Superwoman in The Ultra-Humanite

26 Aug 2009 17:17 #16529 by Dr. Muttonchops
Superwoman in The Ultra-Humanite was created by Dr. Muttonchops
Hey everyone,a while back, someone suggested doing
a Superwoman story in the style of the Fleischer Superman
cartoons,so I decided to give it a shot,it's my first time,so
please be kind. :oops:

"Up in the sky,look!" ."It's a bird!" "It's a plane!" "It's Superwoman!"

In the endless reaches of the universe,there once existed a planet called Krypton,
a planet that burned like a green star in the distant heavens.There,civilization
was far advanced and it brought forth a race of Superwomen and men,whose mental
and physical powers were developed to the absolute peak of human perfection.But
there came a day when giant quakes threatened to destroy Krypton forever.One of
the planets leading scientists,sensing the approach of doom,placed her infant
daughter in a small rocket ship,and sent it hurtling in the direction of Earth
just as Krypton exploded!The rocket ship sped through star-studded space,landing
safely on Earth with it's precious burden: Krypton's sole survivor. A passing
motorist found the uninjured child,and took her to an orphanage.As the years
went by and the girl grew to maturity,she found that she possesed amazing
physical powers! Faster than a speeding bullet! More powerful than a
locomotive! Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound! The infant of
Krypton is now the Woman of Steel: Superwoman! To best be in a position to
use her amazing powers in a never ending battle for truth and justice,
Superwoman has assumed the disguise of Clara Kent,a mild-mannered reporter
for a great metropolitan newspaper!

The electric power plant stood on the outskirts of Metropolis,nobody ever
paid much attention to it,until the night it suddenly shuddered and exploded!
Then people cared about it when it seemed like half the city's power went out!
The next morning in the offices of the newspaper The Daily Planet,Chief Editor
Perry White was looking over reports of the explosion. "Send in Kent and Lane."
he instructed his secretary over the intercom.Clara came in first,an attractive and
tall yet bookish young lady dressed in a candy pink jacket and skirt with a dress shirt
and green tie,her jet black hair was tightly combed backward and done up in a neat
bun behind her head on her face she wore a pair of wire-thin round framed glasses.
Out of the adjourning door came her friend and rival, Louis Lane.Louis was a
handsome go-getter with dark brown hair combed neatly to the side,dressed smartly
in a dark blue sportcoat and slacks which he neatly wore over a dress shirt with a black
tie. "Alright you two," White began in an almost parental tone. "Now I want the
both of you to cover this exploding power plant buisiness,got it? The whole city's
in an uproar over this thing,and I want you two to dig deep into this investigation
and bring me the best dirt you can! Whether it was the work of terrorists,or even if
it was just some careless goofball of an employee,I want us to have the story first
before any of the other papers send their reporters snooping around the scene,so get
on it!" As the two started for Louis' car, Louis said to Clara "I don't know about
you,my fair Clarybelle,but I know that "I'M" going to get a big scoop by nailing this
story first!" he teased. "Same old Louis and his wisecracks." Clara said half to
herself and half aloud with a smirk as they entered the vehicle.

The balding old man in a white lab coat looked over the pictures of the annihalated
power plant,then looked at the two bulky henchmen in front of him. "Excellent work,
gentlemen!You shall both be handsomley rewarded as promised." The old man reaced under
a table and produced several sacks of money. "You are welcome to 30% of the loot from
our last robbery." he said with a sinister grin. "30%?! That's not fair,boss! When are
we gonna start rakin' in the big potatoes?" One of the goons spoke up angrily. "When
you rid Metropolis of that flying nuiscence,Superwoman!" The elderly leader shouted.
"But boss,that's impossible! No one's been able to kill that broad!" The other henchman
replied nervously "Incorrect,gentlemen!We have yet to test my brilliant inventions of
destruction upon her!" The mad scienist said grimly!

"So,not one soul approached the plant while you were here on duty?" Louis asked night
watchman Portis McLaughlin as he interviewed him,taking down notes on his writing pad.
"Y-Yes,Th-There I was,going through my normal paces,checking that everything was running
smoothly,when all of a sudden the building starts shaking like there's an earthquake,
right? So I instinctively get away from the plant,and before you know it,the place
makes like the Hindenburg!" The watchman said while throwing his arms up for dramatic
effect. "Did you hear any strange sounds prior to this?" Louis inquired deeply. "Yeah,
it was a really high pitched whine,sort of like an airplane engine. Wait a minute,Mr.
Lane,do you think it was aliens?" said McLaughlin suspiciously. "No,Mr.McLaughlin, it
wasn't,don't be silly!" Louis said with good humor.As Clara made mental notes of the
story,she thought to herself, "If Louis and Pops here knew one was standing right here
with them,they'd both flip their lids!"

As the two headed back to the Planet,Louis turned to Clara and said, "You know,I don't
know if the chief will be satisfied with what I'm going to turn in. We still never found
out what caused that explosion." Clara smugly replied, "Who knows? Maybe it really was
aliens." Louis smiled at Clara and responded "Sure,at least it's a story!" Suddenly,
something caught Louis' eye "Clara,look! Over at the bank!" Clara turned her head in the
bank's direction just in time to see two men with a futuristic looking weapon, blasting
into the building.Louis immeadiatley slammed on the brakes which gave both him and Clara
a violent jolt in their seats. "Stay here,I'm phoning this in!" Louis said as he bolted
from the car,and headed for the nearest phone booth. Once inside Louis began to report
the robbery to the police when he saw the reflection of the robbers in one of the
booth's window's! A gasp tried to force it's way up Louis' throat,but he couldn't make
a sound. As he turned around,the piercing, angry eyes of one of the gruff robbers stared
back at him. "Alright snitch,You're coming with us!" the deep,angry voice said. Louis
put his hands up resignedly, "Okay,but please don't shoot!" As the criminals led Louis
out of the booth and into their waiting vehicle,Clara was watching the whole ordeal from
Louis' car, as the men began to drive away, Clara opened the passenger side door,and
looked at the receeding tail lights,a look of confidence came over her face,and with
that,Clara headed for a nearby alley saying in a powerful tone of voice "This looks like
a job for Superwoman!"

Once inside the alley,Clara removed her jacket,then stripped off her shirt and tie,she
unbuttoned her skirt and let it fall,she took off her shoes,then her glasses,before
undoing the bun behind her head and letting her hair down,Clara now stood revealed in
a tight blue outfit with red briefs,red boots,and a red cape flowing gently behind her.
On her chest,she wore a black shield-like crest with a red "S" in the middle which stood
on top of her proudly jutting bosom.Now Clara was dressed for action in her true
identity,as Superwoman! With a mighty leap,Superwoman took to the sky and began
searching the ground for the car with Louis and his abductors in it.

She spotted them just as they exited a tunnel,and swooped down closer.One of the crooks
noticed this and said "Hey Eddie,It's that Super Dame!" "Well, shoot her down!" Eddie
told his partner in crime. The thug took the future gun and aimed carefully at
Superwoman,and fired! Superwoman was stunned by the blast,and fell to the ground.
"Yeah! Got her!" The thug cheered. In the backseat,a bound blindfolded and gagged Louis
thought to himself: "No! They couldn't have killed her! I'm doomed unless I can get out
of this jam!" But Louis had nothing to fear,for Superwoman was already recovering from
the blast,trying to clear her head.

When Louis' blindfold was removed,he found himself in a storehouse of some sort with
the two goons who captured him and an elderly man in a lab coat and a wheelchair in
front of him,surrounded by surgical equipment. "Good evening,Mr.Lane." the old
gentleman began softly "I've seen by the contents of your wallet,that you are a
reporter for the Daily Planet,a quaint publication, I've read it off and on. It must
have been sweet Fate herself that had you try to phone in my associates who were busy
on an errand I had sent them on,for I have needed a young man such as yourself for an
experiment I have been divising for some time now.Mr. Lane,you will enter the Planet
offices after a brief leave of abscence,but you will not remember this,as it will be my
brain inside your youthful and healthy body. Mr. Lane,I suffer from both old age and an
incurable disease, from which I am slowly dying. So I will need your body to further my
pursuits." At this,Louis began to wildly squirm in the chair he had been tied to. "Oh,
please,Mr.Lane don't worry,my colleagues here have been well instructed by myself in the
art of transplant surgery,of which I am well versed." The man continued in a calm tone.
"You see Mr. Lane,my genius has surpassed all of humanity, I am THE ULTRA-HUMANITE!" the
man concluded with a shout that echoed off the building's entire interior.The man's
attitude became less easygoing. "And now that that accursed, so called Superwoman is out
of the way, I will be free to advance science by any means necessary!" Louis thought
to himself, "This geezer's mad!Superwoman,please hurry!"

Meanwhile, Superwoman has fully recovered from the blast and lept into the air, using
her Super-hearing to find any clue to where Louis might be. Seperating one sound from
the rest was quite a feat, but she finally mangaged to hear a soothing, elderly voice
saying, "Just relax Mr.Lane, and breathe deeply. You shall soon be in a state of
pleasure." Superwoman pinpointed the voice to a warehouse in the slums. Superwoman
landed in front of the window and glanced in the window, she saw Louis strapped to an
operating table, next to an old man, the two thugs were about to cut Louis' head open,
when she burst through the window. The old man sat up, shouting, "What the devil is..
Superwoman! I thought you imbeciles said that you killed her!" "We thought we did boss!"
Eddie responded fearfully, "Well kill her for sure this time!" The Ultra-Humanite
screamed. The thugs grabbed the guns, but Superwoman merely snatched them from their
grip and snapped them both in two without any effort. Then she took the two men by their
collars and threw them against the wall smashing them halfway through. She then took the
still unconcious Louis and threw him over her shoulder. "Stop right there,miss." the
Ultra-Humanite's voice called out, Superwoman looked across the building to see the evil
scientist with a bizarre looking helmet on his head, "For your information, Maiden of
Might, this weapon is the one that felled the power plant,It operates on brainwaves,
unfortunatley, it doesn't work on animate objects,but it will certainly work on this
building!" The Humanite concentrated deeply for a moment, then the building began to
shake!As Superwoman lunged for the scientist, a large piece of the roof fell between
them! As the building began to collapse, Superwoman was forced to forget him, and
instead leaped towards the two thugs. Crooking her arm around their waists like they
were a pair of dirty towels, lept out of the smashed window just as the building
imploded. After dropping the crooks off at prison and dropping Louis off in front of
the police station,Superwoman returned to the alley for her clothing,and after dressing
herself, returned to the station.

The headline in the Planet the next day read, "Ultra-Humanite's" Robberies Foiled!
Superwoman Vanishes Yet Again!" The byline read, Story By Clara Kent. "That was a
dirty trick Clara,nabbing that story while I was out of it!" Louis said in a huff as he
read the article in the office the two shared. "Hey relax Louis,instead of living to see
Your name featured in the story,you could have been listed in the obituaries." Clara
said smugly. "Well,I wasn't.Thanks to Superwoman!" Louis said gratefully. Clara turns
to us,smiles and winks.

THE END

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dr. Muttonchops
  • Dr. Muttonchops's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
27 Aug 2009 10:43 #16539 by yaracyrrah
Replied by yaracyrrah on topic Re: Superwoman in The Ultra-Humanite
Good work. Keep at it, and keep posting the results :-).

More
27 Aug 2009 14:48 #16541 by Dr. Muttonchops
Replied by Dr. Muttonchops on topic Re: Superwoman in The Ultra-Humanite

Good work. Keep at it, and keep posting the results :-).

Thanks! I'll try,If I get any other ideas that is. :D

• Dr. Muttonchops
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
27 Aug 2009 18:19 #16542 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: Superwoman in The Ultra-Humanite
Thanks, Dr. M! Reading your story, I actually felt that I was watching one of those classic cartoons. I could even hear that dramatic soundtrack in the background. I hope you're inspired to write more of these. Maybe you could tweak one of the actual cartoons -- "The Arctic Giant" or "Volcano" or "The Mechanical Monsters" ...

More
27 Aug 2009 19:35 #16544 by Dr. Muttonchops
Replied by Dr. Muttonchops on topic Re: Superwoman in The Ultra-Humanite

Thanks, Dr. M! Reading your story, I actually felt that I was watching one of those classic cartoons. I could even hear that dramatic soundtrack in the background. I hope you're inspired to write more of these. Maybe you could tweak one of the actual cartoons -- "The Arctic Giant" or "Volcano" or "The Mechanical Monsters" ...

Thanks for the compliment Argo! I didn't know this would even affect people like that! As for revamping the actual cartoons,I might try,but I don't think I could do much but repeat something a lot of people have already seen.Being that,I don't think I'm able enough to take the liberties that I could with a story that's not based on the cartoons or an original story. :wink:

• Dr. Muttonchops
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds