Amount

Cos-play

15 Feb 2010 18:26 #18247 by Woodclaw
Cos-play was created by Woodclaw
Before starting a little note. This story was meant to be a stand alone story, but I left various elements open for anybody who feel interested. If anyone want to write something out of it, please contact me.

Plus this is my first attempt at first person stories, so please gave me some feedback.

And now on with the show.

Cos-play

By Anon

Everything started in quite a silly way, it was Frank to 'come out' first, we have been together for more than two years now and for some reason he thought it was a good time to tell me. One evening after a great movie night he started talking with me about strong women. At first I thought he was speaking about athletes – which I kind of understand having a bit of a girl crush for Dara Torres myself – but, after a while, the describe feats of strength started to became more and more outrageous and I slowly realized that he was talking about super heroines. I felt a bit jealous – which sounds quite silly but – even if I’m no slouch myself – I was obviously millions of light years far from his dream girls.

At first I tried to dismissed the idea as childish but harmless – I mean there are people who collect Transformers even if they are in their 30s, I myself still have my stuffed Snoopy from when I was 5 displayed in my bedroom – but more I thought about it more I started to see what he meant, there was a definite erotic potential. That night I even dreamed about being Supergirl…

For about a week or so the idea spun in my head, until it stroke me, Frank’s birthday was about a month and half ahead, and our third anniversary it was just a few days later – he always joked that I was the best present he ever received – so why not to make this really special. With this idea in my mind I started surfing the net, looking for a good super costume. Maybe I’m a bit of a perfectionist, but the bulk of what I saw didn’t convince me at all, they looked cheap, the fabric looked weak and the texture all wrong; and there was no chance to persuade me to buy something from a local dressmaker’s. So I stumbled upon an eBay seller called DressMaker7, according to their eBay page they were an England based company that manufactured made to measure costumes. I take a look at their catalogue and, while the prices were a little high, the clothes looked very well made, sturdy, well designed and extremely well crafted. Suspecting a kind of cheat I reviewed the feedback, while they didn’t have a super-high feedback score, all the categories were rated 5 stars and the replies are nothing short of enthusiastic.

‘Greatest manufacture in the world.’

‘I got 1000% of what I paid for.’

‘Great extras.’

‘A definite top seller’

And so on. Just to get a little more perspective I contacted some of these eBayers to have some first hand impressions. And I got them, a whole lot of excellent reviews, all by women. I tried a long shot and wrote a couple of them asking why and what kind of costume they ordered. So I discover my idea was hardly unique and other women had ordered super heroines costumes – one even went for a Wonder Woman costume complete with all the accessories.

Pretty reassured I contacted them, first by e-mail then by phone.

“Dress Maker 7 ltd. How can I help you?” the company secretary had a throaty low voice, hardly unpleasant, but strange.

“I’m looking for a costume but it’s not in your online catalogue, so I was wondering if you can make it specifically.”

“Wait a moment please. I’ll put you through.”

30 seconds of cheesy music after I hear the voice of an old man with a heavy British accent. “Hello, this is production department. How can I help?”

I was growing more and more embarrassed by the second, I felt almost like I was talking of my secret fetish with someone I never actually met. “Ehrr… I was looking for a… a costume… a super heroine costume, that… that isn’t in your online catalogue. So I was wondering if…”

“Oh, yes, I understand. The catalogue is just a set of samples, madam. All our products are custom made based upon the requests of the individual customer. Which costume are you looking for?”

I don’t know if it was the polite tone, the British accent or something else entirely, but his answer made me feel a lot more comfortable, so I went on. “I saw a sort of black and silver version of Supergirl’s costume. I really like the color combination, so I was hoping you can make that.”

“Ah yes, the so-called ‘Evil Supergirl’ costume, a slightly uncommon request but hardly a complex one. On which version of the Supergirl costume do we have to work?”

It sounded a little strange that a man which I believed being in his 50s made such a question, “I beg your pardon.”

“Under normal circumstances we apply the colours to the so called ‘New Supergirl’ design, but we can easily apply them on one of the other designs, like the ‘Classic Supergirl’.”

“The ‘New’ is the one with the exposed belly, right?” I know Frank had a thing for my bellybutton, and I was quite proud of my abs too.

“Yes, it is.”

“Then I’m fine with that.”

“Very well, madam. Now, I apologize for my rudeness, but I need your measurements.”

“My what!?!”

“As I said, madam, all our products are custom made so we need to know your exact measurement in order to craft the costume. If you are more comfortable I can send you a spreadsheet to you e-mail address. But in that case I must warn you that it must be returned in two working days, otherwise you order will be placed at the bottom of the list.”

I thought for a minute, as polite and accommodating this man was I wasn’t going to gave him my vitals on a phone conversation. “I prefer the sheet, if you don’t mind.”

“Very well, I’ll send it as soon as possible.”

Well it was really fast in about 3 hours I received an attached file with a very long and articulated spreadsheet. The first part was the expected vitals request: height, weight, B-W-H, body type, shoe size etc. What really surprised me was the second part, a bunch of medical data, like known allergies or past skin diseases, apparently for choosing the kind of material, but to me it looked a little too in-depth. Finally there was third part asking for the costume details: how close to the comic book (I choose the maximum), how short the skirt, how high the heels (I usually goes for low, but since this was gift I decided for some high and sexy), the style of the belt buckle and so on. I sent it back and in half an hour I get the extremes of their bank account.

After six weeks I received the package. It was a strange period, Frank was away for a refresh course and I had plenty of spare time. The result was that I often started to daydream and found myself scratching little caped figures on the brink of my notepad, or practicing Supergirl signature power pose in front of a mirror. It was quite embarrassing when I do that in public.

Anyway when I opened the package I thought there was something strange, the costume was there, but it had strange shiny look, like if it was made of latex or rubber, but when I grabbed it I felt nice and smooth like it was silk or Egyptian cotton, apart from the boots which were made of sturdier leather-like material. I didn’t know what kind of fabric it was, but the craftsmanship was incredible, the seams were so small that I couldn’t spot them. Excited I decided to try it immediately and, wow, how tight it was. The top fitted perfectly and left very little to imagination – even with my sport-bra underneath there was a little hint of my nipples – the sleeves clung on every detail of my arms accentuating the impression of a subtle but definite muscular tone. I was simply in love with the way the shiny black material outlined my body, smothering out imperfections at the same time. The skirt was no less amazing, it was cut quite short, enough to let me show off my legs – after 10 years of swimming, even only as an amateur, I’m quite proud of my legs – but also long enough to protect my modesty. I left aside cape and boots and went over to the full-length mirror and, wow, I never thought to look this good in costume. Just for fun I stroke a couple of poses and then I noticed something strange, the belt buckle looked a little lose, very weird considering the crazy amount of quality control on this thing, thinking that it was just a little loose I started pulling and pushing…
The following user(s) said Thank You: justinlenard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Woodclaw
  • Woodclaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
15 Feb 2010 22:28 #18250 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Re: Cos-play
She soared through the night sky silent as a bird of prey in slow lazy circles above the city. She loved the sensation of the cold night air, how it washed over her body. The cacophony of the nightlife below was a fascinating mixture, everything was so vibrant and clear to her. Greedily she let her senses run wild, fully drinking from the cup of wonderful sensations below. Millions of colors, trillions of smells, the words of countless conversations filled her mind each one perfectly distinct and defined, each one unique and unrepeatable, each one located with pin-point accuracy in the great sea of life below, thousands of people living their lives without any clue of having a positively unique voyeur over their heads.

Still undecided about what to do she opened her arms and executed a couple of slow spins in midair, but before she completed the second she froze and focalized all her senses upon a back alley two miles away. In a second she was hovering over her intended target, two men who were robbing a lone girl. The first was a short brute with a completely clean shaved head that was pinning the girl against the hood of a car pointing a knife at her, the second – a little taller and more hairy – was searching her bag. The girl was thin, with bob of blonde hair, not pretty enough to exploit it but enough to be noticed.

“P…pl… please…” she sighed “Let me go…”

The shaven one sneered and laughed under his breath, he moved his knife in a significant way cutting the strings of the first two buttons of the girl’s blouse. “Maybe. Maybe we can, if you’r’ very good with us.”

“P… please…” she stammered.

He was about to pop another button when a voice female resounding with authority filled the alley. “Don’t you heard her asshole. She asked nicely to let her go.”

Both the thugs turned and even the girl eyed the scene between the tears. In the middle of the alley, hovering about 5 feet from the ground, there was a woman, the most impressive female specimen any of them had ever seen. Head to toes her body was slender but covered with long sleek muscles, not the burly muscles of a bodybuilder, rather the toned well defined muscles of an Olympic class athlete. Yet she also had the curviness and the femininity of a fashion model. She was clad in a shiny black costume with a silver “S” crest proudly displayed over a pair of stacked DD spheres. A couple of fiery red locks rested upon her shoulder, while the rest of her head was still shrouded in darkness, except for her cold burning icy blue eyes – so fierce that looked like they were bursting flames – and her pearly white teeth, open in a dazzling smile.

“Well,” she asked crossing her arms over the crest “Don’t you hear what I say?”

Apparently for the two men actions spoke louder than words, the bald one gripped the girl neck and moved the knife away while his pal drew a big nasty looking revolver from his waistband and pointed it to the flying woman. From her point of view they were so pathetically slow, without losing her composture she concentrated for a moment on the gunman. As soon as the barrel was aimed, she fired a tiny, invisible, super-hot microwave beam through it melting the end of the barrel and the tip of the bullet in single mass and causing the gunpowder to ignite. The subsequent explosion wasn’t very powerful, but it was enough to violently damage the man hand and caused him to pass away for the shock.

“Bitch, what have you done?!?”

Mocking surprise she smirked “Me? Did you see me doing anything? Did I move? Well NOW I’m doing to do something, asshole!”

For a moment her figure became blurry, the man blinked a couple of times, but all he felt was a gust a wind and a sharp tug to his right hand. A split second later she was in the same position as before holding his knife. The thug was spechless.

She balanced the blade on the tip of her finger and weighted it for a moment “A nice tool. But with a little defect, don’t you agree?” she smiled and slided the tip of her toungue along bottom of her upper lip. “Fortunatly I can fix that with ease.”

Without waiting for an answer, she sticked out her tounge and held the knife in her right hand then she started licking the edge like a child like a child with an ice cream cone. The metal squeaked in protest but it was obviously useless. After a moment, she dropped the weapon to him. “There, I think that now is fixed.”

Like in a dream the man slided his thumb along the edge, it was completely dull. His hand started to shake uncontrollably. The woman slowly descended and landed with a slight click from her steel tipped high heels. Like a track runner after the starter shot the thug fleed the scene as fast as he could. She started laughing, a long musical well modulated sound that only fuelled his legs to new heights of speed. He run randomly across the neighbourhood, every time he was slowing down a little the echo of her lugh reached his ears causing another shot of adrenaline. His lungs were burning, his heart pounding like a jackhammer, his vision was bluring, so he failed to see the board until it was too late. The impact was terrible his nose was shattered and two teeth flew out of his mouth he stumbled along the pavement, between the flashes of pain he saw the girl he had tried to rob just minutes ago approacing, he was dumb to have run in circles.

“BASTARD!!” she screamed kicking him in the balls and continuing up to him stomach, accompanying each stroke with an insult. After half a dozen strokes she stopped and faced the Superwoman just a few paces from her.

“Are you going to stop me?”

The woman grinned and looked at the thugs with contempt “No, I’m not. But you shouldn’t kill them. I’ll call the police in a minute, until then they are all yours.” She smiled starting to lifting from the ground. “Enjoy it.”

For a long moment the girl starred at the night sky until the superwoman had disappeared from her sight, then she returned to her little revenge.

• Woodclaw
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
16 Feb 2010 14:14 #18255 by Woodclaw
I woke up the next morning feeling quite funny, every joint in my body ached like I had been through a mincer, but the brain was perfectly clear and relaxed. I realized I went to bed wearing the costume – well the top and the skirt – but it wasn’t particulary wrinkled or ruined. The strange thing was that the cape, the boots and the belt where piled ina corner I didn’t recall placing them there, but I didn’t recall going to bed either, so go figure. Going to the bathroom, I passed in front of my full-length mirror and took a moment to appraise myself, lifting my right I flexed causing my bicep to jump up. “Well, hello Supergirl.” I smiled. Despite the ache I couldn’t help but love how the costume looked on me, I could almost say that it made my breast stand out a little more than usual.

I went for a shower and a giant breakfast, both did wonder to improve my disposition, as soon as I returned to my bedroom the ache had subsided and I felt like I was supercharged. Within the end of the morning I had reordered half of my flat, and I wasn’t tired at all. While collecting some clothes from my bedroom I accidentaly kicked the costume box and a little book slided out, the cover said ‘Instruction’. I was puzzled what good was a 60 page instruction booklet for a costume, I mean aside from the usual washing icons and a disclaimer for eventual allergic reactions – which can be easily packed in a single leaflet. Smelling some kind of giant prank I opened it and started to read.

After twenty minutes I was… dumbfounded – I never really understood what it meant before. Either I was the subject of the biggest prank in the history of British humour or I really got more than what I paid for. Logic dictated that it had to be a prank. There was no way for this to be real, but there were also proof of the contrary: the strange material of the costume, the tiredness in the morning and the dream. I couldn’t help but getting thrilled and a little excited when I thought about it, I’ve dreamed of having super-powers a couple of times before, but it was never so vivid, this time I really felt like I was able to fly – not to mention beat the crap out of some low-lives. Looking for some more info I thought about searching the news, but, considering how improbable the whole story was, I wrote it out. Then I got it, Kerren.

Kerren was the nick of one of the girls that I contacted to have infos about the quality of the costumes, the one of the “full-optional” Wonder Woman costume. She was very kind and discreet so we exchanged MSN contacts. Hoping to find her online I switched the laptop on and sent a note. A couple of hours later she answered.

Red_102 – Hello, Kerren how’s going?

Kerren – Hi girl. I’m doing great, what about you? And the package?

Red_102 – Fine. It arrived yesterday… but I’m a little puzzled about it.

Kerren – What? Don’t you like the extras?

Red_102 – Hey, I’m just Supergirl. It’s Wonder Woman the one which is loaded with extras, right?

Kerren – Don’t know. I always thought that X-Ray vision was freaking cool.

My fingers frozed on the keyboard for an eternity, she has just said X-Ray vision… So it was real… My dream was real…

Red_102 – Don’t know I haven’t tried it yet.

Kerren – No?? So what have you tried?

Red_102 – To be 100% honest, I’m not sure, flight and strength, I think. But I thought it was just a costume.

Kerren – Well it’s a lot more and a lot better.

Red_102 – Yeah. But how? Why?

Kerren – Really don’t know girl. I had the same questions when I got mine, but after a while I learned just to enjoy it.

Red_102 – Sounds a little too carefree to me.

Kerren – I know, I even flew to UK trying to get some explanation from the company, but I got nothing.

Red_102 – You mean they didn’t answer you.

Kerren – No, I mean that the company exists only on paper, no offices, no personal, no address, just a phone number and an eBay account. Weird.

Red_102 – To say the least I’m starting to think it wasn’t such a good idea after all.

Kerren – Don’t be silly. Listen I’ve got an idea, meet me at the top of Golden Gate Bridge in an hour, ok. Certain things are better discussed in person.

Red_102 – The Golden Gate, you mean in Frisco. But I live thousands of miles away.

Kerren – Well, what kind of Supergirl are you? Afraid of a little flight.

Red_102 – Well… no, but this evening I have an appointment… and I’m not sure of how to handle this…

Kerren – Ok, listen I won’t push you, but believe me the only way to get used to this kind of things is using them. The more you try the better you’ll be, plus it really help to get into the right shape, got it?

Absentmindly I cupped my left breast. For a couple of moments I was lost in my thoughts. I didn’t have ‘real’ appointment, just a half spoken agreement with a couple of colleagues to go to the local pub, nothing too serious. Licking my lips I reviewed those few fragments of my dream that I was able to recall and took my decision.

Red_102 – On second thought, I’ll come.

Kerren – Great but what about your appointment?

Red_102 – I’ll deal with it. See you in two hours.

Kerren – Hey I said one.

Red_102 – I still have thing to do before leaving.

Kerren – Ok, see you.

• Woodclaw
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
17 Feb 2010 08:34 #18265 by Woodclaw
The wind from the ocean was incredibly cold, but she didn’t bother at all, sitted atop the tower fartest from San Francisco she waited patiently. Nervously she tapped her fingers on the metal, but suddenly stopped realizing that the vibrations were rocking the cables and, consequently, the rest of the bridge. Focusing her super-vision toward the interior she scanned the skies for miles around, nothing. She started to wonder if she missed her contact completely, then she realized and turned focusing her vision on the other tower two kilometers away. Without any trouble she spotted the silouette of a woman standing atop the other support, with an increbdible naturalness she silently took off from the tower and soared towards the lights of the city.

“Hey, I’m up here.” She announced.

The other girl turned and the flying one was taken off guard. The woman on the bridge was a full 6 feet tall, with a strong healty body, long sculpted legs connected to a pair of wide hips, a super-toned waist that was – maybe – a little too broad but it only added to sensation of healty, strong powerful arms, wide shoulders and a pair quintessetial E cup breasts. Her dark brown skin made a nice constrast with the vibrant primary colors and metals of her Wonder Woman costume and was so smooth that each and every muscle was perfectly defined and discernible, and so polished that seemed to emit a light glow. The same for her dark jet black eyes and her raven-black hairs, which spun all the way down to her bottom and were tied in a thousand thin dreadlocks.

“Hi, it’s Red, right.” She smiled extending her hand, “You can call me Kay.”

“Right. Wasn’t it Kerren?” the other answered shaking hands.

“Kerren is just my nick, sort of short for my full name. And you, I can see why they call you Red. I’ve never seen such a fiery head before.”

Pulling her hair behind the ears the other smiled and blushed a little. “Well, name’s is Sharon, but people call me Shane.”

“Surely, you don’t look like Alan Ladd to me.”

Sharon giggled “Actually is because my grandmother was Yiddish, her name was Shana. People say that I look just like her – minus the hair, these are from my father family – but in grade school none can pronunce it right so it became Shane and I stitched to it.”

“Right, so ready for some super-fun down there.” Kay pinted to the downtown.

“Ehr… dressed like this?”

Kay smiled knowingly and made a half-curtsy, like she was an actress, then she jutted out her arms and started to spin. In just two flips her speed had increase to the point that all Sharon saw was a patch of red and brown blur, but she could feel the electrical field building up. There was small puff of smoke and a sound like a muffled thunder and Kay stopped hands on her hips, the costume was gone in its place she was wearing a short blue one shoulder tube dress that went down to the half of her thighs, a pair of matching ankle boots with high eels and a pair of dark fishnets. Even her make-up had slightly changed to match her new look, but her body was as astonishing as before.

“Wow, that’s impressive.” Sharon commented with just a tip of jealousy in her voice.

“Mean you can’t do that.”

“I don’t know. The instructions didn’t mention it and I’ve never tried that stunt. How’s it done?”

“First set down here.” Smiled Kay, noticing that Sharon was still hanging in mid-air. “Then try to visualise in you mind the outfit you want, better start with something simple and familiar, ok?”

“Yeah, I think I got it.” Sharon answered thinking of her favourite T-shirt and tracksuit.

“Now use you speed to spin as fast as you can, until you feel a sort of electrical build-up. When it reach the maximum stop and let see what is the result.”

After 10 minutes of trying Sharon had obtained nothing but a slight sensation of sea-sickness. She looked up to Kay, “I think we are really blonde.”

“Why?”

“Remember when you mentioned the X-ray vision.”

“Yeah, so?… Oh… got it. Different costumes, different powers, right?”

“Right. As far as I know Supergirl never had any kind of instant costume transformation power. So I guess I’m stucked like this.” Sharon concluded pinching her top.

Kay grinned “Not necessarily. I think I have a solution.” She spinned around again, retransforming in her blue and red costume and taking off. “Follow me.”

“Hey!” Sharon shouted over the bay wind “Where are you taking me?”

“My sister lives in Sausalito, I think we can borrow some of her stuff.” Kay opened her arms and excuted a double loop. “Let see if you can keep up.” She laughed shooting toward the horizon.

• Woodclaw
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
17 Feb 2010 11:02 #18266 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Re: Cos-play
A lot of fun!

Can't wait to see where this goes and if any new women are involved.

Thanks for writing this.

• Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
17 Feb 2010 12:09 #18267 by Woodclaw

A lot of fun!

Can't wait to see where this goes and if any new women are involved.

Thanks for writing this.

Then I fear you'll be a little disappointed the next post will also be last one. As I said this is just a short with a possible extension in the future, anybody who is interested in continuing it, please contact me for the deatils.

• Woodclaw
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
17 Feb 2010 12:10 #18268 by ace191
Replied by ace191 on topic Re: Cos-play
I am enjoying this immensely! It is both cute and fun!

More
17 Feb 2010 12:13 #18269 by Woodclaw
I woke up the next morning with a funny sensation, it was a wild night and despite having only slept for two hours I was completely refreshed and renergized. Kay was quite a character and her sister too. At first I was a little shocked when I found out that her sister was a 5’10” feet tall blonde, but they explained to me that they were actually adopted sisters, their parents married when they were 3 – yes they were of the same age. The second thing that puzzled me was that Kay didn’t bother to come down and transform her outfit, but rather flew directly on the balcony and tapped on the window. I was very embarassed and uneasy until Janet, that’s her name, zipped into her bedroom and returned squeezed inside the white leotard of a Power Girl costume. After that everything started making sense.

We hit downtown SF in a few minutes and started clubbing. Well obviously being 3 women all around 6 feet, good-looking, well endowed and quite muscular (even if I say so myself), we were bound to attract some attention. At first it was quite fun, well at least until one stupid rich kid tried to pinch Kay’s cheeks. Not that he had any chance, but she caught him in the act and demanded an immediate apology. I don’t know if he was drunk, stupid or both, but he laughed in her face saying that he will never apologize to a black b***h. The reaction was obvious and in a minute the club was giant brawl of dozens of men against the three of us, and they never stood a chance. I tried to pull my punches as much as possible, but I was pretty sure that some of them won’t recover any time soon. It took us less to end the fight than to start it, but after the dust had settled there was one big problem, how to cook up a decent cover for the damage, especially for Janet – living nearby she was the most likely to be recognized. In a moment I got a couple of good ideas, first we located the main water pipeline serving the club, then I went down into the sewers – God bless the selective super-smell – and located a junction. It took only a moment to unscrew it, then I blew with a lot of force into it, increasing the water pressure a hundred times. All the taps, toilets and pipelines exploded simultaneously washing the scene with several hundred liters of high pressure water. Meantimes the girls were speeding to Janet’s house and picked up her car, setting up her alibi. Now, I admit I’m not proud of that, but the situation called for some drastic measure.

Anyway Frank was about to be back in the late afternoon, and the anniversary date was looming on me so I had to get myself ready. I practiced the clothes changing routine for hours and, in the meatime, discovered that I didn’t have to wear the whole costume for the effect to take place, top and skirt were apparently enough, but I decided to use the boots too.

Fast forward to the evening, the routine was the usual one, dinner, movie and a long stroll up to our special spot, a very secluded lookout just few minutes out of town. But, as always, no plan survived contact with the enemy. Frank behaviour was… a bit strange. On one hand had been clumsy and kind of nervous for the whole evening, he kept making strange mistakes – like paying thirty dollars, instead of thirteen – or tripping on his own feet while looking for his seat at cinema, on the other he was extra careful and kind to me, even more than usual. I started smelling something weird and got nervous, lucky me he appeared not to notice that I almost squeezed the dessert fork into a red hot metal blob.

So, dinner was great, the movie not so much – but I’m probably too picky – and everything was going fine, except for Frank. Even without super-senses I could tell he was very nervous, he was sweating like pig at a BBQ, and his mouth twitched in a funny way, like he was about to ask or tell something but could find the words.

“Honey,” I inquired “Are you all right?”

In a split second his perspiration rate tripled “Well… In a way… Sort of… Yeah… It’s just, I have something on my mind and…”

“Care to explain?”

“Not now, maybe later… I’m just trying to figure out something.”

“Well as soon as you’ve done, let me know, I don’t like you like this.” I mocked hugging him very carefully.

“Sure will do.”

We were about to kiss when something stopped me, it was like when you heard a mosquito buzzing around, you can’t point out where exaclty it is, but you know is growing closer. Seconds later an SUV came out from the next corner and screeched along the street. In a second I jumped out of its trajectory dragging Frank with me, just before the blasted thing stopped in the exact spot we were a moment ago.

Three kids – I will never grace someone capable of such a stupid stunt with the name of men – jumped out of it howling and laughing loud, slapping hands and cheering the apparent driver who, in return, was showing a grin that was supposed to exude coolness. Enraged like never before I stomped forcefully on the ground – causing a little shockwave in the process – and shouted:“Hey you, assholes! You almost killed us!”

I didn’t know if they were drunk, under some kind of drug, simply stupid or all at once but their answers were quite straightforward. The driver grinned enlarged and turned to his friends, “Well check out the lady, guys. She looks pretty angry to me, maybe we should apologize.”

A little duet of muffled laughs answered his claim. As he very theatrically bow and proclaimed in a horrible falsetto “We apologize for the inconvenience, madam. I hope this won’t happen again.”

“That’s not good enough.” I hissed, Frank was still out cold, being squezeed between the pavement and my new invulnerable body was probably too much for him.

“Really.” The falsetto continued, “So maybe you should take out you frustration in more physical way.” He continued making certain very meaninful gestures.

I grinned evily “I thought you’ll never ask.”

Before they had the chance to answer I strode to the SUV and slightly caressed the rim, obviously an alloy wheel, then I secured my grip on it and with a little pull ripped it and a piece of the axle from the vehicle. I hosted it in front of my face and laughed, “Well, this surely help, it’s a great stress relief.”

With an unarticulated scream the driver guy rushed and tried to tackle me. He looked comically slow to me so, rather than letting him rebound against my body, I grabbed his shirt at super-speed and lifted him up. “Now wasn’t that a little stupid? I mean, you just saw me ripping you little toy car apart. What do you think to accomplice barehanded?”

The second kid drew a switchblade and moved closer to stab me. Since I already had my hands full I simply let him land his blow in my abdomen, the blade squeaked and howled for a split second before breaking against my abs. I laughed under my breath as the kid lifted the broken blade and trembled for a moment before I smashed him and his pal together as a human sandwich.

For a moment I stood there looking for the third kid, until I heard a loud bang and a feel a tap between my shoulder blades. While I was busy with his pals he sneaked to the wreackage and picked up an automatic pistol. Just for the sake of attempt, I decided to try something odd. I grabbed the axle with both hands and started spinning it at super-speed interceting the bullets with the rubber tire. In about 12 seconds we both heard the dead man’s click, so I smiled and presented him the rubber pralined with bullets, “Well, that was funny, now what are you to do? Apologize, I hope.”
Unfortunaly, all he could do was babbling incoherently, so I tapped him lightly on the back of the head and piled him with the rest of his pals.

“Wow, – cough – that was surely unexpected!” Frank coughed.

I zipped next to him “Honey… how do you feel?”

He smiled forcefully “It hurts only… when I laugh… I think I have a couple of bad bruises, but the ribs feel alright.”

I took his hand and helped him standing up and smiled uneasily “Well, since my surprise was spoiled, I’m going to speed yours up.”

I scooped him up and took off from the crash site, it was just a matter of minutes – I had to fly slowly since he wasn’t invulnerable as me – to reach the lookout. I placed him on the ground and smiled “Well, here we are, so now what is your surprise?”

It took two full second for the words to flow from his brain to his mouth, but when they arrived it was like a flood. Question overlapped one on the next, exclamations punctuated a completely incoherent speech. When he paused to get his breath back I took him under the arms and stood him up. “Honey, now please, get grip of yourself and calm down for a moment, will you.”

He breathed heavily and took a couple of step back, he was wide-eyed like a kid on Xmas morning. “Janet,” that was a signal he usually called me J or Jan, he never used my full name unless it was important “I need to know, how long this have been going on?”

“This, what?”

“Your powers, your costume,” I noticed only then that the upper part of my coat was open and the “S” on my top was visible. “How long have you had them?”

“Just a week or so.” I was a little embarassed this was an unexpected reaction.

He looked at me with an undeciphrable expression, there was definitly a bit of awe, but other than that his feeling looked extremly contrastating, “Since you told me your secret I think I have to tell you mine. Janet I, kind of, lied to you.”

Anger surged through my mind faster even than me “YOU WHAT?!?” I screamed causing some landscape damage and knocking him on his butt.

“Janet I…”

I marched forward and lifted him by the collar “YOU WHAT!?!?”

“JANET-I-LIED-ABOUT-THE-COURSE-IT-WASN’T-A-COURSE-AT-ALL-I-WENT-TO-NEW-YORK-TO-SIGN-A-NEW-CONTRACT” he spilled out at increbible speed.

I lowered him a couple of inches “A new contract?”

“Yeah, I get promoted.”

“Honey this is wonderful!” I smiled.

“Glad you like” he smiled back “Can you please put me down?”

“Sorry.” I laughed. “So this was your surprise.”

He got back to his feet “Actually, no. This was just the preamble.”

I widened my eyes and he mocked “No X-ray peeking please.” Frank produced a small box and opened it, a small diamond shined on a silver ring. “Janet, will you marry me?”

• Woodclaw
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 Feb 2010 11:16 #18277 by oldHarmonyMotion
Replied by oldHarmonyMotion on topic Re: Cos-play
I've only read the first post so far, but it's a really fun idea!

• oldHarmonyMotion
More
18 Feb 2010 12:28 #18278 by Woodclaw

I've only read the first post so far, but it's a really fun idea!

Thanks, I'm looking forward to some opinions and feedback.

• Woodclaw
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 Feb 2010 21:08 #18282 by JKIJ
Replied by JKIJ on topic Re: Cos-play
Not bad at all. It's certainly fun to read and I do like first person stories. It's always interesting to see from inside somebody's head. I do think that the point of view largely worked, though I'm not quite sure that the change for the San Francisco bit worked quite so well. Overall I did like it though.

More
19 Feb 2010 08:39 #18285 by Woodclaw

Not bad at all. It's certainly fun to read and I do like first person stories. It's always interesting to see from inside somebody's head. I do think that the point of view largely worked, though I'm not quite sure that the change for the San Francisco bit worked quite so well. Overall I did like it though.

What do you mean with chance?

• Woodclaw
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
19 Feb 2010 18:22 #18287 by JKIJ
Replied by JKIJ on topic Re: Cos-play
The San Francisc section seems to me be "she" and "Sharon" rather than "I". I felt that the "she" style worked well with the dream, but I wasn't too sure about the San Francisco part. That's what I meant by change.

More
19 Feb 2010 21:57 #18289 by Woodclaw

The San Francisc section seems to me be "she" and "Sharon" rather than "I". I felt that the "she" style worked well with the dream, but I wasn't too sure about the San Francisco part. That's what I meant by change.

DOH... I'm an idiot, the whole story should have been about Sharon, but when I wrote the last part I started to call her Janet for no reason (aside from confusion), since I worked on this parallel with my last workshop entry I had little time to proofread it... :oops: :oops: :oops: I'm sorry, I'll see to fix that :oops: :oops: :oops:

• Woodclaw
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
19 Feb 2010 22:03 #18290 by Woodclaw

Ok sorry for the mess up answer, but for some reason my PC has started to behave quite strangely since this afternoon, including posting thing by its own initiative. Anyway I wasn't too pleased with that part either, but I wanted to keep the "super" parts separated from the inside perspective until the end, since I was a bit unsure of my ability to "see through the eyes of a superhuman" - so to speak - and I was quite scarred, maybe I'll rework it in a first person perspective, and extend the San Francisco part too.

• Woodclaw
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
20 Feb 2010 04:19 #18291 by sgfan05
Replied by sgfan05 on topic Re: Cos-play
This was a great idea.

More
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds