Amount

Lottery?

09 Nov 2021 02:44 #72598 by Thefirstone
Lottery? was created by Thefirstone
Basic story idea: A race of superwomen (either extraterrestrial or from an alternate Earth) conquer the world we know.  Humans that don’t start anything are mostly left as they were so long as they do whatever one of the goddesses demands of them (there’s a subculture among the invaders who have sex with humans, up to and including massive orgies where one of them overpowers dozens or hundreds of people at once, as a hobby) except that once a year(?) they give one human woman or a very small group a chance to become one of them, chosen either by lottery and/or by the candidate proving herself exceptional in some capacity (not really sure which).  I’m thinking that the story would center around a man whose wife is chosen.  I’m not really sure how the transformation works or if he’s even present for it, but the story would basically about the new power dynamic in their relationship.  So, any thoughts?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, Rjjt456

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thefirstone
  • Thefirstone's Avatar Topic Author
More
09 Nov 2021 07:01 #72599 by Rjjt456
Replied by Rjjt456 on topic Lottery?
My first thought would be to include elements like the lottery being rigged in some way: Any woman can enter the lottery, but only women that the Superwomen wants to win actually does. You could then include a plot point that a woman that was semi-against the regime won the lottery by mistake, being turned into a superwoman.

You could definitely still have the same/similar plot to the story, but now you can add a twist to it: Will the wife resist the regime or will she give into it, leaving her husband in the process (potentially?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, AUphoric

More
09 Nov 2021 08:04 - 09 Nov 2021 09:33 #72600 by Monty
Replied by Monty on topic Lottery?
There is a good story, (I think it's called The Chosen One by MarkNew?)
There is a global lottery arranged by extraterrestial beings to expose one lucky recipient to a Super ray beam which will grant the receiver super powers, and then act as a global protector. The numbers are whittled down to five and they gather for one to receive the ultimate prize. One guy is pronounced the winner, but unfortunately for him the aliens have got their numbers wrong and miscalculated. The lucky super recipient is a girl standing nearby as the ray beam keeps dodging around the guy to find her as the reciever. A good story!
Last edit: 09 Nov 2021 09:33 by Monty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan

More
09 Nov 2021 09:52 #72601 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Lottery?
You could borrow a page from Larry Niven's Ringworld. In those books Earth is overpopulated so only one couple per year is authorised to procreate and the lucky parents are selected via a lottery. Since, in that universe, luck is a quasi-genetic trait, this resulted in the fact that each new generation produced luckier and luckier individuals, to the point that one of the protagonists of the first novel is "the luckiest woman in the universe", so blessed with good fortune that she has come to hate it. Simply put, she's so lucky that she simply can't master any skill because her extreme luck cause her to obtain perfect scores at random.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rjjt456

More
09 Nov 2021 10:13 #72602 by Rjjt456
Replied by Rjjt456 on topic Lottery?

You could borrow a page from Larry Niven's Ringworld. In those books Earth is overpopulated so only one couple per year is authorised to procreate and the lucky parents are selected via a lottery. Since, in that universe, luck is a quasi-genetic trait, this resulted in the fact that each new generation produced luckier and luckier individuals, to the point that one of the protagonists of the first novel is "the luckiest woman in the universe", so blessed with good fortune that she has come to hate it. Simply put, she's so lucky that she simply can't master any skill because her extreme luck cause her to obtain perfect scores at random.

I might save that idea for another day… 

More
09 Nov 2021 13:39 #72603 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Lottery?

There is a global lottery arranged by extraterrestial beings to expose one lucky recipient to a Super ray beam which will grant the receiver super powers, and then act as a global protector. The numbers are whittled down to five and they gather for one to receive the ultimate prize. One guy is pronounced the winner, but unfortunately for him the aliens have got their numbers wrong and miscalculated. The lucky super recipient is a girl standing nearby as the ray beam keeps dodging around the guy to find her as the reciever. A good story!

Respectfully disagree....it's a GREAT story! One of the best ones written in the genre IMO.  Marknew is a master of his craft, and I hope that we get more from him one day in the future.

ElF

The following user(s) said Thank You: Raa, compy, Monty

More
09 Nov 2021 14:35 #72606 by Monty
Replied by Monty on topic Lottery?

Respectfully disagree....it's a GREAT story! One of the best ones written in the genre IMO.  Marknew is a master of his craft, and I hope that we get more from him one day in the future.

ElF

Agreed! It is a great story! Very original, we always remember the best plotted storylines if they stand out!

​​​
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan

More
10 Nov 2021 06:49 #72611 by Thefirstone
Replied by Thefirstone on topic Lottery?
And in the scenario I already mentioned, what if the candidate is relatively shy?  And  if she’s allowed to stay with her husband and both of them need to cope with her effectively becoming a goddess?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rjjt456

• Thefirstone
  • Thefirstone's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 Nov 2021 18:38 #72616 by penpen27
Replied by penpen27 on topic Lottery?

ElF

Agreed! It is a great story! Very original, we always remember the best plotted storylines if they stand out!

​​​Yes! I enjoyed Marknew’s stories something so appealing about accidentally giving the wrong girl powers.

More
10 Nov 2021 20:21 - 10 Nov 2021 20:21 #72618 by luchodemeyer
Replied by luchodemeyer on topic Lottery?
Sorry for the self promotion but your proposition of plot reminds me a story I wrote about a shy girl gaining superpowers to join a group of 87 supergirls reining over the earth :

www.deviantart.com/luchodemeyer/art/Corruption-Part-1-720746463

(The other parts were written by Hikerangel : www.deviantart.com/hikerangel/art/Corruption-Part-2-820056277)

Anyway, I would love to see another story about such a situation. If you do so, do not underestimate how frustrating this situation could be for people around this lucky girl. I think especially of girls.. (sister, best friend, colleague..).
Last edit: 10 Nov 2021 20:21 by luchodemeyer.

More
11 Nov 2021 22:36 #72639 by murdough
Replied by murdough on topic Lottery?

The Super One, yeah. It's a classic www.thevalkyrie.com/stories/marknew/superone.txt
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monty

More
21 May 2022 21:28 #74315 by AUphoric
Replied by AUphoric on topic Lottery?
Parts of this are already in the Aurora Universe before I came along.
Ordinary people can't help that they feel enormous sexual lust and desire towards superwomen.
Superwomen can't help it that they're really horny.
A gold chain disrupts the pituitary hormones controlling orgone, the pseudo-science explanation for superpowers in the AU. This drops the superwoman's strength to enough that they can have sex with a "frail" without injury to the normal person.
In Zukenov, the heroine has some gold chain wearing sex without consent of the ordinary human she chooses to dominate (she really doesnt' like an empire invading where she's protecting). In future installments she also has sex with some willing ordinary humans, who had every right to say no if they wanted to.
The AU also has the enhancement retrovirus. Created only by a woman feeling deeply loved and safe, it is only generated deep within her as she has sex and is only transferred to the ordinary person who has oral sex with her while she is not wearing gold. This obviously means it is not going to get released by accident. It rewrites the recipient's DNA to give them some superpowers.
I add to some of the comic book fake-SF pseudo-science of all this in my later writing.

The power-up lottery idea is a brand new one from you, as far as I know!
I love Rjjt456's twist that it's rigged, and an opponent of the scheme winds up winning.

More
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds