Amount

Sinbad Jr. In Sinbad's Bonny Lass

15 Oct 2009 20:57 #16998 by Dr. Muttonchops
Sinbad Jr. In Sinbad's Bonny Lass was created by Dr. Muttonchops
Hello Everyone! This story was based on a suggestion by Zespara. Just to give everybody a
bit of backstory, this was an animated series in the 60's about The son of Sinbad, who
posessed a magic belt which made him muscular and gave him the strength of 50 men and
flight when he tightened it. His sidekick was green parrot in sailor's clothes named Salty.
Enjoy! :D

The sea was as calm and gentle as a mother's embrace as Sinbad Jr. and Salty cruised the
ocean looking for adventure. Suddenly, Salty's eyes bugged out, as he saw a life raft
floating aimlessly in their vicinity. "Rawwk! Sinbad! Sinbad! There's someone in trouble!"
he called out. "Don't worry, Salty! I see it!" Sinbad Jr. replied, before jumping into the
ocean, and swimming out to the raft, before bringing it's occupant aboard his ship. Upon
lying the person on the floor, Salty said with a pitying tone "Rawwk. Poor boy, who knows
how long he's been out there." "Maybe if I take off his hat, he'll feel some relief."
Sinbad said. But as Sinbad Jr. took the stranger's hat off, a beautiful head of long
red hair tumbled out! "Rawwk! Golly, Sinbad! He's a she!" Salty shouted. Indeed, the young
lady was wearing a boy's shirt and pantaloons, her belt was adorned with a fancy looking
buckle similar to Sinbad's. Salty's shout awoke her, she groggily looked around, and upon
seeing the two in her line of vision lept to her feet, and pulled a cutlass from a sheath
and pointed it towards them, saying threateningly "Alright, scurvy dogs! You better not
have tried anything!" "Woah! Easy, Miss. We did nothing of the sort." Sinbad assured her.
"Alright lads, how did I get here?" the young lady demanded. "You were adrift in a life
boat, so I rescued you!" Sinbad explained "Ha! Rescued nothing! I was just taking a nap,
waiting to hit land when you hooligans interrupted me!" the young lady shot back. "Rawwk!
That's enough! Sinbad did somethin' noble for you, and you haven't shown him a hint of
gratitude! Just who are you anyway?" Salty asked aggresively "Glad you asked, you loud
mouthed bird brain! I'm Sarah Bonny, daughter of Anne Bonny!" the girl responded proudly.
"Rawwk! Anne Bonny? You mean that female pirate?" Salty asked in a startled voice. "That's
right, featherhead!" Sarah taunted Salty. "Wait a minute, Miss Bonny. How did you come to
be in a life raft anyway?" Sinbad asked "How? I'll tell you how! Some pirates attacked the
ship I was on! I escaped before they came aboard, but when they were done looting the
boat, they torched and sank it!" Sarah said "I was the only one who got out alive!"
"That's terrible Miss Bonny, you'll be safe with us." Sinbad said sympathetically.
"Rawwk! Land Ho!" Salty suddenly called out. "Excellent! An island! Perhaps we can find
something to eat there!" Sinbad said enthusiastically.

Once on the beautiful tropical isle, Sinbad said to Sarah "Right now, I'd better get out
of these wet clothes, You'd better do the same. Here, I'll give you some of my spare
clothes to wear." Sinbad said, handing some clothes to Sarah. "Alright, but don't look!"
Sarah warned as she began to undress. After she had put on Sinbad's spare clothing, she
grabbed Sinbad's magic belt, believing it was hers, and put it on! After Sinbad finshed
dressing himself, he did the same thing with Sarah's belt. The two got to talking and
Sinbad asked Sarah "So, Sarah, Just why were you dressed up like a boy when I rescued
you?" "Oh, Well, I was trying to avoid any potential suitors that may have been aboard
the ship I was on. My parents are always trying to fix me up with some boy." Sarah said
solemnly. "Oh, I see." Sinbad said with a smile.

The pirate's ship was not far from the island when the Captain, a nearly seven foot tall
brawny, bearded seadog named Andrew "Shackles" Byrne. "You sure that there was someone on
that life boat, Mr.Flynn?" Byrne asked his first mate. "Aye, Cap'n. I would stake my
very life on it." Flynn responded. "Good, because if I find out that you're mistaken,
I'll be more than happy take you up on your offer." Byrne said coldly and flashed his
yellow, rotten teeth in a twisted grin. Flynn merely gulped and said "Y-yes Cap'n."
"Land Ho!" The lookout called, pointing to the island. Douglas Collins, a dimwitted
crewman joined the other two men on the bow. "Well, if anyone did survive our little raid
on that ship, they'd most likely end up there. So if we do find someone there.." Byrne
began before Collins interrupted "We light the island on fire and sink it!" trying to
finish his Captain's sentence. Captain Byrne promptly brought his closed fist down on
Douglas' head, sending him to the floor.

On the island, Salty noticed the pirate boat lay it's anchor and saw the pirates coming
towards the isle in a rowboat. "Rawwk! Sinbad, there's some unfriendly lookin' characters
comin' right this way!" Sinbad looked through his telescope and saw the men heading for
their area. "You're right, Salty! They look like pirates to me!" he said. Suddenly, Sarah
grabbed the telescope, saying "Give me that thing!" frantically, looking through the lens,
she said "Why, those are the ruffians who pillaged and sank the ship I was on!" She then
said with righteous fury in her voice "Let them come! I'll run them through!" As the
pirates came ashore, Sinbad said "No time! We have to seperate, to deal with them
seperately!" "Alright!" Sarah responded, as the two split up, Salty followed Sinbad as
the pirates chased after both of them. "Rawwk! Hurry Sinbad, show these guys who's boss!"
Salty said. "Right, Salty!" Sinbad responded. Sinbad tightened his belt, but nothing
happened! "What?! That's impossible!" Sinbad said in a shocked voice, before he and Salty
were grabbed by the pirates! Meanwhile, the pirates were getting close to Sarah, when she
felt her pants start to slip downward "Oh,no! If these things slip down to my ankles, I'll
never be able to outrun these hooligans!" Instinctively, she tightened the belt. Suddenly,
Sarah felt a temendous amount of power building up inside of her! She stopped running
as lightning bolts struck around her! Then, Sarah's upper torso began forming powerful
looking muscles! Soon, her appearance was that of a bodybuilder's dream, as her body
bulged with pure might! The pirates stopped dead in their tracks at this sight and
cowered in fear at the sight of her. "Amazing! I feel such power! This never happened to
me before, though. So, Sinbad was hiding a secret from me apparently! That wasn't very
nice of him." She then turned to the terror stricken pirates and asked them "Okay, who's
first?" in a cheerfull voice. The fearful pirates turned tail and ran, but Sarah was right
behind them, when she suddenly felt weightless, she looked downwards to see that she was
floating off the ground! "I can fly as well? Incredible!" She said almost breathlessly,
before she soared into the air, she then swooped down and grabbed the men by their collars
and went off looking for Sinbad and Salty.

As for where Sinbad and Salty were, they were tied to wooden stakes as Captain Byrne and
some of his men sneered at them "So, any minute now, the rest of me men should be bringin'
your little lassie friend of yours, and then we'll have a little bonfire." he snickered.
"Yeah, with lots of singing and dancing!" Collins added happily, before being conked on
the head with Byrne's unlit torch. All of a sudden, Mr.Flynn asked Byrne "Cap'n! What's
that thing comin' towards us?" "By the Saints! It looks like a flyin' lass carrying me
men!" Byrne said, shocked. "That's exactly what it is, you buffoon!" Sarah replied
triumphantly as she landed and dropped the pirates she was holding. "Sharah!" Sinbad cried
out for joy. "Just a minute, darlin'. I've got to attend to this riff-raff." She said
reassuringly. "String her up, laddies!" Byrne commanded. But as the men charged at Sarah
with rope and swords, she merely uppercut each of them, knocking them unconcious into the
palm trees that surrounded the island. When she came to Captain Byrne, he drew his sword
and thrust it at Sarah, but she snapped the weapon in half with her bare hands! Byrne
smiled nervously and pulled a pair of biofocals from his pocket and placed them on his
face, asking Sarah nervously "You wouldn't hit a man with biofocals on, would you,
lassie?" Sarah smirked and gave the swashbuckler a punch which catapaulted him into the
sky! She then saw that there was one left standing, Collins. His knees were knocking with
fear as he said to her "That's alright Ma'am! I'll take care of it for you!" taking his
torch and hitting himself on the head as hard as he could! He fell to the ground out cold.
Sarah just shrugged and walked over to Sinbad and Salty and snapped their ropes off with
no effort. "Thanks Sarah! I guess we got the wrong belts. Now if I could just have it
back.." Sinbad began, when Sarah suddenly interrupted him "Give it back?! Are you kidding?
I now have powers beyond my comprehension, and you want to strip me of them? Never! I have
the powers now, so from now on I'm Captain of your ship! Got that?!" she reprimanded.
"Um.. Ye-yes Ma'am." Sinbad and Salty timidly replied. "Good!" Sarah said kindly. "Now as
for these scallywags, let's see how THEY like being stranded for a change!" Sarah grabbed
the pirates' rowboat and flew it back to their ship and put it inside, she then hovered
close to the ships' hull and punched a large hole into it with her fist! The ship slowly
sank, as Sarah flew back to Sinbad and Salty and said to them "Well lads, shall we push
off?"

Soon, the three were out to sea again. Sinbad turned to Salty and said "You know what,old
friend? I don't think I'll mind Sarah as our Captain at all." Salty grimaced and said
"Rawwk! I'm still not crazy about this whole thing!" Hearing this, Sarah shot Salty an
angry glance and said "Say, Sinbad, I'm kind of hungry. What do you say we whip up a
little parrot fricasse?" "Rawwk! Oh no! Not that! Anything but that!" Salty pleaded. Sarah
and Sinbad just put their arms around each other and laughed as the ship sailed on into
the calm dusk sky.

THE END

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dr. Muttonchops
  • Dr. Muttonchops's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 Oct 2009 20:30 #17012 by JKIJ
Replied by JKIJ on topic Re: Sinbad Jr. In Sinbad's Bonny Lass
I'm not remotely familiar with the series, but I did find this an enjoyable little story. I'd probably want to get rid of the parrot too if I was in Sarah's shoes.

More
17 Oct 2009 02:32 #17014 by Dr. Muttonchops
Replied by Dr. Muttonchops on topic Thanks!
Thanks, JKIJ! Glad you liked it! I would also want to get rid of Salty!

• Dr. Muttonchops
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 Oct 2009 17:23 #17022 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: Sinbad Jr. In Sinbad's Bonny Lass
I'd never heard of this cartoon either. I found the intro at youtube:

It looks pretty cheesy, but then so were most other cartoons of that vintage.

Another fun little story from dr. m. Young Sinbad seems kind of complacent in letting Sarah keep the belt without an argument -- especially for a pre-adolescent boy who probably thinks girls have cooties. I guess he's on his way to becoming one of us!

The idea of a "super pirate girl" has lots of possibilities, so I'd welcome a sequel!

More
18 Oct 2009 19:59 #17023 by Dr. Muttonchops
Replied by Dr. Muttonchops on topic Thanks Again!
Well, Sinbad just seemed to me like the type that respects women. Plus with muscles like hers, there wouldn't be much point to an argument. :)

Anyway, glad you liked it Argo! :D As for a sequel, I'm not sure. This always seemed like a one-shot to me, but I'll think about it! :D

• Dr. Muttonchops
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 Oct 2009 20:19 #17024 by Dr. Muttonchops
Replied by Dr. Muttonchops on topic Another Idea
I've also just found out that an episode of the cartoon "Young Samson and
Hercules" is available on the DVD collection "Saturday Morning Cartoons: 1960's Vol.2". Since Zespara also desired that this cartoon get the superwoman treatment, I considered looking into adapting it. But I'm not sure if I should. So, if anyone else wants to do it, please be my guest! :)

• Dr. Muttonchops
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 Oct 2009 23:54 #17029 by yaracyrrah
Replied by yaracyrrah on topic Re: Sinbad Jr. In Sinbad's Bonny Lass
A supergirl can revitalize even the stupidest old cartoon. Thanks!

More
19 Oct 2009 01:12 #17031 by Dr. Muttonchops
Replied by Dr. Muttonchops on topic No Prob!
No Prob! Happy to!

• Dr. Muttonchops
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds