Amount
× Reminder: this is not a miscellaneous discussion forum. If your thread is not about the forum itself, its software, or its mods, please look for a more appropriate home -- thanks.

Exclusive new artwork on this site! (if YOU can be bothered)

10 May 2007 17:53 #9215 by admin
Hi Everyone!

Time for some forum news and discussion. Please read this.

SWM continues to attract new members and the number of genuine superwomen-lovers (as opposed to spammers) registered on this forum continues to grow.

We are always discussing new ideas for SWM. Especially, ways we can generate more content - more images, more videos, more stories. It all boils down to the same thing: getting more people to contribute more.

Our latest plan is to commission a series of drawings from our favourite genre-artists depicting scenes from stories contributed to the SGInc Story Workshops that have been hosted here. There's dozens and dozens of scenes we'd love to see drawn. We'd need the feedback of members to decide which pictures. Then they must be paid for and made available on our servers.

The thing is, it's become increasingly clear that the majority of our members - genuine superwomen-lovers - log in to take advantage of the work of a few, dedicated members who post links, research news, make video clips available, create new films, comission artwork, donate images, write stories and so forth.

SWM would like to publicly thank those dedicated members once again for all that they do. Without them providing exclusive content (or at the very least convenient access to content spread all over the internet) there would be no point in the existence of the Superwomenmania.com hub.

We're proud to be a free forum, proud that we can provide exclusive content to all superwomen fans for free and proud that anyone can contribute to the content of our site. Of course, owning a url, hosting a forum and files and keeping it all going costs money and time. Comissioning artwork costs money. Making it available on-line costs time as does the daily grind to keep out spammers. People, mostly with jobs and/or families, have to provide that money and time.

All we ask in return is that other people also contribute. You don't have to write a story or comission artwork. Just make a post or two in the forum! So what if you don't have any exclusive news or links to share. Just join in one of the opinion discussions. Or post a sentence or two to thank the person responsible for a piece of artwork or video or story or whatever that you enjoyed.

In other words, take a few moments to make your interraction with SWM a two-way thing. Our goal in setting up the superwomenmania.com domain and launching the forum was to create an on-line community of people with a common interest. Some contributors feel their work is being taken for granted and that our sense of community at SWM is being diluted by general ingratitude.

So, with that in mind, any requests for scenes from SGI Workshop stories that you, yes YOU, would like to see drawn? If you don't know already, you can find just about every story ever submitted to an SGI Story Workshop in the "StoryBank" (link at the top of this page). For free, of course.

If we get enough responses, we'll open a poll, comission the most voted-for scene and take it from there. We'd love to do more scenes but right now there's only enough $$$ in the SWM-kitty for one. So we're going to be bastards about this: The more replies this post gets, the more inclined we'll be to top up the kitty for further comissions.

Over to you.

First time posters more than welcome. Second and third timers also ;)

That question again: Which scene(s) from SGI Workshop stories would you like to see turned into a piece of commissioned art?

If you don't want to nominate a scene or express your general support for this project, see if you can't post on another thread...

admin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• admin
  • admin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 May 2007 00:40 #9221 by Bully_pup
Speaking for myself, I'd like to see what happens next in Shade's "Crash Landing" Haven't heard any hu-bub about it in a while.

bully_pup -- Kelly

More
11 May 2007 00:59 #9223 by argonaut
Just workshop stories? Even so, there are a lot to choose from. I'll look over the StoryBank index and come up with a few nominations.

On a related topic -- you mentioned a "kitty." Is there some way members could contribute to it (on a strictly voluntary basis)? I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd be willing to kick in a few $$$ to help keep the site going and to support projects like this.

And how come your keyboard has a dollar sign but mine doesn't have a pound sterling symbol?

More
11 May 2007 02:29 #9227 by Captain Marbles
You mean like this? "£"

You have to go to "System Tools" and then click on "Character Map" and you'll find all sorts of characters that they couldn't fit on your keyboard.
At least, that's how my computer works.

More
11 May 2007 15:38 #9242 by lfan
Howard Johnson is right!!!

As for the nominations, are we doing winning stories (yes, I know I still need to summarize those!!) or ANY workshop stories? Well, if the latter I'd recommend a few of these which might transform well into commissions:

From Serena (by Yosh)
===============
"....Laughing, Serena brought one arm down, now holding the big rock over her head with her right hand alone. She felt fantastic. Placing her
free hand on her hip, Serena spread her legs slightly and stood once
again in the superhero pose. The enormous rock dwarfed her tiny body,
covering it in a dark shadow, but she held it over her head like it
was made of paper-mache. "I could get used to this," she said as she
began pressing the rock up and down with her lone hand."

A New Leaf (Helix)
============
"....Katie turned away from her friend and strode towards the sidewalk,
swaying her sexy arse she went. She approached a parked car and
lifted it above her head with incredible ease. The car creaked
slightly, its chassis not designed for being handled in such a way
by such a strong girl. "

Hell hath no Fury (Ace)
==============
"....Black Canary’s costume was unchanged, but she clearly had been. The power pulsating through her was so intense she almost couldn’t stand it. She picked up an old photon cannon made of Cartanium and crushed it against her breasts as the almost indestructible alloy shrieked in agony as it deformed into a new contoured shape. “This is F…ing unbelievable she screamed nearly in ecstasy."

Transformatrix 4000: Marvel to Behold
=========================
"...Throwing all caution, and the door, to the side she ran
inside only to find a group of guards trained on her with pistols
and semi-automatic rifles. At the sight of this, she started to say
“holy…but the guards took advantage of this moment of indecision.
They fired off many shots, looking to stop this superwoman who’s
broken in. But the bullets bounced off her chest and abs of steel.
"

Three Times a Super Lady
=================
"...She plunged her hands into the metallic shell. The ultra-tough alloy
yielded to her slender fingers as if it were soft clay. A vertical crack broke the cylinder's surface. The metal groaned in protest as the crack grew longer and wider. Lu-Two slid her hands into the fissure; and then, with a grunt and a shrug, she tore the cylinder open from top to bottom. Gears, wires, transistors, and microchips spilled out onto Central Plaza like candy from a pinata; and the contraption's owner sat forlornly amid the wreckage."

OK, those are a starter set....I tried to choose ones that

1) I liked
2) Translate well to 'static' pictures IMO
3) Over some variety of uberfeats

OK, considered the ball rolling.....

ElF

Hi Everyone!

Time for some forum news and discussion. Please read this.

SWM continues to attract new members and the number of genuine superwomen-lovers (as opposed to spammers) registered on this forum continues to grow.

We are always discussing new ideas for SWM. Especially, ways we can generate more content - more images, more videos, more stories. It all boils down to the same thing: getting more people to contribute more.

Our latest plan is to commission a series of drawings from our favourite genre-artists depicting scenes from stories contributed to the SGInc Story Workshops that have been hosted here. There's dozens and dozens of scenes we'd love to see drawn. We'd need the feedback of members to decide which pictures. Then they must be paid for and made available on our servers.

The thing is, it's become increasingly clear that the majority of our members - genuine superwomen-lovers - log in to take advantage of the work of a few, dedicated members who post links, research news, make video clips available, create new films, comission artwork, donate images, write stories and so forth.

SWM would like to publicly thank those dedicated members once again for all that they do. Without them providing exclusive content (or at the very least convenient access to content spread all over the internet) there would be no point in the existence of the Superwomenmania.com hub.

We're proud to be a free forum, proud that we can provide exclusive content to all superwomen fans for free and proud that anyone can contribute to the content of our site. Of course, owning a url, hosting a forum and files and keeping it all going costs money and time. Comissioning artwork costs money. Making it available on-line costs time as does the daily grind to keep out spammers. People, mostly with jobs and/or families, have to provide that money and time.

All we ask in return is that other people also contribute. You don't have to write a story or comission artwork. Just make a post or two in the forum! So what if you don't have any exclusive news or links to share. Just join in one of the opinion discussions. Or post a sentence or two to thank the person responsible for a piece of artwork or video or story or whatever that you enjoyed.

In other words, take a few moments to make your interraction with SWM a two-way thing. Our goal in setting up the superwomenmania.com domain and launching the forum was to create an on-line community of people with a common interest. Some contributors feel their work is being taken for granted and that our sense of community at SWM is being diluted by general ingratitude.

So, with that in mind, any requests for scenes from SGI Workshop stories that you, yes YOU, would like to see drawn? If you don't know already, you can find just about every story ever submitted to an SGI Story Workshop in the "StoryBank" (link at the top of this page). For free, of course.

If we get enough responses, we'll open a poll, comission the most voted-for scene and take it from there. We'd love to do more scenes but right now there's only enough $$$ in the SWM-kitty for one. So we're going to be bastards about this: The more replies this post gets, the more inclined we'll be to top up the kitty for further comissions.

Over to you.

First time posters more than welcome. Second and third timers also ;)

That question again: Which scene(s) from SGI Workshop stories would you like to see turned into a piece of commissioned art?

If you don't want to nominate a scene or express your general support for this project, see if you can't post on another thread...

admin.

More
12 May 2007 01:31 #9251 by bionicskillz
I'd be on board to draw something. I 've remained inactive with showing my artwork for a long time now and I want to get back into contributing to this site and fellow fans of this genre. If anyone has any info on how I can do this or teaming up with other creatives on this forum let me know, please.

More
13 May 2007 02:24 #9257 by argonaut
A few nominations:

1. "Randolph and Kim" (Conceptfan): Experimenting with her newly gained super-powers, Kim uproots a tree in the backyard of her family's house.

2. "Zupergirls: Film at Eleven" (Lfan): Supergirl rises from the rubble of the demolished warehouse as the super-powered Zatanna hovers triumphantly above her.

3. "Turnabout Is Fair Play" (Ace191): Lois Lane, transformed into a costumed Superwoman by Mr. Mxyzptlk's magic, leaps up to catch a de-powered Clark Kent, who's just been thrown from a rooftop.

4. "How Atalanta Kept the Bridge" (Argonaut): Atalanta stands at the edge of the quarry where she's imprisoned the Argolian army, dangling their commander Egeus from the tip of her forefinger.

And I think there are scenes in DKC's stories that would make for terrific illustrations, but I'll need to go back to them. Same for Dru.

More
17 May 2007 12:24 #9321 by Berkhart
I like Argonaut's first nomination. Kim has always been one of the super girls that most captured my imagination...

So powerful, so hot, and so very bad!

More
18 May 2007 18:22 #9332 by papayoya
I also vote for "Randolph and Kim". In particular, I would love to see any scene from the "battle" between Kim and the police at the end of chapter 8. For example, in one scene Kim blows at a cop that is trying to flee, launching him with such a force that he impacts into another cop, killing them both.

More
19 May 2007 08:06 #9340 by Woodclaw
My vote for Serena.

By the way I think that this scen below can be a good choice as well.

"Goddess club" (Alexa): One of the officers jumped into a police squad car. He backed the car up and pointed it directly at her. He revved the engine, and took off trying to run her over since nothing else seemed to stop this girl. Phaedra stood her ground, and placed her hands on her hips as the car sped towards her. Upon impact the front of the car wrapped around her body like paper as it impacted on a structure much harder and unmovable than itself. The officer was thrown through the windshield and caught by Phaedra. She tossed the dazed officer aside, and placed her hands on the sides of the mangled car. The goddess's hands crushed the sides of the car as she tightened her grip. Her muscles quickly proved more powerful than steel as she lifted the entire car above her head. Phaedra then grabbed another part of the underside of the car, and began to squeeze the car together. The car gave a horrible screeching noise as it slowly bent according to Phaedra's will. Phaedra adjusted her grip on the car as it bent more, and soon turned the car into a large U-shape. Pleased with her handiwork, Phaedra tossed the remains of the car onto another police car.

More
19 May 2007 09:33 #9342 by willow
Wow! Thank you for the complement. I would love to see a scene from one of my stories being made into some art. However, I prefer not to vote for myself on principle. Scenes I would prefer:

1. Randolph and Kim: Where Kim demonstrates her strength to her friends against the car and then trailer.

2. Little Bit of Fun: Where the girls crush one of their victims while enjoying each other's affections.

My vote for Serena.

By the way I think that this scen below can be a good choice as well.

"Goddess club" (Alexa): One of the officers jumped into a police squad car. He backed the car up and pointed it directly at her. He revved the engine, and took off trying to run her over since nothing else seemed to stop this girl. Phaedra stood her ground, and placed her hands on her hips as the car sped towards her. Upon impact the front of the car wrapped around her body like paper as it impacted on a structure much harder and unmovable than itself. The officer was thrown through the windshield and caught by Phaedra. She tossed the dazed officer aside, and placed her hands on the sides of the mangled car. The goddess's hands crushed the sides of the car as she tightened her grip. Her muscles quickly proved more powerful than steel as she lifted the entire car above her head. Phaedra then grabbed another part of the underside of the car, and began to squeeze the car together. The car gave a horrible screeching noise as it slowly bent according to Phaedra's will. Phaedra adjusted her grip on the car as it bent more, and soon turned the car into a large U-shape. Pleased with her handiwork, Phaedra tossed the remains of the car onto another police car.

More
22 May 2007 05:05 #9363 by Random321
Hmm... Okay ~ my turn to chime in:

1) Turnabout Is Fair Play Chapters 1-6 By Ace191
Lois picked each man up by the back of their pants and held them over her head. “Do you guys like basketball?” she asked. “I do, especially three point shots”, and with that, she flung the first thug up in the air and into an open dumpster 25 feet away.

2) Turnabout Is Fair Play Chapters 12 By Ace191
He saw the metal of his ship’s hull
peel back and now standing over him was a brunette female in a
feminine version of Superman’s uniform except that she had a large
red “U” shield on her chest in place of the usual “S” one. The
female looked like Superman’s Girlfriend Lois Lane, but how could she
or any woman break through his force shield and ship?

3) The Non-adventures of Superwoman PT1 AK
The links clinked and groaned as the chain stretched. But she was making no particular effort to remove the chains. There was no point to it; mere steel wasn't going to confine her strength. Bringing her hands up and grabbing the lapels of her own tailored blue suit instead, she quickly pulled her arms apart. The shriek of breaking metal was drowned out by the ripping of cloth. Ripping off her suit --- this was far from the first time she'd ruined a set of clothes on the job and, to tell the truth, she actually enjoyed doing it this way --- and letting the remains of the chain fall to the floor at her feet, the tatters of her outer clothes fluttering down somewhat slower, she now stood exposed in a familiar blue-and-red outfit.

4) Carrier by Anterion
Her smile began to wide as she felt the metal deform in her grasp and her strength grew further still and the readout on her screen began to rise.
OR
The carrier lift would be great ~ but difficult.

5) His New Super Girlfriend BTE
She knew that time was of the essence, so she began digging in, pushing
aside chunks of concrete, slicing through metal and cables with her heat
vision to clear a stable path to the brokerage office.

6) The Gift (A Soldier's Tale) CF
She had not swallowed the gas, merely held it in her lungs. Now she was exhaling it, in a premeditated manner; directing it through a gap in her devastatingly sexy mouth.

7) ‘Z’upergirlz: Film at Eleven! LFAN
The piercing shriek of metal swept through the air as each of Supergirl’s hands clutched and rent fists full of crumpled Detroit steel as she freed herself from her embedded imprint in the hood of the mangled Chrysler. As she sat up and regained her bearings, Kara fumed.

Arg ~ there are so many!!!

More
31 May 2007 05:11 #9435 by randomness
Fantastic imagery from...

The Law of Fives
by Grayface

Then without warning the woman started to kneel but her breast pressed against the car roof and incredibly it wasn't her flesh which gave way to the steel of the car, the roof crumpled downward several inches for just over six inches of the edge and for over three feet wide, then the windshield cracked the driver had to duck his head or have it caved in by the immense bosom of this superhuman woman. Then just before he thought that was the end it stopped.

More
12 Jun 2007 22:16 #9526 by julievelor
We've come full circle. The "Non-Adventures of Lois Lane" series is just snippets from my "Superior Girl" series, and the scene Random321 mentioned is taken from Chapter 36. And lo and behold! There's a picture I got from the predecessor of this site that inspired the scene. All I did was to put into words what the picture showed.

As a writer, my thanks go out to all those artists out there whose pictures have inspired me.

More
12 Jun 2007 23:33 #9527 by willow
You know we would love to see some more chapters of Superior Girl. There are still a few loose ends that could be wrapped up, even if the story shifts to the viewpoint of Jesse's supergirl compatriots rather than herself. Kind of how Shadar's original work started with Aurora, and then quickly shifted to Kara.

We've come full circle. The "Non-Adventures of Lois Lane" series is just snippets from my "Superior Girl" series, and the scene Random321 mentioned is taken from Chapter 36. And lo and behold! There's a picture I got from the predecessor of this site that inspired the scene. All I did was to put into words what the picture showed.

As a writer, my thanks go out to all those artists out there whose pictures have inspired me.

More
13 Jun 2007 00:43 #9529 by lfan
I'll second that, for what its worth!

ElF

You know we would love to see some more chapters of Superior Girl.

More
13 Jun 2007 06:41 #9532 by Random321
It's true ~ stories inspired some of my old photomanips.
Art and Photomanips inspired some of my old stories.
These days ~ stories, art, and every other media out there inspire my videos. No wonder there is nothing new under the sun ~ we're all ripping off eachother. :D

More
13 Jun 2007 15:10 #9541 by conceptfan
A huge thank you to everyone who has suggested scenes from my stories to be illustrated. Thanks guys... I feel really flattered. I'd love to see it but, truth be told, I accept that there are better, more established and more mainstream genre writers whose work NEEDS to be illustrated here.

No wonder there is nothing new under the sun ~ we're all ripping off each other. :D

Agreed. It's no secret that I've ripped off huge chunks of AK's work in my stories. And about three-quarters of everything else I've ever contributed has been inspired by pictures or video clips I've seen around. The remainder is provoked by 3-dimensional girls from real-life. (I play "I wish she was super" on the bus every day...)

Logic says: if we're all ripping each other off all the time, then the more content we create, the more content we'll inspire others to create. So, let's all get back to ripping each other off...

More
13 Jun 2007 17:15 #9550 by julievelor
Don't worry, there's a lot more of Jessie coming. I've got a lot of things planned for her and her compatriots, as well as for Lois Lane. I just don't have the NEXT chapter written and I don't want to skip ahead too far.

The same thing with Claire, and Julie, and Denise, and...

More
13 Jun 2007 17:34 #9551 by argonaut

Don't worry, there's a lot more of Jessie coming. I've got a lot of things planned for her and her compatriots, as well as for Lois Lane. I just don't have the NEXT chapter written and I don't want to skip ahead too far.

Stephanie? [ he asked hopefully ]

More
13 Jun 2007 17:53 #9552 by conceptfan

YAY!!!!

More
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds