Amount

Muscle Size

08 Jul 2021 07:16 #71696 by Thefirstone
Muscle Size was created by Thefirstone
Do you prefer a super strong woman to have a normal build or to be super muscular as well?  I personally can go either way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: guimachajo1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thefirstone
  • Thefirstone's Avatar Topic Author
More
08 Jul 2021 08:38 #71697 by wf711022
Replied by wf711022 on topic Muscle Size
I still hope that the female Superman will keep a normal figure and not lose her sexiness
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, Markiehoe, schera_zard

More
08 Jul 2021 09:52 #71698 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Muscle Size

Do you prefer a super strong woman to have a normal build or to be super muscular as well?  I personally can go either way.

I think it depends on what kind of effect you're looking for in the story. Personally, I think that both are fine options.

More
08 Jul 2021 10:04 - 08 Jul 2021 11:20 #71699 by Monty
Replied by Monty on topic Muscle Size
I think this depends on factors. If the girl is an alien to our world, she can possess fantastic strength and other abilities that far outweigh any earthling's possibilities without the need for enhanced body muscle. (That's Kara Danvers covered).
Wonder Woman is a different concept, being from our world but having fantastic abilities. Gal Gadot's scenes in the trenches in Wonder Woman are absolutely epic without the need for huge muscle power, and I guess she is human too, one of us, just with remarkable trained and honed abilities. Absolutely Awesome!
Realistically, from a 'human' perspective, it's gonna be huge muscles to have this kind of superstrength. (I'm thinking Tetsuko from DCM here).
So three options, all work for me.

E.T.A. Gal Has it has it as Wonder Woman for reasons above, no mass muscle, just fantastic strength and abilities.
Gal wins hands down every time here. :)

​​​​
Last edit: 08 Jul 2021 11:20 by Monty.

More
08 Jul 2021 10:58 #71700 by Woodclaw
For the record, my current preferences are somewhat in this neighbourhood .

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Raa, slim36, Ravens_ghost, aguilauno, reddofnonnac, Slim0926

More
08 Jul 2021 11:00 #71701 by ChaozCloud
Replied by ChaozCloud on topic Muscle Size
I feel fitness model levels are the perfect amount. More or less is fine, but that's where I think it's the most aesthetically pleasing
I really don't like unrealistic muscle mass, like for example: www.deviantart.com/mdrlalo82/art/Touching-the-Peak-868928080 (no offence to the artist, I just think it's too much)
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan

More
08 Jul 2021 11:05 #71702 by YAGS
Replied by YAGS on topic Muscle Size
I very much prefer normal looking women, not overly muscled.

More
08 Jul 2021 11:12 #71703 by jnw550
Replied by jnw550 on topic Muscle Size
I like them to look “heroic”. Much of that has to do with the way they hold themselves in stature and posture. Gal does this. She’s not “fit” in the context of fitness models, but she holds herself heroically, if that makes sense. 

If I have my choice, I like fitness model muscle. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: aguilauno

More
08 Jul 2021 11:32 #71704 by Woodclaw

I like them to look “heroic”. Much of that has to do with the way they hold themselves in stature and posture. Gal does this. She’s not “fit” in the context of fitness models, but she holds herself heroically, if that makes sense. 
It makes perfect sense. Capturing posture is really one of the key points in selling a character.

More
08 Jul 2021 12:38 #71705 by amoerpanter1505
Replied by amoerpanter1505 on topic Muscle Size
I must confess that I personally prefer muscular, heroic superwomen, as long as they still look feminine. But I also think the bodytype should depend on the type of heroine. Supergirl is supposed to look like a toned cheerleader/gymnast. Wonder Woman is a heroine that is connected to Greek myth, so she 's a female example of the Greek ideal of beauty and physicality, with a developed, visible, well-proportioned musculature. And she is an Amazon, so she should have a body to match those aspects. Power Girl's physique is supposed to contrast Supergirl's physique. She is taller, more voluptuous and more muscular. Her body looks more stereotypically heroic, and thus more like a female version of Superman. The different She-Hulks are female Hulks, but they are usually (looking at you, Jason "She-Hulk=Hulk, but woman" Aaron)  portrayed as far less "monsterous" and in complete control.So their bodies should reflect that balance. A combination of female bodybuilder and supermodel visualizes that balance. So it depends on the type of character. Is her body supposed to belie her superhuman strength? Is she supposed to look more stereotypically heroic, in some cases because she is related to mythology? Or is it part of her character that she has a body that matches her incredible strength and that she is unusually tall and muscular? Those aspects should be reflected by how the heroine looks.

More
08 Jul 2021 12:40 - 08 Jul 2021 12:43 #71706 by amoerpanter1505
Replied by amoerpanter1505 on topic Muscle Size
@ wf711022 Do you mean the female Kryptonian from the upcoming Flash movie?
Last edit: 08 Jul 2021 12:43 by amoerpanter1505.

More
08 Jul 2021 13:01 - 08 Jul 2021 13:07 #71707 by Monty
There are many superheroine depictions of a female carrying her super strength in her large chest. I think that works well,. Instead of muscles which would detract from a female, unique femininity with great power can be shown in other ways.

Thank You DanoSHC...

www.deviantart.com/danoshc
Last edit: 08 Jul 2021 13:07 by Monty.

More
08 Jul 2021 13:06 #71708 by Raa
Replied by Raa on topic Muscle Size
I like fitness model muscle

More
08 Jul 2021 14:21 #71709 by AlbertC
Replied by AlbertC on topic Muscle Size
I believe it depends on the character. A 1984 Supergirl style which is extremely muscular sounds a little bit strange, other ones can fit it perfectly
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395

More
08 Jul 2021 14:39 #71711 by Pepper
Replied by Pepper on topic Muscle Size
Body type depends on the story that the author is trying to tell.  Is the character supposed to be someone who is irresistibly attractive, physically intimidating, or someone that blends into a crowd and isn't particularly noticeable?  
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monty

More
08 Jul 2021 14:42 #71712 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Muscle Size
Throw another in the column for Fitness model body type :P

ElF

More
08 Jul 2021 15:38 #71713 by Raa

Throw another in the column for Fitness model body type :P

ElF

This image is hidden for guests.

The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, Sarge395

More
08 Jul 2021 15:41 #71714 by lfan
Jamie is one of my faves!  Lil tidbit.... Cassie, one of the super powered gals in Being Super #1, was based on Jamie!

ElF

More
08 Jul 2021 15:58 #71715 by Monty

Body type depends on the story that the author is trying to tell.  Is the character supposed to be someone who is irresistibly attractive, physically intimidating, or someone that blends into a crowd and isn't particularly noticeable?  

You would only have to look as far as Circes Cup's very well written La Porte Caves to see how well this can work in the genre.
​​​​​
The following user(s) said Thank You: Victoria Nike

More
08 Jul 2021 17:23 - 08 Jul 2021 17:25 #71716 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Muscle Size
Slender, sleek, lots of smooth curves yet tightly-muscled and fantastically toned, but with muscular expansion when exerting herself that is beyond human possibility. 

Perhaps a bit like this kind of slender yet tightly-defined physique?

Not hard for me to envision this woman as a Kryptonian/Velorian, et.al. kind of supergirl. Her amazing musculature along with such a slender body and long blonde hair makes it easy for me to buy into the "superhumanly strong" aspect. 

Shadar

This message has an attachment image.

Last edit: 08 Jul 2021 17:25 by shadar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, Ravens_ghost, aguilauno, BrokenIron

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
08 Jul 2021 19:42 - 08 Jul 2021 19:42 #71717 by The Highlander
Replied by The Highlander on topic Muscle Size
My main attraction is to female muscle and strength rather than specifically superwomen so unsurprisingly I like Tetsuko/She Hulk sized and bigger. Although unlike some FM fans I also like women who are still clearly female, for example with large soft breasts, just with their muscle size cranked up high!
Last edit: 08 Jul 2021 19:42 by The Highlander.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RD

More
08 Jul 2021 19:56 - 08 Jul 2021 19:57 #71718 by Raa

Jamie is one of my faves!  Lil tidbit.... Cassie, one of the super powered gals in Being Super #1, was based on Jamie!

ElF

IMO, still one of the best Powergirl drawings.

Last edit: 08 Jul 2021 19:57 by Raa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395

More
08 Jul 2021 21:19 #71719 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic Muscle Size
Throw in another vote for the fitness model body type. Too much muscle is bad but too little is also bad.

More
08 Jul 2021 21:41 #71720 by lfan
Hey!   I colored that!  Jay was kind enough to let me try my hand....

ElF

ElF

IMO, still one of the best Powergirl drawings.

More
09 Jul 2021 00:56 #71723 by steelknight3000
Replied by steelknight3000 on topic Muscle Size
If I wanted to be specific I prefer fitness/crossfit level of muscle but as long as she's superstrong any level of fitness or skinniness is fine. However I'm turned off by artists that use grotesque amounts of inhuman muscle or copy female heads onto male bodies.

More
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds