Amount

Superwoman in The Magnetic Telescope

08 Sep 2009 21:40 #16680 by Dr. Muttonchops
Superwoman in The Magnetic Telescope was created by Dr. Muttonchops
"Up in the sky,look!" "It's a bird!" "It's a plane!" "It's Superwoman!"

Faster than a speeding bullet! More powerful than a locomotive! Able to leap tall
buildings in a single bound! This amazing stranger from the planet Krypton! The Woman
of Steel,Superwoman! Posessing remarkable physical strength,Superwoman fights a never
ending battle for truth and justice! Disguised as a mild mannered newspaper reporter,
Clara Kent!

The giant magnet above the observatory turned to face the shimmering night sky.
Suddenly, the magnet began to glow and twin beams emitted from it as it began to slowly
drag a comet from the sky. In the streets below,crowds were watching the event,some
were even filming it with cameras they had brought.Inside the building of the
newspaper The Daily Planet,reporters Clara Kent and Louis Lane were gazing at the
occurance from a window as their Chief Editor Perry White walked in. "What do you
think of the professor's show now?" White asked. "I still think it's pretty dangerous
business." Louis said in a stuffy tone "Hope nothing goes wrong." Clara replied,but
as soon as these words left her lips a loud sound emitted from outside,as they turned
to look,the magnet stopped glowing and the comet plummeted to Earth,crashing through
the city streets and sending the people running for cover! The comet eventually
smashed it's way to the docks,where it fell into the ocean with a sizzle,as the
flames around it died.

The Headlines in the Planet the next day read "Magnetic Telescope Endangers City"
"Atstronomical Experiments Must Cease Says Mayor" "Flaming Comet In City Streets
Causes Panic"

Inside the observatory,Professor Everett Lonsdale was at the top of a flight of
stairs near the telescope addressing several police officers below,accompanying
the officers was Louis Lane writing down the conversation on his notepad. Lonsdale,
an elderly,bald scientist with dark glasses and a lab coat,spoke "And I've realized,
gentlemen that the safety of the public is of special import to you. Perhaps almost
as important to you as my ambitions are to me. But your request that I give up my
experiments,experiments which are the culmination of 30 years of dreaming and planning,
is impossible. Tonight,those dreams will become real. The comet of Falcon will be my
toy. Under my control,it will be brought to within a mile of us. Then,after a close
examination,I'll send it back again into space." One officer suddenly spoke up with
fury "Your tampering with nature endangers thousands of lives!" "Yes,and even at the
possible cost of those lives,I shall continue my experiment." The Professor casually
responded. "I warn you,Professor. We're prepared to stop you." The officer said,the
anger building on his face "And I warn you,sir. Any interference may prove disastrous."
Lonsdale said threateningly before walking back to the telescope. "Stop!" the lead
officer shouted as he and his men raced up the stairs after him. But the Proffesor
pulled a lever that put up a metal and glass barrier between the police and himself.
As the officers pounded on the glass,Lonsdale pulled another lever down to the "Foreward"
position,and the telescope hummed to life. The magnet at the top of the building turned
toward Falcon and began glowing and revealed it's powerful tractor beam. Lonsdale was
suddenly distracted by a loud banging noise,he turned to see to officers using a
battering ram to knock down the door to the dynamo room! Once inside, an officer threw
a metal rod inside the whirring dynamo and stopped it,as the lights in the room began to
flicker,Lonsdale took a microphone and spoke into it saying "Listen to me,you meddling
fools! Do you know that the pow..?" Lonsdale's voice was abruptly cut off as an officer
sliced through the power cables with an axe. The magnet stopped glowing as Lonsdale
continued to warn "Without that power,the comet is out of my control! The pull of
gravity will bring it crashing to Earth any minute! Stop! Do you hear?" realizing he
could not be heard,the Professor threw the microphone down and sat at the controls,
looking through the telescope. Upon seeing the Falcon comet smash through a meteor
and head for Earth,Lonsdale panicked as he tried in vain to open the barrier with
the lever,then he began to pound on the barrier with his hands. The meteorites
started smashing through the observatory and through the barrier,allowing the Professor
to get out. Upon exiting the room,a meteorite blasted a hole in the wall through which
the professor escaped,being chased outside by the officers. Louis attempted to follow
them,but then walked over to a nearby phone with a horrified expression on his face.

At the Planet building,Perry's phone rang and he picked it up "City editor." he said.
Back at the obsevatory,things were crashing around Louis as he tried to maintain his
composure,he said "Look chief,the panic's on. The thing's gone haywire." Suddenly,
a huge amount of debris fell on Louis,trapping him as he let out a scream! "Louis.
Louis,what happened? Louis!" Perry yelled into the reciever. Clara merely put on her
turban wrap and left the office,knowing she had to do something.

After hailing a taxi,Clara was riding towards the observatory when the driver suddenly
shouted "Look!" and swerved to the side of the road,just as a giant,glowing meteorite
crashed into the street in front of the cab. The driver got out and fled,Clara looked
out the window,then she removed her wrap,outer clothing and glasses, and undid her hair
bun,and opened the roof and stood up as Superwoman! Superwoman then flew skyward.

Upon landing at the hole in the observatory wall,she found Louis and rushed over to him
and took the debris off him. "Superwoman!" Louis said gratefully "Are you all right?"
Superwoman asked "Yes,at the moment,but.." Louis began,but Superwoman flew into the sky
before he could complete his sentence.Louis looked through the scope as Superwoman headed
for the comet,but was knocked back to Earth at the moment of impact! Meteorites continued
destroying cars,trains and bridges as Falcon continued on his deadly course with Earth!
But Superwoman wasn't about to let that happen! She again flew at the deadly cosmic
sphere,only to be sent sprialing back to the ground! This time she landed through the
observatory's glass ceiling in the dynamo room. Superwoman took the metal rod out of the
dynamo's gears,she then found a rope,and after wrapping it around the turbine,she gave
a mighty pull,and the machine hummed to life again! Superwoman then took the two ends
of the power cables and used her body as a conducter,letting the electricity pass
through her! Louis was at the telescope when he heard Superwoman's voice say "Mr. Lane!
The control!" Louis then switched the ray to "Reverse" and looked through the telescope
as the magnet powered up and pushed the comet back into the outer reaches of space!
As the room grew dark again,Louis walked up to Superwoman's silhouette saying "Oh,
Superwoman! You were wonderful!" in a thankful voice before kissing his heroine full on
the lips. A female voice then replied "You're pretty wonderful yourself."before she
flicked on the lights,revealing Clara in Superwoman's place! Louis asked in a
disappointed voice "Oh,how did you get here?" to which Clara cheerfully replied with a
chuckle "Thanks to Superwoman."

THE END

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dr. Muttonchops
  • Dr. Muttonchops's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds