Amount
× Reminder: this is not a miscellaneous discussion forum. If your thread is not about the forum itself, its software, or its mods, please look for a more appropriate home -- thanks.

Audio Book Poll

21 Sep 2012 00:11 #28684 by fats
Audio Book Poll was created by fats
hi,

As some might have noticed there is a anew poll on the Front Page, the poll is all about the new audio book we are need some feedback as to what people think about it as it will direct future spend and effort on new content, so please do vote and tell us what you think.

Fats

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fats
  • fats's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
21 Sep 2012 05:37 #28687 by oldHarmonyMotion
Replied by oldHarmonyMotion on topic Audio Book Poll
I am on record for thinking that the sample was fantastic. The full thing did not disappoint.

HUUUUUUUUGE thanks to LFan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan

• oldHarmonyMotion
More
21 Sep 2012 13:43 #28688 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Audio Book Poll
Glad you liked, Goober....hopefully more people will pipe up that liked it too. I guess you'd be interested in it as a monthly feature then? Or however often we could get to do it?

ElF

More
21 Sep 2012 15:39 #28690 by Raa
Replied by Raa on topic Audio Book Poll
It was very enjoyable to listen to. Being Dyslexic I have been using audio books for a long time. The pace she read it was great and her voice was incredible. The only thing I had a problem was the volume. I had my MP3 play turned all the way up. At times had hard time hearing her.

Any one have the link to the rest of the story? It has been a long time and I would like to reread them. Thanks.

More
21 Sep 2012 15:45 #28691 by fats
Replied by fats on topic Audio Book Poll
hi,

the text files for the story is on the list to be uploaded to the site. expect it in the near future.

fats
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raa

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
21 Sep 2012 16:14 #28692 by supian
Replied by supian on topic Audio Book Poll
Thought it was really good - a good story to cover as well as it is all written in the first person, from her perspective. All cf's writing is at evilsupergirls.com

More
21 Sep 2012 16:33 #28693 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Audio Book Poll
I'll chime in with an official yes vote. Sexy voice just like we heard. The english accent works great for an American like me.

More
22 Sep 2012 09:16 #28702 by njae
Replied by njae on topic Audio Book Poll

fats wrote: hi,

the text files for the story is on the list to be uploaded to the site. expect it in the near future.

fats

Done and now to be found HERE
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raa

More
24 Sep 2012 12:55 - 24 Sep 2012 12:56 #28728 by fats
We are nearly at 200 downloads and only 36 votes, come on guys it's time to tell your fellow man what you think of the audio book, your vote WILL make a difference and will help direct the site.

Fats

p.s if you don't know where the poll is look on the front page under your avatar.
Last edit: 24 Sep 2012 12:56 by fats.

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
24 Sep 2012 13:39 #28735 by Esteban
Replied by Esteban on topic Audio Book Poll
I like the voice, it is perfectly clear and she speaks very cleanly. Absolutely easy to listen to. The speed is good, and it is not too mechanical.
But I'm missing some attitude. It sometimes feels like a kindergarten teacher reads a nice fairy tale to the kids, and it's full of bunnies and teddy bears and honey. It just doesn't sound like I'm listening to a super powerful sex goddess that could take over the world if she wanted. Maybe this also comes from the spirit of the story itself. I haven't read all of the chapters, so I don't know if she maybe doesn't evolve into an arrogantly playful supergirl at all. To me, she just kind of sounds too friendly. It's not really like the story is read by the narrator.

Overall, I like the audio book idea. I like the voice that was used in this one, and I'm pleasantly surprised and happy that there actually are women with that kind of skill out there who are willing to read stories like these. (yeah, it's probably because someone gave her money ;) is there some post on the forum that gives information on the origin of this audio book? Who gave it to the reader, what were the overall circumstances?)

More
24 Sep 2012 14:13 #28736 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Audio Book Poll
In terms of the details, I "auditioned" about 4-5 voice actresses with a short excerpt and then negotiated the rate with her. I'm pretty sure she did it for the money... ;)

ElF

More
25 Sep 2012 22:00 #28754 by Gargamel6
Replied by Gargamel6 on topic Audio Book Poll
Overall: I don`t think i`ll listen to another audio although it was nice to hear the story like that for a change.

I liked the voice, it was feminim, clearly pronounced, nice speed, good volume but (I just realised that through Esteban) I too thought, she was "too nice".
But anyway, my vote has nothing to do with the actress. For me, when I read a story I have my own fantasies, my own speed. That just didn`t happen in the audio, I couldn`t really create images in my mind. I always caught myself thinking further ahead of the story, she didn`t really get my attention. Thus again: Thanks for your effort of adding another new feature to the site - it`s not my taste though.a

More
26 Sep 2012 00:47 #28757 by steelknight3000
Replied by steelknight3000 on topic Audio Book Poll
How will you decide which stories are made into audio books?

More
26 Sep 2012 00:55 #28758 by fats

steelknight3000 wrote: How will you decide which stories are made into audio books?

good question, it still needs to be fully worked out.

fats

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
26 Sep 2012 06:56 #28767 by willow
Replied by willow on topic Audio Book Poll
I agree with Esteban that a little more emotion would be nice, but overall I think it was a good choice to use her. The fact that the story is written in first person really does help. I am curious what the other 4 people who auditioned sounded like, however.

More
26 Sep 2012 09:16 #28769 by Esteban
Replied by Esteban on topic Audio Book Poll
Good thought willow... do you maybe have recordings of the other voice actresses at hand lfan?

More
28 Sep 2012 14:25 #28784 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic Audio Book Poll
I liked it and would like to hear more from her. I do think that the story being "first person" helped. I'm not sure that "third person" would be as good.

More
24 Apr 2014 03:59 - 24 Apr 2014 13:11 #36258 by Dru1076
Replied by Dru1076 on topic Audio Book Poll
I recently discovered the word processor I'm using on the iPad has a wonderful new feature after the latest update. I must recommend Textilus for IOS...it now has the ability to have Suri read the text aloud. While this is not perfect, and quite monotous, it's a real nice way to hear your stories read out to you. If you have an iPhone or an iPad and your lazy sometimes like me, then you should check it out.

I want to point out I'm not putting that capital p in iPad myself...that's the evil of Apple at work.
Last edit: 24 Apr 2014 13:11 by Dru1076.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raa, SCOTT R

More
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds