Amount

Transgender character

30 May 2021 06:46 #71309 by Thefirstone
Transgender character was created by Thefirstone
Not really sure what else to say, really, but one thing that had occurred to me is a closeted trans woman getting Shazam-like transformation powers and the superpowered form is based on the person’s ideal self (to give another example, there were apparently plans at one point for Switch in The Matrix to be played by a guy in the real world).  Any thoughts or anything?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thefirstone
  • Thefirstone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
More
30 May 2021 14:22 #71314 by rednecko
Replied by rednecko on topic Transgender character
I have been trying to figure out a transgender Superheroine for a while. I have wanted to give a man or woman superpowers, but only when they become the opposite gender. It would also be reversible where they run out of time and become their mundane self. I haven’t figured out a way to do the transformation or the powers. It’s been in my brain though. 

More
30 May 2021 20:57 #71319 by ace191
Replied by ace191 on topic Transgender character
I have been working on one on and off for 6 months but I did not think that there would be much of a market so to speak for it.

More
30 May 2021 22:33 #71320 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Transgender character

I have been working on one on and off for 6 months but I did not think that there would be much of a market so to speak for it.
I'm interested.

More
30 May 2021 22:42 #71321 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Transgender character
Ditto

More
31 May 2021 03:19 #71322 by ace191
Replied by ace191 on topic Transgender character
Ok, I guess I need to put in a little more effort which should not be an issue considering it is over 100 degrees and going up here in Phoenix.

More
31 May 2021 17:05 #71328 by YAGS
Replied by YAGS on topic Transgender character
I actually know of two past examples of this, in relatively mainstream sources. 

One of them was the comic book Promethea by Alan Moore. The main character is a teenage girl who can magically transform into the adult-looking superheroine Promoethea. Due to the magical nature of her powers, she's able to meet the women who served in the role of Promethea before her (despite most of them being dead), and one of them was a man. As the superheroine Promethea, he had a romance with a government agent who he regularly worked with, who had no idea that Promethea's civilian identity was male. The character was clearly presented as gay, but I'm not sure if he/she was intended to be trans, or just took advantage of sometimes having a female body to have a romance with a straight man he fell in love with.

The other was an Asian comedy movie. I've seen clips of it on YouTube while searching for superheroine stuff, but I don't remember the name, or even what country/language it was. Maybe Filipino? Again, it's about a guy transforming into a female superheroine. Not understanding the language, and not remembering the details, since I saw the clips years ago, I don't know if that one was gay/trans at all, or if the movie just played the gender change of an otherwise straight cisgender guy for laughs.

More
01 Jun 2021 05:49 #71331 by Jabbrwock
Replied by Jabbrwock on topic Transgender character
There are a fair number of stories along this line on sites that specialize in transgender fiction. I can recommend The Miracle Legacy by Morpheus as falling squarely in this site's wheelhouse.

bigclosetr.us/topshelf/fiction/32387/01-miracle-legacy

Most of his stories feature male to female transformations with various special powers, but the Legacy series is most squarely focused on the superhero genre.

More
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds