Amount

Going to be more proactive

26 Mar 2011 19:41 #22308 by bionicskillz
Going to be more proactive was created by bionicskillz
Hey all,

I'm starting to offer my original art for sale on eBay. As some of you may know I work for a comic publisher and have done some freelance illustration for non uber-related media like Royal Flush Magazine. I happen to work for Dynamite Entertainment publishers of Red Sonja, Green Hornet and my absolute favorite character = Vampirella! I work in the production department and retail department handling the eBay store for the company.

A little history about me:

I started work in the comic industry for Harris Comics, then publishers of Vampirella, here in the big apple. I've been handling the retail end of comics for a while now like selling back issues on Vampirella.com webstore, eBay etc. My goal was to work in the industry doing something while preparing a portfolio to start drawing. Well things don't always go as planned as life gets in the way. Last year Vampirella was bought out from Dynamite Ent and I was acquired as well and now work for them. I'm still with Vampirella which is great because I love the character. They know of my aspirations to draw and recently I started doing original art sketch covers for the company. A sketch cover is a blank white limited edition cover to a comic book. They are printed up when a big series is taking off for example - the sketch cover I did was for New Avengers #1 The Heroic Age. They sell them in stores blank for cover price. My company commissions some well known artists to do original art on them and sell them from the website. I grabbed a couple of blank ones for myself as well and now plan to sell them through my eBay account. My first cover (Ms. Marvel drawing) sold for $89.95. I was like wow! but that money goes directly to my company. Now I have blank covers I am working on a just put up an auction:

New Avengers #1 Sketch Cover

Spread the word around if you know of any fans willing to buy some original art.

I'm joining some other sites as well to market myself better but my first stop was here since I've been a part of this site for years and really don't know too much about anyone or vice versa. Also check out my deviant art for updates as well. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bionicskillz
  • bionicskillz's Avatar Topic Author
More
03 Apr 2011 22:54 - 03 Apr 2011 22:57 #22474 by bionicskillz
Replied by bionicskillz on topic Re: Going to be more proactive
I have a new blog now. Will post more stuff soon.

topherzero.blogspot.com/
Last edit: 03 Apr 2011 22:57 by bionicskillz.

• bionicskillz
  • bionicskillz's Avatar Topic Author
More
03 Apr 2011 23:00 #22475 by fats
Replied by fats on topic Re: Going to be more proactive
always good to see new artwork, especially from an experienced artist.

Fats
The following user(s) said Thank You: bionicskillz

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
04 Apr 2011 01:45 #22479 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Re: Going to be more proactive

BionicSkillz wrote: I have a new blog now. Will post more stuff soon.

topherzero.blogspot.com/

Nice to see you back in business.

More
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds