Amount

Discussions on the NEW graphical Workshops

03 Jan 2014 15:47 - 03 Jan 2014 15:52 #34952 by fats
Here is the place to discuss everything to do with the latest announcement about the new Graphical Workshops.

Entries are to be placed in the this thread .

Fats
Last edit: 03 Jan 2014 15:52 by fats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fats
  • fats's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
03 Jan 2014 17:32 #34955 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Graphical Worksops - Entries thread
just to make a note. I would love to see Mazing Girl posters. Really get a kick out of that. get excited and dance a little jig for it. And i am not a bad dancer.

More
03 Jan 2014 17:37 #34956 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Graphical Worksops - Entries thread
Likewise, I know it doesn't need my "blessing" but I'd be flattered if anyone tried with my stories. I think I'm gonna throw my hat into the ring, but I have my eyes on another story....

More
03 Jan 2014 21:39 #34958 by CDR
Replied by CDR on topic Graphical Worksops - Entries thread
What's the time limit?
I'd like to give it a try...

More
03 Jan 2014 21:42 #34959 by lfan

CDR wrote: What's the time limit?
I'd like to give it a try...

march 31st

More
06 Jan 2014 16:56 - 06 Jan 2014 20:10 #34978 by fats
Replied by fats on topic Graphical Worksops - Entries thread
hi all,

There has been a small but important change in how the posters are to be submitted.

To level the playing field; all posters are to be submitted via email to either lfan (webmaster@superwomanmania.com) or to me (fatmanmedia@yahoo.co.uk)

All posters will then be posted to a dedicated thread by us and a poll will be started at the same time.

Fats
Last edit: 06 Jan 2014 20:10 by fats.

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
07 Jan 2014 15:14 #34999 by lfan

fats wrote: hi all,

There has been a small but important change in how the posters are to be submitted.

To level the playing field; all posters are to be submitted via email to either lfan (webmaster@superwomanmania.com) or to me (fatmanmedia@yahoo.co.uk)

All posters will then be posted to a dedicated thread by us and a poll will be started at the same time.

Fats

Along with this, here are some more FAQs, based on a few questions I got concerning the workshop:

Q: CAN WE USE OUR OWN STORIES?
A: Yes, any story in the library is fair game whether it is yours or someone else's (unless they explicitly post here they don't want their story used)

Q: CAN WE SUBMIT MORE THAN ONE ENTRY?
A: Yep, knock yourself out....but each entry should be a different story. SO don't 5 different "posters" for SuperJen....

Q: HOW DO I KNOW IF SOMEONE ELSE CHOSE THE SAME STORY AS ME?
A: You don't (unless they post it here), but there is no reason why any story cannot have multiple entries from different authors.

ElF

ElF

More
08 Jan 2014 13:28 #35009 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Discussions on the NEW graphical Workshops
I don't have the skills for this, but I'll be interested to see which stories get chosen and what the artists come up with.

I wonder if short video "trailers" might be acceptable entries? Just a suggestion.

More
08 Jan 2014 13:36 #35010 by lfan
Hey Argo....great suggestion in the video trailer....I guess that "new media" workshop might be more apropos. I think we'll keep this one relegated to non-videos but maybe that can be a topic for next time. Great idea.

My hope is we can get enough budding directors to give it a go if we do a video challenge.

ElF

More
11 Jan 2014 16:01 #35050 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Discussions on the NEW graphical Workshops
Question:

This may totally defeat the purpose of the contest but i have an idea.

I have come to realize that mazing girl works less as a movie, then a TV show(actually i have been working to devolop it as a webseries but thats beside the point)

TV shows rarely get movie posters broadsheets-but they do often get like billboard style posters. Whould that work in this contest or should i focus on a more traditional broadsheet?

i can live eitherway.

More
11 Jan 2014 16:27 #35051 by lfan
I wouldn't prohibit the TV "treatment" of one of the stories into poster format, but for consistency in the gallery so that they all are "similar" I'd request that they are "portrait" in nature rather than "landscaped" (billboards)

Thanks
ElF

More
11 Jan 2014 16:28 #35052 by lfan
I wouldn't prohibit the TV "treatment" of one of the stories into poster format, but for consistency in the gallery so that they all are "similar" I'd request that they are "portrait" in nature rather than "landscaped" (billboards)

Thanks
ElF

More
11 Jan 2014 16:35 #35053 by lfan
While I know that we don't want to display the entries until they are all revealed at once, I was wondering if people/participants care or want to "show their cards" as to what story they will be "poster-izing". While multiple entries for one story by different participants is clearly allowed, I just didn't want a person to love his poster of ConceptFan's Milena only to find out that 10 other people also did Milena. Of course, I'm exagerating the numbers, but hopefully you see where I'm going.

I don't wanna do exclusivity, but personally, if I was thinking of doing 1 of 3 stories, I'd be more inclined to pick the one that no one is doing.

Am I thinking into this too much or does anyone care?

ElF

More
11 Jan 2014 16:46 #35054 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Discussions on the NEW graphical Workshops

lfan wrote: While I know that we don't want to display the entries until they are all revealed at once, I was wondering if people/participants care or want to "show their cards" as to what story they will be "poster-izing". While multiple entries for one story by different participants is clearly allowed, I just didn't want a person to love his poster of ConceptFan's Milena only to find out that 10 other people also did Milena. Of course, I'm exagerating the numbers, but hopefully you see where I'm going.

I don't wanna do exclusivity, but personally, if I was thinking of doing 1 of 3 stories, I'd be more inclined to pick the one that no one is doing.

Am I thinking into this too much or does anyone care?

ElF

As discussed Everyone who does an Mazing girl story, will get a personalized, highly coreographed Jig from yours truey.

Castor

Can can, you do the Can Can?

Yes.

More
12 Jan 2014 09:51 #35063 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Discussions on the NEW graphical Workshops
I'm working on something for this contest, but now I have a problem. My work was in landspace format, so this might disqualify me even before we start now.

More
12 Jan 2014 15:42 #35064 by pansardum
Replied by pansardum on topic Discussions on the NEW graphical Workshops

Anon wrote: I'm working on something for this contest, but now I have a problem. My work was in landspace format, so this might disqualify me even before we start now.

Rotate 90 degrees, problem FIXED!

No need to thank me, you are welcome!
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan

More
12 Jan 2014 16:08 #35065 by fats

Anon wrote: I'm working on something for this contest, but now I have a problem. My work was in landspace format, so this might disqualify me even before we start now.

landscape posters are fine, my local cinema has all their posters in landscape format so it's all good.

fats

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
12 Jan 2014 16:35 #35066 by lfan
OK...landscape is fair game

ElF
The following user(s) said Thank You: Woodclaw

More
12 Jan 2014 22:49 #35071 by fats
here is some help in designing posters

www.pinterest.com/robertleotta/design-principles/

creativebits.org/inspiration/dieter_rams...design_poster_format

paper-leaf.com/blog/2012/10/principles-o...ck-reference-poster/

I'll post other resources like free clip art and fonts in the next wee while.

Fats

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
25 Mar 2014 04:24 #35908 by circes_cup
Replied by circes_cup on topic Discussions on the NEW graphical Workshops
Is this workshop still concluding on March 31?

More
25 Mar 2014 11:58 #35910 by lfan

circes_cup wrote: Is this workshop still concluding on March 31?

Yes...last date for entries is midnight Mar 31

More
07 Apr 2014 01:19 #36108 by Dru1076
Replied by Dru1076 on topic Discussions on the NEW graphical Workshops
Some really great entries here...a shame no-one used one of my stories, but hey...I'd go see ALL of these movies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan

More
07 Apr 2014 02:15 #36109 by inactive
Replied by inactive on topic Discussions on the NEW graphical Workshops

Dru1076 wrote: Some really great entries here...a shame no-one used one of my stories, but hey...I'd go see ALL of these movies.

Mob Girl was next on my list, but I got distracted after a couple of Google searches for sexy mobster Halloween costumes...

- GeekSeven
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dru1076

More
07 Apr 2014 11:54 #36116 by njae

Dru1076 wrote: Some really great entries here...a shame no-one used one of my stories, but hey...I'd go see ALL of these movies.

I second that.

In terms of teasing, I think Woodclaw's has the advantage of the story not being finished or published yet. All we have is Closure Hour showing Maggie for the first time and the first chapter of Family Pictures that was published as Guns of the Highlands.

• njae
  • Away
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
07 Apr 2014 12:25 #36118 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Discussions on the NEW graphical Workshops

Everything given and considered mine would probably turn out to be more a TV series than a movie. :p

More
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds