Amount

2018 workshop no. 1

15 Jan 2018 19:51 #58143 by bach2990
Replied by bach2990 on topic 2018 workshop no. 1
The older sister is taking over the familie business / company after her parents died in a tragedy situation. She want to be free, but she are force to be the owner. Plus she have take care of her sister / sisters, who are superheroine. The daily routine of business, news and familie drama.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dru1076, luchodemeyer
The topic has been locked.
More
16 Jan 2018 20:06 #58153 by luchodemeyer
Replied by luchodemeyer on topic 2018 workshop no. 1

bach2990 wrote: The older sister is taking over the familie business / company after her parents died in a tragedy situation. She want to be free, but she are force to be the owner. Plus she have take care of her sister / sisters, who are superheroine. The daily routine of business, news and familie drama.

Wow, I love the concept!
If you feel the courage to write this, I would be glad to read :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: bach2990
More
16 Jan 2018 21:30 - 16 Jan 2018 21:31 #58154 by bach2990
Replied by bach2990 on topic 2018 workshop no. 1

luchodemeyer wrote: Wow, I love the concept! If you feel the courage to write this, I would be glad to read :)

I have some ideas, both good and bad. But I don't know where to begin the story and also to write the story. I love to read, write one is a another thing. It also why I put my idea here.
Last edit: 16 Jan 2018 21:31 by bach2990.
More
17 Jan 2018 05:16 #58160 by grungykitten
Replied by grungykitten on topic 2018 workshop no. 1
I would love to read about a girl who constantly uses her super powers, but doesn't recognize how super she is. Thanks to her powers, she goes through life meeting every challenge, winning every conflict and reaching every goal she sets for herself, with relative ease. But she chalks it all up to luck, or preparation, or her adversaries not really trying, or a myriad of other reasons. She thinks she's just like any other girl in her socioeconomic class, even though she routinely performs feats that no other human on earth could perform.

But slowly it begins to dawn on her that she isn't normal; she's vastly superior to everyone else. How does she react to that realization? What does she do? I'd love to find out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dru1076
More
17 Jan 2018 06:17 #58161 by naked.superpower
Replied by naked.superpower on topic 2018 workshop no. 1

grungykitten wrote: I would love to read about a girl who constantly uses her super powers, but doesn't recognize how super she is. Thanks to her powers, she goes through life meeting every challenge, winning every conflict and reaching every goal she sets for herself, with relative ease. But she chalks it all up to luck, or preparation, or her adversaries not really trying, or a myriad of other reasons. She thinks she's just like any other girl in her socioeconomic class, even though she routinely performs feats that no other human on earth could perform.

But slowly it begins to dawn on her that she isn't normal; she's vastly superior to everyone else. How does she react to that realization? What does she do? I'd love to find out.

I once had an idea similar in a way. "The Truman show". An innately superpowered girl lives in an artificial world set up by govt secret services. Their aim is to prevent her from realizing herself as superpowered. They "empower" the other dwellers of the town with hidden technological gadgets so she doesn't feel different. But one day...
There's some room for switching points of view, writing out coordinating radio broadcasts etc
Grungykitten, I think this is a possible case of what you suggest
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, Dru1076, Kamelmann, Ravens_ghost, Monty
  • naked.superpower
More
17 Jan 2018 13:48 #58164 by Monty
Replied by Monty on topic 2018 workshop no. 1

sidd1333 wrote:

grungykitten wrote: I would love to read about a girl who constantly uses her super powers, but doesn't recognize how super she is. Thanks to her powers, she goes through life meeting every challenge, winning every conflict and reaching every goal she sets for herself, with relative ease. But she chalks it all up to luck, or preparation, or her adversaries not really trying, or a myriad of other reasons. She thinks she's just like any other girl in her socioeconomic class, even though she routinely performs feats that no other human on earth could perform.

I once had an idea similar in a way. "The Truman show". An innately superpowered girl lives in an artificial world set up by govt secret services. Their aim is to prevent her from realizing herself as superpowered. They "empower" the other dwellers of the town with hidden technological gadgets so she doesn't feel different. But one day...
There's some room for switching points of view, writing out coordinating radio broadcasts etc
Grungykitten, I think this is a possible case of what you suggest

There are some really good ideas surfacing on this thread that, if not followed up by Dru for the workshop, could lead to some good stories. (No pressure Dru :P)
More
17 Jan 2018 13:57 #58165 by conceptfan
Replied by conceptfan on topic 2018 workshop no. 1

Monty wrote: There are some really good ideas surfacing on this thread that, if not followed up by Dru for the workshop, could lead to some good stories. (No pressure Dru :P)

I was thinking the same. Dru's got a big call to make with so many exciting ideas here. Would be a shame if the unsuccessful suggestions weren't picked up by someone at some point... Maybe after the workshop is sealed, the ideas not selected could be re-posted in the Story Requests/Suggestions topic?
More
17 Jan 2018 14:38 #58167 by fats
Replied by fats on topic 2018 workshop no. 1
i have plans for the unused ideas, news on that will follow soon.

Fat
The following user(s) said Thank You: naked.superpower, Monty
  • fats
  • fats's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
17 Jan 2018 15:19 #58168 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic 2018 workshop no. 1

conceptfan wrote:

Monty wrote: There are some really good ideas surfacing on this thread that, if not followed up by Dru for the workshop, could lead to some good stories. (No pressure Dru :P)

I was thinking the same. Dru's got a big call to make with so many exciting ideas here. Would be a shame if the unsuccessful suggestions weren't picked up by someone at some point... Maybe after the workshop is sealed, the ideas not selected could be re-posted in the Story Requests/Suggestions topic?

It's not like this will be the only 2018 workshop ;)
More
17 Jan 2018 15:31 #58169 by conceptfan
Replied by conceptfan on topic 2018 workshop no. 1

Woodclaw wrote: It's not like this will be the only 2018 workshop ;)

Of course. And that's great. But neither is it the case that there will be as many workshops this year as good ideas on this thread. Nor that there won't be further ideas proposed when those workshops are announced. Or that a future topic decider will pick one of the unused ideas suggested for this workshop... Which is why I'm intrigued by Fats' sinister-sounding "plans"...
More
18 Jan 2018 00:14 #58172 by Kamelmann
Replied by Kamelmann on topic 2018 workshop no. 1
Big fan of the supervillain genre so that's of real interest to me.

But I have to say sidd1333's idea of a Truman show concept is really cool. To the point I've started to write a story for that scenario regardless of whether it's selected or not.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Woodclaw, naked.superpower, Monty
More
18 Jan 2018 06:54 - 18 Jan 2018 07:19 #58175 by Monty
Replied by Monty on topic 2018 workshop no. 1

Kamelmann wrote: Big fan of the supervillain genre so that's of real interest to me.

But I have to say sidd1333's idea of a Truman show concept is really cool. To the point I've started to write a story for that scenario regardless of whether it's selected or not.

This sounds really good. We have a little background on the concept, so we won't be thrown into the story. Go for it Kam!
Last edit: 18 Jan 2018 07:19 by Monty.
More
18 Jan 2018 17:45 #58186 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic 2018 workshop no. 1
Costume for the winner. Small or medium. You pay shipping.

If you've won before then to the runner up and on down the line.

Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, conceptfan, Woodclaw, Dru1076, fats, Markiehoe, Monty
  • Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds