Amount

2015 Winter Workshop is On!

18 Dec 2015 05:22 #45722 by fats
Replied by fats on topic 2015 Winter Workshop is On!

shadar wrote: Am I correct in assuming that the deadline is midnight Saturday night, UTC time?

correct.

fats
The topic has been locked.
More
18 Dec 2015 20:08 #45724 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic 2015 Winter Workshop is On!
I had envisioned entering, but an unexpected and unplanned medical occurance has had me laid up longer than expected. Best of luck to all entrants.....

ElF
  • lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • SWM - Administrator
  • SWM - Administrator
More
18 Dec 2015 23:54 #45725 by Dru1076
Replied by Dru1076 on topic 2015 Winter Workshop is On!
I put my entry in through the submit a workshop, and it appeared instantly. I took the story out, but I don't want to miss out. Sorry...i must have done something wrong. I will put the story back after the deadline has passed. Don't want to have myself disqualified for putting my story up early...

"Stupid Reality!" - Homer J. Simpson
More
19 Dec 2015 00:07 #45726 by fats
dru email me the entry, i'll post it.

Fats
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dru1076
More
19 Dec 2015 04:41 #45727 by fats
it's 0440UTC and there is nerly 16 hours left to submit a story.

I have 5 entries so far, stories are from Dru, Brantley, blueriver, geekseven and hdmk2.

Please either submit them via the menu item or email them to me at fatmanmedia@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks

Fats
More
19 Dec 2015 05:41 - 19 Dec 2015 05:42 #45728 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic 2015 Winter Workshop is On!

fats wrote: it's 0440UTC and there is nerly 16 hours left to submit a story.

I have 5 entries so far, stories are from Dru, Brantley, blueriver, geekseven and hdmk2.

Please either submit them via the menu item or email them to me at fatmanmedia@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks

Fats

I'm not going to make it with mine... count me out. Story got a bit more involved than I expected and that made it harder to get all the subplots to thread together as quickly as I'd hoped.

I'll submit it as a normal story submission a few days later.

Shadar
Last edit: 19 Dec 2015 05:42 by shadar.
  • shadar
  • Away
  • Legend of SWM
  • Legend of SWM
More
19 Dec 2015 06:22 - 19 Dec 2015 06:23 #45730 by Dru1076
Replied by Dru1076 on topic 2015 Winter Workshop is On!
I cannot speak for all the other entrants, but I'd be willing to wait a few days to let Shadar get there time he needs.

"Stupid Reality!" - Homer J. Simpson
Last edit: 19 Dec 2015 06:23 by Dru1076.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395
More
19 Dec 2015 06:44 #45731 by fats

shadar wrote:

fats wrote: it's 0440UTC and there is nerly 16 hours left to submit a story.

Thanks

Fats

I'm not going to make it with mine... count me out. Story got a bit more involved than I expected and that made it harder to get all the subplots to thread together as quickly as I'd hoped.

I'll submit it as a normal story submission a few days later.

Shadar

thanks for that, once you have the story finished we would still love for it to be submitted.

fats
More
19 Dec 2015 12:34 #45733 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic 2015 Winter Workshop is On!

Dru1076 wrote: I cannot speak for all the other entrants, but I'd be willing to wait a few days to let Shadar get there time he needs.

I agree. I'd rather see a lot of good stories.

And I just submitted a story, not sure if it worked so I also emailed it to Fats.

Pretty sure I won't get the other one fixed up in time. I submitted the best of the two anyway.
  • TwiceOnThursdays
  • Away
  • Uberposter
  • Uberposter
More
19 Dec 2015 13:27 #45734 by pansardum
Replied by pansardum on topic 2015 Winter Workshop is On!

fats wrote:

shadar wrote: Am I correct in assuming that the deadline is midnight Saturday night, UTC time?

correct.

fats

The first post says EST and now it's UTC, is that a thought out change or did Shadar confuse you? :P

TwiceOnThursdays wrote:

Dru1076 wrote: I cannot speak for all the other entrants, but I'd be willing to wait a few days to let Shadar get there time he needs.

I agree. I'd rather see a lot of good stories.

And I just submitted a story, not sure if it worked so I also emailed it to Fats.

Pretty sure I won't get the other one fixed up in time. I submitted the best of the two anyway.

I agree with wanting to see as many entries as possible but for me it is difficult to grant single entrants more time. It is then a question of how much more time, and maybe next time someone else wants extra time. It's a slippery slope. Plus, it takes away some from those that managed to get it in on time.
More
19 Dec 2015 13:49 - 19 Dec 2015 13:50 #45735 by brantley
Replied by brantley on topic 2015 Winter Workshop is On!
UTC is five hours earlier than EST, which would make the deadline 7 p.m. EST. But since Fats lives in England, should he have to be up at 5 a.m. his time to handle any problems with last-minute entries?

Shadar himself didn't ask for an extension, so I don't think others should.

--Brantley
Last edit: 19 Dec 2015 13:50 by brantley.
  • brantley
  • Uberposter of Distinction
More
19 Dec 2015 23:40 #45738 by d_k_c
Replied by d_k_c on topic 2015 Winter Workshop is On!
I am working fast, if not a bit sloppily to get my story in. I believed I had until today, and all day to submit. So, am I too late? Can I submit mine in a few hours? 4 to be precise?
More
19 Dec 2015 23:46 #45739 by fats
I should be tough and say no, but it will take me some time to get the blog posts and other forum stuff set up so you have your 4 hours, so you have until 0400UTC to post it.

Fats
More
19 Dec 2015 23:50 #45740 by d_k_c
Wonderful! This was supposed to be a short story......it ended up being a long story, and unfortunately will have multiple chapters. Hope everyone likes, looking forward to the other entries
More
20 Dec 2015 00:46 #45741 by fats
I've spoken to shadar and he asked for a 48 hour extension and I've granted it.

But be warned that there will be no additional extension to the workshop, so for those who have already submitted their story and want to edit it or make improvements they have an additional 48 hours to do so.

So the final deadline is now 0000UTC Tuesday 22nd December 2015 at which point i'll set up the vote and blog post.

Fats
The following user(s) said Thank You: d_k_c, Dru1076
More
20 Dec 2015 01:23 #45742 by brantley
Last I checked the Winter Workshop page, all the entries besides mine dated back to last January and February. Yet others have have reported submitting their new entries.

--Brantley
  • brantley
More
20 Dec 2015 03:48 #45743 by d_k_c
I was right about to submit.....Thx for the extra time....should be enough to polish it up
More
20 Dec 2015 19:24 #45748 by brantley
And now mine has disappeared. But maybe Fats and Woodclaw are creating a new section for the Workshop as it was reannounced, as opposed to the one with stories from last winter.

--Brantley
  • brantley
More
20 Dec 2015 19:40 #45749 by fats

brantley wrote: And now mine has disappeared. But maybe Fats and Woodclaw are creating a new section for the Workshop as it was reannounced, as opposed to the one with stories from last winter.

--Brantley

Yep, the new category has been created and at the moment there is 9 entries with 2 more expected. Also there will be a module just for entries that will appear below the Latest Stories module.

Fats
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dru1076
More
21 Dec 2015 13:03 #45757 by paulwitz
Replied by paulwitz on topic 2015 Winter Workshop is On!
Hi, Fats. I can't find any of the 2015 Winter Workshop stories. Help please. Thanks.
More
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds