Amount

2015 Winter Workshop is On!

08 Dec 2015 06:20 #45570 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic 2015 Winter Workshop is On!
I now have drafts of two stories (at least edited so the spelling/grammar aren't hideous. No one should see my original copy!)

Not sure I like the first one, I have some tweaks I'd like to do to it. The second is clunky but I like it. I might try to give it some more love (adding more ubergirl), but I think it works well as is.

I hope to give them a bit of focus during the week and finish them off on Saturday.

It was good to give me an excuse to write, I've been too focused on other things going on in my life and not giving enough time to writing. (I just finished the second story and it felt really good writing it.)

I vaguely recalled someone offering to help with editing?
The topic has been locked.
More
09 Dec 2015 16:51 #45591 by algae2k
Replied by algae2k on topic 2015 Winter Workshop is On!
**raises hand**
More
10 Dec 2015 00:48 #45603 by fats
Replied by fats on topic 2015 Winter Workshop is On!
because of the site outage I'm extending the deadline from next Tuesday to next Saturday so that's from the 15th December to the 19th December.

fats
  • fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 Dec 2015 20:39 #45610 by hdmk2
Replied by hdmk2 on topic 2015 Winter Workshop is On!
My entry is ready - I've had a story / idea for a while which I wanted to get out there in the real world - so this was the perfect chance to do it. I've tried uploading it via the website, but I don't seem to have permission.

I've emailed you instead Fats.

Thanks
More
10 Dec 2015 20:51 #45611 by fats

hdmk2 wrote: My entry is ready - I've had a story / idea for a while which I wanted to get out there in the real world - so this was the perfect chance to do it. I've tried uploading it via the website, but I don't seem to have permission.

I've emailed you instead Fats.

Thanks

hi,

I've fixed your permissions problem.

fats
  • fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 Dec 2015 19:42 #45644 by hdmk2
Replied by hdmk2 on topic 2015 Winter Workshop is On!
Thanks fats. All sorted now - submission uploaded
More
17 Dec 2015 01:18 #45696 by fats
We have only 2 entries so far, remember guys and gal the deadline is this Saturday.

Fats
  • fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
17 Dec 2015 01:42 - 17 Dec 2015 01:44 #45698 by Dru1076
Replied by Dru1076 on topic 2015 Winter Workshop is On!
My story is almost ready...i just need to add another scene and do a little polishing. :)
Last edit: 17 Dec 2015 01:44 by Dru1076.
More
17 Dec 2015 02:07 #45699 by inactive
Replied by inactive on topic 2015 Winter Workshop is On!
I've submitted a brief scene.

- GeekSeven
More
17 Dec 2015 03:31 #45700 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic 2015 Winter Workshop is On!
I'm a little behind thanks to some other things going on this week. Not sure if I'm going to make it. If not, then I'll post it after the contest is over.

Shadar
  • shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
17 Dec 2015 11:43 #45704 by brantley
Replied by brantley on topic 2015 Winter Workshop is On!

fats wrote: We have only 2 entries so far, remember guys and gal the deadline is this Saturday.

Fats

Been ages since I submitted anything, and I can't figure out how to insert text into the submission form as opposed to jut typing in the tittle and author, so I sent you mine last night by e-,mail.

--Brantley
More
17 Dec 2015 23:22 - 17 Dec 2015 23:24 #45711 by pansardum
Replied by pansardum on topic 2015 Winter Workshop is On!
So my entry is nearly finished and I wanted to check if there's someone that would want to do some fast proof reading? I mean it doesn't even need to be that fast, there's almost 56 hours left to deadline. :laugh:
I could also proof read if someone wants , if it's reasonable length. (even though I'm not a native English speaker)

Anyhow if someone wants to help, send me an email at pansardum@gmail.com and I'll send a copy.
Last edit: 17 Dec 2015 23:24 by pansardum.
More
17 Dec 2015 23:36 #45713 by shadar
Am I correct in assuming that the deadline is midnight Saturday night, UTC time?
  • shadar
More
18 Dec 2015 02:51 #45718 by brantley
Replied by brantley on topic 2015 Winter Workshop is On!
Woodclaw managed to post mine. I thank him.

--Brantley
More
18 Dec 2015 04:51 #45721 by TwiceOnThursdays
With many thanks to algae2k for some great edits. Every time someone edits my stuff I learn a bit and I'm amazed at how much better a few tweaks here and there make things flow better.

I shall be posting my first story soon (if not tonight then tomorrow after I stumble out of my post Star Wars haze). I'm just going through the edits and looking for any last minute changes I might want to do.

Hopefully I'll have time to get my second story (really my first one) tuned up and ready to post too. I still don't quite like it.
More
18 Dec 2015 05:22 #45722 by fats

shadar wrote: Am I correct in assuming that the deadline is midnight Saturday night, UTC time?

correct.

fats
  • fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 Dec 2015 20:08 #45724 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic 2015 Winter Workshop is On!
I had envisioned entering, but an unexpected and unplanned medical occurance has had me laid up longer than expected. Best of luck to all entrants.....

ElF
  • lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 Dec 2015 23:54 #45725 by Dru1076
I put my entry in through the submit a workshop, and it appeared instantly. I took the story out, but I don't want to miss out. Sorry...i must have done something wrong. I will put the story back after the deadline has passed. Don't want to have myself disqualified for putting my story up early...
More
19 Dec 2015 00:07 #45726 by fats
dru email me the entry, i'll post it.

Fats
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dru1076
  • fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
19 Dec 2015 04:41 #45727 by fats
it's 0440UTC and there is nerly 16 hours left to submit a story.

I have 5 entries so far, stories are from Dru, Brantley, blueriver, geekseven and hdmk2.

Please either submit them via the menu item or email them to me at fatmanmedia@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks

Fats
  • fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
19 Dec 2015 05:41 - 19 Dec 2015 05:42 #45728 by shadar

fats wrote: it's 0440UTC and there is nerly 16 hours left to submit a story.

I have 5 entries so far, stories are from Dru, Brantley, blueriver, geekseven and hdmk2.

Please either submit them via the menu item or email them to me at fatmanmedia@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks

Fats

I'm not going to make it with mine... count me out. Story got a bit more involved than I expected and that made it harder to get all the subplots to thread together as quickly as I'd hoped.

I'll submit it as a normal story submission a few days later.

Shadar
Last edit: 19 Dec 2015 05:42 by shadar.
  • shadar
More
19 Dec 2015 06:22 - 19 Dec 2015 06:23 #45730 by Dru1076
I cannot speak for all the other entrants, but I'd be willing to wait a few days to let Shadar get there time he needs.
Last edit: 19 Dec 2015 06:23 by Dru1076.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395
More
19 Dec 2015 06:44 #45731 by fats

shadar wrote:

fats wrote: it's 0440UTC and there is nerly 16 hours left to submit a story.

Thanks

Fats

I'm not going to make it with mine... count me out. Story got a bit more involved than I expected and that made it harder to get all the subplots to thread together as quickly as I'd hoped.

I'll submit it as a normal story submission a few days later.

Shadar

thanks for that, once you have the story finished we would still love for it to be submitted.

fats
  • fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
19 Dec 2015 12:34 #45733 by TwiceOnThursdays

Dru1076 wrote: I cannot speak for all the other entrants, but I'd be willing to wait a few days to let Shadar get there time he needs.

I agree. I'd rather see a lot of good stories.

And I just submitted a story, not sure if it worked so I also emailed it to Fats.

Pretty sure I won't get the other one fixed up in time. I submitted the best of the two anyway.
More
19 Dec 2015 13:27 #45734 by pansardum
Replied by pansardum on topic 2015 Winter Workshop is On!

fats wrote:

shadar wrote: Am I correct in assuming that the deadline is midnight Saturday night, UTC time?

correct.

fats

The first post says EST and now it's UTC, is that a thought out change or did Shadar confuse you? :P

TwiceOnThursdays wrote:

Dru1076 wrote: I cannot speak for all the other entrants, but I'd be willing to wait a few days to let Shadar get there time he needs.

I agree. I'd rather see a lot of good stories.

And I just submitted a story, not sure if it worked so I also emailed it to Fats.

Pretty sure I won't get the other one fixed up in time. I submitted the best of the two anyway.

I agree with wanting to see as many entries as possible but for me it is difficult to grant single entrants more time. It is then a question of how much more time, and maybe next time someone else wants extra time. It's a slippery slope. Plus, it takes away some from those that managed to get it in on time.
More
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds