Amount

How does one go about producing videos?

14 Aug 2015 03:07 #43657 by DarkNinja
How does one go about producing videos? was created by DarkNinja
I have some ideas for a series of super women videos. Nothing X rated or gory or anything like that. How could I find actresses to star in them? I'm rather nervous about asking my female friends to participate. If not, if anyone is interested I'll pitch you my ideas. I'm not looking for monetary gain. I see a lot of great content, but I have never really seen something that caters 100% to my liking. I just want to see something out there that I love.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DarkNinja
  • DarkNinja's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 Aug 2015 04:08 #43658 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic How does one go about producing videos?
From personal experience, I'd pitch your ideas to established genre producers first. Some may be willing but more than likely they'll require you to purchase a custom to make your fantasies 100% come thru. However, it's doubtful it'll ever live up to your imagination.

I've written several scripts for a bunch of genre producers and have gotten more than a few of them made, but they rarely, if ever, come out like I totally envision them. But that's what happens when someone else tries to interpret your visiion, at least in my experience. Still, it's more often been a fun and creative experience for me. PM or email me if you want anymore specifics or have any questions. I'm hardly an expert but I'm happy to share my experiences.

ElF
The following user(s) said Thank You: DarkNinja

More
14 Aug 2015 11:07 - 14 Aug 2015 11:09 #43660 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic How does one go about producing videos?
I too always wanted to make a movie.
I borrowed a camera.
I wrote down a list of scenes I wanted to shoot.
Got some friends who had a sense of humor to dress up.
We went out into the woods and shot until my memory cards were full.
We had a ton of fun.
We were flexible and adapted the script to suit the conditions.
Then we had a meal at a fast food restaurant,
My actors were still in costume.
When I got home I watched the raw video.
Tons of mistakes were made.
Lots of bad shots.
But, there was some really good stuff there also.
I used the video editing software that came with my PC and cut together a serviceable short movie.
It was pretty rough.
I have made friends with some talented friends in the low budget film making business.
One of them really liked my movie and did a much better edit for me and added some special effects and music.
It came out pretty good.
Still rough around the edges but you could see the heart that went into the movie.
He even went so far as to put it as an extra on a DVD for one of his movies.

My advice is to just do it yourself.
Have fun.
Show the rough cut to anyone that will watch it and see what happens.
Someone might have a friend who has a friend.........

I showed my movie at a large party were my cast was attending with some of their friends.
I got several volunteers to be in my next movie.
I'm just now waiting for the fall so it can be a little cooler.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 14 Aug 2015 11:09 by Markiehoe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SHTL, DarkNinja

More
14 Aug 2015 11:19 #43661 by Markiehoe
In addition....
This is now 2015, the quality of home video equipment is off the charts.
Editing is done on a computer on your desk.
My borrowed video camera was an High Definition model.
I shot my movie in HD!
The picture was crisp, clear and sharp.
The built in microphone was so good it picked up the propeller noises of small aircraft flying overhead.
Not good when the movie you are making is a western.
Luckily my friend the editor was able to rework that scene with some background music.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SHTL, DarkNinja

More
14 Aug 2015 14:56 #43663 by SHTL
Replied by SHTL on topic How does one go about producing videos?
It's always a thing to celebrate when someone goes from words to action..so thank you
SHTL
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe

More
15 Aug 2015 01:59 #43666 by enchantederotica
Replied by enchantederotica on topic How does one go about producing videos?
Take it from someone who has a BA in Film and an Emmy Nomination for Video Production. No. Not joking here.

Apart from the obvious: get a camera. All cameras are pretty much HD now-a-days. Some places might rent them. I prefer to own, but depends on your wallet size. Also get a tripod. For the love of god, get a tripod. If you get a tripod, you can instantly do a ton of effects such as teleporting and laser eyes. Quite easy. Monopods are fantastic as well, but not so great for effects. Also to edit: you can get Premiere Pro for $20/mo, then cancel it when you’re done editing. Professional stuff. The software’s quite easy to use. Try it free for 30 days to see if you like it. You really should know how to edit before you do anything, Makes shooting much easier.

After that, it’s really up to your dedication to learning what works and what doesn’t. Do tests before you work on your masterpiece. Make mistakes on simple stuff. Don’t go out and try to make the movie you WANT to make first. Do demos. Do trial/error. Figure things out ... and PLAN AHEAD.

Supernautral women with superpowered sex-drives: www.enchantederotica.com

• enchantederotica
More
15 Aug 2015 03:56 #43667 by www1969
Replied by www1969 on topic How does one go about producing videos?

enchantederotica wrote: Also get a tripod. For the love of god, get a tripod.

As it happens, I HAVE an Emmy for video production, and in the name of all that's holy, get a tripod.

(Also everything else EE said. There are free options, but Premiere is cool, and not as hard as you might think. If you get good at it, you can do some pretty decent special effects.)

Also, despite Markiehoe's positive experience, audio is especially tricky with home equipment. Try to tell your story with a minimum of dialogue. Use voiceover narration when you can, and if you need to do dialogue, do it in closeup where not only the camera but also the microphone is closer to your subject.

More
15 Aug 2015 04:33 #43668 by fats
Replied by fats on topic How does one go about producing videos?
what you need to produce a movie is a few things.

The idea is the main thing that you need - you have that.

You need gear, some you can hire, some you can buy, the three items that you should own are the camera, it's the most important thing that you will own, a Tripod is also a important bit of kit to own, also a audio recorder, built in mics on most cameras are pants, and the audio codec's used in cameras is also poor, a good external audio recorder that records in wav format will give you plenty of scope to edit.

Editing software is very very powerful now a days, Premiere Pro is brilliant but the learning curve is quite steep with it, you can achieve just as good results with free software

Next you need is actors, they come in all shapes and sizes they can cost a fortune but can come in very cheaply, look at your local uni's and colleges you will be able to get some amateurs for
next to nothing, some will want to do it for fun, others for experience and some more just do it for the cash.

This next bit is the hardest to get, that is permission, not knowing where in the world you are shooting outdoors can require a permit to shoot, you will need to find out what is needed and how much, because it's a not for profile endeavour you should be able to get away with not having to get one but it's always better to check before you go out and shoot.

enchantederotica idea about doing some test shots is a good one, it's better to make mistakes when testing stuff rather than making mistakes in the final item.

if you can provide more info and a idea of budget, i can let you know what gear would suit you, i've done this a hundreds of times.

Fats

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
15 Aug 2015 09:32 #43669 by DarkNinja
Replied by DarkNinja on topic How does one go about producing videos?
All great advice, but how could I sell the idea of sexy super girl to someone I want to cast? I think that's my biggest problem. I have a few kinks that I'm afraid might sound weird or creepy if I say them out loud. Nothing too raunchy. Like if I want an actress to show up to the set wearing summer clothes and barefoot, would that sound weird?

• DarkNinja
  • DarkNinja's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 Aug 2015 10:24 #43670 by Markiehoe
It was 34 degrees outside when I shot my video.
When it was time to shoot my actress took off her coat and started acting.
There are really awesome women out there that are good sports.
Just be up front with them.
"I need a sexy, kick ass actress for a movie and I think you'd be perfect for the part." Might be a good opening line.
Point out shows like Wonder Woman and Xena where strong, take charge women wear sexy outfits and completely own the role.

More
15 Aug 2015 12:23 #43671 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic How does one go about producing videos?

DarkNinja wrote: All great advice, but how could I sell the idea of sexy super girl to someone I want to cast? I think that's my biggest problem. I have a few kinks that I'm afraid might sound weird or creepy if I say them out loud. Nothing too raunchy. Like if I want an actress to show up to the set wearing summer clothes and barefoot, would that sound weird?

I think it's a little easier now that our genre is more mainstream these days. I would agree with Markiehoe about being upfront .....and PROFESSIONAL! Explain what you are doing and what your vision is and you might be surprised. Some females wil do it for the pay check only, but it is surprisingly refreshing when they welcome the role.

Elf

More
15 Aug 2015 20:59 #43674 by castor
Replied by castor on topic How does one go about producing videos?
Well,

The other day i cast one of my leads for the movie project i am working on. She told me "Well my inner six year old is so happy right now!"

I have said before in other places: Women watch Superhero movies all the time. Women read comics. Women do lots of stuff. Most numbers suggests its all close to 50/50. But...well yeah.

And actors want to act. Thats what they do. There are plenty plenty of exceptions but tell them they get to be batman for a couple of days and they will flip out for it They like playing pretend its what they do. Models to even(a lot of whom are struggling actresses)- they want to do stuff and have fun.

Even non professionals want to have fun. Working in film production you see people all the time who walk on set do a small role, and have a blast. making movies is some of the funnest things you can do on two feet.

i would hand them a completed professionally done script(not to hard: Rules are around, though actors aren't studios and don't care all that much about the exact number of spaces), and see what they say.

More
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds