Amount
× Reminder: this is not a miscellaneous discussion forum. If your thread is not about the forum itself, its software, or its mods, please look for a more appropriate home -- thanks.

Site Shutdown

05 Aug 2019 19:11 #64764 by fats
Site Shutdown was created by fats
I'm reposting this from the Frontpage, for those who don't access the site via the Frontpage.

Hi all,

It's been several years since I've updated the core server software and sorted some of the site more annoying bugs but I've finally cleared some time to get the work done.
So on the site will be closed for the weekend starting the 17th august 2019 and will be reopened sometime late Sunday the 18th, this is to allow me the time to sot out and fix the bugs, to format the server, reinstall the OS, updated the OS, reinstall the web-server/email software and re-upload the web site and test everything out.  And if I have time I will try to get the certificate working so that the site will be accessed via https rather than HTTP.

I'll be keeping people updated on the progress of the update via the discord server.  discord.gg/uuQQdgr
I'll post to the Facebook group as well.  www.facebook.com/groups/364817733660653/

I hate to close the server down but this will allow me to fix one of the biggest bugs on the site namely story comments, I'm also going to upload a new story template that might find favour with people.
Again sorry for the closure.

Fats

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, anaheim, Woodclaw, Raa, mikeyfreedom, slim36, mastadon, d_k_c, Dru1076, RevTekkX, Random321, kshoo, ChaozCloud, aguilauno, Agent00Soul, cbaby, TwiceOnThursdays, kikass2014, TheOne25, grungykitten and 3 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fats
  • fats's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
06 Aug 2019 00:27 #64765 by ChaozCloud
Replied by ChaozCloud on topic Site Shutdown
This topic scared the craps out of me o.O
The following user(s) said Thank You: Revan

More
06 Aug 2019 07:49 #64766 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Site Shutdown
It goes without saying that any story submitted in that week would be postponed.

More
06 Aug 2019 15:13 #64770 by Revan
Replied by Revan on topic Site Shutdown
Is this the something that is/was coming? Or is that unrelated? :P

More
06 Aug 2019 19:19 #64772 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Site Shutdown
I appreciate you taking the time to update the site further, Fats.  I'm very interested in the story submission template. What we have works pretty well, but there is always room for improvement. Anything that makes it easier to insert picts into text is goodness for me. 

Beyond the story submission template, I'd love to see text entered in a standard post to be formatted (or preserve formatting) much the way the story template does now. Useful for sharing short little vignettes without having to reformat the cr/lf on every paragraph. 

Shadar

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
07 Aug 2019 13:31 #64776 by Woodclaw

Revan wrote: Is this the something that is/was coming? Or is that unrelated? :P

Totally related.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Revan

More
16 Aug 2019 08:27 #64820 by Woodclaw
I'd like to remind everybody that starting tomorrow the site would be offline.
We (read, the admin staff) decided to delay any new and upcoming story by one week. This should give Fats enough time to hammer out any new problem without worrying about new content.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raa, Woody

More
16 Aug 2019 13:07 #64822 by conceptfan
Replied by conceptfan on topic Site Shutdown
I'd just like to say "Good luck.  We're all counting on you."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, Raa, AuGoose, Woody

More
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds