Amount

Bionic Revenge on Youtube

05 Oct 2013 18:59 #33334 by AJF
Bionic Revenge on Youtube was created by AJF
Sorry I don't have a link, but somebody just posted a Bionic Woman short film on Youtube called Bionic Revenge.

It seems to be from the UK and features an angry Bionic woman throat lifting another woman several times. The BW seems to at least partialy blame the other woman for something that happened to her.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AJF
  • AJF's Avatar Topic Author
More
05 Oct 2013 19:38 #33336 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Bionic Revenge on Youtube

Has nice camera work and at a kind of nice performance, from the victim.

But kind of a werid vibe. This is defiently superheroines as horror movie monster. Which isn't something i would do but is *something* I'll give it that. Would be curious to see what they could do with this as a feature.

More
05 Oct 2013 19:54 #33337 by j2001
Replied by j2001 on topic Bionic Revenge on Youtube
Nice find. From a production standpoint, I'd say the best thing of the video is the lighting, truly professional. The rest is so-so but enjoyable. Still, I don't understand what's the point of the video given its lack of context. Judging by the amount of time the victim spends hanging down from the other woman's hand, it might be a fetish clip for suffocation enthusiasts.

But damn, it reminds me of how incredibly good Sackhoff was in that role.

More
05 Oct 2013 20:29 #33339 by fats
Replied by fats on topic Bionic Revenge on Youtube
i've looked at the video and i have noticed a few technical issues with the video, they used autofocus rather than manual focus so when the camera is on her feet the swaying motion was causing the AF to hunt for the focus point. The colour grading could do with a bit of a touch up, the skin tone looked a little pale and the eye colour was a little off. last point was the sound, it needed a bit more post production done to it the sound was a little thin. most of the problems are a problem from the use of a DSLR camera to shoot on.

Other than that it's a good little video.

Fats

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
05 Oct 2013 21:06 #33340 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Bionic Revenge on Youtube

fats wrote: i've looked at the video and i have noticed a few technical issues with the video, they used autofocus rather than manual focus so when the camera is on her feet the swaying motion was causing the AF to hunt for the focus point. The colour grading could do with a bit of a touch up, the skin tone looked a little pale and the eye colour was a little off. last point was the sound, it needed a bit more post production done to it the sound was a little thin. most of the problems are a problem from the use of a DSLR camera to shoot on.

Other than that it's a good little video.

Fats

I'll defend this as asethic for the most part. Yeah the color was a little pale at times in the shoot, but that kind of worked for it-it really had a good creepy movie look for it. One of the great things about modern cameras is how they can make intresting greys. Noticed the slightly out of focusness on the shot-and if that may not be delibreate it was intresting-it creating an intresting dynamic in the shoot.

Will agree about the sound though. the effects didn't quite mix well. Sound effect mixing your rarely see well on the internet.

The editng felt a little long. i suspect if this was an actual scene in a movie it would have been maybe 2 minutes long if that-it did felt it lingered on the one real special effect it had(the throat lift), which is not in the scheme of things that special. Yet the lingering did go for its thing. it Did make you feel for the victim, and that she was suffering. Again not something i really *liked* but it was something. You wanted her to escape, win which is something you rarely get from mainstream horror films. This may be suffication fetish video but there is a good performance in it even if its just death.

Castor

More
06 Oct 2013 16:05 #33350 by superfunk
Replied by superfunk on topic Bionic Revenge on Youtube
This is a product of perilfilm. Like all other perilfilm products, the main plot is the display of F/F throatlift and peril. Occasionally it is possible to see other strength features. Despite the peril part is not for my taste, I find the production quality of the throatlifts really good. For anyone, who is interested to see more can follow this link,

perilfilm.wordpress.com/

More
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds