Amount
× Reminder: this is not a miscellaneous discussion forum. If your thread is not about the forum itself, its software, or its mods, please look for a more appropriate home -- thanks.

Upcoming Site Updates and Features

06 Jul 2011 06:07 - 06 Jul 2011 06:10 #23863 by fats
hi all,

Just a note to let you know what I have up my sleeve for the site.

Bug Fixes

Over the last few weeks I’ve been working on sorting out the bugs I think I’ve got all of them but I expect a few new ones or some old ones appearing. The bug fix update will be uploaded around the 15th of the month, site will NOT need to go offline for the update.

Restore feature - Sort By Author

I'm now happy that I have a fully working system to display the story-bank sorted by author, this has been a little thing that I’ve been working on to get right and it's taken me sometime to get it right. The update will happen on the 15th of the month

New features - Points system

I previously implemented a system where you gain points for logging in posting stuff and it didn’t work, I now have something that does work and I’ll be implementing it. What does it mean? What it means is you now get points for certain site activity this will enable you to access some features that will be coming on stream in future, think of it as a way to do more to get more out of the site. This feature will be in place at the end of the month, more info will be available later on.

New features - audio-books

I'm working on the idea of having some or may be all of the stories converted in to audio-book format, I’m in talks with a number of voice actors and actresses about doing the work, nothing is set in stone at the moment and I would like to hear from the authors of the stories if you would be happy about going down that route or not. The stories would be available in either mp3 or ogg format and would be available to download from the site. Let me know what you think of this idea.

New feature - Downloadable ebooks

Another idea that I have is to make the stories available in PDF and other popular ebook formats for download from the site, I was thinking of making the stories available for reading in the Amazon kindle format for use in the dedicated readers. Again please tell me what you think.

New feature - Member galleries

I've been working on the idea of having the ability for members to have their own ubergirl galleries, something that they can upload, manage and have control over, the system that I’m using will allow users to upload pics add tags and add a description, this will allow users to show their love for a single person or develop a gallery of girls that represent their idea of the perfect ubergirl. This feature will be online at the end of the month.

New feature - Enhanced user groups

At the moment I have no way to create groups for people to be a member of, I was thinking of creating a loose system based on the idea of clans, it's an idea that people could group together around a common theme, i.e. good ubergirls or bad ubergirls. another idea is for people to get behind one particular ubergirl, ursa or supergirl for example. Again this idea is in development and should be ready at the end of the month.

New Feature – Mobile access

This feature was in the site but I did not implement it well, I now have a handle on it better and it will be in place at the end of the month, there will be a theme for iphone/ipad, Android and windows mobile others to follow.

New feature – games

one thing that I think is missing from the site is some simple flash games so over the next month I’ll put some basic flash games on the site. I'm also in talks with a flash games developer to do a ubergirl side scrolling game, it will give the player to be either good by saving people or bad by killing them and destroying things, it's early in development and I’ve got a time-line on development for December for release, it will be a exclusive game to the site and could result in more games in the future.

Feature restore - Tracker

This has been a feature that I have been asked about more than anything else, and I have to admit that I will not be able to get it working the way that it should, so I’ve hired a PHP developer to design and develop a new tracker for the site, due to the complexity and her workload I’m not expecting a working tracker until October maybe November at the latest, I promised that it will be back and it will be.

Feature Update – one to one messenger

I've got in place a system for one on one messaging for people to have quick chats with each other, you might remember it as the little blue box at the bottom right hand side of the screen, well it have it working with other elements of the site and I’m going to upload it for the 15th so people can chat with out using the chat room or the shout-box.

Well that's all I’ve been working on, hopefully there should be something that you like there and please do comment on anything you have read, tell me if I’m going in the right direction or in the wrong direction.

Fats
Last edit: 06 Jul 2011 06:10 by fats.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yohashuan, argonaut, oldHarmonyMotion, Grayface, Woodclaw, Random321, yaracyrrah, peterso20, Supergirlfan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fats
  • fats's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
06 Jul 2011 06:59 #23864 by ace191
Replied by ace191 on topic Re: Upcoming Site Updates and Features
And you have a day job too. Geeez! Thank you so much for all of the time that you have put in!
The following user(s) said Thank You: fats

More
06 Jul 2011 07:31 #23865 by chuck
Replied by chuck on topic Re: Upcoming Site Updates and Features
Thank you Fats for all the time and effort you have put in to make this such a great site!!!

More
06 Jul 2011 07:32 #23866 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: Upcoming Site Updates and Features
I second that!

I especially like the member galleries. Hopefully that will encourage artistically talented members to showcase their work, just as the StoryBank allows our writers to showcase theirs.

More
06 Jul 2011 07:58 #23867 by Dr. Muttonchops
Replied by Dr. Muttonchops on topic Re: Upcoming Site Updates and Features
Those are great ideas, Fats! I like the idea of the audiobooks. However, I don't believe my stories are well written enough to warrant such a treatment.

• Dr. Muttonchops
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
06 Jul 2011 08:46 #23868 by bionicskillz
Replied by bionicskillz on topic Re: Upcoming Site Updates and Features
I was just thinking about having audio stories on this site yesterday. Go for it and get women with hot voices to tell them.

More
06 Jul 2011 17:13 #23870 by CaptainIrishman
Replied by CaptainIrishman on topic Re: Upcoming Site Updates and Features
I don't know what to say. This is ....massive, ambitious, it sounds like loads of work, a lot of hassle, expensive, time consuming, and utterly painless for me here on the sofa...

Thank you?

(What brought on all these ideas?)
(Members galleries: are you not worried about copyright issues...and producers feeling betrayed (&rightly so) as some careless members recklessly post the producers work on their member gallery and get kudos/karma/points for other people's work?)

More
06 Jul 2011 18:18 #23871 by fats
Replied by fats on topic Re: Upcoming Site Updates and Features

CaptainIrishman wrote: (What brought on all these ideas?)

This is part of my grand plan for this site, i want to make this the place where people go to first when they want ot get the latest and greatest from the genre.

CaptainIrishman wrote: (Members galleries: are you not worried about copyright issues...and producers feeling betrayed (&rightly so) as some careless members recklessly post the producers work on their member gallery and get kudos/karma/points for other people's work?)

Copyright is always a problem, if a a user posts a collection of pics from a site and that site wants the images removed then they will be removed, what my thinking for the member gallery is something like the "Super Asian Girl Thread" where the are pics taken from the net used to illustrate the idea of a super Asian girl, I'm sure that there are more examples of that idea that could be used and developed.

Fats

• fats
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
06 Jul 2011 20:47 #23872 by peterso20
Replied by peterso20 on topic Re: Upcoming Site Updates and Features
Stunning work fats - you're doing something wonderful here by working so hard to create such a site. I appreciate your hard word and effort immensely.

More
06 Jul 2011 22:56 #23873 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Re: Upcoming Site Updates and Features
All very cool things - I'm looking forward to contributing! :cheer:

More
06 Jul 2011 23:07 #23874 by jnw550
Replied by jnw550 on topic Re: Upcoming Site Updates and Features
I always thought audio books would be really cool. I once had an idea of a story with embedded with links that had sound effects/voices along with others that had your regular pictures. An audio book with sound effects would be amazing.

More
07 Jul 2011 02:37 #23875 by yohashuan
Replied by yohashuan on topic Re: Upcoming Site Updates and Features
Hey Fats,
I don't know if you knew, but my alter ego does music & audio for games/apps as a profession. I'd actually been kicking around the idea of finding a programmer & artist for making an ubergirl-themed sidescroller as well! Wouldn't mind being a part of your project if your dev team doesn't currently have a dedicated audio guy. (And if you do, then I'll just probably end up adding a game to the site of my own down the road). Send a PM if interested!

More
07 Jul 2011 09:42 #23879 by CDR
Replied by CDR on topic Re: Upcoming Site Updates and Features
Contact me about the game development!
I can do sprites and Im actually developing a game myself...

More
07 Jul 2011 17:30 #23881 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Re: Upcoming Site Updates and Features
Fats you're a genius, but also a bit crazy that's a lot of stuff to work on.

By the way, for the games, perhaps you can contact HyaKkiDouR4n on Deviantart , he made a pretty good superheroine shooter in flash.

More
07 Jul 2011 18:54 #23883 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic Re: Upcoming Site Updates and Features
Wow Fats! That is a lot to work on. It will be interesting and fun when it all comes together.

More
07 Jul 2011 19:18 #23885 by Risatara
Replied by Risatara on topic Re: Upcoming Site Updates and Features
Okay, the points-system sounds interesting, even if I'm not a contributor myself I think people should be rewarded for doing so.

About the audio-thing, I'm not sure from my foreign-language-speaker-view if I would use it much (if I ever got to it). On the other hand I like the idea of audiobooks. I thought about that for my own project, too.

Ebook-formats: I'm not sure, what the kindle-format looks like, but I can't read it anyway. I have a non-amazon-ebook-reader, so I'd prefer epub anyway. It seems to be really easy since it is a packed up collection of html- and xml-files.

If I may add a suggestion on the way, how about something like enabling people from other countries to submit stories in their own language or translate others who allow it?

More
09 Jul 2011 01:40 #23916 by steelknight3000
Replied by steelknight3000 on topic Re: Upcoming Site Updates and Features
Great ideas, I'm interested in seeing games on the site.

More
09 Jul 2011 05:02 #23921 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Re: Upcoming Site Updates and Features
Question: As it stands now am I only able to give someone "Kara" once? I can't seem to get Dr Lazarus's number to go up.

More
09 Jul 2011 05:05 #23922 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: Upcoming Site Updates and Features
You can give me Kara as often as you want!

More
09 Jul 2011 06:35 #23923 by fats
Replied by fats on topic Re: Upcoming Site Updates and Features

yohashuan wrote: Hey Fats,
I don't know if you knew, but my alter ego does music & audio for games/apps as a profession. I'd actually been kicking around the idea of finding a programmer & artist for making an ubergirl-themed sidescroller as well! Wouldn't mind being a part of your project if your dev team doesn't currently have a dedicated audio guy. (And if you do, then I'll just probably end up adding a game to the site of my own down the road). Send a PM if interested!

CDR wrote: Contact me about the game development!
I can do sprites and Im actually developing a game myself...

Guys thanks for the offers, on the issue of the game, the group of people that i have contracted for the job are looking to keeping all work in house, i'm looking at seeing if the ideas that i have for the same are possible if they are i would like to think about doing a community developed game maybe even a series of games, i've got a huge bank of ideas for games and i want to see what the limits of flash based game are now, when i did flash in college we where still using flash v5 and that was back in the early 2000's, so this is much about getting my level of understanding up to a stage where i can temper the ideas and work in new directions, i've even given thought to a 3d game using blender and other entry level 3d software to generate a basic design and getting the coding done outside.

Anon wrote: Fats you're a genius, but also a bit crazy that's a lot of stuff to work on.

By the way, for the games, perhaps you can contact HyaKkiDouR4n on Deviantart , he made a pretty good superheroine shooter in flash.

I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested!

Risatara wrote: Okay, the points-system sounds interesting, even if I'm not a contributor myself I think people should be rewarded for doing so.

About the audio-thing, I'm not sure from my foreign-language-speaker-view if I would use it much (if I ever got to it). On the other hand I like the idea of audiobooks. I thought about that for my own project, too.

Ebook-formats: I'm not sure, what the kindle-format looks like, but I can't read it anyway. I have a non-amazon-ebook-reader, so I'd prefer epub anyway. It seems to be really easy since it is a packed up collection of html- and xml-files.

If I may add a suggestion on the way, how about something like enabling people from other countries to submit stories in their own language or translate others who allow it?

I'm up for foreign language stories and audio books, I see no problem with that.

Fats

• fats
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
09 Jul 2011 06:54 #23925 by inactive
Replied by inactive on topic Re: Upcoming Site Updates and Features

Random321 wrote: Question: As it stands now am I only able to give someone "Kara" once? I can't seem to get Dr Lazarus's number to go up.

I think you can do it once per post. So if you find another of his posts, you can karma up there.

BTW, I would like to officially propose that we rename Karma to Kara.

- GeekSeven

More
09 Jul 2011 15:09 #23933 by yohashuan
Replied by yohashuan on topic Re: Upcoming Site Updates and Features
Right on, Fats. If you're just thinking sidescrollers (even with multiplayer), then flash should do the trick I would think. But if you're truly hoping to take it to that next level, may I humbly suggest your dev team take a look at the (free/opensource) Unity game engine. Some truly badass stuff being made with that IMO.

More
13 Jul 2011 00:33 #23959 by JKIJ
Replied by JKIJ on topic Re: Upcoming Site Updates and Features
Wow, that's some list of upcoming features. I look forward to seeing how they all turn out. I'm not sure how you'll find the time to get them done (I never would), but thanks for the effort.

More
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds