Amount

Mary Ledbetter and the Manipulative Duo

22 May 2014 08:47 #36541 by Dru1076
Mary had been waiting for a good ten minutes for Greg to show up by the time he finally rolled into the quiet street. Her jaw dropped when she saw his car. He pulled up and smiled, a smile she politely returned before opening the door and hopping in.

"This is your car?" she asked, sounding a little disappointed.

"Yeah. Hey...I know she doesn't look that nice, but it gets me around."

"Um...okay. Sorry...wasn't trying to be rude." Mary pulled the seatbelt across herself and clicked it securely in place.

The car was a worn-out Crown Victoria, and judging from the dodgy paint it was an ex police cruiser from the 80's. The interioir was as rough as the outside, but Mary decided not dwell on it.

"So...how far away are they?" she asked, changing the subject while Greg nursed his wounded pride.

"Two suburbs over. I can feel them...they're at it again. What's with the get-up?"

"I had a talk with someone today. We've got a contact inside the police force who want to help me. I mean...help us."

"What? Did you tell you Dad?"

"I didn't tell anyone. She already knew."

"She?"

"Detective Gonza. She called me...and we did lunch today. Then we went shopping and I bought this."

"Isn't that skirt a bit short?" he asked, seeming to disaprove of her showing so much leg.

"It is summer, Greg," Mary reminded him. "And I have this." She pulled her mask out. It was a simple design, large enough to cover the top half of her face.

"Really? A mask?"

"I don't want any of this getting back to Dad. And I don't want people recognising me."

"Is this Gonza woman going to help tonight?"

"I have her number. We can call her in once we know what these guys are up to."

Greg was silent for a while, but as they neared their destination he spoke again.

"We're almost there. Are sure you want to do this?"

"Yes. I can stop them hurting anyone else, and I might be the only one who can."

"Okay. Well..." he pulled the car over and parked it, reaching into the console to grab change for the meter. "...here we are. They're down that alley. "

Mary looked at the alley entrance for a moment, then steeled herself and pulled on the mask. "Then I better go find out what they're up to. You can stay here, if you like."

"And let you go down there on your own? No way!"

"Look, Greg...I'm a lot stronger than I look. They con't possibly do anything to hurt me. There is nothing to be worried about, okay? But you, on the ther hand...you can get hurt. So just stay, for me, okay?"

Greg frowned. "I'll be watching." He tried to sound reassuring, but only managed to make super-strong companion smile.

"Thank you, Greg. Now...time for me to go to work!"
The following user(s) said Thank You: rueda09

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dru1076
  • Dru1076's Avatar Topic Author
More
22 May 2014 11:32 #36545 by rueda09
Replied by rueda09 on topic Mary Ledbetter and the Manipulative Duo
Very nice! Can't wait for more! Nice attitude of this super strong girl :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dru1076

More
22 May 2014 22:39 - 23 May 2014 03:36 #36546 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Mary Ledbetter and the Manipulative Duo
Frank looked at the car across the way. what a peice of junk.

He parked his BMW several spaces away not wanting it to get near the the thing. Frank took a lot of time and effort for his car-he had just last year and spent a lot of time on the weekend polishing it cherry red exterior, making sure the corintian leather interior was perfect and serene, its engine purred like a lion. yes, he really loved his car-like a wife-well since his wife left him two years ago it might as well be. but thanks to a relaitivly amicable divorce he could get a car like this care for it.

but looking at other peoples...well it bothered him. Was it shapesphere who said the most mangy mutt and the finest hound where the same species- he deserved to have nice things, he worked really hard---at marketing internet software sollutions. While this bastard

he looked at greg sitting in his car and couldn't help snear.

god some people.

Thankfully abusluetly nothing at all whould happen to his car.

Nope.

Nothing at all.

His car was actually higher in value then when he drove it of the lot and he was going to keep it that way.

Nope not a scratch.
Last edit: 23 May 2014 03:36 by castor.

More
23 May 2014 02:46 #36552 by www1969
Replied by www1969 on topic Mary Ledbetter and the Manipulative Duo

castor wrote: Thankfully abusluetly nothing at all whould happen to his car.

Nope.

Nothing at all.

Sis car was actually higher in value then when he drove it of the lot and he was going to keep it that way.

Nope not a scratch.

Foreshadow much?

More
23 May 2014 03:44 #36553 by Dru1076
Replied by Dru1076 on topic Mary Ledbetter and the Manipulative Duo
Mary walked casually from the car. Before her fight with Uncle Jim she would never have come to this part of town, but she no longer afraid of anything that someone might try to do. Once she was in the shadows of the alley she slipped on her mask and crept down until she could see the two men she sought. Keeping out of sight, she found a nook and hid there for a moment, trying to listen in on their conversation. She wanted to know a little more before approaching them, having gotten only vague insights on them from Greg. Now that she had them in her sights, she was confident they would not get away.
The following user(s) said Thank You: castor

• Dru1076
More
23 May 2014 04:39 #36558 by castor
Alexander Trallian was a man who liked...not preciely the fine things but he knew what he liked. He drank medium priced whisky- the low cost stuff burned your gut, the high class stuff burned your gut. He liked Lobster with butter. He smoked Non Cuban Cigars-(he was afterall american). He Never had always the money to afford this but did it anyway. He went to fanciesh restraunts while living in a crap apartment. He was.

Coldish for one thing.

He was a man of about 5'4-small but not a midget. A tad pudgy especially in his face which had more chins then his body type suggested. He had hair that was both long and balding. He was...

a man who had the super power to control light. Make bright spotlights, blind people-not quite lasers, but other things.

He wondered if he could use it to you know warm up-but well probabbly not.

He could make the world see in the midst of darkness, which for a man who wasn't pleasent to look at was something.

He was standing with his partner(not that kind of partner though he had his doubts about him). Lance. Lance was a good six foot 4 tall muscled, handsome with long flowing brown hair cheek bones that models whouldn't kill for but may comit armed robbery,. Lance did all the time. He was good at it in fact. He had the looks that suggested sales or the executive suite(guys are that way to afterall)...but well

outside of crime he was dumb as a lump of metal. Thats not the phrase, but as his power was the ability to manipulate metal and magnetism it was used.

they waited. They where supose to meet someone in half an hour. It was a longish time in the world of not quite super villians. Crime could be that way

Alexander looked at Lance "Seen that godzilla movie yet?"

Lance responded "Nope"

This was a scintilating conversation

More
24 May 2014 03:36 #36582 by Dru1076
Mary frowned. She didn't think for a moment anything these two men could do would pose a serious threat to her. Other, that is, than boring her to death. She had been hoping to at least learn which man had which ability before talking to them, but she wasn't prepared to wait all night for them to show her. Gonza had suggested just following them, hopefully learning enough to give the detective a reason to bring them in. Impatient, Mary had decided on a different course. She would simply asked them what they were up to.

Steeling herself with a quick and silent "C'mon Mary...you can do this," she stepped out of her hiding place and walked boldly into the light where both would unable to miss her.

"Hello, boys!" she greeted them. "I hear you two are training for something big. So...which one of you bends spoons, and which one does the fancy light shows?"

• Dru1076
More
25 May 2014 06:32 - 25 May 2014 13:13 #36594 by castor
Alexander looked at the women for a second. Then a longer second .

He was a man who about 6 weeks ago discovered he had super powers beyond the ken of man.

Still.....

yeah seeing someone in something that was clearly suposed to be a super suit was going to take him a second. Still...

when the less perhaps eurudite partner had the perfect response.

"Your not fucking Spiderman"
Last edit: 25 May 2014 13:13 by castor.

More
25 May 2014 07:57 - 25 May 2014 10:54 #36595 by Dru1076
"And neither of you two look anything like Magneto. You don't hear me complaining, do you?" Mary put her hands on her hips, not really sure what the guy was getting at. "I know all about the hardware store robbery. You two have hurt people. Now you're going to pay. I want both of you to walk straight into the nearest police station and hand yourselves in. Tonight. RIght now."

As much as Mary wanted to make the first move here, she knew that if she did she would risk becoming the villain. That was a line she didn't want to cross. But if they attacked her, she was ready to give them a lesson they would never forget.
Last edit: 25 May 2014 10:54 by Dru1076. Reason: Elaborated a little....

• Dru1076
More
25 May 2014 13:17 #36596 by castor
Lance turned his head. "lets get out of here, and leave Spider woman here to look like an iddiiot"

he turned to walk....when a trash can flew up and hit mary in the back of her head as hard it could flying at about 1/4 the speed of a bullet and a lot bigger. you would think it would make a big noise but the speed and the power didn't.

More
26 May 2014 09:44 #36617 by Dru1076
Mary looked down at the trash can, her hands not leaving her hips.

"That wasn't very nice!" she told them, clearly unphased in any way by what should have been a fatal blow. Now sure who was who, she picked up and emptied the trashcan, then punched out it's base. Leaping into Lance's path she lifted the bin and pulled it down over his head like a cheap straight-jacket, securing his arms tighly against his sides, and pushed him over. "Now who looks like an idiot?" she asked, giving him a light tap with her toe and rolling him back toward his friend. "So," she said, giving Alexander a smouldering look. 'You want to play toss the trashcan? How about a game of toss the dumpster instead?" Mary leant down and put a hand under a lage dumpster beside her, and lifted it into the air with one hand. She tossed it toward Alexander, sending it sailing over his head to come crashing down blocking the alle entrance. "Are you sure you want to keep playing? How about you just tell me what the hell you two are up to out here? Or should I just take you into the police right now?"

• Dru1076
More
27 May 2014 18:42 #36643 by castor
Alexander needed a response here. He needed it quick and he needed it good.

Superpowered super strong women in front of him.

He was not super strong or super fast, or any of it--but he did have a few tricks. And even the strongest most powerful person on earth.

Jus then a giant burst of light entered marys eyes-blinding super strong in intensity. the kind of light that you whould make you yelp-and well not see. And even if you opened it after ro turned your head-still blinding light.

Alex could do that.

Meanwhile lance looked at prision. And easily pullled it apart in two seconds. Huh. He didn't know he was that strong. He actually wasn't-his power had a corrosive effect on metal which weakened it, and the fact that mary had broken open its bottom hadn't helped its structural integrity any. But still huh.

More
27 May 2014 18:47 #36644 by castor
Meanwhile Fank sat in his car. He had to go to a fancy cocktail party in a few minutes but he noticed there was a slight smudge on the leather near his gear shift. He reached into his glove compartment and pulled out a shamy nd started to clean it. If you wanted to keep a car this clean-this pristine-you had to stay on top of that. Of course nothing was going to happen to it-but stil.
The following user(s) said Thank You: www1969

More
29 May 2014 07:58 #36657 by Dru1076
Mary let out an involuntary gasp as the light hit her eyes, blinding in its intensity. She blinked a few times, but the light was still focused on her. She had gotten it wrong. She had assumed that the man running must have been the light show expert, but it was now apparent he had somehow managed to hit her with the bin without watching.

Though the light was painful at first, Mary found that after a few seconds she could see at least well enough to know where both men were. She could see that the trashcan had not held the man long, and she realised if she didn't act fast both men would soon be gone. She still wanted to know what they were up to, and wasn't prepared to let them get away so easily. She ran up to the man who was blinding her, grabbed him firmly, and leapt to the roof of the four storey building beside them. Dumping him unceremoniously she looked down to see the metal manipulator. Taking out the cable-ties Greg had suggested, she leapt down took hold of his arms from behind, still having difficulty in seeing clearly. Easily overpowering him, she held both hand behind his back and zipped them together. Then she took him to the roof and dumped him there.

Before the light-show expert could pull another trick, Mary went back down to the street and ran to the nearest car. She didn't ntice there was someone inside it until she had already broken the passenger side mirror off the door.

"Oh...um...sorry!" she told the wide-eyed man. "But I really need this!"

That said, Mary bolted back into the alley and leapt up to the two men.

"Do you want to keep playing, scumbags?" she demanded, a little frustrated at how difficult this was proving to be. "Or are you going to start talking before I tear your arms off?"

To show them she could back up her threat, Mary tore off a piece of the nearby railing. Holding it in her hands, she pulled it in oposite directions until the metal groaned and snapped.

"Well? Ready to talk yet?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: castor

• Dru1076
More
29 May 2014 14:42 #36660 by castor
Lance paused. When he first discoverted his powers he watched the movie Xmen 2, which had a scene where magneto said to a guard "you have to much iron in your blood". He could sence that too a degree.

on top of the roof was a peice of flashing that was used to keep off pidegons..he moved around a bit when she was gone to the edge of the wall and moved his cable tie hands there-he movied it slightly to expand it to sharpen it and.

cable ties where off.h knicked his hands a bit. better that then prison.

Alex decided to try the oposite trick-he put a cloud of darkness around her face, a bubble of pure empty wave around her head-it covered her head in a stiffling darkness that removed any light, any ability to see. the strongest most powerful women in the world needed that after all....

well he could hope. He looked up at lance . They needed a workable teamworky strategy here.

More
01 Jun 2014 06:15 #36684 by Dru1076
Mary cursed as the world went dark, She dropped the mirror and waved her hands in front of her face. She couldn't see them, but she could hear them. She moved forward and grabbed both of them by their shirt fronts and hoisted them easily into the air, their feet swinging a foot off the roof.

"Take this stuff out of my eye!" she demanded, giving them a careful shake.

The darkness remained, and Mary started to feel strange. Her head started to spin, and felt a groggy...almost as if the darkness with settling over her consciousness. She swayed, dropping the man, and nearly lost her footing.

"What are you...what are you doing to me?"

With that question left hanging in the air, Mary Ledbetter collapsed unceremoniously.

• Dru1076
More
03 Jun 2014 23:20 - 04 Jun 2014 02:30 #36726 by castor
"Who do you think you are" said frank as mary he got of his car "I own a BMW!!!!!"

she had just taken off his reverw mirror ofh is car.

"I own a BMW!!!" he shrugged "I am a man of worth in this comunity"

lance and alex however fell down on the ground as mary fell shaken.

"whats going on?" he asked for a second.

Alex took out a gun and being the man of action shot her with a bullet.

Nothing.

well frank screemed as it missed him by about a foot.

"Huh" lance said as he kicked frank"Shut up"
Last edit: 04 Jun 2014 02:30 by castor.

More
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds