Amount
× Reminder: this is not a miscellaneous discussion forum. If your thread is not about the forum itself, its software, or its mods, please look for a more appropriate home -- thanks.

So what do you think?

04 Mar 2011 09:25 #21877 by jnw550
Replied by jnw550 on topic Re: So what do you think?
I love it. The biggest thing is that I can have all the recent posts populated together instead having to go into each thread.

Thanks, guys!
The following user(s) said Thank You: fats

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Mar 2011 00:06 #21899 by JKIJ
Replied by JKIJ on topic Re: So what do you think?
It'll take me a while to get completely used to it, but I think the site looks good. Thanks for the work.

More
05 Mar 2011 01:37 #21902 by Newshound
Replied by Newshound on topic Re: So what do you think?
Looks great :)

Thanks for putting in all the effort!

More
10 Mar 2011 16:05 #22022 by oldHarmonyMotion
Replied by oldHarmonyMotion on topic Re: So what do you think?
Really love that you can favorite, rate, and comment on stories.

Could we get an edit feature for authors to make minor edits to their own stories? If we're worried about people completely changing things, maybe some sort of version log to go with it, so you can view previous revisions?

• oldHarmonyMotion
More
10 Mar 2011 23:58 #22030 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Re: So what do you think?
Cool - the post count came over - I didn't notice that changed until now.

I would think we could come up with some "level" specific names.

"Sidekick" - "Hero Supporter" - "Heroine" - "Super Heroine" etc etc...

More
11 Mar 2011 17:13 #22036 by CaptainIrishman
Replied by CaptainIrishman on topic Re: So what do you think?
The "Remember me" button no longer remembers me.
Or sends me flowers.
Or Chocolates.
(Was it something I said? :( )

It was working a few days ago...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, fats

More
11 Mar 2011 22:41 #22038 by jnw550
Replied by jnw550 on topic Re: So what do you think?
Actually, it hasn't worked at all for me. Albiet a minor one, it's a bit of a pain.

More
11 Mar 2011 23:06 #22039 by fats
Replied by fats on topic Re: So what do you think?
hi,

it's a known problem, i'm waiting for a patch to fix it.

Fats

• fats
  • fats's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
12 Mar 2011 08:21 #22044 by Grayface
Replied by Grayface on topic Re: So what do you think?

fats wrote:

Revan wrote: Love the new design, very well made ;)

One minor thing I'm less thrilled about is the interface size on the forum.
Too much scrolling action required now compared to before. I'm not sure if this is intentional to fit the new icons, but I personally prefer forums where I can see as much of the content as possible in 1 glance.
But again, it is only a small issue for me personally, overall it's a huge leap forward so great job!

Hi Revan, i'm currently looking at different forum skins to see if there is one out there that has a smaller interface or a interface that will close elements to enhance the ability to view the forum.

Fats

Well this was gonna be my main complaint with the new site too, so I'm glad to see it's being looked in to.

all so the sorting of story's seems a bit wonky to me, when I click "by Author" most of the time it still sorts story's by title.

More
12 Mar 2011 17:07 #22050 by fats

Grayface wrote: Well this was gonna be my main complaint with the new site too, so I'm glad to see it's being looked in to.

all so the sorting of story's seems a bit wonky to me, when I click "by Author" most of the time it still sorts story's by title.

The sorting by author is still baffling me, in the back-end it has all the settings set to sort by author but in the front end it sorting by title, it was the big thing that I want to sort this weekend but I'm on stand by so I can't do much to the site, it's going to have to wait until next weekend.

Fats
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grayface

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 Mar 2011 05:33 #22054 by Grayface
Replied by Grayface on topic Re: So what do you think?
It's all good. I'm sure you'll get it all sorted out sooner or later and thanks for the work on the new site.

More
18 Mar 2011 03:21 #22169 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Re: So what do you think?
So on the "member level" - I see "Fresh Boarder" "Admin" "Senior Boarder" etc etc...

How many levels are there? [Thinking about making up some replacement options]

More
18 Mar 2011 03:26 #22170 by fats

Random321 wrote: So on the "member level" - I see "Fresh Boarder" "Admin" "Senior Boarder" etc etc...

How many levels are there? [Thinking about making up some replacement options]

there is 6 posting ranks, 1 moderator rank, 1 admin rank and 1 spammer rank.

i'[m thinking of changing the names of the ranks to fit in with the nature of the site.

Fats

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
03 Apr 2011 22:24 #22469 by yohashuan
Replied by yohashuan on topic Re: So what do you think?
Minor suggestion: have links from the 'friends of SWM' section open in new tabs.

Great site revamp. Thanks for all the hard work!
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, fats

More
03 Apr 2011 22:50 #22473 by fats

yohashuan wrote: Minor suggestion: have links from the 'friends of SWM' section open in new tabs.

Great site revamp. Thanks for all the hard work!

i might have a surprise there when the site has it's reboot.

Fats
The following user(s) said Thank You: kobarsos

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
03 Apr 2011 23:53 #22476 by ace191
Replied by ace191 on topic Re: So what do you think?
Well, it would be nice if the SWM Gallery tab did not bounce up and down. I am sure it will get fixed at some point.

I am glad I am not the one who will have to reload the story bank. It will be nice when that is fixed, but I am not going to hold my breath on that one.

I think what bugs me the most is that any time I make a post, it starts blasting my E-mail inbox. I would like to have it not do that unless I want it too. I have figured out how to unsubscribe, but I hate having to do that after every post.

The login is no big thing. It knows my name and password, I just have to click Login, and I am not that lazy that I mind doing it and I am sure that will get fixed soon.

On the plus side, This site handles picture so much better, and let's face it, we are very much about visual images. I also like the latest topics. The way it worked before, if you signed in you could see all the latest posts, but if you left, they disappeared and you had to search manually by date which was a pain. I don't do a lot of PM's, but this is much better as well.

And I think most people like having Avatars. It gives you a chance to make a personal statement, but at times, some can be difficult to decipher.

Once debugged and we all get familiar with it, I think that it is a definite improvement over the old very good but somewhat limited site, and I think the Admins deserve a big hand for what must have been (and still is) a huge effort on their parts to get this site up.

Hey, I just noticed the little check this box to be notified of replies right below me. It was checked, but It wasn't too hard to uncheck. My preference would still be to have the default as not checked.

ACE

More
04 Apr 2011 00:07 #22477 by fats

ace191 wrote: I think what bugs me the most is that any time I make a post, it starts blasting my E-mail inbox. I would like to have it not do that unless I want it too. I have figured out how to unsubscribe, but I hate having to do that after every post.

Hey, I just noticed the little check this box to be notified of replies right below me. It was checked, but It wasn't too hard to uncheck. My preference would still be to have the default as not checked.

ACE

I've now fixed that, it will now default to not subscribing you to the post, you will now need to check the little box to be subscribed.

Fats

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
04 Apr 2011 01:56 #22480 by YAGS
Replied by YAGS on topic Re: So what do you think?
My biggest complaint is that I can't save pictures from threads any more. I can't right click and "save image" like on just about every other web site in the world, including this one before the changes. Using Mozilla on Win XP.

Also, when looking at the forums, we're now seeing thumbnails of images in with the thread titles, and it makes things really messy, as well as being slow to load.

More
04 Apr 2011 02:29 - 04 Apr 2011 03:43 #22483 by fats

YAGS wrote: My biggest complaint is that I can't save pictures from threads any more. I can't right click and "save image" like on just about every other web site in the world, including this one before the changes. Using Mozilla on Win XP.

fixed

Fats
Last edit: 04 Apr 2011 03:43 by fats.

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
04 Apr 2011 05:21 #22485 by ace191
Replied by ace191 on topic Re: So what do you think?
Ok, I noticed that my posting rank has changed to "Wonder Woman". How many more to I need to make it to
"Supergirl", or is that info Classified?

More
04 Apr 2011 08:53 #22487 by fats

ace191 wrote: Ok, I noticed that my posting rank has changed to "Wonder Woman". How many more to I need to make it to
"Supergirl", or is that info Classified?

That info is highly classified but because it's you I'll tell you.

Supergirl rank is the currently the top rank and it will take 600 posts to get there, however that might change over time to a higher number or a new higher post count based rank might appear.

Watch this space.

Fats

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
04 Apr 2011 18:52 #22490 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic Re: So what do you think?
I think I might be in the minority but I'm not sure that I like the new titles.

I mean, just because I'm a fan of Wonder Woman or Supergirl does not mean that I want to be Wonder Woman or Supergirl. I keep thinking of that creepy guy on youtube who makes videos of himself dressed up as Wonder Woman.

I would prefer more generic titles like "Sidekick", "Trainee", "Hero", "Iconic Hero", and "Legendary Hero" or something similar.

Just my two cents worth...

More
04 Apr 2011 19:25 #22491 by fats

jdrock24 wrote: I think I might be in the minority but I'm not sure that I like the new titles.

I mean, just because I'm a fan of Wonder Woman or Supergirl does not mean that I want to be Wonder Woman or Supergirl. I keep thinking of that creepy guy on youtube who makes videos of himself dressed up as Wonder Woman.

I would prefer more generic titles like "Sidekick", "Trainee", "Hero", "Iconic Hero", and "Legendary Hero" or something similar.

JD if you can think of 6 titles of that nature for the various rank then i'm happy to change them to that, i've had a complete writers block on what titles i would use, what you are proposing would be cool.

Fats

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
04 Apr 2011 20:30 #22493 by Berkhart
Replied by Berkhart on topic Re: So what do you think?
Personally, I'd prefer the ranks to be labeled something like: Titania or Dark Supergirl. Or maybe something generic: "Chinese Supervillainess" and "Japanese Supervillainess"

:)

Just kidding, the ranks are cool as they are.

More
04 Apr 2011 20:32 #22494 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic Re: So what do you think?

fats wrote:

jdrock24 wrote: I think I might be in the minority but I'm not sure that I like the new titles.

JD if you can think of 6 titles of that nature for the various rank then i'm happy to change them to that, i've had a complete writers block on what titles i would use, what you are proposing would be cool.

Fats

So you need one more to the five I listed? How about "Ordinary Citizen" to start out? Here is the list:

-Ordinary Citizen
-Sidekick
-Vigilante
-Super Hero
-Iconic Hero
-Legendary Hero

Yes, I changed a couple...

More
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds