Amount

SWMU rebirth

19 Sep 2013 13:44 #33108 by fats
SWMU rebirth was created by fats
Hi all,

As the title suggests, this is all about the rebirth of the SWMU (superwomenmania universe). Nearly a year a go I proposed that we create a universe that operates similarly to the marvel or DC universe, in terms that it's a self contained universe that can work as an area for workshops, for pictures basically anything, there was lots of exciting comments and ideas that came out from the discussions.

There,was some work done last yeast year, and I said that I would get things moving but due to work commitments and other things I was never able to get it moving.

So what I'm proposing is that people put themselves forward to become the leaders of the SWMU project, Their role will be to develop the idea and take it forward, take the questionnaire that was carried out last year and collate the answers and produce the guidelines. Once guidelines are produced the next job is to work to develop the first SWMU workshop and to oversee the operation of the section, you will work under Lfan and I in taking that forward.

To be effective in achieving the work you will be given a new title and Moderator rank for the section, any additional powers will be added if/when needed.

I expect this to take at least a few weeks to firm up the details and prepare the first workshop and after that I expect the work to be quite engaging and stimulating.

So what do you think? Do you think you are up for the challenge?

If you are then please reply to this thread, I'm happy to take questions as well and hopefully I can answer all your questions.

Fats
The following user(s) said Thank You: SHTL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fats
  • fats's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
19 Sep 2013 18:08 #33113 by Camille Jones
Replied by Camille Jones on topic SWMU rebirth
I'll be here to help, though I believe that someone with a lot of great ideas would be best to spearhead this with a strong cast for support. As for maybe the premise behind the SWU, I feel that having multiple origins would be best. Whether ranging from WWII supersoldier formulas, to meteors containing the right radiation/energy to grant a person superpowers, I think the more open the origins are the better chance for different types of characters all together.

You'd think that superspeed would make me more punctual, huh?

More
19 Sep 2013 19:36 #33115 by castor
Replied by castor on topic SWMU rebirth
I am willing to help as well. Will probabbly contribute to the workshops. To see how it goes.

Will make the general concept, in terms of universe building. The question isn't the specific details stuff like the questionare (though its not a bad questionare)

but what kind of characters do people want to write. When DC and marvel started they didn't do list like this, but said "Hey we have superman, now let do batman, and lets have them meet. so and what does this logically say about the universe.

So what would people want to write about?

I would like to see several diffrent kinds of characters-we have a lot of characters on this site who are basically Supergirl clones(said as the person who wrote Daylight, 'Mazing Girl, Phoenix,and Starkhawk). It would be fun get diffrent kinds. non powered characters, people who use suits, speciality powers etc.

And what kind of stories do you want to tell with them. I do like how diffrent the stories we all tell here, and how varied we can get-even if we do a shared universe that would be fun to a degree. There is something ludicrous about sticking batman in the justice leauge, but kind of fun at the same time.

I will say i would keep the general rule of having a postive universe-but i guess the question to me is.

Whats the character you want in the universe to look like?

Like write an elivator pitch-a couple of pargaphs, maybe more.

If we can get 5 we can start integrating them into how we work this.

Castor

More
20 Sep 2013 01:15 #33119 by Dru1076
Replied by Dru1076 on topic SWMU rebirth
I'd like to put myself forward to help out in any way I can with this project...though I don't know enough about at this point to put myself forward as a leader. Is there somewhere I can find out more?

More
28 Sep 2013 10:01 #33215 by fats
Replied by fats on topic SWMU rebirth
all the information about the universe is here.

www.superwomenmania.com/index.php?option...catid=510&Itemid=202

Fats

• fats
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
28 Sep 2013 14:46 #33216 by Dru1076
Cheers Fats. I guess i could have found that easily enough myself...I'll have a look at the discusions and get up to speed...

More
30 Sep 2013 14:53 #33239 by Dru1076
I haven't come across one crucial detail in the old discussion on this yet...though apologies if this has been covered, I've not read all that much yet. But I did think of a good way to get the ball rolling.

Whoever gets the reins on this might want to start with drawing a map. It's what Tolkein did. It worked for David Eddings too...and many others...when creating a universe. Place names that are unique to the SMU are all you really need to get going...

It may be easier though, just to start with a single city. Just a thought....

More
30 Sep 2013 15:03 #33240 by njae
Replied by njae on topic SWMU rebirth

Dru1076 wrote: I haven't come across one crucial detail in the old discussion on this yet...though apologies if this has been covered, I've not read all that much yet. But I did think of a good way to get the ball rolling.

Whoever gets the reins on this might want to start with drawing a map. It's what Tolkein did. It worked for David Eddings too...and many others...when creating a universe. Place names that are unique to the SMU are all you really need to get going...

I think the discussion about modern times/world basically implied that this universe would be similar to our own when it comes the the locations.

The biggest issue imho will be to remotivate those that were originally involved in the discussion and saw how it was abandonend back then. Had fats asked for someone to take over, I probably would've been one of the first to volunteer. But now?

• njae
  • Away
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
30 Sep 2013 16:18 #33241 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic SWMU rebirth

njae wrote:

Dru1076 wrote: I haven't come across one crucial detail in the old discussion on this yet...though apologies if this has been covered, I've not read all that much yet. But I did think of a good way to get the ball rolling.

I think the discussion about modern times/world basically implied that this universe would be similar to our own when it comes the the locations.

I think that the "map" should be a bit more than a map in the proper sense, even without a fully developed geography (using the real world is definitly easier) there are some basics that have to be covered. Befroe writing Eddings put together a lot of ideas (later collected in the Rivan Codex) so to have a reference. In many TV series there's a document called the "production bible" which outlines the "do" and "don't" of the show.
I think that we need something similar to be finished before even starting to do anything else.

The biggest issue imho will be to remotivate those that were originally involved in the discussion and saw how it was abandonend back then. Had fats asked for someone to take over, I probably would've been one of the first to volunteer. But now?

On this count I have to agree.

More
30 Sep 2013 22:35 #33244 by Dru1076
Oh.

Like I said...just a thought. 'Never claimed it was a good one.

More
30 Sep 2013 23:56 #33245 by fats
Replied by fats on topic SWMU rebirth
ok, castor, dru, lulu and Solaris are the three who will be in charge of the SWMU you four will be working under me and Lfan.

Dru you should go with the ideas for the SWMU.

I'll set all four of you up ad moderators for this section.

you should log out and back in for it to work.

Fats

• fats
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
01 Oct 2013 00:13 #33246 by Dru1076
Cool. I look forword to working with you guys on this...I'll get studying those questionaires in detail.

Whether we go with an Earth-2 world or not, I still think we need our own Metropolis...with it's own name of course, if anyone can think of one.

More
01 Oct 2013 00:32 #33247 by castor
Replied by castor on topic SWMU rebirth
Happy to help. This is going to be fun!

Will write more tonight and go over all the entries to see what people have said and how we can make the universe.

More
01 Oct 2013 07:03 - 01 Oct 2013 08:01 #33251 by njae
Replied by njae on topic SWMU rebirth
Looks like pretty much everyone who posted here got promoted to build the official SWMU staff. Congratulations to those, although they now have the hard job of rebuilding what was abandoned a year ago. I still have to wonder what would have happened if such a decision would have been made back then.
Last edit: 01 Oct 2013 08:01 by njae.

• njae
  • Away
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
01 Oct 2013 09:58 #33252 by Dru1076
Thanks Njae....I think...

If you like, I will gladly step aside and give my spot to you. Or Anon. I would be much happier to have the Librarians' support on this venture. Sure...this may prove a waste of time. There's probably a thousand reasons not do it that you haven't come up with yet, but hey...let's give it a shot anyway...'ride out and meet them', as Aragorn would say...

More
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds