Amount

Fantastic Superwoman

21 Feb 2010 15:14 #18306 by inactive
Replied by inactive on topic Re: SuperWoman

Agreed. I'll take the skirt any day. I'm not knocking the other look either - different strokes for different folks. But the classic Supergirl costume is my favorite.

Umm...no offense, but gimme the skirt over this type of outfit anyday! The right figured girl might be able to pull it off, but not many are built like "Kara" from Elseworlds!

ElF

I love the look, but it's much harder to pull off in real life than the classic.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

- GeekSeven

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Feb 2010 17:57 #18310 by Spulo
Replied by Spulo on topic Re: Fantastic Superwoman
Oh, the skirt is fine...for a Supergirl. But if she's in the blue tights (and red undies, thems important too) then she's more of a Superwoman, at least in my eyes...and personally, I prefer a woman to a girl.
:wink:

More
21 Feb 2010 21:33 #18313 by inactive

More
22 Feb 2010 00:10 #18314 by CaptainIrishman
Replied by CaptainIrishman on topic Re: Fantastic Superwoman
Hmmmmm.
If only there was some way we could get a message out to the likes of Bully Pup, Jonx or Heavenly Heroines so they could possibly test out the "Supergirl vs Superwoman" debate in photographical form .....

hmmmmm.
Now (hint hint) perhaps there are also writers out there who could furnish the boys like Jonx, Bully, the Project Superwoman crew with scripts that take the debate to a conclusion (I was going to use the word climax but thought better of it) that doesn't have to go 18's or xxx.

............and then there could be a vote for best story, or best form of conflict resolution (it doesn't have to be violent), or which one looked hottest.

:) winning site gets a free month at the losers site :)
(only joking)

still
it would be a nice way to put this matter of which is sexier (Superwoman or Supergirl) to rest ;)

hmmmmmm..... if only there was a way to get the message out. Like a bat signal. But with different curves.

(

More
01 Mar 2010 20:20 #18371 by superheroinebabes

• superheroinebabes
More
01 Mar 2010 20:26 #18372 by superheroinebabes

• superheroinebabes
More
07 Mar 2010 01:52 #18410 by elekid125
Replied by elekid125 on topic Re: Fantastic Superwoman
Not sure where he found it, but YouTube user superma41 has a cool background photo that fits this discussion.

www.youtube.com/user/superma41#p/a

More
07 Mar 2010 02:33 #18412 by superheroinebabes

• superheroinebabes
More
07 Mar 2010 05:14 #18413 by CaptainIrishman
Replied by CaptainIrishman on topic Re: Fantastic Superwoman
Can we get one of the regular photo shooters to shoot a Supergirl set like this?

More
07 Mar 2010 05:56 #18414 by elekid125
Replied by elekid125 on topic Re: Fantastic Superwoman
I'm sure you could post the suggestion over on "The Steeles" thread for Bully_pup's consideration. He seems like a cool guy.

More
07 Mar 2010 14:24 #18415 by Spulo

More
01 Oct 2010 20:36 #20453 by Spulo
If anyone's still interested I think I've ID'd the original video. Looks like it's from Super Heroine Domination 06:

www.akiba-web.com/giga/product/?product_id=2263&menu=1

Judging by the description and the pictures on the cover it looks like a fun-filled romp for the whole family... :?

More
01 Oct 2010 22:48 #20462 by superheroinebabes
Replied by superheroinebabes on topic ?

If anyone's still interested I think I've ID'd the original video. Looks like it's from Super Heroine Domination 06:

www.akiba-web.com/giga/product/?product_id=2263&menu=1

Judging by the description and the pictures on the cover it looks like a fun-filled romp for the whole family... :?

This does NOT look like the same woman to me but the costume is similiar

• superheroinebabes
More
03 Oct 2010 21:46 #20487 by Spulo
No, it is that one. I've just downloaded it.

:shock:

I try to keep an open mind when it comes to other people's fetishes - I figure that's only fair considering my own - but these videos are just nasty. Why are they so successful? How is watching someone so beautiful suffering brutal torment for a hour supposed to be in any way erotic? Seeing that they're capable of some really good ubergirl action only makes it even more depressing that they're wasting their talent with...this.

In addition to what's already been posted there are a couple of flying shots and another decent fight scene (against the baddy plus three more) before she takes a kryptonite arrow in the breast, but after that it's just an hour-long beating. By the end of it she looks like a human pin-cushion. :x

Then there's an ending in which I guess the bad guy tries to steal her powers or something, but it doesn't work and she gets her powers back and recovers enough to take him on again. At least I assume that's what'll happen, cos that's the point where it ends. :roll:

There are some behind-the-scenes shots tagged on the end too.

More
04 Oct 2010 06:13 #20495 by veggicidal2
Replied by veggicidal2 on topic Re: Fantastic Superwoman
I agree with you, man. The super-woman is fantastic, but I can't stand how they spend a whole hour just brutalizing her. I do not understand how there is such a large market for that stuff.

• veggicidal2
  • veggicidal2's Avatar Topic Author
More
04 Oct 2010 09:56 #20496 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Re: Fantastic Superwoman

I agree with you, man. The super-woman is fantastic, but I can't stand how they spend a whole hour just brutalizing her. I do not understand how there is such a large market for that stuff.

I've thought about it for a while now and in the end I belive it's because of a form of fear. The female liberation is a very recent thing, in many countries the non-discrimination is less than a century old. As a consequence many people still fell threatened by a strong capable woman. The whole "peril/degradation" thing is a sort of reaction to this fear, by taking a superheroine - by definition the symbol of strong, independent woman - and submitting her to these kind of things it's an attempt to reassert control. It's more or less the same principle that spawned all those Wonder Woman fanfiction where she is bound, gaged and possibly degraded in various ways (admitedly many golden age comic books didn't help in this sense).

More
04 Oct 2010 18:33 #20501 by jimbob
Replied by jimbob on topic Re: Fantastic Superwoman
While complete peril films might have something to do with that. In cases where the heroine is brutalized but endures it and still wins in the end, I think they're just looking to fill in some plot. Especially in Japan which is big on the antagonist having a massive advantage for most of the story and the protagonist going through hell.

Sure Superheroine fans like non stop ubergirl action and the girl being totally unstoppable and untouchable, but that does not really make for a good story.

This film studio has both. In some cases the heroine is brutalized and defeated, but in others she simply has a long and painful road to victory.

More
05 Oct 2010 05:59 #20504 by veggicidal2
Replied by veggicidal2 on topic Re: Fantastic Superwoman
I understand trying to make the story interesting, but a full 30+ minutes of some dude violently brutalizing some poor woman is hardly pleasant viewing experience to me. Unless there is something truly psychologically wrong with the viewer, I really don't even see how it can be sustainably arousing for anyone else, either.

• veggicidal2
  • veggicidal2's Avatar Topic Author
More
05 Oct 2010 06:39 #20505 by jimbob
Replied by jimbob on topic Re: Fantastic Superwoman
In case I admit yeah it's pretty much brutal peril.

But I've seen some folks complain about "peril" in things such as Astrogirl, which isn't peril so much as the heroine having a hard time against the main villain for a few minutes instead of stomping him like a generic thug, despite him being the main villain and therefore making sense being a credible threat.

More
05 Oct 2010 09:26 #20507 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Re: Fantastic Superwoman

While complete peril films might have something to do with that. In cases where the heroine is brutalized but endures it and still wins in the end, I think they're just looking to fill in some plot. Especially in Japan which is big on the antagonist having a massive advantage for most of the story and the protagonist going through hell.

Sure Superheroine fans like non stop ubergirl action and the girl being totally unstoppable and untouchable, but that does not really make for a good story.

This film studio has both. In some cases the heroine is brutalized and defeated, but in others she simply has a long and painful road to victory.

Giving the main character some hard times is simply needed to have a good story. Either physical or mental a character must have some kind of struggle, face something of challenge in order to keep the plot going. Physical struggle is generally easier than mental struggle to use because it's more visual, it gave a more immediate and recognizable pattern to follow. Paul Dini once said that the Riddler was the hardest villain to use in Batman the Animated Serie, because the challenge was a pure intellectual one, there was no room for direct physical confrontation.

In case I admit yeah it's pretty much brutal peril.

But I've seen some folks complain about "peril" in things such as Astrogirl, which isn't peril so much as the heroine having a hard time against the main villain for a few minutes instead of stomping him like a generic thug, despite him being the main villain and therefore making sense being a credible threat.

I think that's because there is a problem in perception, japanese superheroine productions (aside from the Sentai/Power Rangers) are notorious for being big on the peril side. As a consequence many fans perceive every scene with the heroine in the slightest pain as a hint of a peril scene to come. True many scenes in Astro Girl were a little on the border between simple struggle and downright peril, but I think that they avoided the problem pretty well.

More
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds