relate to a character who takes joy in destruction or in the pain and suffering of others.

I also don't care for those stories that tend to portray intimate relationships as a zero-sum game; that as the main character's power and happiness grow that her partner's happiness must diminish. Being flirtatious, even somewhat assertive is okay; demanding obedience is not. It seems to me that if someone really did have super or magical powers, she could find a way to better her life and those of the people she cares about. Power doesn't give someone the right to be abusive. That goes both ways; I don't really enjoy the stories where the lead character is abused or mistreated before her transformation, either.

I know that probably puts me in the minority on this site. It's clearly a trope here for super-strong women to gleefully show off their strength. I just prefer the stories that find a clever way to avoid the trope. 

I agree completely.... a supergirl/superwoman discovering her powers and finding amazing ways to use them which also benefits her lover. I prefer to depict that lover as an ordinary man, ranging from nerd/geek to an ex-SEAL, who greatly enjoys all his girlfriend's new abilities and the possibilities that opens up to change the world in some way.

I most prefer the combination of an inexperienced and somewhat naive supergirl in her teens whose powers are emerging, coupled with a boyfriend who is older and who has experience and knowledge and connections that are useful for her. In that sense, he adds great value to the relationship, combining his knowledge and experience with her immense power. 

Of late, a favorite theme is a man who is ex-Special Forces military, who has been discharged and disgruntled by the way the world or the military is run, or maybe even disabled to some degree from injuries they sustained in service, and who are very aware of the limitations that they faced as soldiers. Coupling that with a young girlfriend who breaks through all those barriers to accomplish impossible missions that he was never able to do as a soldier/aviator/SEAL/secret agent, etc.etc. Fighting always against a very capable and implacable enemy, who may be human and Earthly, or secret alien intruders. 

The two of them have a chance to save the world while their relationship grows closer and more intimate at the same time. The male lead character is usually some fantasy alter-ego version of myself. Which is to say, I write the story for myself, imagining a world I'd like to live in and a role I'd love to inhabit in real life. 

I know that doesn't always resonate with many of the members here, but I can only write what I like. This is fantasy, after all. 

Fortunately, there are always at least a few who enjoy such stories.  

Shadar
Last edit: 22 Oct 2020 18:47 by shadar.

• shadar
More
23 Oct 2020 05:47 - 25 Oct 2020 05:22 #69556 by grungykitten
Replied by grungykitten on topic What do you look for in a story on this site?
My preference, is for the females to enjoy a massive advantage over men, specifically in muscular strength and lack of vulnerability to physical injuries, emphasis on the word “enjoy”. What the women choose to do with that advantage, and how the men deal with their disadvantage, makes no difference to me. As long as it is not too gory.

I tend to favor stories with strong character development and world building. Authors like Circes_cup, HikerAngel and Shadar create worlds that feel lived in, as opposed to feeling like mere playgrounds for their protagonists.

don’t get me wrong, I enjoy lightweight superwoman smut as much as the next guy. But there are lots of other sites out there where I can get that. This is the only site I know of where I can get quality superwoman fiction, and that’s what I look for on this site..
Last edit: 25 Oct 2020 05:22 by grungykitten. Reason: Added some more details.

More
24 Oct 2020 12:10 #69566 by BrokenIron
Replied by BrokenIron on topic What do you look for in a story on this site?
I look for a good story about an immensely powerful, incredibly sexy woman who is trying to figure out her powers and her purpose in life.  I want her to be motivated by other people and more or less realistic about life and death.  The story needs to be about her and how she interacts with other people whether it is family, friend, coworkers, or lovers.   Their opinion has to matter.  She has to care about them. 

What's the point of a story about someone who cannot be challenged and does not care for anyone else?

I don't mind a bad girl if she is motivated by something, but usually they are just evil.  There have been a few who have been pushed to the edge by people and strike out, but there is real room for say a Soviet Supergirl circa 1937 completely devoted to Stalin or another bad girl who is motivated by high ideals. There are some out there, but it has been a while.

I do not care for the omnipotent woman stories.  If the descriptions are great I might read some of them, but they do not do much for me. I tend to like the traditional Kryptonian power set.  Super intelligence
can be cool too, but if you ad anything else to the mix they just
become overwhelming. 

And, frankly, a fitness model with the physical power of ten women is a superhero.  Think about a 5'8 inch woman with an 2000lbs bench press and a 25 foot vertical leap.  She is barely worth mentioning on this site, but just being 10X stronger than a
normal woman her size and build would make her out of this world.  She
would actually have to be somewhat tougher to handle the stress, but the
trials and tribulations of a young woman in that range would be a great
story.  She could literally win every athletic competition, but she
would still barely be in the realm of human.  . 

One of my pet peeves is that good people do not randomly kill people because they can't or even because they are going to get caught.  They don't kill people because it is not the right thing to do.  For a normal person killing someone - even accidentally - is traumatic, but often writers blow past this in a hurry.  

Finally, I hate stories where no one is sexy.  There are some of those out there and I will read them sometimes too, but sex appeal is a big part of the attraction.  I tend to dig the fitness model build of more or less normal size and sometimes smaller stature is better.   

My favorite writers are Shadar, HikerAngel, HarmonyInMoton, CircesCup, and others that write in a similar vein, but I appreciate everyone who gives it a try.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HikerAngel, Rjjt456

More
24 Oct 2020 15:50 #69568 by smoki07
Replied by smoki07 on topic What do you look for in a story on this site?
My preferences match with grundykitten's. Good girls over bad ones but it's not simple. it's all about story in the end. I can like per example HikerAngel's stories even if villains prevails. Argonaut did start something interesting with "Baker's Dozens" but the story is abandoned now.

More
25 Oct 2020 13:01 #69571 by Bert
It's been interesting to read these preferences. I've been a fan of superheroines for a very long time, although my tastes include more peril than this site is generally comfortable with. I've written a couple stories about a more believable, real world Supergirl embarking on a crimefighting career and facing difficulties before ultimately prevailing. I've considered posting the stories here, but I haven't because I suspected there might be some backlash due to the peril content. Reading these posts makes me think that was probably the right call.

More
25 Oct 2020 16:47 #69572 by smoki07
Replied by smoki07 on topic What do you look for in a story on this site?

Bert wrote: It's been interesting to read these preferences. I've been a fan of superheroines for a very long time, although my tastes include more peril than this site is generally comfortable with. I've written a couple stories about a more believable, real world Supergirl embarking on a crimefighting career and facing difficulties before ultimately prevailing. I've considered posting the stories here, but I haven't because I suspected there might be some backlash due to the peril content. Reading these posts makes me think that was probably the right call.

By peril, do you means Superheirone mind-controlled by some douchebag or villain?

More
25 Oct 2020 17:03 #69573 by shadar

Bert wrote: It's been interesting to read these preferences. I've been a fan of superheroines for a very long time, although my tastes include more peril than this site is generally comfortable with. I've written a couple stories about a more believable, real world Supergirl embarking on a crimefighting career and facing difficulties before ultimately prevailing. I've considered posting the stories here, but I haven't because I suspected there might be some backlash due to the peril content. Reading these posts makes me think that was probably the right call.

A good story of the classic style, IMHO, should force the protagonist to struggle mightily to overcome danger and conflict and that means putting them in harms way. The heroine's path becomes increasingly difficult leading to a climax where she eventually finds a way to overcome the threats. And given she's superhuman, the challenges can be extreme. 

That alone doesn't make it Peril. 

My definition of Peril (and others may have better definitions) is when a style of writing makes it clear that degradation and attacks on the female heroine are the primary focus of the story. And if she does win, it's usually a brief bit of miraculousness at the end after most of the story was in involved beating her down. There are often but not always misogynist elements. 

It's not just a difference in degree of hardship or violence, but of flavor, and that's kind of hard to define. But I can easily recognize the flavor of Peril when I'm reading it.

If you are unsure where your stories stand in that regard, especially if you aren't ensconced within the Peril genre and your stories aren't enthusiastically supported by fans of that genre, then I'd suggest posting one here to dip your toe in the water.

Maybe this audience will like it. Never know until you try. 

Shadar
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bert, HikerAngel, BrokenIron

• shadar
More
25 Oct 2020 22:11 #69576 by Slim0926
Replied by Slim0926 on topic What do you look for in a story on this site?
well for me, it seems a little taboo, but it;s really hard to find stories where the girl grows up with super strength. For instance what would the character be like if she lived at home with her family and she discovers that she's way stronger than anybody in her family and uses this to get her way with anything she wants, and this could be eventually where her power and strength slowly has her taking over her family, then the neighborhood then her school or even a college town near by. I'm not a all super powers guy ,I just like the girl to grow stronger as the days and years go by..MY THOUGHTS and WANTS..LOve this site 
The following user(s) said Thank You: HikerAngel, Victoria Nike

More
26 Oct 2020 01:38 #69579 by wf711022
Replied by wf711022 on topic What do you look for in a story on this site?

shadar wrote:

Pepper wrote: Like most of the posters here, I like the stories that give a sense of transformation and liberation, of a woman gaining the strength and freedom to do what she wants and improve her life, and to enjoy it.

I agree completely.... a supergirl/superwoman discovering her powers and finding amazing ways to use them which also benefits her lover. I prefer to depict that lover as an ordinary man, ranging from nerd/geek to an ex-SEAL, who greatly enjoys all his girlfriend's new abilities and the possibilities that opens up to change the world in some way.

I most prefer the combination of an inexperienced and somewhat naive supergirl in her teens whose powers are emerging, coupled with a boyfriend who is older and who has experience and knowledge and connections that are useful for her. In that sense, he adds great value to the relationship, combining his knowledge and experience with her immense power. 

Of late, a favorite theme is a man who is ex-Special Forces military, who has been discharged and disgruntled by the way the world or the military is run, or maybe even disabled to some degree from injuries they sustained in service, and who are very aware of the limitations that they faced as soldiers. Coupling that with a young girlfriend who breaks through all those barriers to accomplish impossible missions that he was never able to do as a soldier/aviator/SEAL/secret agent, etc.etc. Fighting always against a very capable and implacable enemy, who may be human and Earthly, or secret alien intruders. 

The two of them have a chance to save the world while their relationship grows closer and more intimate at the same time. The male lead character is usually some fantasy alter-ego version of myself. Which is to say, I write the story for myself, imagining a world I'd like to live in and a role I'd love to inhabit in real life. 

I know that doesn't always resonate with many of the members here, but I can only write what I like. This is fantasy, after all. 

Fortunately, there are always at least a few who enjoy such stories.  

Shadar

I like this idea very much and I look forward to seeing this novel as soon as possible
The following user(s) said Thank You: TwiceOnThursdays, HikerAngel

More
26 Oct 2020 02:37 #69580 by HikerAngel
Replied by HikerAngel on topic What do you look for in a story on this site?

Slim0926 wrote: well for me, it seems a little taboo, but it;s really hard to find stories where the girl grows up with super strength. For instance what would the character be like if she lived at home with her family and she discovers that she's way stronger than anybody in her family and uses this to get her way with anything she wants, and this could be eventually where her power and strength slowly has her taking over her family, then the neighborhood then her school or even a college town near by. I'm not a all super powers guy ,I just like the girl to grow stronger as the days and years go by..MY THOUGHTS and WANTS..LOve this site 

This is a seriously good idea! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Slim0926, Rjjt456

More
26 Oct 2020 09:26 #69584 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic What do you look for in a story on this site?

Slim0926 wrote: well for me, it seems a little taboo, but it;s really hard to find stories where the girl grows up with super strength. For instance what would the character be like if she lived at home with her family and she discovers that she's way stronger than anybody in her family and uses this to get her way with anything she wants, and this could be eventually where her power and strength slowly has her taking over her family, then the neighborhood then her school or even a college town near by. I'm not a all super powers guy ,I just like the girl to grow stronger as the days and years go by..MY THOUGHTS and WANTS..LOve this site 

It's the third time over the last week or so that someone put me in front of a scenaro like this, which reminds me The Twilight Zone.

More
26 Oct 2020 10:10 #69585 by koopa
Personnally  looking for hot transformation of women into uber version of themselves.

More
26 Oct 2020 16:12 #69586 by Bert
Okay, I'll give it a shot.

More
26 Oct 2020 18:24 #69588 by pinguisavis
Replied by pinguisavis on topic What do you look for in a story on this site?
I am fascinated by stories like Dru1076's O Girl, an universe in which the entire world has to come to terms with the fact that something like O Girl exists, a being of unknown power who can apparently come up with whatever new power she feels like getting

Sure, there are deaths in that universe, but they are (almost) never direct. One can imagine that when she dropped a 3 mile wide, 3 mile thick ice block on the ground from several miles in the air there might have been casualties and lots, lots of destruction.

Would be interesting to see something exploring all that devastation, or the constant fear and dread that anytime, it could happen to you, and she might leave from all that smiling because of the good she did in her eyes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, Woodclaw, Dru1076, Lulu, HikerAngel, Victoria Nike

More
27 Oct 2020 08:29 #69596 by Victoria Nike
Replied by Victoria Nike on topic What do you look for in a story on this site?
A lot has been said already, and a lot of interesting points have been brought up, but I wanted to give my perspective as well.

To get the obvious out of the way: A well written story, with good characterization and dialog is the most important thing, and also the hardest. Which is why it is so amazing to see so many legitimately great writers on this site, and why it is one of my favourite fetish literature sources on the web. A sincere thank you to everyone on here who contributes, you rock!

Now, for me, the central ability is super strength. That's what every story needs. Other than that, I also like the traditional kryptonian powerset with speed, laser eyes, super breath etc. I'm not much into telekinetic abilities, for me, superwomen literature works best when their powers are based upon their physical abilities. Not much into Omni either, as it removes any stakes and cause I like my stories somewhat grounded.

I really enjoy a good transformation. A woman discovering her abilities, much to the detriment of her surroundings? Right up my alley. In terms of transformation of their physiques, I like both muscle growth and them staying conventionally feminine and petite. There are interesting story possibilities in both cases. One good example that comes to mind is Papayoya's Pheonix Initiative. One of my favourite (still ongoing?) stories, and the way he grounds their abilities in reality by giving them much denser muscles, and with it a much heavier body, is great. I really like that aspect of superwomen, as it gives them yet another way in which they can effortlessly and unawarely dominate their surroundings in very casual ways. Which is one of my favourite tropes in general. 

With regards to their attitudes, as long as it is well written and her actions understandable and based on her characterization, I'm happy. I can enjoy an evil supergirl just as much as a sweet and caring one. Or a good person that changes for the worse, as long as the change doesn't happen too suddenly or out of thin air.

And, this might be where I am in the minority, I really like gore. Not for the sake of it, but I guess this goes back to my point about stories that feel grounded in reality. And well, if you're strong enough to throw tanks and you punch someone, then that someone's reaction better reflect that he was just hit by a fist capable of denting even the most thick of steel plates. This is especially exciting in combination with dominating types of superwomen.

I whole-heartedly agree! This is one of my favourite tropes as well. I get it is a thin line to walk, cause you don't want to sexualize minors and super strength is inherently sexual to most of us, but I think there is a lot of potential in superwomen stories that shine a light on what it would be like for a young girl to grow up with super strength. Being a kid/teenager is confusing and emotional enough as is, throw in the ability to tear a person apart or lift cars and things could get real interesting. Emotional instability, a lack of sense of purpose and place in life, youthful ignorance and innocence. All great themes to explore in combination with abilities like super strength. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, shadar, Slim0926, HikerAngel, Rjjt456

More
28 Oct 2020 12:44 #69605 by Bert
I did submit the first chapter of a story several days ago. So far I haven't heard back and the story isn't posted yet. How long does it usually take for this process to unfold?

More
28 Oct 2020 12:50 #69606 by Woody
Stories get posted every sun at midnight gmt. It gives woodclaw a chance to collate and edit them for the site

• Woody
  • Woody's Avatar Topic Author
More
28 Oct 2020 15:09 #69613 by Bert
Ahhh. Thanks!

More
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds