Amount

Muscle Size

09 Jul 2021 04:14 #71724 by Pepper
Replied by Pepper on topic Muscle Size

Body type depends on the story that the author is trying to tell.  Is the character supposed to be someone who is irresistibly attractive, physically intimidating, or someone that blends into a crowd and isn't particularly noticeable?  

You would only have to look as far as Circes Cup's very well written La Porte Caves to see how well this can work in the genre.
​​​​​
I thought of that story while I was writing my post.  Since transformations are such a staple of the stories here, there can be interesting consequences of different body types; a non-descript woman who becomes a knockout and isn't ready for the extra attention it brings, or a woman who becomes large and muscular and doesn't realize how scary and intimidating she now is.

Lots of stories here are just a battle to see if the heroine can beat up the villain, or who can outsmart who, and those can be fun.  But the really great ones explore the details of what happens to someone with super powers.  I like an author who puts his superheroine in a situation she can't just punch her way out of.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jul 2021 08:28 - 09 Jul 2021 08:43 #71727 by Monty
Replied by Monty on topic Muscle Size

Body type depends on the story that the author is trying to tell.  Is the character supposed to be someone who is irresistibly attractive, physically intimidating, or someone that blends into a crowd and isn't particularly noticeable?  

You would only have to look as far as Circes Cup's very well written La Porte Caves to see how well this can work in the genre.
​​​​​
I thought of that story while I was writing my post.  Since transformations are such a staple of the stories here, there can be interesting consequences of different body types; a non-descript woman who becomes a knockout and isn't ready for the extra attention it brings, or a woman who becomes large and muscular and doesn't realize how scary and intimidating she now is.

Lots of stories here are just a battle to see if the heroine can beat up the villain, or who can outsmart who, and those can be fun.  But the really great ones explore the details of what happens to someone with super powers.  I like an author who puts his superheroine in a situation she can't just punch her way out of.
Yes, Circes Cup absolutely nailed the above with La Porte Caves. (A solid steel nail that could be easily pushed and driven in with Julia's, Mindy's or Ruth's more solid individual pinky fingers). The juxtaposition between Julia and the natives has been one of the best I've read here. His description of Real Muscle and how it works in the local female community has been outstanding. Hope to hear more from you soon Circes!
Last edit: 09 Jul 2021 08:43 by Monty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Victoria Nike

More
09 Jul 2021 09:09 - 09 Jul 2021 15:41 #71728 by Monty
Mindy not even bothering to show off to an overwhelmed, pre-nourished Julia.

"Um, well, this is kind of a relaxed pose" said Mindy.

"You could have all this too, if you wanted?"

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 09 Jul 2021 15:41 by Monty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: reddofnonnac, guimachajo1

More
09 Jul 2021 19:29 - 09 Jul 2021 19:30 #71735 by ballen
Replied by ballen on topic Muscle Size

I like them to look “heroic”. Much of that has to do with the way they hold themselves in stature and posture. Gal does this. She’s not “fit” in the context of fitness models, but she holds herself heroically, if that makes sense. 

If I have my choice, I like fitness model muscle. 

I am actually quite surprised by this given the musculature of some of your OC's like Kellie from "More Than Mortal" and Valerie from "Blue Steel."  Can I just take a second to say you are one of my favorite authors of ALL TIME and everyday I wait for something new or a continuation of something old from you.  Had to say that. 

For me, I like well muscled Kellie/Valerie types but with beautiful faces of course.   Heather Armbrust, Lisa Aukland and Kim Chizevsky are the physiques I like to read about.  Don't get me wrong, Lauren Findley is super hot but physique wise, I like something that looks super powerful.  And obviously given the women I have mentioned, I like well muscled calves.

Last edit: 09 Jul 2021 19:30 by ballen.

More
09 Jul 2021 20:18 - 09 Jul 2021 20:27 #71736 by grungykitten
Replied by grungykitten on topic Muscle Size
I prefer a thickly-muscled heroine over a super-powerful waif. But not grotesquely muscular. There is a limit, somewhere around Tetsuko's level of muscularity. I just feel like a super-powerful girl should look the part.
That said, as long as the writing works, I'm fine with a character who looks like a "normal" girl.
Last edit: 09 Jul 2021 20:27 by grungykitten.
The following user(s) said Thank You: reddofnonnac, Monty, amoerpanter1505

More
09 Jul 2021 21:41 #71737 by Monty
I agree. Tetsoku Rocks. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: reddofnonnac, amoerpanter1505

More
10 Jul 2021 18:46 #71745 by Pepper
Replied by Pepper on topic Muscle Size

Yes, Circes Cup absolutely nailed the above with La Porte Caves. (A solid steel nail that could be easily pushed and driven in with Julia's, Mindy's or Ruth's more solid individual pinky fingers). The juxtaposition between Julia and the natives has been one of the best I've read here. His description of Real Muscle and how it works in the local female community has been outstanding. Hope to hear more from you soon Circes!
I'm looking forward to when it continues.  Although it has been over a year; I'm starting to get a little discouraged.  Maybe tonight.

More
12 Jul 2021 22:56 #71764 by RevTekkX
Replied by RevTekkX on topic Muscle Size

I'm looking forward to when it continues.  Although it has been over a year; I'm starting to get a little discouraged.  Maybe tonight.
I saw a post dated middle-ish of April 2021 on a bulletin board CC indicated he was still working on LPC Revised.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monty

More
16 Jul 2021 10:39 #71799 by Newshound
Replied by Newshound on topic Muscle Size
Over the years, my fantasies have settled on 4 basic body types:

Mini giantess- roughly 8 feet tall with a thick muscular build on an off season body builder, able to toss M1 tanks 

Amazon- about  6'3" with a thick physique like Brooke Hogan or former WWE diva Beth Phoenix, stronger than numerous men, capable of defeating entire football team

Average sized woman- with unspecified strength other than being a lot stronger than me

Waif- petite woman like Avril Lavigne or Emma Roberts but, capable of defeating even Superman or the Hulk.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RD

More
17 Jul 2021 18:16 #71813 by HikerAngel
Replied by HikerAngel on topic Muscle Size
So it seems like there is a prevailing preference for very fit but slender and/or very muscular ladies. Voluptuousness always seems to be preferred along with the fitness. The waif (slender, less well endowed, and not super fit) body type seems less popular.

Any differing preferences out there?

More
17 Jul 2021 19:01 #71817 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Muscle Size
Bikini model/Playboy proportions. The muscle size isn't the issue for me. The power is. The less of a threat they appear to be, the sexier they are.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monty

• Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
31 Aug 2021 22:21 #72203 by kam
Replied by kam on topic Muscle Size
I know I'm a bit late to the party, but wanted to point out that one can't forget about powerlifters, wrestlers and strength athletes. Jill Mills and Becca Swanson were beasts in their hay day. Not ripped or super lean but just sheer might visually and physically.  As built as how Alex Ross's Powerwoman (Powergirl, but fully grown up) was. 

More
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds