Amount

WiseWatcher Short Stories

19 Feb 2021 18:48 #70504 by thewisewatcher
WiseWatcher Short Stories was created by thewisewatcher
Trying to turn over a new leaf in 2021 and just put things out on a first pass instead of reading and re-reading.  I'll be posting these ideas as they come in my head

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• thewisewatcher
  • thewisewatcher's Avatar Topic Author
More
19 Feb 2021 18:48 #70505 by thewisewatcher
Replied by thewisewatcher on topic WiseWatcher Short Stories
Ariana Grande and the Necklace

I'll admit it, I'm scared.  The death threats have been coming more and more ever since I answered the press about what I REALLY thought about the president.  I try to hide it with a brave face but its beginning to show when I let my guard down.  Thats why I always hold on to that necklace that the mother daughter pair in Peru gave me.  Its almost like they really knew me and said that it will make sure I'll never be hurt again.

I'm on stage, belting out one of my trademark high notes while all the lights are on me when I see out of the corner of my eye that someone slips through security to run on stage.Everything starts out in slow motion as he runs towards me and I'm trying to finish this verse to not alarm the crowd.  The necklace flashes a light and then theres another lightshow within the spotlight only its all around me.

The guy pulls out a knife and he plunges it into my chest while I'm slowly processing all of it.  I'm expecting to feel pain but don't.  I look down expecting to see my blood but don't see that either.  I see HIS...all over his hand since the blade bent and broke in different pieces as if it couldn't penetrate my skin.  At this point, I just wanted away from him so I shove him.  I expect to see him to fall off the stage but instead he flies off as if he were launched by a slingshot.  He soars over row A all the way to row N! (don't ask me HOW I could see what row that is but I just KNEW).  What I also knew at that moment is that things would never be the same for me again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, shadar, ChaozCloud, CANNNNIS

• thewisewatcher
More
20 Feb 2021 19:40 #70524 by thewisewatcher
Replied by thewisewatcher on topic WiseWatcher Short Stories
Waking up SUPER

Here I am, a 25 year old med school graduate and I have my whole life ahead of me but the first thing I think of is that I want MORE. Its the last thing that I think of before I go to sleep and the first thing from when I wake up. Still in the midway point between being awake and asleep, I feel really cold and reach for my blanket but can't find it. I open my eyes and look down and see haze. I'm shocked an swipe my hands to see smoke and think we have a fire until my swiping reveals the ground below me....by about 10,000 feet.

In my confusion I fail to notice a plane coming up behind me. I yell "What the F*" while wanting to move out of the way and if by instinct I just narrowly DO. As I watch the 747 leave I look down and see my feet and then a whole lot of night sky. Looking forward, I will myself to want to move and speed into the horizon like a rocket.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChaozCloud, CANNNNIS

• thewisewatcher
More
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds