Amount

Superwoman in The Mad Scientist

10 Sep 2009 00:56 #16694 by Dr. Muttonchops
Superwoman in The Mad Scientist was created by Dr. Muttonchops
"Up in the sky,look!" ."It's a bird!" "It's a plane!" "It's Superwoman!"

In the endless reaches of the universe,there once existed a planet called Krypton,
a planet that burned like a green star in the distant heavens.There,civilization
was far advanced and it brought forth a race of Superwomen and men,whose mental
and physical powers were developed to the absolute peak of human perfection.But
there came a day when giant quakes threatened to destroy Krypton forever.One of
the planets leading scientists,sensing the approach of doom,placed her infant
daughter in a small rocket ship,and sent it hurtling in the direction of Earth
just as Krypton exploded!The rocket ship sped through star-studded space,landing
safely on Earth with it's precious burden: Krypton's sole survivor. A passing
motorist found the uninjured child,and took her to an orphanage.As the years
went by and the girl grew to maturity,she found that she posessed amazing
physical powers! Faster than a speeding bullet! More powerful than a
locomotive! Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound! The infant of
Krypton is now the Woman of Steel: Superwoman! To best be in a position to
use her amazing powers in a never ending battle for truth and justice,
Superwoman has assumed the disguise of Clara Kent,a mild-mannered reporter
for a great metropolitan newspaper!

Inside Chief Editor Perry White's office,White held down a switch on his intercom
and said "Kent,I wanna see you. Just received another threatening note. "Okay,Mr.
White." came Clara's voice through the intercom. Perry's finger held down another
switch "Louis,another note from the Mad Scientist." "Coming in,chief." Louis' voice
responded. The three looked over the note on White's desk as Perry said "Now listen
to this warning. He plans to strike tonight." he then began to read from the note.
"Beware you fools! My Electrothanasia ray strikes tonight at 12! Total destruction
will come to those who laughed at me and failed to heed my warnings. Beware,I strike
at midnight!" Perry looked up and said "This nut may prove dangerous!" White turned
to Clara "Kent,you help Louis follow up his lead. He may have an angle on this thing."
"Yes,sir." Clara said eagerly "But Chief,isn't this a dangerous mission for a girl?
Besides,I'd like the chance to crack this story on my own." Louis interjected as Clara
shot him an angry look. "Well,now.." Perry began "Thanks,Chief." Louis interrupted
before rushing off. "But Louis!" Clara started to object before thinking to herself
"Too dangerous for me,huh? If he only knew..."

The engine of the small plane chugged away as Louis strapped on his cap and goggles,
before taking off into the night sky with the motor buzzing.

Under that very same sky on the outskirts of the city stood a tall,looming building
on top of a peak of rock. Inside one room,Professor Mortimer Collingwood sat in a
chair,his pet vulture Aristotle perched above him. Both were looking at a clock high
on the wall as it struck midnight! "The hour has come." the mad scientist said with
a chill in his voice as he rose from his chair and walked to the giant Electrothanasia
ray. Collingwood pushed levers and flicked dials as the mammoth machine hummed to life!
As Aristotle watched with glee,he heard a buzzing noise from outside,and turned in
horror to see Louis' plane flying outside the laboratory. The vulture went over to his
master's side and flapped his wings and squacked to get his attention. Collinwood,seeing
this,looked out the window as well and saw the plane landing. Angrily,the scientist
turned off the machine and headed downstairs to the front door with Aristotle in tow.
Louis got out of the plane and came up to the door,and knocked. Collingwood undid the
door's top latch,and Aristotle undid the bottom one. The door opened and Louis began
"I'm Louis Lane,a reporter for the.." Before Collingwood grabbed him and pulled him
inside. Louis screamed and struggled with the mad Professor,but it was no use,he was
overpowered. Aristotle latched the door and ascended the steps as Collingwood finished
tying up and gagging Louis saying "So,you want a story? I'll give you the greatest story
of destruction the world has ever known!" he told Louis menacingly,and Aristotle nodded
in agreement. Collingwood started up the ray again and after it sparked to life,a beam
of light emitted from it,which destroyed a bridge in mere seconds! Collingwood then
turned away from the machine's monitor saying in a crazed voice "How is that for a
story,Mister Lane?" before chuckling to himself as Louis watched helplessly.

At the Planet building,the workers were crowding around a radio on a desk as the
reporter on it spoke. "Flash! True to his threat,the Mad Scientist,whose warnings have
held the city in a grip of terror,went on his rampage of destruction on the stroke of
midnight! The deadly impact of his mysterious ray smashed the famous Tower Bridge,
hurling cars and pedestrians into the river below! The police have warned everyone to
remain in their homes!" Clara sat at her desk thinking "Time to show Louis what this
"Girl" is made of!" before saying to herself in a confident voice "This looks like a
job for Superwoman!" Clara walked discreetly into the stock room and closed the door,
once she turned on the light,she shed her outer clothing and her glasses and undid her
hair bun,before turning off the light and exiting the room as the powerful costumed
crusader,Superwoman! After checking that nobody was around,Superwoman walked over to a
nearby window and opened it,soaring out into the night!

Collingwood aimed the ray at his next target,the Daily Planet building! He fired the ray
at the building's foundation,the in the building went out and the horrified workers
attempted to run for their lives as the entire skyscraper toppled sideways! Superwoman
saw this,and flew back down to the city,where she landed on top of a nearby building
and used her amazing super strength to prevent the building from falling over! The
Maiden of Might then flew down to the Planet's base,where she put her miraculous
strength to work again,pushing the ray back to the lab! Upon seeing the Woman of Steel
on his monitor,Collingwood shouted in horror "It's Superwoman!" The mad scientist then
pulled a lever that increased the ray's power,which beat Superwoman to the ground. But
Superwoman immeadiately got back up and used her powerful punches to beat the ray back
once more! Collingwood pulled levers and turned knobs in a panic while screaming "I
don't believe it! She isn't human!" As Superwoman got right up to the ray's nozzle,
Collingwood pulled a lever that pushed the ray to full power! But it was still no match
for the amazing Superwoman! She twisted the nozzle into a knot with her bare hands! This
caused the pent up power in the machine to pop and burst into a mountain of flame!
Superwoman smashed inside just as Collingwood and Aristotle made their escape!
Superwoman flew down to Louis and untied and ungagged Louis and took him in her
arm before followed the two down the stairs as chunks of the machine rained down on
them! Arisotle fled one way as Collingwood attempted to flee in the other,but Superwoman
grabbed him in her other arm and took to the sky,just as the laboratory exploded with
a bang! Superwoman flew back down to Earth upon getting Louis to safety,she took
Collingwood to the police station and threw him into a cell before flying off again!

The headline in the Planet the next day read "Superwoman Captures Mad Scientist"
and under that "Superwoman Overpowers Mad Scientist And Saves City From Destruction"
"Superwoman Vanishes,Public Still Mystified. Superwoman's Identity Still A Mystery"

At Louis' desk Perry was shaking his hand,saying "Congratulations Louis! That was a
great scoop!" to which Clara responded "Yes Chief,thanks to Superwoman!" At Clara's
desk Clara turns to us with a confident smile and winks!

THE END

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dr. Muttonchops
  • Dr. Muttonchops's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds