Amount

Greater Destines brainstorm thread

21 May 2006 18:00 #5557 by Ordo Cabaal Templarus
Greater Destines brainstorm thread was created by Ordo Cabaal Templarus
For the longest time, the only story that I've ever really put my heart into was 'The Brotherhood' in High School. The only one that really ever saw it however, was my uncle and a few people I sent an e-mail to. It was about a teenage mercanary high schooler and his band in a world of nano-technology, magic, adventure, genetically engineered dragons, racism and panthos, evil annoying cloned super-knights, and high school arenas.

I've kinda recycled the story, updated it a bit with all the other stuff I've managed to come up with so far. Now I've got something of a backdrop that is a cross between D.C. Comics, a bit of Marvel, a smattering of the AU, Shadowrun, Warhammer 40k, and maybe even the game that inspired 'The Brotherhood', Deus Ex: The Conspiracy.

All and all, I still need to develop my characters. I've got plans for lots of senseless violence, frat/sort parties, daemon smiting, Aelorian (combine the Velorians and Arions, like DKC's 'Kryptonian Hunter', loved the backdrop there) Republic's intrigues, Majestic 12's latest incarnation, exiled New Kryptonian Princesses (wink, wink VE...)... and a long Buffy the Vampire Slayer etcetera.

*whew*, 'cuse me, need to write soon. If anyone got a good suggestion or advice, feel free. ^_^

-OCT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ordo Cabaal Templarus
  • Ordo Cabaal Templarus's Avatar Topic Author
More
21 May 2006 18:25 #5558 by happiest_in_shadows
Replied by happiest_in_shadows on topic Re: Greater Destines brainstorm thread
I don’t mean to put anyone else’s ideas down but to me it seems like too much of mish mash of other storylines that don’t really go together for me to really give any decent logical suggestions.

I suppose the only thing that I can really say is if you are going to mix in something from Buffy then you might as well include Angel. My suggestions as far as that goes is in Angel the female character Illeria was basically an unstoppable super fem. She could distort time, was nearly invulnerable, could easily tear open dimensional portals and had super strength.

Well later on she has some of her power siphoned out of her since the human body she is in can’t handle it. This leaves her with a good deal of endurance, speed and super strength. Though the strength and speed are less then what she had previously. I don’t suggest bringing her over exactly.

What I would like to point out is all that energy that was syphoned out of her wasn’t destroyed and it had to go somewhere. It could have always found its way into the body of some woman and who knows maybe it wouldn’t destroy her? After all Illeria still has a good deal of the power.

Oh and actually here is an idea for Buffy. The source of the Slayer’s power is the heart of a demon. Now since they are a vast number of demons. Who is to say that the demon that had its heart torn out didn’t have a bigger sister or a mother figure? Sort Beowulf’s problem after he beat Grendel and learned that Grendel had a mother and she was even meaner.

• happiest_in_shadows
More
21 May 2006 18:37 #5559 by Ordo Cabaal Templarus
Replied by Ordo Cabaal Templarus on topic Re: Greater Destines brainstorm thread
Happiest in Shadows, I appreciate the criticism, but I think I should have been more.... percise.

Yes, it is a hash as many things as I can get my greasy hands on, but it is supposed to have the attitude of 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer'; college folks living in a world full of daemons, villians, mutants, and a long etc, but it is ultimately a bunch of young adults (or the equivilant therof in some of the races I came up with...) trying to survive and get on with their lives in the face of college, monsters, and monsters in college. It will gradually expand to face other things that I have mentioned. It is ultimately a insolent young adult to adult down to earth satire. Like Buffy the show.

Need I clarify anything else?

• Ordo Cabaal Templarus
More
21 May 2006 19:03 #5560 by happiest_in_shadows
Okay that makes it more clear and easier to work with.

As for a character suggestion. I am going to have to dip into my religious beliefs a bit to justify this character but I believe that I can get it to work. Generally speaking demons are shown as purely destructive and only out to ruin lives. Of course that is generally speaking the low level demons.

Perhaps one of the characters could be in something of an alliance with a demon. I suggest a fairly high level demon in this case such as a demon of treachery. Which as far as I am concerned is far worse then a demon of murder or theft.

The young woman would benefit from the alliance is the form of increased strength, health, speed and probably a few abilities. Now the demon is of course evil but it doesn’t poetry itself in such a manner. It is after all meant to corrupt. The demon actually helps the woman to protect those around her the whole time though it is sneaking its claws in deeper.

Start along the lines of. “You just saved that man’s life. You should be proud of yourself.” What the demon doesn’t tell the girl is that the preacher she just saved is effectively a false profit. Of course the preacher is happy to encourage the girl in doing her good deeds.

The thoughts slip along the lines of. “Well that wasn’t nice she could have at least said thanks for that.” To further on down the line. “You saved their lives and this is how you treat you? Maybe you should use a little force.”

Slowly the demon is working the girl down the path that she should be rewarded for the things she has done and should expect a reward. If she doesn’t get rewarded, it is okay for her to take it by force. Then she is more interested in the reward then anything else.

Corrupting a very pure person in such a manner would provide a tremendous boost in power to the demon. As what is more nourishing? An apple that has fallen from the tree and is rotted or one that is freshly plucked?

You could say the girl’s soul is the apple. At the start she is attached to the tree full of health and goodness. The demon comes along and begins to work on the fruit. Slowly corrupting her until she grows so full of death that she falls from the tree. Fresh and ripe and ready for the demon.

• happiest_in_shadows
More
21 May 2006 20:49 #5561 by Ordo Cabaal Templarus
Replied by Ordo Cabaal Templarus on topic Re: Greater Destines brainstorm thread
Nic-c-ce...

Will make a good 'False Saint'. Thanks.

Course, what would be more scary is that there is a evil ubergirl who sent the daemon to corrupt the heroine because there was a chance of the heroine stopping her plans. Or if the Daemon of Treachery were to attempt to corrupt a girl who already has powers, her fall will be all the more calamatious. The 'master' could have been played herself...

Of course, such things will not go unnoticed by Unit Ghostblade or it's members...

Good villian

Thanks.

• Ordo Cabaal Templarus
More
28 May 2006 19:25 #5603 by Ordo Cabaal Templarus
What I like about Warhammer 40k is that part of the dark, gritty realism of the galaxy is that every race out there is evil to some extent, but some are less evil than others. Over time, I hope to make the same point with my story. Here's the list of what I now have in terms of good and evil for the various factions and races I've got.

Terran Union: Good; world government, a common goal, high technology (comparatively to today...), good education. Evil; corrupt to the core, powerless against metahumans and many alien races, and seeking ways to kill them painfully though secret societys such as Earth First and numerous other societies. Ruthless supression of those that oppose it poltically, dogmatically, ideologically, and completely totalatarian that it would make Stalin giddy in his grave. The last part is undergoing examination...

Aelorians: Good; combines the ideas of Arions and Velorians. Owns a significant half of the galaxy, spreading peace with it's Peacekeepers and Planetary Protectors. Very high Technology, extremely good education and learnedness, the new standard against which superhumans are judged. Very sensual. Evil; murdered the Kryptonian race, twice and banished it's survivors (in my canon). Beuracratic, petty, condescending, conceited, and virtually every flaw in the human race's psychological profile all but uninhibited by the idea of a higher power, wither ideological/theological or physical.

Cosmos Eldar/Goddess Elves: Good; ageless, wise beyond imagining, hauntingly beautiful and godlike in power. Has to power to bring life to entire worlds and protect the sentient races from harm. Generally fairly pleasant in manner, nd willing to teach the young races on a personal scale. Oh, and all female. Evil; utterly arrogant, ultimately selfish and self-serving. They are completely alien from humans, and so utterly complex that a human equivlant would be a futile and moot point.

Oyuajitta/Daikaiju/Beasts: Good; the females make interesting company, trustworthy allies, can be very gentle giantesses. Evil; take the stereotyped male, and magnify it by eleven in terms of phallic aggression, size, and destructive impulse. Universally speaking, they are all predators as long as thier racial memory goes. They despoil worlds, rape entire populations, and consume and destory everything in thier path.

The Deus Templar: Good; the revitalized U.S.A. The idea of human integrity, achievement, good truimphing over evil, and psychic warrior-poets/scholar/mystics without peer. Evil; aloof, dangerous, ruthless to enemies, so far sighted that they don't really live in the present, and thier brutality in battle makes the Beasts cringe in terror.

• Ordo Cabaal Templarus
More
28 May 2006 20:13 #5604 by happiest_in_shadows
I specialize more in coming up with individual characters so I’ll stick with making suggestion on them. Plus I tend to like to see the good in things but accept there is evil in every organization of know of um except for in God’s case but that is due to my Christian beliefs.

I made a suggestion for a demonic character so I’ll suggest a good one now.

Demons aren’t the only beings that try to pull us in a certain direction. Most tend to think Angels only protect but they are far more active then that and not all of them make their presence known in the form of a physical body.

One of the young ladies could find herself forming an alliance with an Angelic life form that combines its power with her own spiritual ability. Unlike the demon that seeks to consume though the Angel has planted a seed in her. This of course comes at a price. As for the seed the angel plants to grow the soil or the young lady must be broken to a limited extent.

Generally speaking the union would be far more painful for the young lady then the union with a demon. As whenever she channeled the Angelic power through herself it wouldn’t just flow rather it would try to correct her mistakes. Now given that humans and the soul tend to resist correction this would be painful for her.

Outwardly she would seem exceptionally powerful however she would only have a limited amount of time she could channel the energy or it would tear her body apart. The time she could continue doing this would increase the more she brought her soul in agreement with the Angel’s view points. You can think of their disagreements as rocks in a river that hinder its flow. The fewer the rocks the easier the flow the greater the rocks the slower the flow and the more violent and thus destructive for her it becomes.

Of course in order to handle such powers pumping through her body, it may very well be heavily altered. She may look quite monstrous on the surface which could lead to many people attacking her not realizing what she actually is.

Not to mention while demons are evil and angels are good it doesn’t mean angels are nice. Indeed a demon may be far quicker to use honeyed words then an angel who will most likely give you the blunt truth.

The tendencies for people too only see what is on the surface could lead many to believe that she is the evil one.

• happiest_in_shadows
More
29 May 2006 23:51 #5620 by Ordo Cabaal Templarus
Alright, first part is done. Tell me what you guys and gals think of this for first impressions.

Greater Destinies

I

“Hey, Olsen!” Jerry shouted over his head. “Wake up!” The young man shot up upright, fumbling about the desk and scattering chocolate candies all over the place.

“Sorry, Mr. Perry. Had a rough night.” He smoothed his dark brown shirt, ruffled up his spiky brown hair. His lips had a thinly healed abrasion, and he put dark glasses over a recently healed shiner on his right eye.

Perry narrowed his eyes, in concern and stern anger.

“Have you been going to that fight club again? I swear, Olsen, those types that go there aren’t like us ordinary humans, not anymore with those powerhouses waltzing into anything that looks like a ring.”

“Don’t worry Mister White, wasn’t the club. Ran into one of the streets on the way. Idiot wanted to show off. That’s all.” He said, offering the middle-aged man a small grin.

“Well, hope you’ll feeling a bit better, because my boss says that I have to send someone to interview Superwoman.” Everyone in the room stopped what they were doing. All Olsen could do was stare blankly for the long, long silence that followed.

“S-superwoman? Herself? Not one of those T.V. Ads folks?” Olsen inwardly let his mind wander about the faces of the many men who were ‘saved’ by the blond haired superheroine that was supposedly the last daughter of Krypton after it exploded in their faces. Everyone he met said they knew that she was a hot babe, a foxy chick, and so Grade A Prime Choice meat, so innocent and nubile…

Just about everyone, Neil smirked inwardly. Vanity, Olsen’s only true girlfriend, said she was a poor role model for women and just plain ignorant. Jerry seemed to take an interest in her professionally, and he was the only editor that seemed to report her many rescues, instead of giving personal accounts taken from others. He agreed to them both.

“You mean I get to interview Superwoman herself? Cool! We can finally get a few points across. No more requests for measurements.”

“She requested no physical contact, no staring at her…assets.” Jerry gave the young man a sardonic smile that was shared by the young man.

“That should not be easy, but it won’t be too hard, either.”

“You’re interviewing her live.”

“Live. No frag-ups. Got it.”

“With George Leno.” Neil’s shout as he fell back into and off his chair echoed a few times loudly throughout half the building. Perry shook his head.

“Sorry, thought you’d take it better.”

George ‘Leno’ Baldwin waited for Neil in his newest tuxedo in his smart white suit, greeting the ruffian would be reporter with a cheese smile. Leno wasn’t really impressed by the lanky young man. Spiky dark brown hair in a ponytail that reached his shoulders, a long handsome face, and sharp pale blue eyes, the man looked ridiculous in a tuxedo, he would look better in rags than anything formal class. He matched Leno’s opinion of the Oldies, exactly.

The older reporter was the pupil of the Chief Editor of the entire network himself, not like a straight-laced bootlick Editor of a small newspaper section like Jerry. That, and he was one of those old Americans. Those that had survived from the old era and spread their outdated idealism throughout the lower classes and gave people ideas and hopes that greatly reduced any chance of ratings or profit. This was the age of the corporation, not the idea!

“’Mister’ Leno, you are just going to be standing around smiling sour cheese or are you going to work?” The young man’s lips drew down in a sardonic sneer.

“Oh, hello, Olson-“

“Olsen. Neil Olsen. Call me Neil.”

“Mr. Neil, I’m George Baldwin, you may refer to me as ‘Mr. Baldwin’. I hope we work well together.” He outstretched his hand. Neil looked down at the proffered hand, and put his behind his straight back. His ghostlike blue eyes fixed on the actor turned reporter turned celebrity.

“Alright, George. Just follow the rules, or she cancels the interview.”

”You mean you aren’t going to touch her breasts when you ask how firm her…”

“No.”

“Then you are going…”

“No.”

“How about asking her…”

“The interview starts in ten minutes sharp…” Neil said suddenly, glancing at his watch. “Be there.” He walked briskly to the elevator. George followed close behind, and kicked at Neil’s the back of Neil’s legs. The young man didn’t fall, but stepped on George’s toes, hard. George tumbled, and Neil darted out of his grasp, and made that last mighty leap to the…

BA-WHAM!

“…Ouch.”

“Neil, you shouldn’t be so much in a hurry when you’re taking the elevators.” Vanity grinned down at Neil’s dazed face, adjusting her purse on the small, butress-like shoulder that Neil had impacted. She stepped into it smoothly.

“Seeya later, boys.” The door closed.

• Ordo Cabaal Templarus
More
30 May 2006 00:26 #5622 by Ordo Cabaal Templarus
Oh, and I forgot to mention. I'm basing the current story arc off the... um... backdrop... of CF's story, Clara's Destiny. Your girl was too much not to included in comedy. Sorry ^_^

-OCT

• Ordo Cabaal Templarus
More
30 May 2006 17:53 #5628 by conceptfan
Replied by conceptfan on topic Re: Greater Destines brainstorm thread

Oh, and I forgot to mention. I'm basing the current story arc off the... um... backdrop... of CF's story, Clara's Destiny.

Oh? Thanks for letting me know!

More
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds