Amount

Greatest Action Heroine Of All Time?

07 Jul 2008 16:40 #12808 by Random321
Greatest Action Heroine Of All Time? was created by Random321
So Rotten Tomatoes has this article ~ it's Action Heroines rather than Super Heroines ~ but I'm still deeply disapointed by the listing.

www.rottentomatoes.com/m/wanted/news/173...heroines_of_all_time

As one other poster said ~ Linda Hamalton is way to far down the list ~ so is Natasha Henstridge (who I don't think counts as "action" but closer to "super." Sigourney Weaver is low too IMHO.

Was Jenn Garner missing from the list?! I can't recall now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Random321
  • Random321's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
08 Jul 2008 05:16 #12813 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: Greatest Action Heroine Of All Time?
These are all "action heroines" from movies. By and large, I think television has done better. Off the top of my head, I can think of half-a-dozen TV heroines whom I'd rank higher than most of the names on this list: Jessica Alba (Dark Angel), Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Summer Glau (Serenity, The Sarah Connor Chronicles), Jennifer O'Dell (The Lost World), Diana Rigg (The Avengers), and Michelle Ryan (The Bionic Woman ... I had my complaints about the series, but none whatsoever about Ms. Ryan!)

More
11 Jul 2008 19:06 #12843 by julievelor
Replied by julievelor on topic Re: Greatest Action Heroine Of All Time?
A few more from "classic" TV:

Lucy Lawless (Xena), Lindsay Wagner (Jamie Sommers aka the Bionic Woman), Lynda Carter (Wonder Woman), JoAnna Cameron (Andrea Thomas/Isis), Yvonne Craig (Batgirl).

And what about Sandra Bullock from the Speed and the Ms. Congeniality series, not to mention a stint as the bionic girl?

More
Time to create page: 0.041 seconds