Amount

Superwoman in Winter's Gambit

09 Oct 2009 04:13 #16956 by Dr. Muttonchops
Superwoman in Winter's Gambit was created by Dr. Muttonchops
Enjoy! :D

"Up in the sky,look!" "It's a bird!" "It's a plane!" "It's Superwoman!"

Faster than a speeding bullet! More powerful than a locomotive! Able to leap tall
buildings in a single bound! This amazing stranger from the planet Krypton! The Woman
of Steel: Superwoman! Posessing remarkable physical strength, Superwoman fights a never
ending battle for truth and justice! Disguised as a mild mannered newspaper reporter,
Clara Kent!

Ace reporters Clara and Louis exited a theater showing actress Delores Winters' latest
movie "Susie's Daydream". "Amazing how Miss Winters doesn't want to enjoy the success of
her latest film. That was terrific!" Louis said with a smile on his face. "Well,the note
she left behind said that she wanted to take some time off from showbiz." Clara stated.
"Oh well, I just hope she surfaces again very soon." Louis said with a sigh. "You're
really hung up on her, aren't you, Louis?" Clara asked plainly. "No,nothing like that,
Clarybelle. I just appreciate her talent is all." Louis said defensively.

The next day, Louis walked into the Daily Planet offices, only to run into copy girl,
Jenny Olsen, a cute, blonde and freckled girl with her hair done back in a ponytail. Jenny
had a broad grin on her face as she walked past him and whispered into his ear "Wait till
you see what's on your desk!" Louis couldn't believe it, what could possibly be on his
desk? Louis entered his office, only to see a bouquet of beautiful red roses laying on his
desk,with a note attached! The first thing that went through Louis' mind was "Jenny, that
silly girl! She doesn't know when to quit!" He approached the roses, and took them in his
hands, he froze when he read the note. Clara walked into the office she shared with Louis
and said to Louis as she passed him on the way to her desk "Oh, a pretty bouquet! Another
object of affection from Jenny?" she asked playfully. "She wants to meet me." Louis said
softly. "Who?" Clara nonchalantly queried. "Delores Winters" Louis said, with a quivering
voice. "What?!" Clara yelped, fixing her eyes on Louis and the flowers. "What does it
say?" she demanded. "Dearest Louis, I have read your extremely exiting columns and
stories for several years now, and have been so entranced with you that I simply must meet
you in person! Meet me at "The Whistling Canary Lounge" at 8:00. After that, we'll go
back to my place for a private chat. Love, Delores Winters". Louis read falteringly. "But
Louis, how do you know this isn't a trap?" Clara asked suspiciously. "No Clara, it
couldn't be a trap. This is probably just from the fan letter I sent her long ago. Relax."
Louis said reassuringly. "I still don't think you should go, it doesn't seem right to me."
Clara said warily. "Listen Clarybelle, don't let your jealousy take over this situation.
Listen, I've got to finish up my story, so I can get ready for my rendevous." Louis said,
beginning to work on his typewriter, as Clara furrowed her brow and crossed her arms with
frustration. "Looks like Louis is so star struck, he's lost his common sense. I better
keep an eye on him." she thought to herself.

Louis arrived at the "Whistling Canary" at 8:05. He approached the reservations desk and
asked the gentleman stationed there "Excuse me sir, my name is Louis Lane. Is anyone
expecting me?" "Why yes, sir. Right this way." The man led Louis to a dark area at the
back of the lounge, where a beautiful young woman in a black coat, her pitch black hair
tied up in a blue handkerchief, wearing a pair of sunglasses sat. "It's her!" Louis said
the instant he saw her. Her black beauty mark above her ruby red lips gave her away. "My,
my. Don't you know it's rude to keep a lady waiting, Mister Lane?" Delores asked sultrily.
"Uh.. M.. Miss Winters, I'm sorry to have kept you." Louis said apologetically. "It's no
problem, Mister Lane. Please have a seat." Delores said, indicating to the seat adjacent
to her. Louis took the seat with some hesitation. Meanwhile, at the other end of the room,
Clara sat at a table, with an untouched glass of water in front of her, staring at the two
as they talked. "So, how did you like the roses I sent you?" Delores asked while taking a
sip of her martini. "Oh, they w.. were utterly beautiful!" Louis replied. "Mister Lane, is
everything alright?" Delores asked. "Um.. ye.. yes, it's just not every day that I get to
speak to a.." Louis said as he lowered his voice to a whisper "famous movie star like you,
Miss Winters." Delores just smiled,bearing her white, flawless teeth and said "Don't
worry, Mister Lane, no one can recognize me in this little getup. And you may call me
Delores if you please." "Um.. very well, Delores. You can call me Louis." Louis said.
"Well, Louis. What do you say we get out of here and head over to my place." Delores said
forwardly. Louis broke out in a cold sweat and said "Your place? Why. s..sure." "Terrific,
I'll just pay for my drink and we'll leave." Delores then took a fifty dollar bill out of
her purse and put it on the table. Louis looked at it astonishedly,as Delores said "The
rest of it's a tip. Come, Louis dear, let us steal away." She said, taking Louis' hand,
then the two walked out of the lounge. Clara waited for them to walk out the door, she
then put money on her table and followed them. Outside, Clara saw the two get into a
waiting Limousine and drive off. She hailed a taxi, and upon entering said "Tail that
Limo, but do it inconspiculously." "Right, toots!" the driver enthuisiastically replied.
"This is the highlight of my night!" and they took off.

The Limo stopped at a large, luxiorious building in marble. "This is just a house I'm
renting while I'm visiting Metropolis. Why don't we step inside, Louis, and you can tell
me all about those amazing scoops you've obtained." Delores said as she and Louis entered
the building. The cab stopped outside the building after the two had entered, and Clara
got out and paid her fare, the driver said "Hey baby, you sure you don't need me to wait
for you?" "No, that's all right. I'll be fine." The cab drove off, and Clara walked up to
the house and used her X-ray vision to look inside, and saw Louis sitting on the couch,
and Delores, dressed in a black cocktail dress, free of her disguise at the minibar,
pouring Louis a stiff Bourbon on the rocks. She walked over to him and asked "How about a
drink, Louis dear? Hmm?" "Well, I usually don't drink, but, I wouldn't want to insult
your hospitality." Louis took a small sip of his drink, then he put it down and said
"There. That's enough for right now, Wouldn't want to overdo.." Louis' voice trailed
off, as he slumped in his chair. A wicked smile formed on Delores' face as she got up
from her seat and said into an intercom "Alright, he's ready, prep him!" Outside, Clara's
eyes widened in horror as several muscular men in medical scrubs walked into the room
a gurney. They put Louis on it and wheeled him into an adjourning room, made up like an
operating room. Delores said to the unconcious reporter in a cold tone "Sleep well Louis
darling, for this is a slumber from whence you will never awaken! As soon as my brain is
in your healthy male body, The Ultra-Humanite will finally be able to rule!" Outside,
Clara pondered to herself "The Ultra-Humanite? That's the old man I defeated a while ago,
so he's in Miss Winters' body now,is he? That explains her disappearance. But he's still
after Louis' brain, so there must be something wrong with hers as well. But this lunatic
picked the wrong brain to snatch! I'll see to it that he finally faces justice!" Clara's
face carried a dutiful expression of pride on it as she said to herself "This looks like
a job for Superwoman!" Clara then went behind a fountain and took off her glasses and
let down her hair, she then stripped off her outer clothing revealing her Superwoman
costume! Superwoman busted the door down and went in, as an alarm sounded.

As the Humanite's men were prepping him, they heard the alarm, and suddenly Superwoman
burst through the wall into the room. "Superwoman!" the Humanite exclaimed. "Get her!"
The men grabbed the biggest and sharpest instruments they could, and charged at the Woman
of Steel. But as the instruments jabbed her, they merely crumpled against her body!
Superwoman then grabbed the men and tossed them aside, then turned her attention to the
Ultra-Humanite. "I thought you'd arrive to save your precious Louis, Superwoman! That's
why I brought this fail-safe!" he held up a remote like device. "This is an invention of
my own. It has the ability to shut down any engine." Suddenly, a roaring occured
overhead "Like that plane's overhead!" The madman pushed the device's red button and the
plane's engine began to sputter! "You can't rescue your reporter friend and the people on
that plane at the same time, Woman of Steel! So choose!" With that, Superwoman grabbed
the top of the Humanite's dress, and lifted him up off the ground "What are you doing?!"
The Humanite shrieked. At the same time, Superwoman grabbed Louis off the gurney, and
threw him over her shoulder. She grabbed the henchmen by their collars with the same hand
that was holding the Ultra-Humanite, and with a mighty leap, took to the sky! The pilots
desperately tried to regain their altitude, when suddenly, Superwoman grabbed the
underbelly of the plane with her free hand and staightened it! The Maiden of Might flew
with the massive jet on her outstretched palm until she reached the airport. there she
set the massive plane down with ease, before taking to the sky again!

The headline in the Planet the next day read "Superwoman Rescues Planet Reporter From
Madman In Starlet's Body! Safely Lands 747!" "Story By Clara Kent" In the office Clara
and Louis shared, the two were looking over that day's edition, when Louis said "I still
can't believe that Delores Winters has that awful scientists brain inside her!" "I think
the public feels the same way, Louis." Clara said. "So, now that you're safe and sound
again, how about dinner tonight, at my place? " "Sorry Clara, but Superwoman's the only
woman for me!" Louis said. Clara turns to us with a smirk, pulls her glasses down, and
winks!

THE END

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dr. Muttonchops
  • Dr. Muttonchops's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
09 Oct 2009 18:42 #16960 by JKIJ
Replied by JKIJ on topic Re: Superwoman in Winter's Gambit
This is an enjoyable sequel to your first story. I hope you continue to come up with ideas.

More
09 Oct 2009 18:56 #16961 by Dr. Muttonchops
Replied by Dr. Muttonchops on topic Re: Superwoman in Winter's Gambit
Thanks, I'll try! :D

• Dr. Muttonchops
  • Dr. Muttonchops's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
09 Oct 2009 22:55 #16965 by yaracyrrah
Replied by yaracyrrah on topic Re: Superwoman in Winter's Gambit
Good show.

More
Time to create page: 0.045 seconds