Amount

2018 Workshop new setup

03 Jan 2018 13:25 #57982 by fats
2018 Workshop new setup was created by fats
Hi all,

This year we are going to change up how we run the workshops, we are going to run 4 large workshops and one short themed one, the large workshops will follow a 1-2-2 programme.
  1. One week to choose the theme
  2. Two months to write the workshop to the theme
  3. Two weeks to read and vote

The prize will be the workshop winner will get to chose the next theme.

For a little breakdown of what I'm talking about is as follows, based on a calendar (i'll place one on the site shortly) the start of part one will be the announcement of the commencement of the theme selection, a thread will be created for people to make suggestions as to what the next theme should be the winner will have the option of picking one of the themes or choosing their own at the end of that week the next stage will commence.

A two-month period of writing will commence; enabling people to discuss and raise any writing issues a dedicated text chat room in the discord chat server will be created for people to raise and discuss any issues that they may be having, I'll set up a voice chat room as well for those who want to talk about them.

At the end of the two month entry period, the stories will be published and voting will take place. At which time 2 weeks will be given over for discussion/reading and voting.

The winner will be announced at the end of the voting period.

This year I wanted to build a better structure for the workshops so that people will know when they are happening and how to enter.

In the single short workshop that will be based on a topic and will be decided by the admins only, the prize for that workshop will be a new rank and rank image as well as the joy that you have won something cool. Details on the structure will be announced soon.

I will not influence or direct anything other than the running on the workshop from a technical manner, any issues will be dealt with by me, this allows the other admins and mods to enter the workshop as well.

I hope that you don't see this in any way restrictive, I'm trying to make the workshop as open as possible and inclusive as possible.

Comments below

Fats
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, jumperprime, Sarge395, Raa, mastadon, Dru1076, Kamelmann, kshoo, Ravens_ghost, furbutt4, Markiehoe, McVee, TwiceOnThursdays, dstrek, TheOne25, RD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fats
  • fats's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
04 Jan 2018 00:37 #58005 by Dru1076
Replied by Dru1076 on topic 2018 Workshop new setup
Sounds like a good setup, Fats. You can count me in. :)

More
12 Jan 2018 18:58 #58104 by fats
Replied by fats on topic 2018 Workshop new setup
I'm making one change to the setup, I'm dropping the short workshop and replacing it with a dedicated 3d workshop.

Details will follow soon.

Fats

• fats
  • fats's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
Time to create page: 0.047 seconds