Amount

Superwoman in Showdown

06 Feb 2010 05:51 #18179 by Dr. Muttonchops
Superwoman in Showdown was created by Dr. Muttonchops
Hi everyone! Just another Superman cartoon remake I wanted to share with you all! Enjoy! :D

"Up in the sky, look!" "It's a bird!" "It's a plane!" "It's Superwoman!"

"Faster than a streak of lightning! More powerful than the pounding surf! Mightier than a
roaring hurricane! This amazing stranger from the planet Krypton! The Woman of Steel:
Superwoman! Posessing remarkable physical strength, Superwoman fights a never-ending battle
for truth and justice! Disguised as a mild mannered newspaper reporter, Clara Kent!"

The night clerk began to perspire as he nervously worked at the combination to the safe as
the beam of a flashlight shone on him. The woman in the blue leotard with the large red "S"
on her chest frowned with impatience as she held the flashlight on him. Why was she doing
this? The clerk wondered. What would she do to him if he couldn't get it opened in time?
He didn't even want to think about it. Then a click came to his ear, as he heard the lock
inside come undone! Thank Heavens! He thought, as he opened the small steel door. His mind
then went blank as Superwoman brought the metal flashlight down hard on the clerk's skull!
She then began to snatch the money from the vault! Later, a clerk behind a cashier's counter
was counting the bills, when Superwoman came to the window and scooped the money into the
crook of her arm before making off into the night to the night to the clerk's shock and
horror! Then, the caped woman came up to the front of the "Johns Bros. Jewelers" before
punching the window in, and stealing two handfulls of jewels!

In his luxiorious terrace, top gangster Sal Carbone, an overweight man with short black hair,
dressed elegantly in a black tux, was playing a game of golf with some books as leverage,
and his grey fedora as the hole. Sal scored a perfect hole in one. He wasn't too suprised,
he had been working on his game all week, it was bound to pay off. Then, Carbone's Moll,
Darla, dressed in the Superwoman snuck up to the window as Sal retrived his ball from the
hat, he then took notice of her. "Hello, Darling. It's about time you showed up." he
nonchalantly greeted her. "Come on, come on, hand it over." Carbone said impatiently,while
making a demanding motion with his hand. "Okay, Sweetheart. Here it is." Darla said
affectionately, handing Carbone a brown satchel with a smile. Carbone inspected it's
contents, holding up an expensive pearl necklace to the lamp on his desk. Darla lounged
in a red chair, taking a long drag off a cigarette, and exhaling the smoke into the air.
"This is a swell racket, Doll." she said appreciatively "And this Superwoman outfit, it
works like a charm." She said, pointing to the leotard on her body. As Sal looked over from
counting the loot Darla had brung back, he noticed a Five Dollar bill sticking out of her
red briefs. Carbone walked over to Darla, snatched the five from her, and took a swing at
her with his golf club, it missed, but Darla and the chair tumbled on their sides. "Gee,
Doll, it was only a fin." she said apologetically. "Next time it'll be a Mickey Finn."
Carbone replied in a calm, yet threatening manner, as he re-adjusted his crooked club.

The next morning all the papers had the story on the headlines, The Bulletin read "Superwoman
Commits Series of Crimes" The Morning Star reported "Dragnet Spread For Superwoman" with
the sub headline "Police on Alert". The copy of the Daily Planet that reporter Louis Lane
held in his hands read "Friend Turns Foe" Louis read the headline aloud to himself before
responding "Why that's ridiculous. It couldn't be Superwoman. What do you make of it,
Clarybelle?" Louis asked fellow reporter Clara Kent, who was standing next to his desk.
"Hey, you two." Copygirl Jenny Olsen addresed both of them. "The editor wants you to cover
the opera tonight." She said, passing by Louis' desk, and tossing a couple of tickets on it.
"And don't forget, it's formal." She added, pulling on the fancy ribbon on her blouse.
"Good. Now I have an excuse to wear that new tux I just bought." Louis said to Clara.
Clara was adjusting the collar of her shirt.

Hours later, Clara, wearing a nice looking blue dress, sitting in an opera box with Louis,
dressed in a tuxedo, was adjusting her collar again, as she tried to listen to the singer
pour his heart out onstage. She had wanted to wear something like a shoulderless gown to
wear on a hot, summer night such as this, but that would risk exposing some of her costume,
and she didn't want to be caught without it, in case of an emergency.

The jewelery on the women who were observing the show twinkled like stars in the Heavens
as the Darla in the Superwoman costume went up the steps, she watched for any signs of
detection, and after confirming she was safe, went through the curtains of a balcony seat.
She snuck up on a middle aged woman who was watching the performance through a pair of
opera glasses, she reached to the back of her neck, and swiftly undid her diamond necklace
and quickly manuvered it off her neck. She then moved to the next balcony, and without being
detected, snatched an old man's pocket watch.

In the balcony the reporter's were lounging in, Clara had fallen asleep in her seat, as
Louis looked at her affectionately. Darla, meanwhile was sneaking up on another woman,
and as she began to remove her necklace from her. The woman, then reached to feel for it,
and upon feeling it slip off her neck and she instictively screamed as she turned to see
what looked like Superwoman exiting through the curtain behind her. This startled Louis,
who left the balcony to investigate. As he left of the curtain, he bumped right into
Darla! As they began to struggle, the noise awoke Clara and she got up from her seat.
Louis had just torn of the edge of Darla's cape as she fled for the stairs to the roof.
Louis looked at the piece of cloth in his hand and remembered the red "S" symbolon the
perpetrator's chest as he said to himself "It is Superwoman!" before heading to a phone.
Clara stepped through the curtain and followed Darla.

Darla reached the rooftop entrance and nervously looked about before walking towards the
edge. In the roof's doorway, Clara smirked in a confident manner as she said assuredly to
herself "Well, my double's in for some trouble." She then began to strip of her stuffy
dress as the door closed behind her.

Darla peeked over the roof's edge as she stared at the crowd that began to form below.
several police cars pulled up. An officer stepped out and shone a spotlight at her terrfied
face, blinding her for a moment. A police whistle blew shrilly as a frightened Darla
retreated toward the rooftop door, but upon opening it, she came face to face with the
real Superwoman, standing stoicly in her way! Superwoman had a look alone that could bend
steel as Darla backed away in fear. The criminal imposter then pulled a black pistol from
her waistband and opened fire! Superwoman just stood valiantly with her hands on her hips,
not budging one iota, as the bullets bounced off her muscular yet slender body! Darla just
stared in disbelief, she had heard stories of bullets not being able to harm Superwoman, but
she had never believed any of them, until now, when she was experiencing it first hand!
She took aim, and fired a couple more shots at the Maiden of Might, as Superwoman began to
threateningly walk foreward, the intimidating look still on her face. Suddenly, Darla's
weapon ran out of ammunition as she shook it in dire desperation as the Woman of Steel
marched foreward. Darla backed away again in utter terror, then in desperation, she hurled
her pistol at Superwoman, but to no avail, as the gun, like the bullets inside of it,
bounced off of Superwoman's quite ample chest! Now, Darla desperatly tried to plead with the
approaching Woman of Tomorrow. "Now, wait a minute Miss Superwoman. You got me all wrong.
It ain't me, honest. It ain't me, it's the boss! He made me do it!" she said as she continued
to back up. Superwoman didn't seem to be listening, the look of cold fury still engraved on
her face as she continued to advance toward her imposter. Darla persisted in begging for
mercy. "Oh, take it easy, will you, Miss Superwoman? Give me a chance, I'll come clean, I'll
talk. Honest, I'll talk! Don't touch me!" she stammered as her cape caught on a steam pipe,
coming off her shoulders, causing her to stagger to the roof's edge, and fall off! As the
terrified people looked on, suddenly, Superwoman flew ahead of the falling Darla, and landed,
catching the imposter and flying skywards with her! Louis looked on with wonder, saying "I
knew there was more to this story!" before joining several police, as they got into a squad
car, and sped off. Up in the heavens, Superwoman soared downward toward the outskirts of
the city, a frightened Darla still in her clutches.

At his desk, Carbone continued to inspect a beautiful gold and diamond studded necklace,
when Superwoman flew in through the window, she uncerimoniously cast Darla aside, and stood
in front of Carbone, with her face obscured by the darkness. Carbone mistook her for his
arm candy and asked in a pleasant voice "Well Darling, did you enjoy the opera?" Superwoman
gave no response. "What's the matter, stupid? Did you loose your tongue?" Carbone asked,
irritation seeping into his voice. Again, Superwoman did not reply. Don't stand there like
a dummy, give me the jewels!" Carbone ordered. Again only silence. "Are you trying to double
cross me?!" Carbone said with fury as he picked up the his nine iron to strike her, only
to have it ripped out of his hand by the woman's amazing strength! "Why you.." Carbone
began, as he lifted the lamp on his desk to use as another weapon, but as the light hit his
assailant's face, he realized it was a very different woman staring at him, smirking. In the
distance, Darla pointed out with a whisper "Hey, Doll, that's Miss Superwoman!" Fear suddenly
gripped the overweight gangster as he nervously muttered "Well.. I, uh, didn't expect to see
YOU here!" before pushing a button in front of the desk, this released a trap door, which
sent a suprised Superwoman plummeting underground!

As she fell, Superwoman grabbed onto a small bit of rock, which quickly gave way! She then
grabbed onto a sturdier one, before she could hit the roaring current of water below! Up
above, Carbone and Darla were moving Carbone's desk on top of the trap door, as below,
Superwoman quickly scaled the rocks to reach it. As Carbone loaded the jewels into a bag,
the desk began to shake violently as Superwoman began to force her way up through the trap
door! The two reacted in horror as Darla grabbed the lamp, and Carbone grabbed the jewels
and fled. Darla attempted to place the lamp back on the vibrating desk, but gave up and
placed it on the floor, before joining her employer. Superwoman smashed through the desk
and the floor as the crooks made their way out a secret door with a gate, Superwoman tore
the door apart, but when she grabbed the gate, a surge of electricity went through her! But
what would have killed a normal human being had no effect on the Maid of Might! She grabbed
the gate a second time, and ripped it off it's hinges, and followed them! In a dank cellar
area, the two were going through a giant safe door, when Superwoman spotted them! Darla
closed the massive and heavy door! As Superwoman approached it, and began to force it open,
Darla was cutting through one of the walls with an acetylene torch, as Carbone said in a
hushed tone "Come on, hurry it up!" as he filled the bag with most of his loot he had stashed
away. The two then got into their car and sped down a dirt hill and around a bend,
unbeknownst to them, the police car cotaining Louis and the officers in it was barreling
down the same road!

As Superwoman easily forced the safe door open, she saw where the wall had been cut through,
she stepped outside, and with a mighty leap, took to the sky!

Meanwhile, as the two vehicles came around the same bend, and saw they were about to collide
with one another, they slammed on their brakes, but it seemed to be too late. When Suddenly,
Superwoman came swooping out of the sky, and stopped both cars with her bare hands! As
Darla and Carbone attempted to make their escape, Superwoman lept to them and grabbed them,
lifting them both off the ground! "Oh, next time YOU play Superwoman!" Darla said angrily to
her boss, as the Woman of Steel handed them over to the police, then took to the sky, just
as Louis went over to have a word with her.

At the Planet office, Clara, back in her dress, was apparently asleep in her chair, when
Louis burst in saying excitedly "Boy, Have I got a story!" Then turning his attention to
Clara, asked "What's the matter, bright eyes? The opera get you down?" Clara just replied
in a sullen voice "No, just been dreaming I was Superwoman." "Hmm, Fine Superwoman you'd
make." Louis scoffed. "Well, I can dream, can't I?" Clara replied. She then turns to us,
smiles and winks!

THE END

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dr. Muttonchops
  • Dr. Muttonchops's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
07 Feb 2010 12:21 #18191 by JKIJ
Replied by JKIJ on topic Re: Superwoman in Showdown
Having just watched the original, it seems to me you did do it justice in the adaptation. Thanks for sharing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.043 seconds