Amount

Ask a Supergirl

04 Nov 2012 02:36 - 04 Nov 2012 02:37 #29250 by Camille Jones
Replied by Camille Jones on topic Ask a Supergirl

The Highlander wrote:

Camille Jones wrote:

The Highlander wrote:

Camille Jones wrote: I do vary practice various styles in order not to limit myself, so I guess I incorporate a more natural style that augments a bit of everything. However, I also practice Boxing, Brazilian Jujitsu and Capoeira. I mainly practice those styles since they offer a bit of what I am trying to accomplish. Boxing is used mainly to learn how to strike and for technique so I can hit someone without inflicting too much injury. Brazilian Jujitsu if I want to subdue someone without laying a blow and Caopeira for flexibility and rhythm.

Hmm, I might take you up on that pending that I'm not busy, but school and work and writing is taking up much of my time hun.

Interesting collection of styles, I'm afraid I'm not familiar with any of them (apart from boxing of course) but I'm sure it all helps you out. In any case, I bet you went thought quite a lot of punching bags when you first started!

Feel free to pop up for a visit, it's just a short detour next time you're visiting Germany. Maybe you could go for a swim in Loch Ness and see if you can find the monster, shouldn't take you too long!

You know what, I might take you up on that in the near future. Finding out if Nessie actually exists or not sounds like it'll be a fun little adventure in itself.

I'd love to hear about that, although if you do find her then try not to scare her away, the truest like looking for her as well!

Something else I was wondering, how precise is your telekinesis? Could you for example take a clock apart and reassemble it with just your mind?

You know, even if I did scare here, there's nowhere else that Nessie can swim off too. But I am not about to scoop her up and put her in the ocean so she can swim free. This is her environment and it would be harmful to do otherwise.

Well, my telekinesis is as precise and as fast as my mind is able to comprehend and process information. But I think I can try it. I'm going to do two tests. One where I just look at the watch and take it apart simultaneously before putting it back together. And the other is with me "cheating" with a different watch, meaning I'm going to use my x-ray vision.

The first test went pretty well, I was able to open up a Rolex watch and put it apart right down to the tiniest gear and screw. Since I'm capable of handling multiple tasks and process multiple information, it didn't take me that long. I would say about 50 milliseconds or .05 seconds.

The second test was with a Tag Heuer watch and it a lot faster, seeing that I didn't need to look at the watch and figure out what goes where since I can go off by memory. I was able to pull it apart and put it back together in about 1 millisecond or .001 second. I think that since I am able to recall anything I see, that enables me to be much faster than if it I was doing it for the first time.

You'd think that superspeed would make me more punctual, huh?
Last edit: 04 Nov 2012 02:37 by Camille Jones.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Camille Jones
  • Camille Jones's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 Nov 2012 09:36 #29312 by Newshound
Replied by Newshound on topic Ask a Supergirl
Hi Camille :)

I'm a big fan of your work. I was wondering if you're a Jets fan or a Giants fan...or maybe a Bills fan? Would you ever consider playing in an exhibition charity game against an NFL team to raise funds for Hurricane Sandy relief?

More
13 Nov 2012 18:42 #29318 by Camille Jones
I'm a Giants fan all the way. But I would gladly consider playing a exhibition charity game if it is to raise funds. I would just first have to find a way to make sure that I get to protect my identity but I'd definitely step on the field. However, I just think it would be massively one-sided so I would have to impose some rules on myself to keep it interesting.

• Camille Jones
More
14 Nov 2012 07:27 #29324 by Newshound
Replied by Newshound on topic Ask a Supergirl
Here is a pic of a super woman playing against NFL teams:

She doesn't seem too concerned about attempts to tackle her :)

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: somat

More
14 Nov 2012 15:54 #29329 by Camille Jones

Newshound wrote: Here is a pic of a super woman playing against NFL teams:

She doesn't seem too concerned about attempts to tackle her :)

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Well, the tackling part I'm not too concerned about, I'll just have to remember not to flex when they tackle me or otherwise it won't be so good for the defensive tacklers. No, but the rules I would impose on myself is obviously no flying, no outright speed exceeding more than 20 miles per hour and I can only use about 2% of my strength. Then maybe afterwards I'll do a group shot op where the entire team sits on a stage and I lift them high above my head.

• Camille Jones
More
14 Nov 2012 17:02 #29330 by SHTL
Replied by SHTL on topic Ask a Supergirl
really waiting and hoping for part 3 of "Aday in army".... :))

More
14 Nov 2012 19:44 #29337 by Camille Jones
I'll probably have something during Thanksgiving break but certainly I'll have something done by the time Christmas rolls around.

• Camille Jones
More
17 Dec 2012 04:17 #29725 by ong76win2
Replied by ong76win2 on topic Ask a Supergirl
Hello Camille

How are you? What have you been up to this few weeks? Have not heard from you here.

By the way, be waiting for the continuation of your A Day In The Military. Hope to hear from you here.

Thank you

More
17 Dec 2012 06:07 #29726 by Camille Jones
Hey ong76win2,

I've been doing good to be honest, bouncing back and forth from my mother's house and Tom's apartment for the holidays. Though with all the air traffic, I have to be extra careful with flying. And I usually post whenever I get a question though I might start posting small vignettes and other minor stories on here.

I'll be upfront, I'm going to take a break before I work on the last (two) chapter(s) because I want to focus on the upcoming workshop. So be on the look-out for that. But once I finish my workshop story, I'll get back to working on A Day In The Military before I work on other stories such as my first night patrolling as my alter-ego for starters and I also wanted to write about the day I touched that meteor.

Other than that, I'm just working my day job and enjoying a nice mug of hot chocolate every now and then.

• Camille Jones
More
17 Dec 2012 07:33 #29727 by ong76win2
Replied by ong76win2 on topic Ask a Supergirl

Camille Jones wrote: Hey ong76win2,

I've been doing good to be honest, bouncing back and forth from my mother's house and Tom's apartment for the holidays. Though with all the air traffic, I have to be extra careful with flying. And I usually post whenever I get a question though I might start posting small vignettes and other minor stories on here.

I'll be upfront, I'm going to take a break before I work on the last (two) chapter(s) because I want to focus on the upcoming workshop. So be on the look-out for that. But once I finish my workshop story, I'll get back to working on A Day In The Military before I work on other stories such as my first night patrolling as my alter-ego for starters and I also wanted to write about the day I touched that meteor.

Other than that, I'm just working my day job and enjoying a nice mug of hot chocolate every now and then.

Nice to hear that. Have a advance Merry Christmas and advance Happy New Year to you and your family, Camille.

More
17 Dec 2012 20:16 #29729 by Camille Jones
And a Merry Christmas and an advanced Happy New Year to you too.

• Camille Jones
More
20 Dec 2012 11:01 #29749 by rueda09
Replied by rueda09 on topic Ask a Supergirl
Hello Camille ! I'm pretty new here. I'm both happy and nervous, this is the first time that I can share with a superwoman! So here's 5 questions...

1) How did you announced your boyfriend that you had super powers? For your superstrength, he believed you right away or you were forced to prove it ? If yes, how did you prove?
2) Is he intimidated by your strength?
3) As an update, what's your age now, and weight ? Can you tell me the size of your arms , thighs and calfs (flex and non-flex)?
4)In your daily life, do you use your superstrength secretly? Do you have any examples?
5) Have you ever bullied someone voluntarily with your strength?

Thanks in advance ;) ;)

More
20 Dec 2012 15:24 #29752 by Camille Jones
Hi Rueda! Welcome to SuperWomanMania and I'll be happy to answer the questions.

1) Well, I think he figured out that I had superpowers because he goes on here and I was hovering outside of his balcony. So he knew from the very start.
2) No not at all, though some moments he might have been a bit scared but for the most part he enjoys my strength.
3) I'm 20 years old as of right now, and last time I checked on the scale, I'm close to about 125, give or take a few.
Arms: 12" unflexed, 15" flexed
Thighs: 32" unflexed, 38" flexed
Calves: 15" unflexed, 17" flexed
I have grown more muscular after my transformation but it contracts the same way as any one else, though I am much stronger.
4) I don't use a whole lot of my superstrength in my daily life, though I do use it in case I need to lock my door by squeezing the keyhole shut. Or when carrying quite a few bags. However, I have gone out to a junkyard a few times to have some fun or go to the train tracks to lift the various cars there.
5) No, I never have. Sure I've used my other powers for practical jokes when I had a bit of a power trip going, but I know someone could have permanently gotten hurt if I used my superstrength.

• Camille Jones
More
22 Feb 2013 10:42 #30502 by ArgentDragon
Replied by ArgentDragon on topic Ask a Supergirl
Hi, Camille....

Thanks for the welcome on chat last night; it makes me feel like I'll fit right in with everyone quickly.

You said earlier that your powers are affected by the sun and that a solar flare gave you a couple extra powers. I saw an article about a massive sunspot forming, which can lead to solar flares, so I wanted to give you a heads up and be ready in case you get some extra powers.

www.weather.com/news/science/massive-sunspot-forms-20130220

Of course, if you do get new powers, I'm sure you'll tell us all about them :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Camille Jones

More
22 Feb 2013 16:50 #30507 by Camille Jones

ArgentDragon wrote: Hi, Camille....

Thanks for the welcome on chat last night; it makes me feel like I'll fit right in with everyone quickly.

You said earlier that your powers are affected by the sun and that a solar flare gave you a couple extra powers. I saw an article about a massive sunspot forming, which can lead to solar flares, so I wanted to give you a heads up and be ready in case you get some extra powers.

Hey ArgentDragon!

Not a problem, I'm always happy to welcome new chatroom members.

Oh wow, I missed this piece of news. Alright I guess I better stay inside for a bit and check to see what new powers may come up during the upcoming solar flare. Thanks for the heads up!

• Camille Jones
More
23 Feb 2013 01:47 #30515 by jnw550
Replied by jnw550 on topic Ask a Supergirl

Camille Jones wrote:

ArgentDragon wrote: Hi, Camille....

Hey ArgentDragon!

Not a problem, I'm always happy to welcome new chatroom members.

Oh wow, I missed this piece of news. Alright I guess I better stay inside for a bit and check to see what new powers may come up during the upcoming solar flare. Thanks for the heads up!

More power? As if you didn't have enough?!

More
23 Feb 2013 04:50 #30523 by paulsamiga
Replied by paulsamiga on topic Ask a Supergirl
"More power? As if you didn't have enough?!"

You mean you don't welcome Camille gaining more power? :ohmy:

More
23 Feb 2013 05:03 #30524 by jnw550
Replied by jnw550 on topic Ask a Supergirl

paulsamiga wrote: "More power? As if you didn't have enough?!"

Wrong! I hope she overloads with power! :-)

More
23 Feb 2013 14:30 #30532 by berkshirelad2012
Replied by berkshirelad2012 on topic Ask a Supergirl
Hello Supergirl, don't suppose you have any sisters :O)

Do you ever take you're boyfriend flying? does he like it?

More
23 Feb 2013 18:58 #30536 by paulsamiga
Replied by paulsamiga on topic Ask a Supergirl

jnw550 wrote:

paulsamiga wrote: "More power? As if you didn't have enough?!"

Wrong! I hope she overloads with power! :-)

Thats more like it! ;)

More
23 Feb 2013 19:27 - 23 Feb 2013 19:31 #30537 by Camille Jones

berkshirelad2012 wrote: Hello Supergirl, don't suppose you have any sisters :O)

Do you ever take you're boyfriend flying? does he like it?

Hi Berkshire!

No, I'm a single child so I don't have any siblings that I'm aware of.

And I have taken Tom (my boyfriend) flying a few times before. The first time was a bit uneasy, but just only for the first few seconds. After that, he can't seem to get enough of it, whether I'm carrying him as I fly high above the city or hovering around the apartment.

UPDATE: Alright, I don't know if the solar flare has receded but I do feel myself getting a lot stronger. Like my muscles are a bit bigger and denser and harder. Even when I'm relaxed I looked pumped, when I flex my arms it's just a whole different story. Well, I'm not huge or anything but it is quite impressive if I say so myself. Tom compares it to touching hard marble if it was covered by warm silk. No new powers as of yet but I'll keep you posted.

Last edit: 23 Feb 2013 19:31 by Camille Jones.

• Camille Jones
More
24 Feb 2013 06:22 #30539 by berkshirelad2012
Replied by berkshirelad2012 on topic Ask a Supergirl
I just want to go on the record and say i'm very jealous of Tom :O(

More
24 Feb 2013 23:47 #30544 by Gargamel6
Replied by Gargamel6 on topic Ask a Supergirl
u said ur`re getting a lot stronger, but just described the muscle mass. Did u put it to a test?

More
25 Feb 2013 16:58 #30552 by Camille Jones

Gargamel6 wrote: u said ur`re getting a lot stronger, but just described the muscle mass. Did u put it to a test?

I did, but just on some items that are around my room. Things like a dumbbell, kettlebell and a metal ball I made out of a crushed barbell from before. Unfortunately, it doesn't give me a proper test but it did weigh as if nothing was there whereas before I felt only a tiny bit of weight. As for crushing these items together, again it felt as if I was just squishing air.

Okay, so I think the solar flare is over and done with, and I did try out to see if I have any new powers. And I did manage to find something new, I can change my physical appearance. Pretty nifty and convenient, especially on any covert missions I may embark on. Plus, it'll make having a secret identity much easier now.

On the next note, sorry I haven't been writing much. I've been busy with work and school. However, Spring Break is sometime next month so I might have some more free time to write a story. Thank you so much for being patient with me.

As far as the story queue is going, this is what is on my list:

1) My Workshop Story that I missed.
2) Chapter IV (Final Chapter)
3) Origins (and however many chapters that may take)
4) Collab Workshop with njae
5) Possible Sequel to A Day In the Military
6) What It Means to be a Hero (One-shot that I want to do for some time now)

And that is it for now until I come up with more things. Alright, bye for now!

• Camille Jones
More
25 Feb 2013 18:31 #30554 by The Highlander
Replied by The Highlander on topic Ask a Supergirl

Camille Jones wrote:

Gargamel6 wrote: u said ur`re getting a lot stronger, but just described the muscle mass. Did u put it to a test?

I did, but just on some items that are around my room. Things like a dumbbell, kettlebell and a metal ball I made out of a crushed barbell from before. Unfortunately, it doesn't give me a proper test but it did weigh as if nothing was there whereas before I felt only a tiny bit of weight. As for crushing these items together, again it felt as if I was just squishing air.

Okay, so I think the solar flare is over and done with, and I did try out to see if I have any new powers. And I did manage to find something new, I can change my physical appearance. Pretty nifty and convenient, especially on any covert missions I may embark on. Plus, it'll make having a secret identity much easier now.

On the next note, sorry I haven't been writing much. I've been busy with work and school. However, Spring Break is sometime next month so I might have some more free time to write a story. Thank you so much for being patient with me.

As far as the story queue is going, this is what is on my list:

1) My Workshop Story that I missed.
2) Chapter IV (Final Chapter)
3) Origins (and however many chapters that may take)
4) Collab Workshop with njae
5) Possible Sequel to A Day In the Military
6) What It Means to be a Hero (One-shot that I want to do for some time now)

And that is it for now until I come up with more things. Alright, bye for now!

Given how strong you were before I was wondering what you could possibly use to test yourself. Maybe you could try relocating some asteroids (or small moons), that might provide a suitable challenge for your power?

More
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds