Another "Ideas for the next workshop theme" Thread

06 Feb 2012 01:07 #26116 by njae
Here's the updated list of suggestions:

Missed Opportunities: SGI Workshop Themes reloaded
"I want you to write ____"
Family
Origin story (similar to Spring 2011)
Nice girl runs out of patience
Jealousy (similar to SGI 1.4 and therefore contained in the old themes reloaded suggestion)
Blowing off the steam
Desperate Measures to stop a rampaging ubergirl

Maybe it's time for JKIJ and G7 to choose a topic. Since there's also a thread for a Shortstory Workshop, it's possible to have each of them chose one topic. Of course, only IF there are two workshops now. Any words from the officials here?
The topic has been locked.
  • njae
  • njae's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
06 Feb 2012 11:49 #26121 by ace191
I think at the moment, this site is running without close adult supervision.
More
06 Feb 2012 19:51 #26122 by JKIJ
My choice would be Missed Opportunities for the long workshop. I haven't mnagaed to make a choice for the short story workshop yet.
More
07 Feb 2012 06:32 #26128 by fats

ace191 wrote: I think at the moment, this site is running without close adult supervision.

huh?!?!?

Fats
  • fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 Feb 2012 09:31 #26192 by inactive
Missed Opportunities for the long-form workshop. "A supergirl walks into a bar" for the short-form workshop.

I HAVE SPOKEN!

- GeekSeven
More
15 Feb 2012 04:40 #26231 by njae

DietSnapple71 wrote: Missed Opportunities for the long-form workshop. "A supergirl walks into a bar" for the short-form workshop.

I HAVE SPOKEN!

JKIJ wrote: My choice would be Missed Opportunities for the long workshop. I haven't mnagaed to make a choice for the short story workshop yet.

So it's "Missed Oportunities" then. Now I'll have to decide for myself which of these themes I use.

Is the shorstory workshop theme also decided or was this just your personal vote and JKIJ still has to make his decision?

Anyway all we need now is a deadline and a news B)
  • njae
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
15 Feb 2012 05:13 #26232 by SophiePortmane
Replied by SophiePortmane on topic Re: Another "Ideas for the next workshop theme" Thread
Jealousy theme,

I HAVE SPOKEN (too)
More
15 Feb 2012 05:37 #26233 by Caylane

SophiePortmane wrote: Jealousy theme,

I HAVE SPOKEN (too)

If only. If only :laugh:
More
15 Feb 2012 07:56 #26235 by njae

SophiePortmane wrote: Jealousy theme,

I HAVE SPOKEN (too)

I mentioned it before, but the jealousy theme is part of the missed opportunities.

SGI Workshop 1.4: Someone gets superpowers and this makes someone else upset

• njae
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
15 Feb 2012 23:37 - 15 Feb 2012 23:38 #26244 by JKIJ

njae wrote: Is the shorstory workshop theme also decided or was this just your personal vote and JKIJ still has to make his decision?

I hadn't made my vote, but as "A supergirl walks into a bar" was one of my favourite ideas, I'm more than happy to go along with it. I just need to come up with a story that's a bit longer than "A supergirl walks into a bar. The metal bar breaks." :laugh:
Last edit: 15 Feb 2012 23:38 by JKIJ.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yohashuan
More
16 Feb 2012 04:47 #26246 by Woodclaw

JKIJ wrote:

njae wrote: Is the shorstory workshop theme also decided or was this just your personal vote and JKIJ still has to make his decision?

I hadn't made my vote, but as "A supergirl walks into a bar" was one of my favourite ideas, I'm more than happy to go along with it. I just need to come up with a story that's a bit longer than "A supergirl walks into a bar. The metal bar breaks." :laugh:

And for the second time in the history of this community we have a Groucho Marx style joke about a supergirl.
More
17 Feb 2012 00:10 #26264 by Ordo Cabaal Templarus
Replied by Ordo Cabaal Templarus on topic Re: Another "Ideas for the next workshop theme" Thread
You know, first post in the LONG time, that no one seems to think from thier own perspective on what it means to look a long ways up at the ladies, at the same time keeping it where it is. I am not talking about depowerment, I am talking about they learning what it means to be in hiding, seeing the unseen. I mean, you won't believe what you can miss and mess whilst these girls are in a throes of passion. Both, if not all ubergirls are still ubergirls, but they take the usual capes and costumes and/or naked, for wearing what them white and on occassion blue collars wear, and put them looking up at them capes, costumes and naked people, and keep them there. Look what they might see, what they may discover, and what they might put foward. That and it's much easier to say a supervillianess quits. Even they do have to pay the bills and manage them companies and super nations, you know. Also, imagine if your goody two shoes archrival turns out to be the archenemy of all life, how would the 'supervillianess' smile after she turns the world on the head.

You can call the theme 'Reality Trip', or perhaps the best kind of trip. It is called Karma, told by the ubergirl living the grid looking up at what she had been doing. She might be taking some notes, but the ones she gets pissed at happen to be the superheroine busting through the walls messing up the place where her favorite employees work. I mean all that stuff that happens usually, what happens when another supergirl messed with something on her usual favorite trip that happened to (I suspect that this is what will get your attention, it just has a different flavor) belong or was employed by not only a uber-ubergirl living on the grid but had really, really, really loved that place she just was going off in?

Answer: Very, very, very dead.

There is quite a few ways that I have stated this in the ways it can go. You know what other kind of workshop that we can do? Try putting the ABC's on the title, and you might come up with sub-themes for a general theme. Might turn out more, get this, product. Really reap what is sown.

-Ordo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395
  • Ordo Cabaal Templarus
More
26 Feb 2012 22:57 #26376 by njae
With the topics decided how about a deadline? Any word from the officials?
  • njae
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
27 Feb 2012 10:50 - 27 Feb 2012 21:46 #26381 by lfan
I just posted the next theme on the front page. Thanks for everyone's patience. I'm gonna open a new thread on it and lock this one now.

ElF
Last edit: 27 Feb 2012 21:46 by lfan.
More
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds