Amount

Super society

18 Nov 2021 00:52 #72689 by Thefirstone
Super society was created by Thefirstone
Put simply, what kind of society/culture would a race of superhumans have?  I already posted a question about technology, but what cultural differences from humanity would exist?  If it’s only women that are super, do men have any rights at all?  I could see them being mostly locked up for their own safety and the good of the species, if only because self-defense against a woman wouldn’t be an option.  

On another note, criminals in a society of superbeings would probably be either rehabilitated or executed depending on the circumstances and the culture, if only because there would realistically be no way to imprison them short of the honor system.  And how would things like marriage, pregnancy and childcare be handled?  Obviously the parents, or at least mothers, would be stronger than their children, but by how much?  Would humans be considered worthy of moral consideration at all?  What kind of sexual taboos, fetishes, etc, would exist for a species where a (lesbian) couple going at it hard enough could destroy a city?  And so on and so forth.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thefirstone
  • Thefirstone's Avatar Topic Author
More
18 Nov 2021 04:34 #72690 by anonxyzus
Replied by anonxyzus on topic Super society
circes_cup has explored some if these issues and considerations in LaPorte Caves.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monty

More
22 Nov 2021 01:33 #72717 by willow
Replied by willow on topic Super society
The Vitrumites from the Invincible comic series are probably the best example you are looking for.

More
21 May 2022 21:20 #74314 by AUphoric
Replied by AUphoric on topic Super society
One of the things I like about the Aurora Universe is that long before I came along, it had answers to all these questions and many more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395

More
Time to create page: 0.042 seconds