Amount

Murphy's Rule (complete)

08 Mar 2014 01:48 #35711 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Murphy's Rule (a work in progress)
Rae sighed. she felt the cuffs go on. That was okay

she got to her feet and looked forward. She turned to the female cop next to her, who looked scared.

"Heres my advice.Get in a car. Hit her with it.

The cop looked at her "Hey thats not standard......

"Does she look like standard procedure.

Rae looked at her hand cuffs. About a week ago she watched Man of Steel there was a scene where Superman just pulled off his cuffs in the middle of a scene as punctuation. She pulled back on them....

she watched as the metal bent....and then very quickly broke--it was startling to watch it happen so fast. The movie didn't have hard it hurt her hands.

What the movie also left out was that the cop watching her backwards with some intrest The cop looked at her. She looked back. there was a momment.

I'll distract her, you get a car or something and hit her. Bring in what ever you got for riot. This is going to get really bad..really bad unless we stop it. I don't want to hurt her. or hurt you or hurt anyone. but i got to stop her. We got to stop her."

"I am going to call in the riot squad" said the cop.

"Great get em as fast as you can.

Rae saw a plastic trash can. she picked it up....and tossed it at Angela down the street.

It totally missed. hitting a car next to her.
Ahh well hopefully it drew her attention.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grayface, fats

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Mar 2014 02:12 - 08 Mar 2014 02:15 #35712 by Dru1076
Replied by Dru1076 on topic Murphy's Rule (a work in progress)
As she took the seventh cop, Angela was struck hard by a trash can. Her now subtly muscular back shrugged off the sting of the impact and she turned to face the girl. Of course someone strong enough to tear up a tree could break cuffs. She frowned, and moved in on another two cops as they reloaded their guns.
"Hello boys! Come to Momma!" Angela could really feel the strength in her muscles now. Taking both men in her hands by the throat, she found lifting them into the air quite easy. She felt one of the bullet holes in her shirt rip open a little further as her new muscles flexed. She turned to face her real opponent with the men dangling helplessly from her grip. Somehow she held off draining them as she made sure the girl was paying attention.
"You think you're so strong!" She spat. "I'll just keep taking more until I'm strong enough to beat you, and then I'll have your life force too, Bitch."
Last edit: 08 Mar 2014 02:15 by Dru1076.

• Dru1076
  • Dru1076's Avatar Topic Author
More
08 Mar 2014 02:22 #35713 by castor
Rae sighed. This is kind of what she feared. This was the scary part. She kept killing people. At best at this point Star was a destrcation from doing that-and well...how long was that going to last.

She sighed. she rang towards her as fast as her feet could carry.....then about 20 feet away shoot out her hands to fill the air with light. it was her one real trick. blinding light.

she then jumped over her doing three back flips in the air and probabbly winning the non existent olympics.

Sigh. god.

More
08 Mar 2014 02:30 #35714 by Dru1076
"Damn it!" Angela blinked,waving her arms in the air and trying to get a hand on the girl as her world went white again. With a grunt she listened out for the sound of the girls feet hitting the road surface. Her racing mind processes the sound of the surviving cops spinning their revolvers and preparing to shoot again, and in the distance she heard a car start. As soon as she heard the girls feet land, her eyes no help for the moment, Angela lunged in that direction, waving her arms wide and hoping for contact.

• Dru1076
More
08 Mar 2014 03:01 #35715 by Grayface
Replied by Grayface on topic Murphy's Rule (a work in progress)
following this is kind of like watch a TV show unfold.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dru1076

More
08 Mar 2014 03:06 - 08 Mar 2014 03:09 #35716 by castor
"look lady, i am sorry but you only get one time on the merry go round" Said Rae "Same as anyone"

This was a bull fight now, a matador. And the secret of the matodor was just to stay right out of the way before you hit them with the sword.

Rae jumped out of the way......

As the police car moved at ramming speed to hit Angela behind her.
Last edit: 08 Mar 2014 03:09 by castor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grayface, fats, SCOTT R

More
08 Mar 2014 03:23 #35717 by Dru1076
Angela heard the motor roar as the car hit her and sent her flying through the air. Her toughened bones did not break bit she was bruised, and grunted as she rolled down the road. She got up, her eyes clearing enough to see the car backing up for another run. With speed that surprised her she ran at the reversing car, making the uniformed woman within drop her foot on the pedal in the panic. She lost control and hit a parked car. Angela was there, an angry look on her now 25 year old face, and her fist shattered the driver's side window. Her hand gripped the cops throat and the bruises were quickly healed and her eyesight fully restored.
Giving the girl an evil stare, Angela opened the car door and pulled the small corpse out. Hopping in, she dropped it into gear and pulled a hard U turn, tearing off down the road in the badly damaged car.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grayface, SCOTT R

• Dru1076
More
08 Mar 2014 03:34 #35718 by castor
Rae sighed.

She seemed so nice the girl cop. Something. Human.Rae had for a second hoped that it would be one of those sitautions where she was Commsioner gordon and they had merry adventures for years and...

no.

She conisdered her querry.

She was fedefintly fleeing. and in a strange way slightly better. off as long as she was in a car she couldn't hurt as many people, despite being in a deadly wepion.

Who was she.

They where probabbly the same. They had both discovered they had strange powers, new abilities, new strengths.....

But this woman was probabbly no good already when it happened. Power had currpoted what little soul remained there. It was a good enough lie to tell Rae when ever she went to sleep at night agian-if she ever did.

Rae couldn't race a cop a car even one so badly damaged... Her own car was a couple blocks a way.

She saw some scattered cops around. "put up an APB or something, get her on the highway or something where no one is around and stop her".

One of the cops raised his gun at her.

"look lady"

Rae sighed. "please. Pretty please...with sprinkles on top"

More
08 Mar 2014 04:08 - 08 Mar 2014 04:37 #35719 by Dru1076
Angela pulled into the large parking lot and stopped the car right in front if the Mall's door. She got out of the car and proceeded to walk toward the entrance when a security guard approached her.
"You can't park there!" he informed her firmly.
Angela smiled. "I can park wherever the hell I want," she replied, reaching out to brush a hand on his cheek. She walked away as the almost invisible connection drained him slowly of life. As she entered the mall she touched anyone she passed, leaving a string of horrified people collapse ing in her wake. The mist became a smoke at their essence flowed into her. The sensation of taking so many was increasingly devine. Angela caught her reflection and stopped. She had stopped getting younger, looking to be about 19 years old, and was now getting bigger. Through her torn clothes she saw the new muscle tone of her steadily developing body and got quite a thrill. She was already and inch taller, and looked strong and obnoxiously healthy. With a smile, she turned to the panicking people in the mall and began a lengthy game of tag. Her already vastly improves reflexes and the speed her new physical power gave her, Angela considered how unfair it was for her victims. They could not outrun her, and all she had to do to seal their fate was make contact. Within three minutes Angela greedily quadrupled her speed and strength.
About a third of the way through the building someone pulled the fire alarm. Angela picked up the pace, determined to claim as many as she could before the cops and the fire brigade arrived, and more importantly, before the cheeky hero arrived. She wanted to be much more powerful before taking on the superstrong girl again.
Last edit: 08 Mar 2014 04:37 by Dru1076.

• Dru1076
More
08 Mar 2014 06:39 #35720 by castor
Star stood behind her.

it had taken quite a bit of time to follow her here but she did.

"Whats the end game here" she said "there going to stop you. you can say oh i'll play vampire and vampire the rest of your days- but really. They'll stop you. Theres no good sollution to this They'll kill you now. Probabbly me to in the process but thats okay. If nothing else they'll drop a nuke on us. Probably going to try arterly first . I am just here to distract them till then but i want you to think . What yo have become, and maybe you would have put your own bullet in your head."

She stood in the mall. But she had an advantage. At least temporarily. Three stories tall plenty of room to maneuver.

and hope the lie about the arterly scared her a little.

More
08 Mar 2014 07:07 - 08 Mar 2014 07:32 #35721 by Dru1076
"Ha! You think I have to justify myself to you! F&?k you! I've got about all the strength I need already to take you out powderpuff! And just think how much stronger I'll be once you give me all that strength of yours! Bring it on!"
Angela concentrated in drawing in all the energy from those she was connected to, and her upper body threatened to tear through her clothes. She was a little taller, and her visible flesh shone with health. She watched the girl very closely and waited for her to make a move.
Last edit: 08 Mar 2014 07:32 by Dru1076.

• Dru1076
More
09 Mar 2014 02:11 #35730 by castor
"power without responsbility is pointless"

Rae hopped that this evil creature wasn't a fan of Fist of the North Star.

Rae looked around. she knew at the other end of the mall there was a small ice ring. She figured that was something.

"and comeone, its me you want, Look how much young blood i have in me. and before you ask. This is a trick."

Rae was looking for hopping she could find a good way to get an ironic ending in here-but how....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dru1076, fats, SCOTT R

More
09 Mar 2014 02:28 #35731 by Dru1076
"What do you mean, it's you I want? You followed me! You're just like all the others...thinking you know me! You don't know anything about me, girlie...and I suggest if you don't want to be on the menu you better run along. Otherwise, I'll use you to make myself stronger!"
The last of those she had tagged became added to her strength, and Angela was starting to look slightly buff, and feeling much more confident already about taking this do-gooder on.

• Dru1076
More
09 Mar 2014 03:09 #35732 by castor
rae walked away.

just walked away.

well for a second as she went towards the second wing

she needed three things.a live wire, a peice of plastic, and a light pole..

she saw an adidas store ran in and grabed a peice of rubber. near it was a large pole in the ground with a light on the top- to make it look maybe like an ouside store but not really...she grabed it and pulled it out of its morring letting once agian her ridiculus musscle pull it out.

was it two weeks ago she and a friend had come to the mall to look at perfume? She remembered. hers had a nice orange scent. such was life. If she survived this she whould have to come back there and have to deal with it in some kind of sanity. she was 50/50 but found increasingly that it didn't matter.

All that matter was saving people..

now she just needed a big life wire...to give her exactly what she wanted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fats, SCOTT R

More
09 Mar 2014 03:49 - 09 Mar 2014 03:50 #35733 by Dru1076
"That's right! Not so tough without your tree, are you?"
Angela went in the other direction, thinking she'd seen the last of the princessn for now. She moved into a large department store within the mall, inside of which her amplified hearing could detect a large of group of people hiding from the horror taking place outside.
They were scattered about the place, and giving her legs a quick flex, simply adoring how awesome it felt to be not only young but incredibly fit and healthy...Angela broke into a sprint no Olympian could hope to match. She picked and tagged herself all those hiding alone, and then sought out the first group. She came to stop at the end of the sporting goods isle, where a group had gathered and now stood with a variety of guns and bats.
"Aren't you going to run?" Angela asked, tilting her head. One of them ran forward, and Angela met his charge with a shove in the chest. All the air rushed from his lungs as he sailed backward into several others, knocking them all down. A shot rang out, followed by two more. Then there was silence. Having failed to fully penetrate her skin, the slugs fell to the floor...and the small streams of blood ran back into the small wounds which then healed over with no scar. "Run...don't run...it's all the same to me."
Last edit: 09 Mar 2014 03:50 by Dru1076.

• Dru1076
More
09 Mar 2014 06:45 - 09 Mar 2014 06:47 #35735 by castor
Well it looked like She had lost or was very close to loosing her main adavantage of over her foe-her mobility. Time to see if she had anything left to do.

She punched the roof of the department store. Yeah yeah-on her third try she found what looked like a main power circut. She climbed on a counter selling jewelery and went for what she was really looking for in the roof- a main circut. She pulled it loose from the moring holding the rubber matt around it and under her feat. she did her best to wrap it around the edge of the pole while not actually touching it- agian hoping.

and went iin shaking her head.And she had maybe 40 feet of cable.

she saw angela feeding of the life force of...of a woman who ironically looked a little older already. rae briefly wondered if she was someones aunt.

rae knew that this was probabbly close to her last chance here.

the star moved a hand and quickly produced a huge flash of light., though it was facing the oposite directon from her quarry......

and stuck a giant metal pole with about 30,000 vaults of juice at her backside.

"LUNCHTIME!!!!:
Last edit: 09 Mar 2014 06:47 by castor.

More
09 Mar 2014 07:01 - 09 Mar 2014 09:07 #35736 by Dru1076
Angela screamed.
"You crazy bitch!" The jolt sent her sailing through the air over an aisle and down into a stocked shelf. Her confidence waned a little, and Angela made for the nearest exit as fast as she could, unaware that her chaffed ass was full display.
She had to get more, and if she could just get out of here and loose that self righteous for twenty minutes, Angela knew she could get a lot more of what she needed to take down her opponent at the gym three blocks away. Power without responsibility is pointless...Angela couldn't disagree more. All her life she had to fight tooth and nail against a patriarchal society bent on keeping a smart woman like her down. Soon she would have the power to make them pay...to make them all do what she wanted. If she was nearly bulletproof after less than two hundred, what would she be able to take after a week of this...harvesting? Not for a moment did she think of what she was doing as anything more than that. And the city of Cape Hope offered a good harvest.
And another thing she needed, she realised, was a welding mask or something. Anything that would protect her super-sensitive eyes from that mysterious light the girl was constantly blinding her with.
Last edit: 09 Mar 2014 09:07 by Dru1076.

• Dru1076
More
09 Mar 2014 12:07 #35738 by castor
"What you don't like your brussel Sprouts"

Rae was on her heals she kept the pole in her hand. As she was just at the exit, she swiped agian-but missed. ahh well.

as she went outside into the bright light she needed to figure out the trick to get this monster. Figure out something to use agianst her.

Thankfully there where a lot of phone lines and power lines-that seemed to slow her down at least.

she past a security guard He like most mall people didn't have a gun

"Call the police, if there not already have them bring the national guard if they can in here just to get her down"

More
10 Mar 2014 01:52 #35758 by Dru1076
Feeling a little weaker from healing herself, Angela made her across the street and down a narrow alley, establishing a connection withas many people as she could as she made her way swiftly to the gym down the road. Sirens were sounding from all directions, and she realised time was no longer on her side. The meddlesome brat had made this much harder than they needed to be.
Then Angela had a brainwave. All she had to do was touch the girl and all the strength that was making her such a pest would be hers. Healed from her internal injuries, she stopped running and turned to see if she could spot her pesky assailant.
"She's right," Angela mused. "It is her I want..."

• Dru1076
More
10 Mar 2014 02:13 #35759 by castor
Rae watched her querry run into the alley. Shen oted that she seemed a little slower for it.

This was a perfect spot really. No one else for her to kill and get even more superpowered Ben button-(wait a second whould she eventually turn into a baby). Easy to capture. not a lot of room for escape. in theroy. but ain't theroy grand.

She noted that what looked to be a fair amount of serious police was coming through into the area. That was helpful.

She had two options pull in and face her- or hold back wait for the miltary.

She went in. Well she was a superhero wasn't she.

she walked into the suprisingly dark and suprisingly smelly alley-thats something you don't get in the comicsthe smell-but well. time to face her destiny.

More
10 Mar 2014 06:16 - 10 Mar 2014 06:54 #35762 by Dru1076
"You want a peice of me bitch? Well here I am!"
Angela put her hands under a dumpster beside her and hoisted into the air over her head with a grunt of effort. She turned toward the brat at the mouth of the alley and prepared to throw it as fast as she could. Her efforts were stymied by the appearance of a new figure landing on top of a fire escape. He was dressed in a black suit and had hidden his eyes behind a large pair of dark glasses. As Angela pulled back to throw he launched a blast of green energy from his hand that slammed into the dumpster and knocked it out of Angela's hands.
"Leave this to me, Young One," the older man intoned with what could be mistaken for someone with too high a voice doing a Batman impersonation. "Get yourself to safety!" So saying, the new arrival hopped over the railing and used his green energy to float down safely to place himself between Star and Angela.
"Who the f&%k are you?" Angela demanded. "How many of you weirdos are there?"
The man answered by extending both hands and sending her rolling down the alley.
"I'm Blaster. And there's only one weirdo I can see."
Angela tumbled helplessly as the force of the beams carried her down the alley. This was getting ridiculous! She reached the end of the building and rolled in behind it to get a break. That had hurt. She wasn't going to let him get her like that again. Angela grabbed some bags of trash from beside a nearby doorway and hid there. She didn't have to wait long for Blaster to come running around the corner. As she hoped, he didn't see her. Just as he passed by she leapt out and tackled him. He lit himself up with a green energy shield, but it was too late...she had touched him.
Though she was thrown off by the energy shield, Angela could still feel his life force entering her body. It was quite different than she had expected, as though it were more concentrated and far more potent than anyone else's that she had stolen so far.
"Oh Blaster! Mmmm...that feels really good!"
He rapidly turned pale as the thin mist of his energy draining out of him became a thick smoke. Angela stood before him holding out a hand into which the smoke of his essence flowed. Just before he blacked out he looked up at her to see an evil smile on her face.
"How does it feel to be a hero?" she asked him, kicking him to the ground with her foot.
Angela felt different. She could feel something inside her, something new...something powerful. She held up her tingling hands and looked at them.
"I wonder..."
Holding a palm out toward the opposite wall Angela instinctively launched a beam of green energy into it. Grinning, she did it again.
"Oh my!"
Concerned that she was practically naked now, Angela looked around for the young upstart that had made what should have been her perfect day fall short of that.
Last edit: 10 Mar 2014 06:54 by Dru1076.

• Dru1076
More
10 Mar 2014 15:07 #35769 by castor
Rae watched the display.

This wasn't good.

Nope.

Not good at all. What could go wrong..

She was now packing heat.

She hid however behind the trash dumpster that seemed to be forgoteen. and thought of a clever scheme...none where forfthcoming.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grayface, Coolnetter, fats, SCOTT R

More
11 Mar 2014 07:10 #35774 by Dru1076
Angela stepped confidently back around the corner, but didn't see any sign of the girl.
Looking down at herself she noticed two things simultaneously. She had to get new clothes, and her body was astoundingly developed. Seeing the faint outline of abs on her stomach made her smile. She'd never been very fit. Now, and through no real effort on her part, she was super-fit.
Not allowing herself to admire her new body for too long, Angela moved on as fast as she could to her intended goal: The local gym. Rather than show concern as people stood shocked at the sight of her, Angeal smiled warmly at her victims and quickly allieviated any concerns thay may have had about her appearance. Before she entered the gym she added another nine people to growing tally.
"Um...I'm sorry miss, but you cannot come in here dressed like that."
Angela smiled at the young and rather large male receptionist.
"I've had one hell of a morning!" Angela explained. "I was just going to go into your merchandise department and pick up an outfit."
"Um...okay. But I'll need to see some sort of proof of membership."
"That's a shame. I was hoping to be a little more subtle." Angela reached out and touched the hand he had placed on the counter. He turned pale and fell over. Angela hugged herself as his energy flowing into her. It wasn't as potent as Blaster's, but it was still more potent than most of the people she had claimed so far. Yes, she thought, coming to the gym had been a very good idea. Angela left the man there, and went into the small alcove where the gym sold its workout gear. She picked out a small but simple lyrca outfit, a two-piece set that would let her show off her improved abs. The attendant asked the question of cash or charge, and Angela answered by taking the man's considerable strength and vitality. She sat him in a nearby seat and leant him over as though he were sleeping. Seeing that he now looked like a man in his nineties, most people would just assume he was an old man having a nap. Making sure no-one was watching, Angela sat the receptionist next to him.
Looking into the vast wortout area and it's myriad of machines, Angela was extremely pleased to see how many people were here today. This was one of the best gyms in Cape Hope and boasted several top bodybuilding competitors as clientelle. Hoping that a few of them were in today, Angela smiled and went in.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grayface, Coolnetter, fats, SCOTT R

• Dru1076
More
11 Mar 2014 19:59 - 11 Mar 2014 23:35 #35782 by castor
Star sighed. Watching the woman go past.

Okay what next what next. She sighed and shook her head. She looked at her face. Rae had worked half her life in a grocery store. It was an old saw, don't shop when your hungry.

This woman was very hungry.

And a gym.

It was an all fucking you can eat buffet.

But it was slightly sad still. She thought not for the first time in this crazy-half hour, hour?- this woman had the look of someone who would never be satisfed, always be hungry. There was a raging monster inside of her a peice of the void sucking out life....how to fill it up...

when rae turned ehr head back to the opening of the alleyand saw what looked to be 20 solders with machine guns.

She raised her arms.

10 minutes latter Star had her masked pulled up her hands in hand cuffs(not that it would do much as there where still hand cuff chinks from last time) and thankfully was talking to someone. His name was Frank Allen, and he was a detective-and seemingly a pretty reasonable one. There where miltary viecleles from the national guard, police-well....

"so you two have been fighting for the last hour up and down the westside?"

"I am th good one." said star "The one trying to help you..though admitidly most of the witnesses to that are dead. Not really effectivly helping...but its one of those days"

"Right" said allen. he took a pair of keys and uncuffed her.

"What are you doing?" said star.

"Well that obviously wasn't going to do much but you where standing patiently so thats a good sign"

"look..i don't know a lot about her...she was just starting to...well she can drain people of there life. shes like a vampire. except not as sparkly. But she used to be an old women...i saw her on trenton street...thats where it started, maybe you can find more info"

"Murphy, Angela Murphy" said Allen "We have been getting a picture...just who are you?"

"The Star" said the the star.

Allen turned around

"Chang, Rae Chang, i am A student at the university"

Well the secret identiy didn't last long did it?

"i just kind of well...i am the good version of her i guess. i can't steal life but i can do things, and i have been trying but....i don't know..i guess i am a superhero..but i will admit it, charge me if you want, arrest me-but you got to stop her. Maybe gas of some kind.. she looks like she went in the gym...just stop her from killing more people"
Last edit: 11 Mar 2014 23:35 by castor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grayface, Dru1076, fats, SCOTT R

More
11 Mar 2014 20:57 #35783 by Grayface
Replied by Grayface on topic Murphy's Rule (a work in progress)
Seems like the story is really seems to be picking up the pace with Castor's last instalment, and thats saying something with the Angela's kill count rising and rising. It will be interesting to see who comes out on top and how.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dru1076, castor

More
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds