Amount

Project Superwoman website

03 Nov 2006 19:55 #7251 by derekh37
Project Superwoman website was created by derekh37
here's a new one to keep an eye on
www.projectsuperwoman.com/home.php
superwoman content to watch for!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• derekh37
  • derekh37's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
06 Nov 2006 06:41 #7265 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Re: Project Superwoman website
In case you all are wondering how he got that link ~ I sent it as a special jump start for newsletter members. :D The cat got out of the bag earlier than I expected! 8)

It's true! We're open! The early reaction has been very, very good and I couldn't be happier! I've been listening to all the ideas that have been coming back and I'm already working them into future projects.

RandomFX
www.projectsuperwoman.com
**NOW OPEN :!: ***

More
06 Nov 2006 13:04 #7269 by brantley
Replied by brantley on topic Re: Project Superwoman website
1. You're really hitting the big time now!

2. Hope I can access your videos. Even on my G4 Powerbook at home, some avis play but others don't -- and a few play sound only.

3. I've always thought PAPPAL was a pain in the ass. So do the Steeles.

4. In the unlikely event that you want to adapt any of my free fiction, you're welcome in return for a credit line.

More
06 Nov 2006 15:38 #7270 by Random321
1) Not looking for the big time. Just looking to break new ground.
2) I picked the DIVX format just for people like you who are on Macs. DIVX has a Mac compatible player and I'm using a standard codec. I would be stunned if you had a problem. I know of two other MAC users who have had no problem.
3) PayPal is a pain for people with copyrighted material and running adult picture galleries? Maybe... A pain for ordering? No way ~ it's one of the easiest systems and you don't have to be a member anymore.
4) I'm already working in ideas from the fan community to my original characters and stories.

I’m all about good customer service and the fans. I’ve proactively worked with a few who I was worried might have issues. So far things have gone well! Give it a shot!

RandomFX

More
06 Nov 2006 19:37 #7271 by ultragirl
Replied by ultragirl on topic Re: Project Superwoman website
Hey Random!

I was wondering if you could help me. I have ordered the two vids, but my Windows Media Player won't play them. I am completely up-to-date with Microsoft to my knowledge.

DivX will play them, but won't allow the entire movie to finish.

I used PKZip to unzip both files. I have the latest WMP, and DivX player.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

More
06 Nov 2006 20:04 #7273 by brantley
Maybe you could fly over to his place and have a tete-a-tete.

More
06 Nov 2006 21:06 #7274 by Random321

Hey Random!

I was wondering if you could help me. I have ordered the two vids, but my Windows Media Player won't play them. I am completely up-to-date with Microsoft to my knowledge.

DivX will play them, but won't allow the entire movie to finish.

I used PKZip to unzip both files. I have the latest WMP, and DivX player.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Hey UG,

This is the first file related problem I've had so far...

All those symptoms sound exactly like the file did not download completely. If right clicking and doing a save target as one more time does not help one option is using a download manager program like Gozilla. These are large files ~ so thanks to the nature of the internet they can die or screw up part way into a download. I am a little surprised the ZIP didn’t come up as corrupt however.

The way the different players work with the DIVX format is funny. A DIVX player will be able read the file up to the point where a portion of the file is missing. Microsoft products in all their glory can’t do that. Quicktime defaults to it being an audio file assuming the entire audio track portion of the file is there.

I’m going to test download one of the movie now to see what happens.

RandomFX

More
06 Nov 2006 21:34 #7276 by Random321
From UG Via E-mail:

Problem fixed. We had to "right-click, save as"
instead of simply clicking on the link itself. We got
everything. Thanks again.

See ~ we love our fans at Project Superwoman! <wipes brow> :D

More
07 Nov 2006 04:18 #7282 by brantley
Well, I downloaded your teaser and that works fine, so I guess the other videos will too. You seem to be starting with workout videos, but I trust you'll soon have something more substantial. Are you from Alabma like your model? Some of my people came from an obscureI village in Dale County called Skipperbille. I see your old Manipulations of Steele site seems to have disappeared; well, time marches on to bigger and better things.

More
07 Nov 2006 17:02 #7285 by Random321

Well, I downloaded your teaser and that works fine, so I guess the other videos will too. You seem to be starting with workout videos, but I trust you'll soon have something more substantial.

Saying those videos are just a workout movie would be like saying the Awakening was just a movie about troop movements! Unlike Hollywood I went out of my way to not give away the farm or all of the cooler effects in the teasers.

Bionica: The Beginning starts off with a short stretch and jog but gets a longer running story line established quickly that will evolve in the future episodes.

A Super Workout is more of “a day in the life of” with a “dear diary” voice over that focuses on her powers. What better way to showcase her powers than do a workout.

E-Girl First Strike has nothing workout related in it. That’s a great little establishing story that I can’t wait to roll out. It really showcases invulnerability among other powers.

All of these characters will grow and evolve. I’ve already got their futures plotted and Bionica 2, 3, 4, and 5 written. You should take a look at the entire movies, she’s great to watch, and there is so much more to the videos.

RandomFX

More
07 Nov 2006 17:15 #7287 by brantley
Good news.

More
16 Nov 2006 00:43 #7344 by mo
Replied by mo on topic Re: Project Superwoman website
Great vids - and really good value too. The model is great, I love her athletism and there are some very cool special effects, all the more impressive as its only the first couple of vids!

I'm already looking forward to the next ones:)

May I also add how fantastic the customer service has been. Great stuff.

More
16 Nov 2006 03:36 #7345 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Re: Project Superwoman website
So, Random, who is your actress? How did you find such a perfect young woman to play the role? How does your videotaping and production process work?

Shadar

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
16 Nov 2006 20:08 #7350 by Random321

So, Random, who is your actress? How did you find such a perfect young woman to play the role? How does your videotaping and production process work?

Shadar

Her name is Michaela. She’s not from any place in particular (moved around a bit) but has a southern accent mixed with a Northeast US/Swedish Heritage raspy voice. She’s 5-10 and fit, very enthusiastic, and fun to work with.

She’s a big Supergirl fan. I don’t want to misrepresent her: She doesn’t know the entire back story of the comics so she’s not some over the top fan girl. But she loves the movie, has Supergirl shirts, and a beer cozy among other things.

We block out an entire day to shoot and focus on the work. I write the scripts, send them to her for review. I’m very methodical with planning and schedules and I keep her in the loop. So far we’ve done chronological shooting for the most part. That’s going to change at our next huge three day straight session, so wish me luck. Everything goes in the ‘can’ and I go home. I don’t sleep for a week and one short is born. Haha

I use a combination of Adobe After Effects (SFX), Adobe Premier (Editing), Microsoft Movie Maker (Editing), Blender (3D Effects/Models), Gimp (Still, Mask Layering, FX), Photoshop (Still, Mask Layering, FX).

We’re slowly building up the stories and stunts as budgets and time allow. I’ve started recruiting others to help me with web stuff, 3D Effects. I’m always open to simple story ideas.

The goal is to grow at a reasonable pace so that I’m never out a HUGE amount of $$ and we can react to fans applause or booing… In the end I’m doing this for fun, and it has been fun (even if stressful/scary at times). If this grows and the fans support our early efforts I’ve got some great ideas of what we can do in the future.

More
16 Nov 2006 20:11 #7352 by Random321

Great vids - and really good value too. The model is great, I love her athletism and there are some very cool special effects, all the more impressive as its only the first couple of vids!

I'm already looking forward to the next ones:)

May I also add how fantastic the customer service has been. Great stuff.

Wow ~ thanks! :D That's about as good as it gets!

{shhh} I'm looking to roll out our next video Friday. It's got some really neat invulnerability stuff in it <fingers crossed> {/shhh}

More
18 Nov 2006 21:36 #7365 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Latest Update E-Girl
Well I just bought and watched the latest episode. Very nice update. It starts with Michaela watching her favorite movie (take a wild guess) and dozing off. She gets zapped mysteriously via the powerline through the TV. Not sure what is in the 'zap' but it must have liked the movie as well. She wakes up and discovers/plays with her powers. She takes another nap and the peeping tom comes in. She doesn't stand for it and plays with him a bit. Theres more but that is the gist of it.

Looking forward to more FX and powers. Great stuff.

• Sarge395
More
20 Nov 2006 21:12 #7370 by mo
Replied by mo on topic Re: Project Superwoman website
I couldn't agree more Sarge. I think this is the most promising website out there at the mo. I know Im repeating myself here but having seen the new E-Girl video and the actress in action I'm even more enthusiastic!

Well done Random! I can't wait to see what else you have in store and if it iinvolves a costume and more ubergirl action Im gonna be even more of a satisfied customer!!

More
20 Nov 2006 22:20 #7371 by brantley
Just got to see E-Girl today. A really good start, and I hope to see more -- with Michaele finding things to do beyond throwing a burglar around (That's gotten to be a bad habit at SuperSexyHeroines.com). I want to see a GOOD superwoman performing truly heroic feats. I LOVED Kelly and Mike's THE AWAKENING, but I wouldn't want to see bad supergirls become the rule. And Michaele looks so GOOD -- somehow tough and tender, sweet and sassy, all at the same time.

More
21 Nov 2006 15:35 #7373 by JonX
Replied by JonX on topic Re: Project Superwoman website
Throwing guys around: a bad habit?!
I'm not so sure of that!!

But whatever tastes we have, I wantt o add my positive comments to the Project Superwoman website - really great clips, the heroine has a great look, and the effects are fantastic.

Hope your website does really well, and you get all the credit you deserve.

I also agree with Brantley that the heroine looks both girl-next-door and extremely femine, but also has a tough edge about her, etc.

Great site - keep it up!!

• JonX
  • Away
More
21 Nov 2006 19:46 #7381 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Project Superwoman website
I'll throw my kudos into the ring regarding the new site. Nice work, Random!! Hope you keep the momentum up!

ElF

Throwing guys around: a bad habit?!
I'm not so sure of that!!

But whatever tastes we have, I wantt o add my positive comments to the Project Superwoman website - really great clips, the heroine has a great look, and the effects are fantastic.

Hope your website does really well, and you get all the credit you deserve.

I also agree with Brantley that the heroine looks both girl-next-door and extremely femine, but also has a tough edge about her, etc.

Great site - keep it up!!

More
21 Nov 2006 22:07 #7383 by brantley
It's just a matter of variety. Nothing inherently wrong with throwing thugs around. But if that were ALL that Superman and Wonder Woman ever did, their comics wouldn't have lasted very long. And I understand that we WILL be seeing E-Girl rescuing people from fires and stuff like that. I think the heroism in superheroines is SEXY. And wiith a heroine like Michaela, it's going to be super-sexy. I'm looking forward to having my breath taken away -- and I don't mean from her hand around my neck!

More
22 Feb 2007 06:54 #8404 by steelknight3000
Replied by steelknight3000 on topic Re: Project Superwoman website
When is the next video coming out? Also, the site seems to be having a strange glitch with the white background.

More
23 Feb 2007 05:06 #8412 by Random321
The next video is done...and that brings us to the webpage. Due to technical problems it might take us some time to fix that one splash page and the white/black background. The issues with the webpage and our temporary inability to easily fix them are delaying the next release for a few days. (Next week fingers crossed). Orders for existing videos work fine btw. I’ll keep you informed.

Remember kids back up your hard drive!!! :roll:

More
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds