Amount

Title uncertain

25 Aug 2021 08:17 #72166 by Thefirstone
Title uncertain was created by Thefirstone
Suppose a notorious, extremely powerful supervillainess had a daughter who inherited her powers.  She genuinely loves her, and unlike the Pride with the Runaways, she doesn’t keep what she does secret from her.  I’m imagining it would be different depending on whether or not  the mother has any civilian identity, but either way it would probably make for an interesting story.  Any thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thefirstone
  • Thefirstone's Avatar Topic Author
More
25 Aug 2021 16:10 #72167 by Swe
Replied by Swe on topic Title uncertain
Go for it!
I think this have potential for a series.
It can be intresting to explore the relation between villian and beeing bad/good. Is a villain a villain if they are not a hero? The moral lessons between mother and daughter can be gold in this setting.

More
25 Aug 2021 18:40 #72170 by YAGS
Replied by YAGS on topic Title uncertain
I haven't seen it, but this sounds similar to the premise of Disney's The Descendants. Basically, it's a high school in a fantasy world, where all the teen students are the kids of famous Disney fairy tale characters. I think in the first movie, they decided to let the children of the villains attend the school for the first time. The daughter of Sleeping Beauty's villainess, Maleficent, is the main character of the series.

More
25 Aug 2021 19:15 #72172 by Thefirstone
Replied by Thefirstone on topic Title uncertain
Now that I think about it, I’m imagining the mother “discussing” the situation with the parents of a bullying classmate of her daughters’.

• Thefirstone
More
31 Aug 2021 21:54 #72202 by kam
Replied by kam on topic Title uncertain
It could be a good idea with the right conflict I'd imagine. Would the daughter try out to become a superhero but because she has supervillain in her genes does she utterly fail or become an anti-hero or does she actually succeed?

Or maybe she wants to be an even better supervillain than her mom? Or team up? There's a lot you can do here. Heck, be next door to the city's superhero and the daughters are best friends but don't know each other's true identities.

More
01 Sep 2021 03:13 #72204 by jumperprime
Replied by jumperprime on topic Title uncertain
Maybe they keep their civilian and hero/villain lives separate? Inside the house and in their civvies, they're a loving mother and daughter, the mother even giving the daughter what she believes is good advice on stuff, including heroing(she has a unique perspective on how villains think and only a fool would ignore such a freely available resource) but outside the house, with costumes on, they're merciless to each other, no quarter asked or given. Then back at the house, whoever came out better hands the other an icepack and they honestly critique each others' actions in the fight. "Seriously dear, when I fired that blast at that nitwit who was more interested in Youtube hits than his own life, I knew you'd intercept, I was counting on it. A blast of that intensity would have been gross overkill for a mortal, but it sure took a bit of wind out of your sails when it slammed you right in your superboobs. Next time you should try to move the alleged target out of the path of the blast instead of tanking it in their stead. Or just let then get fried, but I know you'd never take that option."

More
01 Sep 2021 04:09 #72205 by Thefirstone
Replied by Thefirstone on topic Title uncertain
And now that I think about it, where’s her father in all this?

• Thefirstone
More
02 Sep 2021 10:08 #72212 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Title uncertain

He's a blue collar worker that is apparently unaware of all these shennanigans and just want to be there and help "his girls".

More
02 Sep 2021 13:05 #72215 by kam
Replied by kam on topic Title uncertain

He's a blue collar worker that is apparently unaware of all these shennanigans and just want to be there and help "his girls".

Or maybe their biggest cheerleader? 
I submit to you, this evidence - miss-melee.com/comic/10-18/ 

The following user(s) said Thank You: Woodclaw, guimachajo1

More
02 Sep 2021 17:42 #72216 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Title uncertain

Or maybe their biggest cheerleader?

I submit to you, this evidence - miss-melee.com/comic/10-18/ 

That was actually my reference.

More
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds