Amount

Idea for a workshop:24 hours

13 Jul 2013 19:47 #32249 by castor
Idea for a workshop:24 hours was created by castor
This is something i have done before in film but never in a place like.

We get a topic-its not set before hand-from the time its set until its finished each writer has 24 hours to submit a story. Any length you want, following the topic. you have an idea great. Don't make up something quickly.

it can be really fun to work if you let it work quickly if you let it=- let the story come just right out. Sometimes i think in the story contest just the amount of time can hurt you as a writer. You push it off you over think it

. Just let creativity come out and make someone fly. No word limit becuse it can sometimes be faster to write a long story then a short one. Grammar and spell check if you can but try not to deduct to many points for that. Just be creative quickly.

This is something we would have to plan-and i know we have got people like me in america, australia and europe. Pick a good day for as many people as possible and just jam out a story.

But does anyone else find this fun?

Castor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• castor
  • castor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 Jul 2013 20:04 #32250 by inactive
Replied by inactive on topic Idea for a workshop:24 hours
Sounds a lot like the "game jams" that are popular in the indie games development scene.

Could be interesting. Coming up with the theme would be the hardest thing. It needs to be something that will spark creativity, but will also have something for everyone.

Examples of game jam themes:
  • Evolution
  • Fake Peter Molyneux quotes
  • Real Peter Molyneux quotes
  • Taboo
  • Use a particular game engine or technology[/i]

- GeekSeven

More
13 Jul 2013 20:23 #32252 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Idea for a workshop:24 hours
You guys do a good enough job picking topics.

That said-Real Peter Molyneiux tweets as ubergirl stories. Pretty sweet:)

I was thinking of someone doesn't want to do the contest just pick on, right before the contest starts-so no one can do any prewriting.

But thats my thinking,

Castor

• castor
  • castor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 Jul 2013 20:44 #32253 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Idea for a workshop:24 hours
So, if I get it right, the idea is to do a super-short 24 workshop.

If that is the case I won't probably participate. I can scarcely write a page to my satisfaction in 24 hour, so a decently written story is out my ability as a writer at the moment.

More
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds