Amount

Ask a Supergirl

04 Jul 2013 07:20 #32145 by njae
Replied by njae on topic Ask a Supergirl
I'm glad that this thread sees some activity again. This should encourage our resident supergirl to bless us with some new stories out of her extraordinary life.

On that note I wonder whether people would prefer to see how it all began first, or would they want to see how things continue from Day in the military?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Camille Jones

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jul 2013 09:24 #32146 by SHTL
Replied by SHTL on topic Ask a Supergirl
me ! for A day part V

More
04 Jul 2013 13:38 #32149 by Camille Jones
Replied by Camille Jones on topic Ask a Supergirl
Well, I don't think there is much to continue after that. He's asking whether I should write a story about the day I discovered the meteor that gave me these incredible abilities or if I should write a story about what happens sometime after my tests with the military?

You'd think that superspeed would make me more punctual, huh?

• Camille Jones
  • Camille Jones's Avatar Topic Author
More
04 Jul 2013 21:20 #32151 by njae

Camille Jones wrote: Well, I don't think there is much to continue after that. He's asking whether I should write a story about the day I discovered the meteor that gave me these incredible abilities or if I should write a story about what happens sometime after my tests with the military?

Indeed. And while I personally am all for the fatefull encounter with the meteor and everything that followed afterwards, you did set up a few interesting bits at the end of "Day at the military"

More
04 Jul 2013 22:46 #32152 by JKIJ
Replied by JKIJ on topic Ask a Supergirl
I'd like to hear about the meteor, but continuing adventures are a good thing too.

More
05 Jul 2013 01:57 #32155 by paulwitz
Replied by paulwitz on topic Ask a Supergirl
Yes, I would like to read about the meteor, but only after I read how Camille puts the horrible and evil-thinking general and the military in its place.

More
05 Jul 2013 02:41 #32156 by ong76win2
Replied by ong76win2 on topic Ask a Supergirl
Does Camille have a good friend or friends in the military?

More
05 Jul 2013 03:55 - 05 Jul 2013 03:59 #32157 by Camille Jones

ong76win2 wrote: Does Camille have a good friend or friends in the military?

Ong, if you were reading the series :P I have Jason White, his Calvary Unit and one more ally that I'm not going to reveal until later but those that go to the chat room should know who the other ally is.

And I'm totally teasing you by the way.

EDIT: Alright so it seems that most people are up for continuing with the sequel, then worry about Origins afterwards. Alright I guess general consensus wins, though I'm not going to guarantee a time since I don't even have an outline done yet. And I also plan on writing the whole thing out first before I go ahead and release it. That way not only will it be more consistent but also more timely.

Last edit: 05 Jul 2013 03:59 by Camille Jones.

• Camille Jones
More
05 Jul 2013 05:17 - 05 Jul 2013 05:22 #32158 by ong76win2
Replied by ong76win2 on topic Ask a Supergirl

Camille Jones wrote:

ong76win2 wrote: Does Camille have a good friend or friends in the military?

Ong, if you were reading the series :P I have Jason White, his Calvary Unit and one more ally that I'm not going to reveal until later but those that go to the chat room should know who the other ally is.

And I'm totally teasing you by the way.

EDIT: Alright so it seems that most people are up for continuing with the sequel, then worry about Origins afterwards. Alright I guess general consensus wins, though I'm not going to guarantee a time since I don't even have an outline done yet. And I also plan on writing the whole thing out first before I go ahead and release it. That way not only will it be more consistent but also more timely.

Thanks Camille. Your really a good teaser. :). How about Doctor Mason? Would he be an ally later on?
Last edit: 05 Jul 2013 05:22 by ong76win2.

More
05 Jul 2013 05:17 #32159 by Caylane
Replied by Caylane on topic Ask a Supergirl
Hehe, I'm all for the meteor story if I'm to be the odd one out!

More
05 Jul 2013 05:27 #32160 by njae

Caylane wrote: Hehe, I'm all for the meteor story if I'm to be the odd one out!

Hehe you're not alone with that opinion.

More
05 Jul 2013 07:22 - 05 Jul 2013 08:24 #32161 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Ask a Supergirl

njae wrote:

Caylane wrote: Hehe, I'm all for the meteor story if I'm to be the odd one out!

Hehe you're not alone with that opinion.

I agree:)

Yeah origin stories have been done before, but theres some things very fun and optimistic about your tales that i really do like.

If you do continue with the sequal, i do hope it has the same sence of kind of sweet joy that i like best about your writing.

You maybe be a supergirl, but your also a good writer and even if takes awhile i look forward to it

Castor

PS Note i didn't say superwriter as that whould be obvious.
Last edit: 05 Jul 2013 08:24 by Woodclaw.

More
05 Sep 2013 12:52 #32883 by j2001
Replied by j2001 on topic Ask a Supergirl
Hello Camille, I finally decided to put up a few questions if you'll be so kind to answer them : )

First, as a warm-up question, I was wondering why you have the main character of Lost Girl as profile picture. Of course you probably like the show, but what I mean is if you feel some kind of connection with her. She's indeed a very powerful girl who grew up alone with her powers but she also lives in a world where a lot of other people have powers and this, I humbly think, makes you peculiarly different.
By the way, I didn't even know this show existed before making a reverse image search on your avatar. I've started watching it yesterday so no major spoilers please : P

Camille Jones wrote: UPDATE: Alright, I don't know if the solar flare has receded but I do feel myself getting a lot stronger. Like my muscles are a bit bigger and denser and harder. Even when I'm relaxed I looked pumped, when I flex my arms it's just a whole different story. Well, I'm not huge or anything but it is quite impressive if I say so myself. Tom compares it to touching hard marble if it was covered by warm silk. No new powers as of yet but I'll keep you posted.

This post prompts me to the next question. You were very fit to begin with, and then the solar flare made you even bigger, looking pumped even when relaxed, and you state that "when you flex your arms it's just a whole different story." But then you say "I'm not huge or anything" which clashes a bit with what you've just said.

So I was wondering if you could provide, as you did with the Solar outfit, a reference to visualize your magnificent muscles. If you're comfortable with this, and to avoid having you wasting time looking for the right picture on the internet, I thought I could simply link you a limited sample of competing girls and you could tell us which one is closer to your current size. Starting with the smaller sizes, the first two girls are Fawnia Mondey (R) and Erica Cordie (L) (Fawnia is a professional pole dancer so I think she might even be the stronger of the two). Next, the beautiful Lindsey Cope . And then the biggest one of the lot, the charming and very young Shannon Courtney (one of the most promising female bodybuilders).
If you're as big as Shannon, or even bigger, I can safely say you are huge and that that's awesome. : )
I hope you're not too creeped out by this question, but I thought this would be a walk in the park after the one about your shaving habits, lol.

Last question, a more intriguing one. Since you know The Magic Girls saga, and given that you've probably read similar stories (such as More Than Mortal, etc.), I'm asking: how would you cope with being omnipotent?
Being superstrong and infinitely durable is one thing, but could you handle being in control of every single atom in the universe with your mind? Able to control, create and manipulate time, space and matter? Able to create life and bend everything and everyone to your will, all with a single thought?
I think this particular question might be tricky to you because you chose to be good. Were you evil, or simply careless, it'd be fun to you. But as good and as responsible as you are, I think you'd definitely feel the pressure. With great power comes great responsibilities, so what if your power is absolute and completely limitless? What if you are, in effect, God?
Since your powers are ever growing, perhaps one day you'll get there.

More
05 Sep 2013 18:53 #32888 by Camille Jones

j2001 wrote: Hello Camille, I finally decided to put up a few questions if you'll be so kind to answer them : )

First, as a warm-up question, I was wondering why you have the main character of Lost Girl as profile picture. Of course you probably like the show, but what I mean is if you feel some kind of connection with her. She's indeed a very powerful girl who grew up alone with her powers but she also lives in a world where a lot of other people have powers and this, I humbly think, makes you peculiarly different.
By the way, I didn't even know this show existed before making a reverse image search on your avatar. I've started watching it yesterday so no major spoilers please : P

Camille Jones wrote: UPDATE: Alright, I don't know if the solar flare has receded but I do feel myself getting a lot stronger. Like my muscles are a bit bigger and denser and harder. Even when I'm relaxed I looked pumped, when I flex my arms it's just a whole different story. Well, I'm not huge or anything but it is quite impressive if I say so myself. Tom compares it to touching hard marble if it was covered by warm silk. No new powers as of yet but I'll keep you posted.

This post prompts me to the next question. You were very fit to begin with, and then the solar flare made you even bigger, looking pumped even when relaxed, and you state that "when you flex your arms it's just a whole different story." But then you say "I'm not huge or anything" which clashes a bit with what you've just said.

So I was wondering if you could provide, as you did with the Solar outfit, a reference to visualize your magnificent muscles. If you're comfortable with this, and to avoid having you wasting time looking for the right picture on the internet, I thought I could simply link you a limited sample of competing girls and you could tell us which one is closer to your current size. Starting with the smaller sizes, the first two girls are Fawnia Mondey (R) and Erica Cordie (L) (Fawnia is a professional pole dancer so I think she might even be the stronger of the two). Next, the beautiful Lindsey Cope . And then the biggest one of the lot, the charming and very young Shannon Courtney (one of the most promising female bodybuilders).
If you're as big as Shannon, or even bigger, I can safely say you are huge and that that's awesome. : )
I hope you're not too creeped out by this question, but I thought this would be a walk in the park after the one about your shaving habits, lol.

Last question, a more intriguing one. Since you know The Magic Girls saga, and given that you've probably read similar stories (such as More Than Mortal, etc.), I'm asking: how would you cope with being omnipotent?
Being superstrong and infinitely durable is one thing, but could you handle being in control of every single atom in the universe with your mind? Able to control, create and manipulate time, space and matter? Able to create life and bend everything and everyone to your will, all with a single thought?
I think this particular question might be tricky to you because you chose to be good. Were you evil, or simply careless, it'd be fun to you. But as good and as responsible as you are, I think you'd definitely feel the pressure. With great power comes great responsibilities, so what if your power is absolute and completely limitless? What if you are, in effect, God?
Since your powers are ever growing, perhaps one day you'll get there.

Hi j2001! Hope everything is going okay on your end and thanks for asking these questions.

1) Alright, I went with Bo because I felt she she best represented what I look like. Nothing with how our stories are similar, just purely for aesthetic purposes and to give people an easier description of how I look like.

2) My muscles are particularly large for my body frame, is what I meant to say. I do realize that I'm pretty big and toned in that department, but by no means am I able to outclass a male bodybuilder like Jay Cutler or Kai Greene - as far as size goes. And the closest that I possibly look like is Erica Cordie though taking a bath in the sun or absorbing enormous amounts of radiation can get me to the Shannon Courtney level with definition like Dana Lynn Bailey.

Also, I was relatively fit to start out, but not exactly a world-class athlete either. Think like someone just about 3 months into their fitness program.

3) I honestly fear that question myself though I suppose that I already have some practice with it. As Solaris, I only limit myself to using a few of my abilities, such as flight, super strength, super speed, invulnerability, heat vision and my enhanced senses. I'll even extend it to telekinesis and only when I need to support something without having it crumble on top of me. However, I already have a multitude of abilities that I wouldn't use publicly for fear of people not understanding these abilities or fearing that I'm something beyond. I can actually shapeshift, turn invisible, and I actually have a mind control ability - something that I'll never end up using and I'll explain it in the next paragraph.

So if I was to become omnipotent, I would honestly not change a thing or do anything with it. I know that having such powers would be detrimental, even if I use it to benefit mankind. If I just try to bend reality to my whim until it becomes a perfect uptopia, I'll be robbing every sentient life their free will and who am I to judge what's good and what's bad, right? Even if I create a universe free of crime or calamities or war, I wouldn't feel comfortable or happy with myself. Don't get me wrong, I would love nothing more than for the world to have general peace and for many afflictions to be a thing of history. However, I know well that these things, as unfortunate as they are, have to happen. It's weird trying to explain things, but the point I'm trying to make is that the bad has to balance the good. If I was to take that away, well let's just say that there has to be a lot of bad in order to balance out a perfectly good Universe. So the only thing I can do is just let the universe run like it was designed to and help out when I'm needed. Because even if I hold the power to bend the universe to my whim, I'm still just a part of the whole. So if I try to disrupt that, I'll probably end up causing a calamity of sorts.

Alternatively, I wouldn't have to shop forclothes and who wouldn't want to be able to create a hot cup of chocolate with some chocolate chip cookies on the side? ;)

tl;dr - Lost girl best represents my facial appearance. Erica Cordie best represents my physical description. And the only use I'll have with being omnipotent is just to make sure my clothes don't break and I can have hot cocoa and cookies on hand.

The following user(s) said Thank You: j2001

• Camille Jones
More
05 Sep 2013 23:50 - 05 Sep 2013 23:51 #32894 by j2001
Replied by j2001 on topic Ask a Supergirl
Double post, double love. Isn't that what they say? Well, probably not.

Thank you for the detailed reply!
Yes I'm fine, thank you for asking. I hope you're fine too, and I'm pretty sure you are : P

Wow, seeing you on the Shannon Courtney level must be some real sight to behold! I wonder if it'd be one of those changing life event that makes one say "now that I've witnessed this I can die happily" :)

I'm very glad you told us about the incredible powers you never use. I guess you're walking on the road to godhood faster than I thought! I think I can speak on behalf of all the others by saying that we'd love a story focused on showcasing the powers that didn't make it to "A day in the military" :)
Last edit: 05 Sep 2013 23:51 by j2001.

More
06 Sep 2013 01:24 - 06 Sep 2013 01:24 #32896 by rueda09
Replied by rueda09 on topic Ask a Supergirl
Camille, have you ever been in jail for a bad reason, then break out ? If so, can you explain this adventure and how you break out?
Last edit: 06 Sep 2013 01:24 by rueda09.

More
06 Sep 2013 17:19 #32912 by Camille Jones

rueda09 wrote: Camille, have you ever been in jail for a bad reason, then break out ? If so, can you explain this adventure and how you break out?

Not as of yet, but unless I willingly turned myself in, I have several ways I can break out. I can take the usual route and either break the bars or the wall behind/above me. I could also turn invisible and wait for the guards to come in before slipping out and locking them in. To be honest, it would be too easy.

• Camille Jones
More
06 Sep 2013 23:10 #32921 by jclaw333
Replied by jclaw333 on topic Ask a Supergirl
Are there any powers you hope you one day get? You are constantly evolving and gaining new powers so do you ever find yourself thinking of a new power that might be awesome to have and then trying to see if you can do it?

More
07 Sep 2013 15:13 #32930 by Camille Jones

jclaw333 wrote: Are there any powers you hope you one day get? You are constantly evolving and gaining new powers so do you ever find yourself thinking of a new power that might be awesome to have and then trying to see if you can do it?

I've already gotten so many, I don't know if there are any left that I would love to have and try! Though I guess there is one, but it would be pointless for me to have since I can fly and move faster than anything. I would love to be able to teleport anywhere I want. Would be helpful if I need to be on the other side of the planet in a hurry.

• Camille Jones
More
07 Sep 2013 15:25 #32931 by supian
Replied by supian on topic Ask a Supergirl

Camille Jones wrote:

rueda09 wrote: Camille, have you ever been in jail for a bad reason, then break out ? If so, can you explain this adventure and how you break out?

Not as of yet, but unless I willingly turned myself in, I have several ways I can break out. I can take the usual route and either break the bars or the wall behind/above me. I could also turn invisible and wait for the guards to come in before slipping out and locking them in. To be honest, it would be too easy.

Hmmm....looks to me we might have a bad-ass supergirl here - or at least one with a bit of a bad streak. Anything you want to admit to Camille? Maybe bending the rules a little as well as those prison bars?

More
07 Sep 2013 15:53 #32932 by jclaw333
Replied by jclaw333 on topic Ask a Supergirl

Camille Jones wrote:

jclaw333 wrote: Are there any powers you hope you one day get? You are constantly evolving and gaining new powers so do you ever find yourself thinking of a new power that might be awesome to have and then trying to see if you can do it?

I've already gotten so many, I don't know if there are any left that I would love to have and try! Though I guess there is one, but it would be pointless for me to have since I can fly and move faster than anything. I would love to be able to teleport anywhere I want. Would be helpful if I need to be on the other side of the planet in a hurry.

Might be even more useful if you need to get into another room or building instantaneously without smashing through walls....unless, can you become intangible and pass through things as well? Then you could simply fly at superspeed through things and that would be closer to teleporting.

More
08 Sep 2013 15:04 #32941 by Camille Jones

supian wrote:

Camille Jones wrote:

Hmmm....looks to me we might have a bad-ass supergirl here - or at least one with a bit of a bad streak. Anything you want to admit to Camille? Maybe bending the rules a little as well as those prison bars?

Heh, you would love that, would you? Nope, I got nothing to hide at all. Thanks for trying though.

• Camille Jones
More
08 Sep 2013 15:06 #32942 by Camille Jones

jclaw333 wrote:

Camille Jones wrote:

Might be even more useful if you need to get into another room or building instantaneously without smashing through walls....unless, can you become intangible and pass through things as well? Then you could simply fly at superspeed through things and that would be closer to teleporting.

Well, actually I can already turn invisible or become intangible. But considering that people might freak out over seeing me go through walls, I think teleporting could be easier to write off as me getting there faster than usual.

• Camille Jones
More
09 Sep 2013 21:47 #32960 by jnw550
Replied by jnw550 on topic Ask a Supergirl
Hey Camille!

I noticed you're a bit of a gamer nerd like me. Do you ever get bored with one and play multiple games at once? How many tasks can you do at the same time if you were moving at full speed?

More
10 Sep 2013 02:35 #32962 by steelknight3000
Replied by steelknight3000 on topic Ask a Supergirl
Don't know if this has been asked but is there a maximum amount of radiation your body can absorb? What would happen to you in the center of the sun (if you're invulnerable enough to get there)?

More
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds