Amount

Markiehoe's latest video

12 Feb 2020 22:10 - 12 Feb 2020 22:11 #66786 by Markiehoe
Markiehoe's latest video was created by Markiehoe
I am a big fan of low budget film making.
I have a "Just get out there and do it" way of approaching life.

Not really an Ubergirl but some people might get a kick out of this.

Last edit: 12 Feb 2020 22:11 by Markiehoe. Reason: New title
The following user(s) said Thank You: SCOTT R

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Markiehoe
  • Markiehoe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 Feb 2020 01:08 #66790 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Markiehoe's latest video
Yes, people who create things should always be encouraged.   Doubly so when they are at the beginning stages.  

Some thing is always better than nothing.  I’m just happy it’s getting easier and cheaper for people to create things like this.  You can film and edit things on your damn cell phone now!  I can’t wait to see what the next decade brings.  And if you lower your sights and don’t try to make something that looks like Avengers End Game, you can go a long way with scant resources today.

I love things like Felicia Days’ The Guild. She made it because she wasn’t finding roles she wanted and she wanted to be proactive.  So she went out and made a show like what she wanted.  And it worked too.  Or for that matter Kevin Smith’s Clerks.  He was challenged by his sister that if wanted to be a director, then BE a director and act like it, and then go do things a director would do.... and thus he made a movie.  LIke or hate Smith, I love that ethic.

The more of that stuff that we have the better.  IT also has a side effect of creating small things true to specific vision — which results in things being made for a niche that can find it’s own people.

this is why when I see something that I don’t like, esp from new creators,  I try REALLY HARD to not say anything bad about it.  It’s one thing if I’m asked for Constructive criticism  (which I don’t think I’m good at anyway)., but to just step out and go “this sucks and it’s stupid!”.

This actually made me smile — the world is a slightly better place since they took the effort to make it.  I’m always going to applaud that..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raa, Markiehoe, veggicidal

More
13 Feb 2020 03:04 #66792 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Markiehoe's latest video

TwiceOnThursdays wrote:
This actually made me smile — the world is a slightly better place since they took the effort to make it.  I’m always going to applaud that..

MISSION ACOMPLISHED
Thanks Twice

• Markiehoe
  • Markiehoe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
Time to create page: 0.042 seconds