Amount

Bioinicskillzart works

19 Aug 2016 04:48 #49689 by bionicskillz
Bioinicskillzart works was created by bionicskillz
Just a color test when I find time to do these on an older drawing. Found a tutorial to practice coloring all things shiny latex!

JINKIES!!! What if Velma was bionic!

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: SCOTT R, Slim0926, Monty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bionicskillz
  • bionicskillz's Avatar Topic Author
More
19 Aug 2016 15:28 #49703 by pansardum
Replied by pansardum on topic Bioinicskillzart works
The coloring technique seems to work really well, I really like how it looks on her left shoulder/arm.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bionicskillz

More
01 Mar 2018 02:35 #58709 by bionicskillz
Replied by bionicskillz on topic Bioinicskillzart works
Hey all. I have a more mainstream account on instagram if anyone wants to hit me up....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, SCOTT R

• bionicskillz
More
08 Jun 2018 19:03 #59780 by bionicskillz
Hi gang!

Got a new update and would love feedback. In other news - I lost my job! YAY!!!!!! Gonna start making money on my art and if anyone wants a commission let me know!
Dress Up

• bionicskillz
More
08 Jun 2018 21:15 #59782 by Raa
Replied by Raa on topic Bioinicskillzart works
Sorry to hear about your hard times.  Hope it does not last.

More
11 Jun 2019 02:01 - 11 Jun 2019 02:02 #64296 by bionicskillz
Hi all - Been selling sketch covers on ebay. I'll do some uber stuff if anyone one likes. Here's what's for sale now.
X23

Last edit: 11 Jun 2019 02:02 by bionicskillz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChaozCloud, fats, SCOTT R

• bionicskillz
More
11 Jun 2019 02:02 - 11 Jun 2019 02:04 #64297 by bionicskillz
Sexy Catwoman in progress:

Last edit: 11 Jun 2019 02:04 by bionicskillz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChaozCloud, Ravens_ghost, fats, SCOTT R, Gincognifo

• bionicskillz
More
12 Jun 2019 22:49 #64303 by bionicskillz
Baroness

The following user(s) said Thank You: ChaozCloud, Ravens_ghost, SCOTT R, cristian01984

• bionicskillz
More
03 Jan 2020 17:45 #66214 by bionicskillz
I’m learning Daz3d. Got a long way to go but here’s a recent wip. 
www.deviantart.com/bionicskillzart/art/3...urns-truck-825647348
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, lojack, slim36, ChaozCloud, SCOTT R, aguilauno, RD

• bionicskillz
More
03 Jan 2020 21:32 #66218 by njae
Replied by njae on topic Bioinicskillzart works

bionicskillz wrote: I’m learning Daz3d. Got a long way to go but here’s a recent wip. 
www.deviantart.com/bionicskillzart/art/3...urns-truck-825647348

That truck kinda needs textures - lighting seems to be the scene standard. How is your hardware for this? Specifically Graphics Card?

• njae
  • Away
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
04 Jan 2020 02:28 #66222 by bionicskillz
I did put textures on the truck after that screenshot. My set up is a
2017 Imac
4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
Radeon Pro 580 8 GB

I'm watching tutorials on lighting but if you have some tips let me know. Thanks!

• bionicskillz
More
04 Jan 2020 04:45 #66224 by Gincognifo
Replied by Gincognifo on topic Bioinicskillzart works

bionicskillz wrote: I did put textures on the truck after that screenshot. My set up is a
2017 Imac
4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
Radeon Pro 580 8 GB

I'm watching tutorials on lighting but if you have some tips let me know. Thanks!

Are you using IRay as the rendering engine? IRay works *a lot* faster with an nVidia card. You may need to accept a lower resolution or very long rendering times with a Radeon.

You've got a lot of noise in that image. I think you need more iterations to clean that up, or use a denoiser.

The pose looks good.

You can do a lot with the basic sun-sky lighting.  thinkdrawart.com/daz-studio-iray-sunlight-tutorial  has some tips on using a sun node, but even just playing with the lat/long and time of day settings can improve your results.

I often use HDRI lightingm like  www.daz3d.com/pro-studio-hdr-lighting-system-3  or  www.daz3d.com/skies-of-iradiance-sunny-sky-hdris-for-iray .

More
04 Jan 2020 09:16 #66226 by njae
As Gincognifo already said, the preformance with a Radeon won't be great. In fact Nvidia Iray only supports cards with CUDA cores - which mean only Nvidias own graphics cards. Your renders are 100% done by the CPU this way meaning that it isn't useable at all during rendering,

This also explains the noise you have on the image. The more iterations run, the less there is, but with only CPU rendering this takes forever...

When it comes to lighting I found it helpful to switch the Vieport from Texture Shaded to Iray so it already renders the image as you edit it. Specifically with light sources or emitting surfaces this helps finding the right luminance. But also with questions like how to set the sun.
That eats a lot of performance, so I do not recommend it for you.

I think the best you can do right now is look for alternative render engines for DAZ.

• njae
  • Away
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
04 Jan 2020 10:14 #66229 by slim36
Replied by slim36 on topic Bioinicskillzart works
Is the "3D" just related to posing the figure to render as a 2D image rather than any extra views or able to change view angle like a 360 degree capture?

More
04 Jan 2020 11:04 #66230 by njae

slim36 wrote: Is the "3D" just related to posing the figure to render as a 2D image rather than any extra views or able to change view angle like a 360 degree capture?

Not sure I understand the question, but the outcome of the render is usually either an image or a movie. However you do create 3d scenes, so you can pose everything in all three dimensions and look at that from different angles. Besides your free view you can create cameras that show a certain angle that you like and that you can quickly change to from your view. If you are creating a movie that camera can move on the timeline just like the figures.

The closest thing to a 360° image would be changing the viewport to IRAY and see it being rendered on the fly but that is a LOT slower. Also opening someone else's DAZ file usually gives a lot of "Resource not found" errors since the creator of that scene owns and uses different products than yourself.

• njae
  • Away
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
04 Jan 2020 19:22 #66235 by Gincognifo

njae wrote: When it comes to lighting I found it helpful to switch the Vieport from Texture Shaded to Iray so it already renders the image as you edit it. Specifically with light sources or emitting surfaces this helps finding the right luminance. But also with questions like how to set the sun.

100% agree. I switch between my laptop and desktop when working with Daz. On the desktop, I'm able to run the viewport in IRay mode and it's incredibly useful. On the laptop, which is using the CPU, IRay preview is unusable.

Lighting is my bugbear and the weakest part of my renders which is why I often use the HDRI lighting. The results are usually "good enough" but not as good as they could be.

More
04 Jan 2020 20:48 #66236 by njae

Gincognifo wrote:

njae wrote: When it comes to lighting I found it helpful to switch the Vieport from Texture Shaded to Iray so it already renders the image as you edit it. Specifically with light sources or emitting surfaces this helps finding the right luminance. But also with questions like how to set the sun.

100% agree. I switch between my laptop and desktop when working with Daz. On the desktop, I'm able to run the viewport in IRay mode and it's incredibly useful. On the laptop, which is using the CPU, IRay preview is unusable.

Lighting is my bugbear and the weakest part of my renders which is why I often use the HDRI lighting. The results are usually "good enough" but not as good as they could be.

Used to do the same but the laptop is so bad when it comes to DAZ that I stopped using it. And after one of the updates it is no longer possible.

And lighting is a weakness of mine as well, I usually fully used the HDRIs to get that done. That kinda fails once you want a scene at night where the light can NOT come from the sky. Getting better at this actually created my newest project: A redo of an old scene now with much better lighting.

• njae
  • Away
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
04 Jan 2020 21:09 #66237 by Gincognifo

njae wrote: Used to do the same but the laptop is so bad when it comes to DAZ that I stopped using it. And after one of the updates it is no longer possible.

And lighting is a weakness of mine as well, I usually fully used the HDRIs to get that done. That kinda fails once you want a scene at night where the light can NOT come from the sky. Getting better at this actually created my newest project: A redo of an old scene now with much better lighting.

Oh god, night scenes are the worst.  Space scenes have a similar issue.

More
05 Jan 2020 02:40 - 05 Jan 2020 02:42 #66242 by bionicskillz
So I did a render and it came out pretty good considering I don't have an Nvidia card so if was obviously offloaded to my cpu. Only took 45 minutes haha. I'm enjoying Daz a little too much which of course I get distracted from my traditional work but this is obviously a kick ass tool for reference. Here is the render with some color adjustments in photoshop. I'll be shopping for more Daz content for sure.

Last edit: 05 Jan 2020 02:42 by bionicskillz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lojack, Artnico, mechjok, SCOTT R, aguilauno, Markiehoe, cristian01984

• bionicskillz
More
09 Apr 2020 09:39 #67514 by bionicskillz
Here's something new I did and actually "finished" and colored. I'll stick to drawing and step away from 3D art.

Disclaimer* - I hate Nazis but a female super-soldier fetish never hurt anyone!

The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, SCOTT R, Markiehoe

• bionicskillz
More
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds