Amount

Questionnarie replies

05 Jul 2012 07:44 #27750 by sg2ww
Replied by sg2ww on topic Re: Questionnarie replies
OK, here is my reply as King of the Lurkers. I didn't read everyone else' reply or the discussion.

Here is the original questionnaire. I suggest everybody answer it on this topic.

1) What setting would you prefer? (E.g. Contemporary Earth, Future Earth, Fantasy, Historical.) Everything and anything but fantasy. Writers have enough problems without having to explain a totally new universe. Contemporary and historical are probably the easiest to buy.
2) What “flavor” would you prefer the setting to have? (E.g. Realistic, Gritty, Golden Age, Silver Age, 90s extreme, Modern Age.) I tend to dig anything but the Golden Age - Silver Age stuff.
3) How long have superwomen been around? A Long time.
4) How has history been affected by superwomen? Joan of Arc or Molly Pitcher ring a bell, of course, and they still are. The Taliban are well aware of this, but I can't explain it to you guys.
5) How common are superwomen? How many of them are there? Very few to one. I tend to like one and I don't tend to like the everybody is super world, just what's the point of that.
6) Are there supermen as well as superwomen? Lucky SOBs.
7) Is the existence of superwomen a secret known only by a few, or public knowledge? Depends on the story. If done right both are cool.
8) How many ways of becoming super are there? Lots.
9) What power origins would you like to see? (E.g. Science, Magic, Aliens.) I voted for Regan. I am good at suspension of disbelief.
10)What power origins would you not like to see? (E.g. Science, Magic, Aliens.) I don't care.
11)Do all superwomen have the same set of powers? (E.g. All like Supergirl) Some variation is fine, but they have to be "super" strong (at the very least stronger than any two normal men in their universe and invulenerable.
12)What powers would you like to see? (E.g. Strength, Flight, Invulnerability, Heightened Senses, Immortality.) If they are immortal that has to be a story point.
13)What powers would you not like to see? (E.g. Strength, Flight, Invulnerability, Heightened Senses, Immortality.) Super strength and invulnerability are a given. Flight is cool and I LOVE super breath, but super intelligence seems almost unfair. Give the geek boys something to relish.
14)How much variation in power level is there between superwomen ? Some is OK.
15)Are there unpowered superheroines (E.g. Batgirl) NO! NO! NO! Then they aren't "super"heroines.
16)Are all superwomen conventionally beautiful? They are all beautiful. Really, any very fit woman is hot and if you don't believe me then you haven't been to many D-I track meets or swimming events. They may not all be cover model pretty, but they are all VERY sexy.
17)Do you have a particular story or character idea that you would like to be kept in mind when designing the universe? I love Gobbers girls.
18)Should celebrities be present under their real names? I don't generally like it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jul 2012 21:50 #27753 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Re: Questionnarie replies
Late to the game but I have the day off and am enjoying the cool comfort of my basement to beat the heat.

1) What setting would you prefer? (E.g. Contemporary Earth, Future Earth, Fantasy, Historical.)

Contemporary Earth

2) What “flavor” would you prefer the setting to have? (E.g. Realistic, Gritty, Golden Age, Silver Age, 90s extreme, Modern Age.)

Modern Age/Realistic

3) How long have superwomen been around?

Only recently through some technological breakthrough or through some solar storm or even an extinct alien artifact.

4) How has history been affected by superwomen?

They begin making their history now. Love to see the development angle. Some use it for good, others for purely selfish (evil) reasons, and some are of average moral fiber. They would rescue a child but they would break a bouncers bones to get into a club if they thought they were disrespected.

5) How common are superwomen? How many of them are there?

From one to hundreds. All with the same powers basically (flight, superbreath, great vision, hearing, strength, aura - ability to project an invisible barrier around you that is a mm off of your skin and clothing). Some with some extra powers (telekinesis, mind control, x ray vision, transmutation, ability to temporarily grant powers, etc.). All powers are at different levels. But the basics like strength and flight are easily based on weight lift limits and speed of flight.

6) Are there supermen as well as superwomen?

Yes.

7) Is the existence of superwomen a secret known only by a few, or public knowledge?

Public knowledge.

8) How many ways of becoming super are there?

It happens all at once. Then through birth it can be passed on. The government of course tries to capture superpowered people and experiment on them. Some keep it secret, some go willingly and are put in positions of power, others fight against the government, some are so powerful that they do not need to keep it secret and have openly fought government to a standstill.

9) What power origins would you like to see? (E.g. Science, Magic, Aliens.)

Magic/Alien artifact(S)

10)What power origins would you not like to see? (E.g. Science, Magic, Aliens.)

No negative feelings on this

11)Do all superwomen have the same set of powers? (E.g. All like Supergirl)

Powers range from Supergirl levels, to just super strength or speed.

12)What powers would you like to see? (E.g. Strength, Flight, Invulnerability, Heightened Senses, Immortality.)

All of the above plus mind control, telekinesis, transmutation, shape shifting, superbreath, etc

13)What powers would you not like to see? (E.g. Strength, Flight, Invulnerability, Heightened Senses, Immortality.)

NA

14)How much variation in power level is there between superwomen?

Max to Supergirl type of power. Some have other different powers as well as the basics like flying and superstrength. If you have Supergirl level powers then your possible additional powers are much stronger as well.

15)Are there unpowered superheroines (E.g. Batgirl)

Great answer that I am plagiarizing:
Yes, but nearly all our government sponsored people. They are employed (along with powered heroes) to keep other superhumans in line. Rely heavily on technology.

16)Are all superwomen conventionally beautiful?

Yes, well above the norm. Playboy quality.

17)Do you have a particular story or character idea that you would like to be kept in mind when designing the universe?

No

18)Should celebrities be present under their real names?

I despise Paris Hilton as a human being but would love to hear more stories about her as a super powered spoiled princess. Up to the writer.

• Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
06 Jul 2012 22:09 #27773 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Re: Questionnarie replies
1) What setting would you prefer? (E.g. Contemporary Earth, Future Earth, Fantasy, Historical.)
I think I would enjoy Earth 10-20 years from now. It allows for some creativity on technology – but nothing will be too farfetched.

2) What “flavor” would you prefer the setting to have? (E.g. Realistic, Gritty, Golden Age, Silver Age, 90s extreme, Modern Age.)
A nice blend of Realistic, Modern Age and just a dash of Silver here and there to keep things light.

3) How long have superwomen been around?
Since the late 1970’s.

4) How has history been affected by superwomen?
Superwomen were new during the cold war and mostly underground – they had no impact on the USSR/USA relationship. There has been an increase in natural disasters and common suspicion of alien visitation. There have been fewer large scale wars but an increase in terrorist attempts. Countries have stopped providing arms to allies in secret since there is little point anymore.

5) How common are superwomen? How many of them are there?
Each EU country has 1-2, the USA and Canada have 40 or so, there are 30 or so scattered around the rest of the world

6) Are there supermen as well as superwomen?
Supermen are outnumbered 3 to 2 and are on par in power.

7) Is the existence of superwomen a secret known only by a few, or public knowledge?
Public knowledge since the mid 1990’s.

8) How many ways of becoming super are there?
Unlimited.

9) What power origins would you like to see? (E.g. Science, Magic, Aliens.)
Alien – Science Mix.

10)What power origins would you not like to see? (E.g. Science, Magic, Aliens.)
Organic.

11)Do all superwomen have the same set of powers? (E.g. All like Supergirl)
No.

12)What powers would you like to see? (E.g. Strength, Flight, Invulnerability, Heightened Senses, Immortality.)
All the above.

13)What powers would you not like to see? (E.g. Strength, Flight, Invulnerability, Heightened Senses, Immortality.)
I would like to see all powers – but every hero should have *two* well defined weaknesses.

14)How much variation in power level is there between superwomen?
I have no idea how to manage this – but I think things would be better if hero’s were on similar levels.

15)Are there unpowered superheroines (E.g. Batgirl)
Sure – not included in my count above.

16)Are all superwomen conventionally beautiful?
Yes.

17)Do you have a particular story or character idea that you would like to be kept in mind when designing the universe?
Keep it heroic.

18)Should celebrities be present under their real names?
Meh – I don’t see why not.

More
Time to create page: 0.041 seconds