Amount
× Reminder: this is not a miscellaneous discussion forum. If your thread is not about the forum itself, its software, or its mods, please look for a more appropriate home -- thanks.

Agenda items for "town hall" meeting 2nd Sep. 2012

26 Aug 2012 17:11 #28303 by fats
hi all,

Please post your suggestions for the town hall meeting that will take place on Sunday 2nd September 2012.

Please note that the thread will be locked on Friday night to allow compiling of agenda items.

Fats
The following user(s) said Thank You: Katherine Dettwiller
The topic has been locked.
  • fats
  • fats's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
27 Aug 2012 16:24 #28317 by eavatar
Non english stories section could be fine

Going ahead is the only one way to go to the future.
More
27 Aug 2012 18:30 #28318 by somat
What does this actually mean? A gathering on the swmania irc-chatroom?

somat
More
27 Aug 2012 18:37 #28319 by fats

somat wrote: What does this actually mean? A gathering on the swmania irc-chatroom?

somat

in a sense yes, we haven’t had a gathering of the members since the first launch of the new site, i feel it would be good for everyone.

fats
  • fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
28 Aug 2012 01:04 - 28 Aug 2012 01:06 #28329 by Sarge395
I will do my best to attend.

Love this portal. A place to inspire, bounce ideas, share some content (not paid content), etc.

Not sure I have any agenda items. Would love to see SSH and Steele site comebacks but not sure that is an agenda item. Other than how to maybe better support content providers?

Hey, what happened to my avatar?
Last edit: 28 Aug 2012 01:06 by Sarge395. Reason: Avatar?
  • Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
28 Aug 2012 06:34 #28332 by njae

Hey, what happened to my avatar?

There has been a blog post regarding that.

www.superwomenmania.com/wordpress/?p=25
More
29 Aug 2012 16:43 #28342 by Katherine Dettwiller
Replied by Katherine Dettwiller on topic Agenda items for "town hall" meeting 2nd Sep. 2012
I just wanna say, njae I love your avatar so much!
  • Katherine Dettwiller
More
29 Aug 2012 21:53 #28347 by Lulu
How does this meeting works? What time will it be anyway? So if it is for members, I guess that means, that all members can participate?
More
30 Aug 2012 02:16 #28351 by bionicskillz
Replied by bionicskillz on topic Agenda items for "town hall" meeting 2nd Sep. 2012
I would like to be part of it. How do I get there?

Here's some agenda items I would like to discuss:

Audio stories (suggested by Larafan originally)
Contributions for a collective custom movies or just clips. (we can have small clips filmed of superhuman abilities)
How about our own store? (Selling our customs, comics, etc.)

Talk to you soon
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rip Harden
More
30 Aug 2012 05:51 #28353 by Rip Harden
Something that could dovetail into the items Bionicz raised - whether there could be a facility for commissioning uber-girl art. I'm a member of deviantart and see many great artists but wonder whether I should start with those who support this site. Let's find who they are and what they can do for other members (I note lfan and Dr M have already publicised a couple of artists - maybe what we need is a forum thread to tie them all together).

"Man can believe the impossible, but can never believe the improbable." - Oscar Wilde
More
30 Aug 2012 07:28 #28354 by njae

Katherine Dettwiller wrote: I just wanna say, njae I love your avatar so much!

Thanks, I don't even remember where I found it anymore, probably Deviantart.

How does this meeting works? What time will it be anyway? So if it is for members, I guess that means, that all members can participate?

Just come to the SWM Chatroom at the right time. It'll be 12pm to 12am BST, so there's enough of a time window.

I would like to be part of it. How do I get there?

If you're using an IRC chat tool, you have to visit #superwomenmania on freenode.net, there's also the possibility of using the webchat by following this link: webchat.freenode.net/?channels=superwomenmania&uio=d4
Fats also added a link to it in the site menus btw.

As for topic suggestions:

1. How about the SWMU? It's become rather quiet lately and after the questionaires, we still need to find the basic rules that will make the SWMU. I know that fats has been working on it, so this might be a good chance for a more direct discussion about it.

2. Workshop commenting: The workshop is in it's final phase and the entries will have been available for a week by then. The users could take the time to comment them in here instead of a separate thread. This could even be expanded to the previous workshops as a means for authors to get additional feedback, or finding new ideas for future workshops etc.
More
30 Aug 2012 16:14 #28355 by inactive
For agenda items, my thoughts are:

1- Commissions. It would be nice to have an idiots guide to commissioning art. How to do it. Lists of artists people have used, along with samples, rates, what to expevt. Things not to do (e.g. Do not send a constant stream of emails to the artist asking for an update), etc. Maybe even a place where the artists here can lay out their stalls. Just a thought.

2- Storybank index. I would love to have a "concise" table of contents for the storybank, similar to the old index on the previous site design. Just a table with title, author, date posted. Sortable on those columns. On a single page. I've considered putting something together myself, but obviously it would be better if it were integrated into the site.

- GeekSeven
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan
More
30 Aug 2012 17:04 #28357 by njae

geekseven wrote: 2- Storybank index. I would love to have a "concise" table of contents for the storybank, similar to the old index on the previous site design. Just a table with title, author, date posted. Sortable on those columns. On a single page. I've considered putting something together myself, but obviously it would be better if it were integrated into the site.

I've been tinkering with the CMS a bit because of the planned Sort by author page and it seems feasible. Creating a list that shows all stories in the respective order seems easy enough, all that's missing right now are additional data like the author, post date etc. A little more tinkering should be able to help here, but I prefer fats to be in earshot (aka IRC) so I that he'll be able to clean up any mess in case I screw up. From what I understand so far there are many possibilities.
More
31 Aug 2012 01:47 #28364 by Rip Harden

geekseven wrote:
1- Commissions. It would be nice to have an idiots guide to commissioning art.

Absolutely (although perhaps with the choice of a better descriptor for those of us not blessed with this inside knowledge).

"Man can believe the impossible, but can never believe the improbable." - Oscar Wilde
More
31 Aug 2012 03:15 #28366 by inactive

Rip Harden wrote:

geekseven wrote:
1- Commissions. It would be nice to have an idiots guide to commissioning art.

Absolutely (although perhaps with the choice of a better descriptor for those of us not blessed with this inside knowledge).

Good point. Although I would include myself as one of the "idiots".

- GeekSeven
More
01 Sep 2012 09:55 #28376 by fats
ho,

i love what has been posted so far, i'm going to add the idea of changing the names of some of the stuff here for example instread of the storybank being called storybank, why not call it SWM library.

fats
  • fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
03 Sep 2012 20:27 #28416 by fats
Remember people you only have until Friday night to post ideas for the town hall meeting.

fats
  • fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
07 Sep 2012 07:23 #28443 by njae

fats wrote: Remember people you only have until Friday night to post ideas for the town hall meeting.

fats

Another reminder, today's the last chance to post ideas.
More
07 Sep 2012 15:43 #28454 by inactive
Not sure when I'll be able to get online on sunday.

Njae has already addressed one of my items with the recent enhancements to the fiction section. The other was about a guide to commissions and i don't know what there is to discuss other than who has the knowledge to contribute.

- GeekSeven
More
07 Sep 2012 19:11 #28458 by njae

geekseven wrote: Not sure when I'll be able to get online on sunday.

Njae has already addressed one of my items with the recent enhancements to the fiction section. The other was about a guide to commissions and i don't know what there is to discuss other than who has the knowledge to contribute.

There can still be some talk about what to do to make the storybank (or library ;) ) more accessible for you. Especially the new series categories can be made a bit more individual to the authors tastes for example.
More
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds