Amount
× Reminder: this is not a miscellaneous discussion forum. If your thread is not about the forum itself, its software, or its mods, please look for a more appropriate home -- thanks.

Town Hall Meeting 10th November 2013

03 Nov 2013 18:30 #33975 by fats
Hi all,

i've almost forgot to put this announcement up, ne3xt week (10th November 2013) I'm going to hold a Town hall meeting with the members of the SWMU team to discuss what has been going on and what needs to be done, with that in mind i would like to invite everyone to the meeting, there has been a number of ideas that need wider discussions, and it will also be a good thing for people to get anything else off their chests.

So the way that the meeting will go ahead in the normal fashion with one difference, the starting time will be 1pm (GMT) and will run on until 1am (GMT). The agenda will be mainly made up of SWMU but will cover any other topics anyone wants to raise.

Please reply to this thread with any topic you want to see addressed at the meeting.

Fats

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fats
  • fats's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
03 Nov 2013 22:09 #33978 by inactive
Replied by inactive on topic Town Hall Meeting 10th November 2013
I don't know if it's a topic that is worth discussing, but I would be interested to know how many new people are coming into the site.

I'm trying to remember how I found the old ubergirls.org in the first place. I think there was a Velorian site which linked to conceptfan's old site which linked to ubergirls. Are people able to find us? I'd hate to think of someone who would want to be part of our site who doesn't know it's here.

- GeekSeven
The following user(s) said Thank You: fats

More
04 Nov 2013 14:49 #33994 by circes_cup
Replied by circes_cup on topic Town Hall Meeting 10th November 2013
I'm not going to make the townhall meeting, but one topic I wanted to propose would be an interactive story (ie, "choose your own adventure"). Marknew did a few of these on Writing.com (www.Writing.Com/main/portfolio/view/marknew742), and they seemed to work well. For those that are unfamiliar, the format presents a single first chapter, but then several options for the second chapter, from which the reader can choose. Each of those options concludes with additional "branches" in the story, so that it begins to resemble a tree. And unlike a normal story with a single author, an interactive one is open to everyone who wants to contribute. It has no limits.

This might be a fun group project. It would encourage lots of interaction between the various authors. The door would be open to anyone, which would hopefully encourage new authors to try their hand at writing. And the technology team (Fats et al) would be a critical part of the creation process as well, since I expect some signficant work may be needed to make all the linking possible.

Just curious to see if this idea would have any appeal to the rest of the group.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fats

More
04 Nov 2013 16:02 #33998 by fats
Replied by fats on topic Town Hall Meeting 10th November 2013

circes_cup wrote: I'm not going to make the townhall meeting, but one topic I wanted to propose would be an interactive story (ie, "choose your own adventure"). Marknew did a few of these on Writing.com (www.Writing.Com/main/portfolio/view/marknew742), and they seemed to work well. For those that are unfamiliar, the format presents a single first chapter, but then several options for the second chapter, from which the reader can choose. Each of those options concludes with additional "branches" in the story, so that it begins to resemble a tree. And unlike a normal story with a single author, an interactive one is open to everyone who wants to contribute. It has no limits.

This might be a fun group project. It would encourage lots of interaction between the various authors. The door would be open to anyone, which would hopefully encourage new authors to try their hand at writing. And the technology team (Fats et al) would be a critical part of the creation process as well, since I expect some signficant work may be needed to make all the linking possible.

Just curious to see if this idea would have any appeal to the rest of the group.

Thank you for letting me know that you will not be able to make the meeting, there will be a copy of the log posted after the meeting for people who can't make it.

On your suggestion of an interactive story ala writing.com, i have given this a ton of deliberation and looked at the options available, I've contacted the owners of the site and have asked if the software they are using is an off the shelf package or if it's a custom developed system, they have not replied to my emails, there is an interactive story section of the forum but it's not been used for some time, and it's not as good as the system in place at writing.com, i'm currently looking at the possibility of using a wiki system and customising it for that, but it's a long term project something that i expect to take me close to a year.

Fats
The following user(s) said Thank You: circes_cup

• fats
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
08 Nov 2013 01:47 #34129 by Dru1076
Replied by Dru1076 on topic Town Hall Meeting 10th November 2013
Just a reminder...the town hall meeting is just around the corner, and I hope as many members as possible can attend. Even if you don't plan on writing stories in the upcoming SWMU we'd Still like to hear from you...

More
09 Nov 2013 01:00 #34167 by Dru1076
Replied by Dru1076 on topic Town Hall Meeting 10th November 2013
I thought I'd better bump this puppy back up the list...

I hope the meeting goes well, and we come out of it with an SWMU everyone will enjoy. But if you want your say...get on down to the town hall and speak up.

More
10 Nov 2013 14:03 #34188 by fats
Replied by fats on topic Town Hall Meeting 10th November 2013
just to let you all know the Town hall meeting is on.

the chat client has been changed as there was an issue.

Fats

• fats
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds