Amount

Bluestone Girl Power Group Custom Video!

21 Mar 2019 08:56 - 21 Mar 2019 08:57 #63300 by Director B
Replied by Director B on topic Bluestone Girl Power Group Custom Video!
Wow, it looks like this is dead before it's started, nobody can say we didn't try and it's a good deal as well, paying for the exact fetish you as a paying customer want, shot how you want it, paying customers will also get extras, stills, bloopers, extra footage, behind the scenes footage. Never mind. Onwards! :-) 

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 21 Mar 2019 08:57 by Director B.
The topic has been locked.
More
21 Mar 2019 11:55 #63305 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Bluestone Girl Power Group Custom Video!
I have had it with you Director B.
You are an arrogant.
$100 for a 7 minute video is not trying.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kamelmann, Ravens_ghost, kikass2014
More
21 Mar 2019 14:37 #63307 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic Bluestone Girl Power Group Custom Video!

Director B wrote: Wow, it looks like this is dead before it's started, nobody can say we didn't try and it's a good deal as well, paying for the exact fetish you as a paying customer want, shot how you want it, paying customers will also get extras, stills, bloopers, extra footage, behind the scenes footage. Never mind. Onwards! :-) 

Dude, it's only been a week. I just saw this thread a couple of days ago and have been considering what "element" I might want my $100 to go toward. Not to mention where I'm going to get the $100 from... I'm sure others are in the same boat.

To be honest, $3000 does seem a little steep. I've paid for Customs outright by myself for way less than that. Not sure how much of the actual costs they covered themselves though.

I appreciate you trying this approach. I think it could work given enough time. Hopefully, we can come back to this at some point in the future and your still able to do it.
More
21 Mar 2019 18:35 - 21 Mar 2019 18:36 #63310 by Caylane
Replied by Caylane on topic Bluestone Girl Power Group Custom Video!

Markiehoe wrote: I have had it with you Director B.
You are an arrogant.
$100 for a 7 minute video is not trying.

I’m really glad someone said it.
Last edit: 21 Mar 2019 18:36 by Caylane.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe
More
21 Mar 2019 19:54 #63312 by bionicskillz
Replied by bionicskillz on topic Bluestone Girl Power Group Custom Video!
Would all the videos revolve around Bluestone characters? I'm guessing they would. THere wouldn't be generic type characters with other costumes performing feats of strength?

I could watch a whole movie of just having Melody bending and breaking things with like minimal story and one other person in the video. That's all I need.
More
21 Mar 2019 22:26 - 21 Mar 2019 22:30 #63315 by Totally Kyle
Replied by Totally Kyle on topic Bluestone Girl Power Group Custom Video!
I would LOVE to see a high-budget video of Natasha Anastasia's Supernova beat up a bunch of men with her super strength, preferably with a throat lift or two thrown in there, as well. Maybe set the video in a warehouse so she can throw forklifts and other heavy machinery at them. I would happily pay money to get a quality video production with that kind of stuff in it, but your method for funding this thing is absolutely nonsensical on every conceivable level.

First of all, I wanted to get a look at how "high quality" your videos are, but your website doesn't seem to be working. I can't rent any of the videos that are there.

Second, I don't think that SuperWomanMania is as popular as you think it is. Admittedly, I am new here and I don't have any idea how many users there are here. But at the time of me writing this, there are only 22 people online. So, I really don't know if this website has a ton of people on it, let alone a ton of people who have a hundred dollars to spare.

Third, you said that you will only collect the pledges of the people whose elements will actually be featured in the video. This means that you don't actually need thirty people to pay a hundred dollars each, you need thirty people WHO ARE ALL IN AGREEMENT WITH EACH OTHER to pay a hundred dollars each.

Fourth, there are probably a bunch of people here who don't have any specific preferences and just want to see a high budget superwoman movie. The comment directly above mine is proof of that. And a hundred dollars seems pretty steep for somebody that isn't picky about the content and just wants to help fund a decent video.

And Fifth, I checked your website and found that your videos cost THREE DOLLARS to rent, so asking us to pledge one hundred dollars seems a little ridiculous knowing how cheap the videos are going to come to everyone else. I understand that you're giving us the privilege of deciding what kind of content will be in the video, but asking us to pay over 30x the price of admission seems a little crazy.

I would love to help fund this thing, but every single thing about it is wrong. If this whole thing was funded like a normal kickstarter project, or something else of that nature, I would be all over this.

First of all, fix your website so I can actually rent the videos that are there. Doing so might help me feel more comfortable investing in you guys. And then, instead of asking people to say "I'll pledge a hundred dollars if you add this," I think we should just TALK about what kind of stuff we want in the video. And, once you have a decent enough idea of what the majority of us want to see, give us an actual pitch so that we will all know exactly what kind of video we will be paying for. And then, once everyone is in agreement (or as close as we can possibly get to agreement) you ask each of us to pledge just a LITTLE bit more money than what it will eventually cost for everyone else to purchase the movie when it's out. For example, if you're planning on selling the movie for twenty dollars, you should ask everyone to pay thirty dollars. MAYBE fifty. 

I really want to see this project go somewhere, but I'm not interested in MAYBE having the ability to POSSIBLY put something that I want into a movie if it's only going to be a seven-minute film that will cost me a hundred dollars when everyone else will be able to rent it for three.
Last edit: 21 Mar 2019 22:30 by Totally Kyle.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stmercy2020, Kamelmann, erikphandel, morgonen
More
21 Mar 2019 23:35 #63316 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Bluestone Girl Power Group Custom Video!
I give kudos for BlueStone making the reach out attempt.  When I first saw it I figured it was DOA.  They have some fine looking actresses and a professional crew.  This isn't Heels4Kicks folks.  
  • Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
22 Mar 2019 00:42 #63317 by Director B
Replied by Director B on topic Bluestone Girl Power Group Custom Video!
Wow, there are some mean-spirited people here so I will ignore their comments I'll let Blue answer your questions.
More
22 Mar 2019 00:51 #63318 by Markiehoe

Director B wrote: Wow, there are some mean-spirited people here so I will ignore their comments I'll let Blue answer your questions.

Perhaps when you grow up a little and act like a professional people will treat you better.
Chastising potential customers for not responding for your outlandish request for $100 for a 7 minute video is pretty petty.
More
22 Mar 2019 00:53 #63319 by Markiehoe

Sarge395 wrote: I give kudos for BlueStone making the reach out attempt.  When I first saw it I figured it was DOA.  They have some fine looking actresses and a professional crew.  This isn't Heels4Kicks folks.  

I agree with the fine looking actresses and the technical crew is professional.
Director B acts like a child who has no place trying to sell anything.
More
22 Mar 2019 00:53 #63320 by erikphandel
Replied by erikphandel on topic Bluestone Girl Power Group Custom Video!
I'm with Kyle, I'm very interested in the project, but I think the model you're using to fund it is fundamentally flawed. I have no condition at all to pay $100 for a movie, and I think having a lot of people dictating what they want to put in your movie is a recipe for disaster
More
22 Mar 2019 01:21 - 22 Mar 2019 01:22 #63321 by Bluestone
Replied by Bluestone on topic Bluestone Girl Power Group Custom Video!
Well, to address Totally Kyle's points, you seem to be trying to access a very old site where we once featured shortened versions of our videos. That site is no longer in operation and will not be revived. Our videos are NOT sold or rented for $3 each. They are sold for prices that range between about $18 and $25, and free trailers for our videos are viewable on the site that you should be checking out here: www.sultrysuperheroines.com
Just go to any of the titles on that site and click the trailer link. That will clearly show you the quality of the videos without investing a single cent.

Kyle's point about the number of members here makes a lot of sense, because it would take a fair number of contributors to support the proposed project. Although we have been quite successful with this approach on the other forums, the smaller one of them has over 8,000 members, and the larger one has close to 24,000 members. So,the Girl Power group appears to be too small a marketplace to support such a project. 

Notwithstanding, we will try one of the suggestions above. Why don't you all feel free to share what you'd like to see in Girl Power video, and we will try to craft a revised proposal for this group. Yes, we would have to use our standard Bluestone heroines. A member has already offered $200 to have Supernova star in the video, so that is who we will feature in the video. Now, let us know what you'd like to see in the video, and you're not limited to only one element, nor do you have to pledge anything at this point. Right now, we're just collecting ideas. Then, we'll put those ideas together and propose an actual storyline for the Girl Power video.

Does that sound fair?

Blue 

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 22 Mar 2019 01:22 by Bluestone. Reason: Delete attachment
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, stmercy2020, Totally Kyle
  • Bluestone
  • Bluestone's Avatar Topic Author
More
22 Mar 2019 01:39 #63322 by stmercy2020
Replied by stmercy2020 on topic Bluestone Girl Power Group Custom Video!
Okay, this latest post sounds like it's a lot more in tune with what people are wanting and needing. Before I say anything about what I would like to see in a movie, I actually do want to see a couple short clips to give me an idea of what is realistic and possible, so I'll pop over to your website and take a gander.

As for the amount I would be willing to contribute, I can say right away that a flat $100 all at once is a non-starter for me (too many other responsibilities, at the moment), but having some method of contributing that much over a few months would be very attainable.

One thing I would like to know about, incidentally, is a breakdown of what you expect production costs to look like; if we're talking about a $6,000 short film, then knowing how my money is being used in some detail is pretty important to me.
More
22 Mar 2019 03:10 - 22 Mar 2019 03:16 #63325 by bionicskillz
Lets come up with a list of stuff we want to see. Like outfits, scenes, location, prop, etc....

Here is my pipedrea...I mean, vision:

Model - DANICA or Melody or Melanie
Outfit - Shiny catsuit and thigh high shiny boots
Prop - Fake iron jail bars
Prop - fake bendable iron lock
Prop - Fake iron pipe
Prop - Rubber gun
Prop - Foam rubber crowbar
Action - bends and breaks that stuff.
Action - kicks in a door (nice to see it come off the hinge)
Action - Performs a bionic jump. (not like an actual Bionic Woman stunt double but maybe some fancy shortcut camera angle and edits)
Action - sexy slow motion running
Action - beats up a thug with a high kick to the face and than throws him across the room.
Action - all actions in slow motion recorded at high fps for sexy smoothness

Lets recreate our favorite super strong scenes from TV and movie history, too.

Come on! Who wouldn't watch my movie????
Last edit: 22 Mar 2019 03:16 by bionicskillz.
More
22 Mar 2019 03:18 #63326 by bionicskillz
Also - for Bluestone and other filmmakers out there, is posting videos on Youtube an option to monetize? But still have your own retail store to sell. Hear me out - the Youtube version could be and shorter edited version and the full HQ version for sale on a website and also different channels too, like clips4sale, etc. Thoughts?
More
22 Mar 2019 03:27 #63327 by Bluestone

stmercy2020 wrote: ...One thing I would like to know about, incidentally, is a breakdown of what you expect production costs to look like; if we're talking about a $6,000 short film, then knowing how my money is being used in some detail is pretty important to me.

Well, that's fair. With respect to the $6,000 cost, this is the rough breakdown, since we have been at this for many years and shoot 1-4 videos a month, we have it down to quite a science:

Crew: $2,800 (assuming 5-6 crew, including: Director, Makeup Girl, Lighting, Sound, Stunt-Coordinator and Continuity)
Cast: $1,800 (assuming 2 cast members - one of which would be one of our gorgeous actresses)
Studio: $1,400 (1 day)

Blue

The following user(s) said Thank You: stmercy2020
  • Bluestone
More
22 Mar 2019 03:53 #63328 by stmercy2020
Replied by stmercy2020 on topic Bluestone Girl Power Group Custom Video!

Crew: $2,800 (assuming 5-6 crew, including: Director, Makeup Girl, Lighting, Sound, Stunt-Coordinator and Continuity)
Cast: $1,800 (assuming 2 cast members - one of which would be one of our gorgeous actresses)
Studio: $1,400 (1 day)

That seems pretty reasonable; it also explains how you can eat approx. 3k of the production costs. I noticed in the sample clips I browsed that much of your SFX appeared to have been rendered in a render engine such as DAZ or Poser, and then the actress was edited in (greenscreen, I'm guessing); while that's a very affordable method to use for FX, it does present some challenges, not least of which is blending the actress's movements to match those of the digitally rendered video. If, for example, you want to have Danica tossing a forklift, she's going to need to do more than just stand there with her arms above her head... Good luck with that, as I suspect, even with all your experience, that's going to be quite the challenge.

As for what I would like to see... I definitely agree with Bionicskillz list of props, all but the crowbar (which has kind of been done to death, in my opinion). I like the idea of any bending and breaking that can be incorporated into the length and plot, and especially the door kick, provided it can be shown to be a properly superstrong kick. I would add lifting heavy things to the list, as well, such as the aforementioned forklift or a truck. I think slow motion scenes should probably only be used sparingly, and cautiously. Especially, don't slow things down by too much, or they become boring.

Important question: if you're paying for two cast members, would there be enough in the budget to have a couple one-hit thugs? Or would the other actor/actress need to be the only other person depicted? If the former, than anything where she can properly thump them is gold. If the latter, then my feeling is the "other" ought to pose a significant threat... before being beaten by Danica's all-around superiority.
More
22 Mar 2019 04:46 #63330 by Totally Kyle

Bluestone wrote: Kyle's point about the number of members here makes a lot of sense, because it would take a fair number of contributors to support the proposed project. Although we have been quite successful with this approach on the other forums, the smaller one of them has over 8,000 members, and the larger one has close to 24,000 members. So,the Girl Power group appears to be too small a marketplace to support such a project. 

Notwithstanding, we will try one of the suggestions above. Why don't you all feel free to share what you'd like to see in Girl Power video, and we will try to craft a revised proposal for this group. Yes, we would have to use our standard Bluestone heroines. A member has already offered $200 to have Supernova star in the video, so that is who we will feature in the video. Now, let us know what you'd like to see in the video, and you're not limited to only one element, nor do you have to pledge anything at this point. Right now, we're just collecting ideas. Then, we'll put those ideas together and propose an actual storyline for the Girl Power video.

Does that sound fair?

Blue 

Yes, that sounds MUCH better. Thanks a lot for listening. Frankly, when I typed up that whole thing, I wasn't actually expecting everybody to take me seriously. So, don't feel compelled to use my "throwing a forklift" scenario. I wasn't really thinking realistically when I suggested that lol
More
22 Mar 2019 14:25 #63343 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic Bluestone Girl Power Group Custom Video!
My wish list would include the following:

- Supernova in her outfit (Don't really care which actress. They are all gorgeous)
- A number of thugs opposed against her (Don't know how many would be feasible. Hopefully at least two or three)
- The thugs trying to hit her with various weapons (Fists, crowbars, bats, knives, guns, whatever...) and her not even noticing them.
- Bending/destroying the weapons.
- Strong, confident attitude by Supernova
- Thugs trying to run away and Supernova cutting them off with her super speed.
- Supernova throat lifting/tossing the guys around with her super strength.
- Supernova telling the thugs right before she knocks them out to tell all their friends about her and that she will be coming for them in a few days.

I'm sure I probably forgot something but in general, that is what I would like to see.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Brad2
More
22 Mar 2019 15:04 #63346 by morgonen
Replied by morgonen on topic Bluestone Girl Power Group Custom Video!
Amen to what Totally Kyle said, and your new approach seems alot better for this project.
I think if you just mix alot of feats from our wishlists you will also have buyers who didn't say anything, some just want a movie with a powerful woman showing her strength. As long as you describe what it contains. 

My wishlist is just different types of lifts from her:
-Supernova double throatlifts two males.
-She lifts a guy (or two) by the belt.
-Feetshot (camera) when they are lifted, so we can see their feets leaving the ground AND dangling in the air.
More
22 Mar 2019 21:33 - 22 Mar 2019 21:35 #63351 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Bluestone Girl Power Group Custom Video!
Love to see how it would fair on KickStarter.  But they take part of the funding and add delays.  I get both sides.  Just never going to get what everyone wants.  Better off to offer a main story with the main effects, plot, villains, actress, costume up front.  Then tweak in the bonus unlocks at certain levels.  

I get how difficult it is to stomach $100 even when you can buy 6 or so TKS or other clips.  On the flip side we are talking a dedicated crew and models.  Not that the other models outside of Bluestone are not good looking but let's face it, these ladies are babes.  
Last edit: 22 Mar 2019 21:35 by Sarge395.
  • Sarge395
More
23 Mar 2019 01:00 #63354 by Bluestone
We are taking notes. So, we could put a plot together, but I'm not sure how we will assess whether or not we'll have enough contributors to actually film this custom. Perhaps, a poll. We could have choices, such as 1) $100 contribution to ensure that a specific element is included, or 2) A commitment to pre-purchase the video for $25. If the results of the poll (one way or another) adds up to $3,000, we could move forward with production. Thoughts?

Blue 
  • Bluestone
More
23 Mar 2019 04:11 #63357 by Totally Kyle

Bluestone wrote: We are taking notes. So, we could put a plot together, but I'm not sure how we will assess whether or not we'll have enough contributors to actually film this custom. Perhaps, a poll. We could have choices, such as 1) $100 contribution to ensure that a specific element is included, or 2) A commitment to pre-purchase the video for $25. If the results of the poll (one way or another) adds up to $3,000, we could move forward with production. Thoughts?

Blue 

I like that idea, but I think we should just take this one step at a time. First, we need a plot. Second, we need to make sure that we're all in agreement on the plot. And THEN we can start talking money. Although if I'm being perfectly honest, I don't really think that we're going to come up with $3,000. But I guess we'll see.
More
23 Mar 2019 13:44 #63361 by Bluestone

Totally Kyle wrote:
I like that idea, but I think we should just take this one step at a time. First, we need a plot. Second, we need to make sure that we're all in agreement on the plot. And THEN we can start talking money. Although if I'm being perfectly honest, I don't really think that we're going to come up with $3,000. But I guess we'll see.

I agree that it's looking less and less likely that the $3,000 is attainable from this forum alone. Are there other Girl Power groups/forums?

Blue
  • Bluestone
More
29 Mar 2019 14:26 #63468 by Totally Kyle

Bluestone wrote:
I agree that it's looking less and less likely that the $3,000 is attainable from this forum alone. Are there other Girl Power groups/forums?

Blue

I don't know of any, but again I'm new here. I was hoping somebody else might have some suggestions, but nobody's said anything in nearly a week.
More
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds