Amount
× Reminder: this is not a miscellaneous discussion forum. If your thread is not about the forum itself, its software, or its mods, please look for a more appropriate home -- thanks.

Welcome to Kunena 4

01 Jun 2015 15:05 - 01 Jun 2015 15:11 #42504 by fats
Welcome to Kunena 4 was created by fats
hi all,

It's been a big issue that has taken months of prep for the site but we are now on Kunena 4, the very latest version of the forum software that we have now used for over 5 years, this version has been in development for 2 years and has gotten rid of all the legacy code that has been around for years, it's now fully mobile ready it's got some new features that will be useful.

Some of the new Features

To start with we have a new theme for the forum, this is the new default one and will be tweaked over the next few months, with new smilies and other graphics, it's also allows you to edit your forum profile, so that means you can edit your subscriptions and your signature as well as other features.

The next new feature is the ability to post tweets in your forum posts, so if you have seen a cool tweet you can now add it to your post like this below

Next feature is drag/drop of images to posts, now there is no need to go through the add attachment dialogue box, now you can simply drag it and drop it to the post.

More features are going to be going live over the next few months and I’ll keep you up to date, and unless here is a major coding change that will happen over the next year, we will be keeping the site theme and forum theme.

Thank you all for your patience over the all the outages and changes, I know it's been hard but I’m always striving to make this site the best there is.

Fats
Last edit: 01 Jun 2015 15:11 by fats.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, Dru1076, Lulu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fats
  • fats's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
01 Jun 2015 16:30 #42509 by fats
Replied by fats on topic Welcome to Kunena 4
also if there is any issues please post them here.

Fats

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
01 Jun 2015 17:35 #42510 by Monty
Replied by Monty on topic Welcome to Kunena 4
This looks very, very smart! On the moby so not seeing the full works Fats, but looks good!
The following user(s) said Thank You: fats

More
01 Jun 2015 21:24 #42513 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Welcome to Kunena 4
After reading a long thread you have to scroll all the way back to the top to get to the heading bar again. That little thing was "fixed" last go around.

More
01 Jun 2015 21:42 #42514 by fats

Markiehoe wrote: After reading a long thread you have to scroll all the way back to the top to get to the heading bar again. That little thing was "fixed" last go around.

it's a planned feature for the next update of the theme, I’m expecting it by the end of the month.

Fats
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
02 Jun 2015 01:03 #42522 by inactive
Replied by inactive on topic Welcome to Kunena 4
Will there be a way to edit the footer and the optional website under the avatar?

Edit and Preferences lead me into a maze of twisting passages, all alike.

- GeekSeven

More
02 Jun 2015 03:46 - 03 Jun 2015 03:45 #42527 by Dru1076
Replied by Dru1076 on topic Welcome to Kunena 4
Thanks for all your hard work Fats.

I figured out why the frontpage was blank on my phone...i just had to update the bookmark. :)
Last edit: 03 Jun 2015 03:45 by Dru1076.

More
02 Jun 2015 16:27 #42545 by AuGoose
Replied by AuGoose on topic Welcome to Kunena 4
Can we get the defaults changed to NOT automatically subscribe us to every thread we post in? I spot the "subscribe" check box (pre-checked) just after I click post most of the time.

(also the emoticons panel doesn't work for me. I suspect its an internet explorer thing. I've had trouble with other boards of a similar nature)

More
02 Jun 2015 18:42 #42549 by fats
on the subscribe, i have it set in the back end not to have the box checked, i'll look in to that and will report it as a bug.

i'll also look in to the emoticons as well.

Fats
The following user(s) said Thank You: AuGoose

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds