Amount
× Reminder: this is not a miscellaneous discussion forum. If your thread is not about the forum itself, its software, or its mods, please look for a more appropriate home -- thanks.

NOTICE: Impending change to SWM forums (Sept 2016)

31 Aug 2016 11:25 #49934 by five_red
Starting very soon, inline images will no longer be displayed to guest users by default. This means that you'll have to be logged in to see images within the body of the message. Links and other types of content should be unaffected.

The move has been taken in an attempt to encourage lurkers to sign up, and existing users to sign in.

R5

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Raa, fats, Bernard72002, Markiehoe, Monty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• five_red
  • five_red's Avatar Topic Author
More
31 Aug 2016 11:52 #49937 by Monty
I'd log in for a view of Wonder Lynda any day of the week!
The following user(s) said Thank You: aguilauno, Bernard72002

More
31 Aug 2016 14:53 #49945 by njae
Is it just me or is there an issue with the cookies? I have to log in manually almost every day regardless of whether or not I chose "remember me".
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bernard72002

• njae
  • Away
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
31 Aug 2016 14:54 #49946 by fats
I've noticed that same thing on mobile devices but never on desktops, is that the same for you.

Fats

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
31 Aug 2016 16:20 #49950 by njae
It seems to work better on my phone than on my PC.

• njae
  • Away
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
31 Aug 2016 16:45 #49952 by kikass2014
Awesome pic of Lynda :)

Peace.

/K

More
31 Aug 2016 19:23 #49966 by LustMonster
Replied by LustMonster on topic NOTICE: Impending change to SWM forums (Sept 2016)
On my PC I have to log in every time when I use Chrome, but not when I use Microsoft Edge.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bernard72002

More
31 Aug 2016 19:29 - 31 Aug 2016 19:30 #49968 by j2001

njae wrote: Is it just me or is there an issue with the cookies? I have to log in manually almost every day regardless of whether or not I chose "remember me".

I have to log in every time I switch platform.

For example, if I log in from my PC and then on my phone, my PC browser will automatically log out, and if I log in again my phone logs out.
Last edit: 31 Aug 2016 19:30 by j2001.

More
31 Aug 2016 19:36 #49969 by fats
i will look into the cookie issue.

Fats
The following user(s) said Thank You: five_red

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
02 Sep 2016 12:45 #50025 by njae

j2001 wrote:

njae wrote: Is it just me or is there an issue with the cookies? I have to log in manually almost every day regardless of whether or not I chose "remember me".

I have to log in every time I switch platform.

For example, if I log in from my PC and then on my phone, my PC browser will automatically log out, and if I log in again my phone logs out.

I've paid more attention to this lately and can clearly say that I lose my cookies even when I do not switch platforms.

• njae
  • Away
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
02 Sep 2016 13:23 #50026 by Markiehoe
I use a PC with Chrome.
I never use any other device.
I log in and stay logged in for about a month then I have to log in again.

More
03 Sep 2016 01:29 #50040 by fats
you now need to be logged in to view pics.

fats

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
03 Sep 2016 03:06 #50042 by ace191
I think that is a brilliant move. You can read all about it, but like
They say, a picture is worth a thousand words!

More
03 Sep 2016 04:02 #50044 by AuGoose
That seems equitable. Saves you some data being pushed to guests.

More
03 Sep 2016 21:17 #50049 by rebel4life
What's this "log-in" issue all about, anyways? To be honest, I've been a visitor to this site for +5 years but have only registered recently. Didn't occur to me that I was behaving anti-social or else detrimental to the site operators. And yes, I've donated nevertheless.

Don't get me wrong, I have no issue with logging in whatsoever, I'm just curious.

• rebel4life
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
04 Sep 2016 17:14 #50063 by fats

rebel4life wrote: What's this "log-in" issue all about, anyways? To be honest, I've been a visitor to this site for +5 years but have only registered recently. Didn't occur to me that I was behaving anti-social or else detrimental to the site operators. And yes, I've donated nevertheless.

Don't get me wrong, I have no issue with logging in whatsoever, I'm just curious.

The idea behind all the work is to get the 870+ hits per day into new members and new activity, I've been concerned for some time that we have a good number of attendees but a poor level of activity we are currently at something like 1:100, 1 item of activity for every 100 hits, there is no thought that people who browse the site are anti-social and in no way do I think it's detrimental, it's all about building a better community.

Fats

P.S. What do people think of making the site darker in the colour scheme, not black just darker, if you have a fav dark colour please post it here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: five_red, rebel4life

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
05 Sep 2016 17:58 #50092 by rebel4life

fats wrote: The idea behind all the work is to get the 870+ hits per day into new members and new activity, I've been concerned for some time that we have a good number of attendees but a poor level of activity we are currently at something like 1:100, 1 item of activity for every 100 hits, there is no thought that people who browse the site are anti-social and in no way do I think it's detrimental, it's all about building a better community.

Fats

P.S. What do people think of making the site darker in the colour scheme, not black just darker, if you have a fav dark colour please post it here.

Ah, thanks for the heads-up, so I'll make sure to always log-in from now on. I'm all for a darker color scheme, the more black the better :).

• rebel4life
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
05 Sep 2016 20:49 #50104 by LustMonster
Replied by LustMonster on topic NOTICE: Impending change to SWM forums (Sept 2016)
I am all for a dark theme! This brigh white is painful to look at early in the morning. :)

More
05 Sep 2016 21:02 #50107 by njae
On the cookie issue: This time I paid attention and the relevant joomla cookie was indeed gone.

• njae
  • Away
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
05 Sep 2016 22:39 #50111 by five_red

fats wrote: P.S. What do people think of making the site darker in the colour scheme, not black just darker, if you have a fav dark colour please post it here.

I kind of like the existing white scheme, at least on the forums. Can we have user choosable themes?

R5

• five_red
  • five_red's Avatar Topic Author
More
06 Sep 2016 15:29 #50127 by shadar
I noticed this morning that the Latest scroll list on the homepage no longer lists posts made to the NSFW forum. This change was made overnight.

However, if I go to the Forum tab and then New Topics, they still show up on that list. Essentially the homepage list of Latest topics and the Forum/New Topics lists are different.

Is this an intentional change or a new bug?

Shadar

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
06 Sep 2016 16:24 #50129 by lfan
The Latest Topics widget is now filtering out the NSFW forum from the list. This has been done intentionally. Like you said, NSFW forum can still be easily accessed via the Index page and/or bookmarked.

ElF

More
06 Sep 2016 16:26 #50130 by lfan

five_red wrote:

fats wrote: P.S. What do people think of making the site darker in the colour scheme, not black just darker, if you have a fav dark colour please post it here.

I kind of like the existing white scheme, at least on the forums. Can we have user choosable themes?

R5

I agree....I'm not averse to playing around with the color of the font (black, dark blue, dark grey, but my vote is to leave the white for readability. Its no coincidence that almost every book in the world still is written in black text on white. :)

ElF

More
06 Sep 2016 17:19 #50132 by shadar

lfan wrote: The Latest Topics widget is now filtering out the NSFW forum from the list. This has been done intentionally. Like you said, NSFW forum can still be easily accessed via the Index page and/or bookmarked.

ElF

Good reason not to post in the NSFW forum any more. Sounds like you are trying to make SWM less adult-oriented as part of your marketing plan.

Shadar

• shadar
More
06 Sep 2016 17:29 #50133 by fats
Shadar and others, do continue to post NSFW content, we are not trying to make SWM less adult, just trying to make it less obvious, some people might not sign up if they see only NSFW threads on the FP.

Fats

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds