Amount

Untited Superwoman Story - Attached PDF

15 Feb 2020 16:03 #66810 by Silhouette
Untited Superwoman Story - Attached PDF was created by Silhouette
I have just completed a draft for a superwoman story. It's rather large (size, of course, doesn't matter as I'm sure we've heard several times before) and so I'm a bit hesitant to put it through the editor in the "Submit a Story" editor.

Anyway, it's untitled as I could never really think of a good title for it (if you think of one, let me know).

I don't have a list of tags so I can't precisely match up but here is an approximation of what that might be:

* Nudity (It's occasional and non-graphic but is slightly descriptive)
* Language (yes, there is scattered profanity throughout the story)
* Violence (nothing terribly graphic but there is some descriptive elements about it)
* Mature themes (Not to spoil things but the story does deal with generic types of events and locations not meant for pre-teens)
* NSFW (I'm sure that you don't want your boss to read this unless you have a really good friendship with your boss)
* Contemporary (It is set in present times)

It'd be an R-rated film if it was a film and not the modernish R-rated films which is just PG-13 but with a little more profanity and gore but an old-styled R-rated film.

So, rather than delay it anymore, I'm releasing it out into the wild. It's attached as a PDF file below. It shouldn't be infected with anything but please, always scan for safety and if there is something about it, let me know because that would be news to me as well.

Feedback is always welcome, good, bad, indifferent, or wherever else inbetween. I'm sure that I've made a few grammatical mistakes throughout; Let me know of those.

Thanks.

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, SHTL, Jabbrwock, Dru1076, krisgigs, smoki07, ChaozCloud, Ravens_ghost, MatrixSimon1, Woody, guimachajo1, HikerAngel, BrokenIron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Silhouette
  • Silhouette's Avatar Topic Author
More
17 Feb 2020 06:24 #66825 by HikerAngel
Replied by HikerAngel on topic Untited Superwoman Story - Attached PDF
That's a 67,000 word novel! Pretty impressive. Congrats!!!

I'd go with "The Siren" for the title. ;)

More
19 Feb 2020 00:09 #66848 by Silhouette
Replied by Silhouette on topic Untited Superwoman Story - Attached PDF

HikerAngel wrote: That's a 67,000 word novel! Pretty impressive. Congrats!!!

I'd go with "The Siren" for the title. ;)

Thank you. I'm sort of burnt out from that particular story at the moment and have begun some research on a few others: There's one that would make for a great radio serial (I've been meaning to get back into radio scripts) & a few that have potential to be a comedy (sort of a cross-between "Daria" & "Deadpool" styled comedy, if that makes sense). I've got one right now that I'm torn between having it be a very indie, pacifist-styled superheroine (sort of like if Michael Mann directed a laid-back superhero movie) or to have it be much more of a Marvel take. And then all of the other ones that sort of bend the definition of "superhero" that are just sort of summaries at the moment.

Anyway, as always, comments & suggestions are welcome. I'd like to thank everyone who has downloaded and read the story so far. I hope that you've enjoyed it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HikerAngel

• Silhouette
More
19 Feb 2020 02:33 #66852 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Untited Superwoman Story - Attached PDF

Silhouette wrote: Thank you. I'm sort of burnt out from that particular story at the moment and have begun some research on a few others: There's one that would make for a great radio serial (I've been meaning to get back into radio scripts) & a few that have potential to be a comedy (sort of a cross-between "Daria" & "Deadpool" styled comedy, if that makes sense). I've got one right now that I'm torn between having it be a very indie, pacifist-styled superheroine (sort of like if Michael Mann directed a laid-back superhero movie) or to have it be much more of a Marvel take. And then all of the other ones that sort of bend the definition of "superhero" that are just sort of summaries at the moment.

Anyway, as always, comments & suggestions are welcome. I'd like to thank everyone who has downloaded and read the story so far. I hope that you've enjoyed it.

I haven't read the story (sorry I'm so far behind everything. I did want to say that I really love the mixing of styles.  Ad Daria & Deadpool comedy sounds great.  And I love theming worlds differently -- and having a laid back pacifist super heroine is a different voice.  We have a LOT of marvel styled stories, so it's always fun to get a new voice.

(I'll try to read the story!  Honest!)

More
23 Feb 2020 23:02 #66922 by smoki07
Replied by smoki07 on topic Untited Superwoman Story - Attached PDF
I just Finished reading the story and it was one of my fav! you're very talented!

More
25 Feb 2020 00:45 #66935 by Silhouette

smoki07 wrote: I just Finished reading the story and it was one of my fav! you're very talented!

Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad that you have enjoyed it. I am currently working on other superheroine stories although not a direct sequel to this particular story (as I've written before, I'm sort of burnt out from it for now).

• Silhouette
More
26 Feb 2020 04:22 #66954 by TwiceOnThursdays
I just read this today. I don't think meant to read all that today, but once I started I finished it. ;-)

I really enjoyed it, thanks for sharing with everyone!

More
29 Feb 2020 00:37 #66993 by Silhouette

TwiceOnThursdays wrote: I just read this today. I don't think meant to read all that today, but once I started I finished it. ;-)

Thank you for reading my story and I'm glad that you enjoyed it. Right now, I'm sort of torn between a lot of different directions for the next one. Everything from 1940s pulp to indie-realistic to comedic and even some diverse directions such as weird sci-fi & horror as well. Every day that I try to decide on a new direction, I get attracted by other, equally valid and diverse directions.

Perhaps I ought to ask all of you: What's YOUR preference? Comedy? Realism? Golden Age? Silver? A horror or sci-fi bend? Or something else? After all, as much as I enjoy writing, there's no point if you don't enjoy reading it.

• Silhouette
More
29 Feb 2020 01:21 #66994 by TwiceOnThursdays

Silhouette wrote:

TwiceOnThursdays wrote: I just read this today. I don't think meant to read all that today, but once I started I finished it. ;-)

Thank you for reading my story and I'm glad that you enjoyed it. Right now, I'm sort of torn between a lot of different directions for the next one. Everything from 1940s pulp to indie-realistic to comedic and even some diverse directions such as weird sci-fi & horror as well. Every day that I try to decide on a new direction, I get attracted by other, equally valid and diverse directions.

Perhaps I ought to ask all of you: What's YOUR preference? Comedy? Realism? Golden Age? Silver? A horror or sci-fi bend? Or something else? After all, as much as I enjoy writing, there's no point if you don't enjoy reading it.

My answer is “all the above” — which doesn’t make anything easier.  I’d say just try to sit and write each day.  Make sure to stay on each example for that day, but don’t resist getting pulled into a different direction the next day.

i suspect the story that you NEED to write will make itsself known and you will just start writing it.

id prob lean to comedy, but the story you HAVE to write because it won’t let you go, will always be the right choice.
The following user(s) said Thank You: idkmn

More
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds