Amount
× Reminder: this is not a miscellaneous discussion forum. If your thread is not about the forum itself, its software, or its mods, please look for a more appropriate home -- thanks.

SWM Adverts

10 Jun 2016 20:21 #48449 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic SWM Adverts
Do what you need to do to keep this site going.
I am going to start donating again.

I do not condone or promote pirate sites.
And neither should SWM
The topic has been locked.
  • Markiehoe
  • Uberposter of Distinction
  • Uberposter of Distinction
More
10 Jun 2016 21:08 #48450 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic SWM Adverts

Markiehoe wrote: Do what you need to do to keep this site going.
I am going to start donating again.

I do not condone or promote pirate sites.
And neither should SWM

Please do not donate....if you feel SWM's moral compass is out of whack, you are free to do what you do, including not contributing and/or visiting the site. Do what you have to do.

After the third, fourth, or eighth time, your position is perfectly clear -- you don't condone piracy. Your previous accusation that SWM endorses it is laughable. Rather, I have publicly posted that people posting links will be banned. It's also -- if I'm not mistaken -- in the FAQ. When we see links to pirated material on the site, we take them down and warn the poster. This has been the policy for years and was happening well before the Supergirl pilot. You can also ask several content creators as well (JonX, TKS, Random, WCG, even DC and Marvel Comics) of me reporting to them when I DO see their stuff being pirated. Hell, I have even told Bill Black and Cult Retro when I see their stuff being pirated. Do I always publicly post this? No. Sometimes things that are not said are as relevant as things that are said.

The Supergirl pilot discussion included several people that had seen the pilot -- whether legally or illegally -- and to ignore that and ban any discussion is just plain dumb. If you feel this is encouraging piracy on our part, let me again say:

SWM does not endorse or condone piracy. Please check the FAQ for more details.

This thread has overstayed its welcome and, while I really want to lock it, I'm gonna just refrain from discussing this any more.....

ElF
More
10 Jun 2016 21:14 #48451 by fats
Replied by fats on topic SWM Adverts
I'm going to create a new thread for funding ideas, this thread has been locked by me so that we can start a new thread fresh.

Fats
  • fats
  • fats's Avatar Topic Author
  • SWM - Administrator
  • SWM - Administrator
More
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds